Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

This is what has to happen for Pies to make 8th spot according to Kevin Pollard on twitter:

• Collingwood d Melbourne
  • West Coast d Carlton
  • St Kilda d Carlton
  • Freo lose to Port in Perth
  • Dogs and Hawks win last two games
Simple really 😊

I find myself actively barracking for Carlton against the Eagles.

Just because if they win, there is absolutely no way the Filth can make the eight

I don't want them to have even the remotest sniff of Finals

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Could've done the job ourselves.
Ah well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find myself actively barracking for Carlton against the Eagles.

Just because if they win, there is absolutely no way the Filth can make the eight

I don't want them to have even the remotest sniff of Finals

Yep, the Pies would have to win their game next weekend v the Demons by a massive margin to be any chance of getting in the 8, then they would have to rely on one of Hawks or Blues losing to Kangaroos or Saints respectively.

Saints a chance of winning v Blues but IMO the percentage difference(live ladder gap right now is 10.1%) would be too much to make up for the Filth.

Dockers in 9th if the Blues go on and win tonight.. Blues currently up by 56 points

Yep, the Pies would have to win their game next weekend v the Demons by a massive margin to be any chance of getting in the 8, then they would have to rely on one of Hawks or Blues losing to Kangaroos or Saints respectively.

Saints a chance of winning v Blues but IMO the percentage difference(live ladder gap right now is 10.1%) would be too much to make up for the Filth.

Dockers in 9th if the Blues go on and win tonight.. Blues currently up by 56 points

Amazing to think Dogs could still miss.

Doubt many people on here will want to talk him up. But in all seriousness, Nick Daicos could genuinely become the GOAT IMO. I don't think even GAJ had the skill level Nick does (and I think GAJ was extremely skilful). To have that unparalleled kicking skill, with that amount of composure and that amount of pace. It's pretty special.

The only thing that i think might hold him back from winning multiple MVP's etc. and becoming the GOAT or one of the GOAT's is his contested game, I think GAJ was naturally better in that area to date (and Nick does play for too many free kicks). But if Nick improves his contested game, its hard to see him not winning at least a couple of MVP's and Brownlows.

FYI I think Gary is this century's current GOAT. Nick will need a good 7 year patch with multiple MVP's and Brownlows to rival Gary.

Nick's already gone past the hating him because he's a gun stage. Now for me you just have to respect and admire that level of ability. Took me a good 5 or 6 years to get to that stage with the Bont. So to do it in 2 years it's pretty remarkable.

My problem is that when there is a constant sound of over-promotion (eg claiming GOAT when in their first year etc) it sets up an auto-contrariness in my psyche so I am more aware of watching for weaknessess rather than strengths.

Actually I think he would be a much better player if he was wearing a maroon blue and gold outfit :)

Hawks will demolish us in the finals.
Nah - they have never beaten us at the Gabba***

**recently I mean unless I have forgotten them coming up here which is certainly possible

Sad Hbo GIF by SuccessionHBO

Yeah.

Still a big downer for us.

A win yesterday and we would have been sitting fourth.

I still think if we can clean up our goalkicking , there is not a team left in the race that we can't beat

Yeah goal kicking an issue but its a little bit more than just the goal kicking though IMO. Being able to be fully invested in the game for the whole game mentally and physically is a major issue as well.

The only thing that i think might hold him back from winning multiple MVP's etc. and becoming the GOAT or one of the GOAT's is his contested game, I think GAJ was naturally better in that area to date (and Nick does play for too many free kicks). But if Nick improves his contested game, its hard to see him not winning at least a couple of MVP's and Brownlows.

Bingo.

Comfortably the most impressive uncontested player in the game, but his lack of physicality in a major flaw. Shirks too many contests, doesn’t love a hard ball, and is too soft a tackler.

You’d be crazy not to want him of course - he’s outrageously good at what he’s good at. But until he improves his contested game, it’s insulting to GAJ to put them in the same sentence.

Yeah goal kicking an issue but its a little bit more than just the goal kicking though IMO. Being able to be fully invested in the game for the whole game mentally and physically is a major issue as well.

I think missing simple shots at goal must be totally energy draining, so your "investment" in the game as a group surely must suffer as a result. That's just human nature. It's not just the Lions either. Time and time again this season, we have seen games where one side is dominant for 75% of game time but loses the match through poor conversion

In games where we have got our goalkicking even just average, we have won comfortably.

We smashed Port, Saints, Bulldogs and Melbourne AWAY from home with competent kicking for goal.

Get the conversion on track and the investment follows.

Seriously, our guys have fluffed so many gettable shots in the last two matches that I've lost count

I think missing simple shots at goal must be totally energy draining, so your "investment" in the game as a group surely must suffer as a result. That's just human nature. It's not just the Lions either. Time and time again this season, we have seen games where one side is dominant for 75% of game time but loses the match through poor conversion

In games where we have got our goalkicking even just average, we have won comfortably.

We smashed Port, Saints, Bulldogs and Melbourne AWAY from home with competent kicking for goal.

Get the conversion on track and the investment follows.

Seriously, our guys have fluffed so many gettable shots in the last two matches that I've lost count
Yep, i think this season is highlighted by when you have momentum in this game you MUST put the pressure on with scoreboard pressure. You know the other teams will get there run at it so must take the opportunities when they arise.

Yeah.

Still a big downer for us.

A win yesterday and we would have been sitting fourth.

I still think if we can clean up our goalkicking , there is not a team left in the race that we can't beat

We’d have to obviously beat four top 8 teams in a row with three on the road consecutively. Is that realistically going to happen. Highly unlikely I’d have thought and to think it was all in our own hands for two weeks and after everything the club spewed after losing the GF last year and this is their response.

Remove this Banner Ad

Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back