Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Laughed tonight watching AFL Tonight and they said he isn't asking a high amount of money for what you'd expect. I immediately thought, so what land deal, extra dollars in Cotton On sponsorship, other dodgy third party deal that is clearly notorious with Geelong is the VFL happy for them to get away with.

On a seperate note, I did see a graphic on Footy Furnace last night that in the past 20 years, both Sydney and Geelong have qualified for 17 finals campaigns out of 20 and then it was broken down further into flags, top 4, top 8, but still, they're both remarkable stats for both clubs.....hmm wonder why for the Cats
Clearly targeting his long term endorsements from playing for a big successful club over his short term wage earnings. Probably a smart risk to take for someone with his off field profile

Hawks playing good footy.
I still thing Port will be hard to beat next week. In the minority on this one.
They bounced back after we thrashed them and can see a big improvement coming.
Beat the Hawks earlier in the year so they know they have a big chance.
Hawks go in favorites though.
We lead by 41 then Butters went berserk in the last. Gave up 2 goals in the last 15 seconds. Learnings! Were without Sicily and Scrimshaw and Houston scored 3 goals from HB. Missing Frosty but Butters won't be 100%. Living in hope.

Something rotten at the Dogs. Same issue/s that Dunkley had?
Macrae is a big-name midfielder who's currently starting as a sub. Clearly out of favour with Bevo given how he's been used through the year. I think that'd be the major motivator.

Macrae is a big-name midfielder who's currently starting as a sub. Clearly out of favour with Bevo given how he's been used through the year. I think that'd be the major motivator.
Probably a little similar to Jarryd Lyons.
A bit too slow for the modern game but probably a bit too good for VFL.

Macrae has the attributes to be a decent wing prospect IMO. A bit of a seagull that loves cheap possies though. Not sure we are looking for a veteran winger though with our list.
Not if you want a winger that can run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We lead by 41 then Butters went berserk in the last. Gave up 2 goals in the last 15 seconds. Learnings! Were without Sicily and Scrimshaw and Houston scored 3 goals from HB. Missing Frosty but Butters won't be 100%. Living in hope.
Frost is not a big loss.

Sicily's the guy. He stays on the park, Hawthorn wins the flag. It's that simple.

The team that trades for Macrae will probably be the ones that pay for Geelong getting Smith for unders.

Three years to run on a contract. No one is picking you up for a bargain.
Macrae clearly has a suitor and wouldn’t have asked for a trade if no one was taking him. I reckon he’ll join either St Kilda or Essendon or even Richmond at a stretch to help out with their youth after half their team leaving..

Probably a little similar to Jarryd Lyons.
A bit too slow for the modern game but probably a bit too good for VFL.
Wanted to (and will) post the same.

Macrae is 95% percent cooked, just like Lyons is.

The team that trades for Macrae will probably be the ones that pay for Geelong getting Smith for unders.

Three years to run on a contract. No one is picking you up for a bargain.
Nah, Bulldogs looking for a salary dump. Don't want to be paying someone $800k per year, for the next 3 years to run around in the VFL. Pick in the 40's should get it done.

Expect Daniels to be looking around as well for another team.

Not if you want a winger that can run.
There was a bit of chatter on the game last Friday about his running capacity, so was mostly going off that. Thought could be an Isaac Smith style pickup, but if he can't run anymore then yeah he's cooked.

Was always a bit overrated imo cause he racked up good supercoach scores.

Wanted to (and will) post the same.

Macrae is 95% percent cooked, just like Lyons is.

Nah, Bulldogs looking for a salary dump. Don't want to be paying someone $800k per year, for the next 3 years to run around in the VFL. Pick in the 40's should get it done.

Expect Daniels to be looking around as well for another team.

They might need to throw in a pick to fully dump his salary

Melbourne teams made up half of the final 8.
They really aren't happy until they get more home ground advantages in September.
It will be the interstate teams fault, when they may not break the season attendance record in 2024.

1726056920674.png

Looks like Hawthorn as the VFL media’s shiny new toy that they just can’t stop lavishing praise on has replaced Collingwood and Carlton as the destination that all interstate team players should naturally choose to go because it’s not like we’re aren’t sick of seeing Hawthorn succeed

I mean why shouldn’t North or the Saints or Essendon go after him; why Hawthorn?

Looks like Hawthorn as the VFL media’s shiny new toy that they just can’t stop lavishing praise on has replaced Collingwood and Carlton as the destination that all interstate team players should naturally choose to go because it’s not like we’re aren’t sick of seeing Hawthorn succeed

I mean why shouldn’t North or the Saints or Essendon go after him; why Hawthorn?

They are saying that the Hawks "should go after Zac Butters" in a physical sense during the game not as a recruit Mc.

Similar to how we went after Nick Riewoldt all those years ago.

I hope port win just to stick it to those hawk flogs
Although I agree and admire the sentiment I can't quite bring myself to support Port.
Plus a straight sets Port loss would also be intensely amusing ... However tbh I would prefer Lions to have to play Port rather than Hawks if we get to that...

So torn !

Although I agree and admire the sentiment I can't quite bring myself to support Port.
Plus a straight sets Port loss would also be intensely amusing ... However tbh I would prefer Lions to have to play Port rather than Hawks if we get to that...

So torn !

You’re not supporting port you’re supporting Kenny. 5 more years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back