Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

This Petraca story is insane!
He says he wants to go to a “big Melbourne club”
I don’t see how any of them have the capital to trade for him.
McKay for Petracca is ridiculous.
But can Melbourne keep him if he’s adamant that he wants out?
If I were running the dees, I’d be holding him to his contract.

McKay aint going there and who'd blame him.

As for Petracca; he signed a long term so you can't have your cake and eat it too. No doubt he'll say Melbourne breached something due to the handling of his injury causing the change, but some of those things McClure said such as wanting to now play in front of big crowds and to increase his own "brand" is just bad luck in me view.

I'm with Caro and Kane, i think Petracca is full of himself and is completely entitled. That being said, I appreciate that when a player wants out, its destabilising to a club to keep him but so did Ryan O'Keefe and he played his career out at the Swans after Swans refused to deal him and he played in a flag and won a Normie I think.

McKay aint going there and who'd blame him.

As for Petracca; he signed a long term so you can't have your cake and eat it too. No doubt he'll say Melbourne breached something due to the handling of his injury causing the change, but some of those things McClure said such as wanting to now play in front of big crowds and to increase his own "brand" is just bad luck in me view.

I'm with Caro and Kane, i think Petracca is full of himself and is completely entitled. That being said, I appreciate that when a player wants out, its destabilising to a club to keep him but so did Ryan O'Keefe and he played his career out at the Swans after Swans refused to deal him and he played in a flag and won a Normie I think.

That really wasn't a great segment. He really seemed to not know the answer to most of those questions and was just making stuff up.

This Petraca story is insane!
He says he wants to go to a “big Melbourne club”
I don’t see how any of them have the capital to trade for him.
McKay for Petracca is ridiculous.
But can Melbourne keep him if he’s adamant that he wants out?
If I were running the dees, I’d be holding him to his contract.
They can keep him to his contract and make him play 2's if they want.
It would be stupid and they absolutely would not but with so long left on his contract they can make him play next year to give themselves a chance to change his mind without losing anything IMO.
Maybe he decides not to give them his best next year but that hurts him when going for contracts in 2026 more than it would hurt Melbourne IMO.

They can keep him to his contract and make him play 2's if they want.
It would be stupid and they absolutely would not but with so long left on his contract they can make him play next year to give themselves a chance to change his mind without losing anything IMO.
Maybe he decides not to give them his best next year but that hurts him when going for contracts in 2026 more than it would hurt Melbourne IMO.
Petracca's not stupid. He knows he's got 5 years left on his deal and that he committed to it and I believe he was fully committed to the club.

But what happened this year cut him to the core ,he believed he nearly died and he just wants out.

So it's out there if anyone wants to put up whatever it takes . I doubt it's got anything to do with money for present or future contracts from his standpoint.

I had initially assumed this was a play to get them to broom the back office at the Demons and people like Goodwin.

It’s a credit to goodie and clarry that they’ve been able to basically crush one of the best lists in the comp.

If you are told you are/were near death it can certainly drastically change you life outlook and goals.

I would default to the position that Petracca is genuine in his reasons for wanting out of the Dees ie. mismanagement of his injury/club culture.

He's going to request a move to the Saints. Having a near death experience and realising that you're literally a Demon is very eye-opening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club should do a fan tin rattle like the dogs and north do to get enough money to reboot ‘ready steady cook’ and pitch that petracca can host it and cook on it.

I had initially assumed this was a play to get them to broom the back office at the Demons and people like Goodwin.

It’s a credit to goodie and clarry that they’ve been able to basically crush one of the best lists in the comp.
From the point that they looked invincible they fell apart.

A good lesson.

They are already going to trade away their first round pick for Rioli. What’s the point of giving noble 4 years when you already have other options and a heap of young drafted talent?

I wonder whether they might try to turn him into a pressure small forward

From the point that they looked invincible they fell apart.

A good lesson.

Genuinely think it was culture, leadership and governance disgrace and I’d be furious as a Melbourne fan. These issues likely existed before the flag but were allowed to go into overdrive unchecked afterwards.

Agree after reading this article

“This must have been 3am in the morning. I didn’t know at the time; I was drugged up,” he said.

“Bella came to the ICU the next day and basically said that at three in the morning … we got the number off the surgeon because he called to say you might not make it. He’s in critical condition.

“Because there was internal bleeding and everything, so (I was) in serious and critical condition.

“Even since then, the last 6-7 weeks have been really tough on both of us … she’s been amazing for me since I first met her but just through this experience … I’ve got insomnia, I feel like, to be honest, I can’t sleep because of stuff like that … I’m having to see a trauma psych to deal with what’s going on.”

Petracca described the entire ordeal as “probably the most traumatic thing I’ve experienced in my life”.

“The trauma of everything … it’s actually not necessarily the incident of it, it’s the aftermath of it,” he said.

“The surgery in general was a really traumatic experience: being awake for it, internal bleeding, wasn’t able to be put to sleep under anaesthetic. I can think of every single thing happening at that time … That was quite tough.”

Petracca said he still had trouble sleeping and while he was adamant he would play again, he still had a long mental and physical recovery.

Trac should sue the bastards.

Genuinely think it was culture, leadership and governance disgrace and I’d be furious as a Melbourne fan. These issues likely existed before the flag but were allowed to go into overdrive unchecked afterwards.
I was saying to the old man just last night that I reckon Melbourne will be the one club that will be left holding the can at the bottom of the ladder when Tassie's concessions kick in.

Melbourne could change that with the right list management over the next 2 years, but I suspect they won't and I'll have very little sympathy for them if it pans out the way I expect.

If you are told you are/were near death it can certainly drastically change you life outlook and goals.

I would default to the position that Petracca is genuine in his reasons for wanting out of the Dees ie. mismanagement of his injury/club culture.

Saw a dees fan complaining that petracca’s partner was ‘too upset’ about the injury and ‘kept bringing it up’ lmao.

Footy club loyalty is so funny sometimes.

Josh Schache has been delisted by Melbourne. I can't help but wonder how things might have turned out for Josh if he had his time again under Fages...maybe no different but he did offer a lot of promise in his very early days with us.

Josh Schache has been delisted by Melbourne. I can't help but wonder how things might have turned out for Josh if he had his time again under Fages...maybe no different but he did offer a lot of promise in his very early days with us.
He looked awesome in his first year. Totally bizarre how he fell away and looked a shell of himself by his second year.

I remember he took like 4 or 5 contested marks in one game during his first year and thinking he's going to be a great key forward.

Never will but it'd be fascinating to hear leppa/fagans perspective on what the hell happened between his first and second year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back