Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Petracca's not stupid. He knows he's got 5 years left on his deal and that he committed to it and I believe he was fully committed to the club.

But what happened this year cut him to the core ,he believed he nearly died and he just wants out.

So it's out there if anyone wants to put up whatever it takes . I doubt it's got anything to do with money for present or future contracts from his standpoint.

How many players would even think about being traded to Melbourne knowing that something like what happened to Christian could happen to them? And how many more will want out? If I'm a parent of a player I'm highly encouraging them to GTFO. Melbourne have screwed themselves royally for what? Nothing.

How many players would even think about being traded to Melbourne knowing that something like what happened to Christian could happen to them? And how many more will want out? If I'm a parent of a player I'm highly encouraging them to GTFO. Melbourne have screwed themselves royally for what? Nothing.
It's literally cost them Houston who was keen on them until this mess started coming to the surface.

No doubt they wished they had their time again to keep Harmes, Jordan and one other whilst not star players, were good foot soldiers yet kept on all the idiots like May, Petty, Oliver. Kosi Pickett will be out the door end of next year to when his contract expires.

I suspect Max Gawn is over it too but happy to play two more years on massive dollars and get out of the place, but that place is sinking despite all the faux positivity that Goodwin, Richardson and Pert spew forth. Looks like they are tipping out Mark Williams (asst coach) to.

The MFC just has a massive stench about it and I suspect there ex-President is now being proven right about all the issues at the club.

It's literally cost them Houston who was keen on them until this mess started coming to the surface.

No doubt they wished they had their time again to keep Harmes, Jordan and one other whilst not star players, were good foot soldiers yet kept on all the idiots like May, Petty, Oliver. Kosi Pickett will be out the door end of next year to when his contract expires.

I suspect Max Gawn is over it too but happy to play two more years on massive dollars and get out of the place, but that place is sinking despite all the faux positivity that Goodwin, Richardson and Pert spew forth. Looks like they are tipping out Mark Williams (asst coach) to.

The MFC just has a massive stench about it and I suspect there ex-President is now being proven right about all the issues at the club.
Those two at least are good enough that you try to persist with them.
Wouldn't be a bad assistant to try and grab though.

Josh Schache has been delisted by Melbourne. I can't help but wonder how things might have turned out for Josh if he had his time again under Fages...maybe no different but he did offer a lot of promise in his very early days with us.

We wouldn't have drafted him according to Noble at one of the draft nights, so sort of academic.

Would these contracts would have a stipulation for the players, like bringing the club into disrepute, committing certain crimes etc that the club could then use to make the contract void and get rid of the player in extreme circumstances. IE a player rapes someone, I would imagine that player does not have any right to be paid out his/her contract with years remaining on it. Obviously, that would an extreme example but I would have to imagine there is some circumstances that could make an AFL contract void. The club would need some kind of protection from its players in that regard.

I assume that it goes the other way around as well. The players would need some kind of protection from the club in some examples. Could gross negligence that caused a life threatening situation be enough to make a contract void?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is some blame on petracca as well. He signed a long term deal when it looked like the demons would be highly successful for the next 5 or so years. For a variety of reasons this has backfired and they’re now at the point where the list is about exhausted and a rebuild is 1-2 years away. So I think part of it is also him using the circumstances to try and get out.

There is some blame on petracca as well. He signed a long term deal when it looked like the demons would be highly successful for the next 5 or so years. For a variety of reasons this has backfired and they’re now at the point where the list is about exhausted and a rebuild is 1-2 years away. So I think part of it is also him using the circumstances to try and get out.

I agree.
If it was just the push factor of Melbourne being a basket case, then why insist on only going to Carlton?
I think McClure’s “Brand Petracca” stuff may be close to the money.
I find it nauseating but then footy is a business nowadays.

The problem for him is that clubs will struggle to pay his contract and his trade price.

Have to laugh at the AFL's positioning of Noble's trade request. Someone requests a trade back to Victoria for family seasons, all above board. Request a trade away from Victoria and...

"COLLINGWOOD'S John Noble has requested a trade to Gold Coast for family reasons.

Noble, who is originally from South Australia, informed the club on Tuesday that he wishes to move to Queensland to be closer to family."

And? Doesn't affect where his family is now.

I agree.
If it was just the push factor of Melbourne being a basket case, then why insist on only going to Carlton?
I think McClure’s “Brand Petracca” stuff may be close to the money.
I find it nauseating but then footy is a business nowadays.
So do I - I'm not buying that it isn't.

They keep banging on about his cooking; like what I used to say when a family member was enamoured with MasterChef. The contestants all could have got into cooking by getting apprenticships but don't want that because its too hard and is essentially a lifestyle of working when most are out enjoying themselsves, they are only intrested in becoming a TV cook and talking like they are an expert.

Perhaps Christian should trade in his footy career and go get a cooking apprenticeship. Seriously why anyone would watch or follow his crap is beyond me.

So do I - I'm not buying that it isn't.

They keep banging on about his cooking; like what I used to say when a family member was enamoured with MasterChef. The contestants all could have got into cooking by getting apprenticships but don't want that because its too hard and is essentially a lifestyle of working when most are out enjoying themselsves, they are only intrested in becoming a TV cook and talking like they are an expert.

Perhaps Christian should trade in his footy career and go get a cooking apprenticeship. Seriously why anyone would watch or follow his crap is beyond me.

But have you tried his tandoori chicken?

Remove this Banner Ad

Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back