Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

OMG. The 12-gamer turned their $5m down. Unserious football club. Can't even poach 12-gamers I've never heard of with ridiculous offers.

What's happening with everyone leaving GWS?

Crows looking good. If they can draft an A grade midfielder like Draper they'll be well setup to progress up the ladder in the next 2-3 years
I agree. Cumming, Peatling and ANB coming in dramatically lifts the quality of their bottom 6 players(By forcing 3 of the duds out) plus Curtin might make a leap in his second year and they’ll get a quality young mid with pick 4. Rankine & Dawson are stars. Chance to sneak into 8th spot.

Live image of Clayton Oliver heading in to destroy Geelong from the inside.

1727959147826.png

I agree. Cumming, Peatling and ANB coming in dramatically lifts the quality of their bottom 6 players(By forcing 3 of the duds out) plus Curtin might make a leap in his second year and they’ll get a quality young mid with pick 4. Rankine & Dawson are stars. Chance to sneak into 8th spot.
They potentially have all the pieces in the midfield (although still has issues of it being very same slow paced when Rankine isnt there). They really need Thilthorpe to come on this year. They've been so Tex reliant for a long time that they need someone to take over

They potentially have all the pieces in the midfield (although still has issues of it being very same slow paced when Rankine isnt there). They really need Thilthorpe to come on this year. They've been so Tex reliant for a long time that they need someone to take over
I hope Thilthorpe doesn’t come on personally, but hey, that’s just me!

I hope Thilthorpe doesn’t come on personally, but hey, that’s just me!
Ironically he is the sort of player I would love us to steal to replace Joe. So if they crash out for another year and players want to leave them...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK, I am going off one game, but Battle's game against the Lions was horrible. I mean McKay bad. Maybe he will better at a difference team? Another Band 1 compensation rort.
The fact Dan McStay wasn’t band 1 and he’s twice the player of Battle underlies what a rort it is and really should what a club is stupidly paying a player really be taken into consideration?

The fact Dan McStay wasn’t band 1 and he’s twice the player of Battle underlies what a rort it is and really should what a club is stupidly paying a player really be taken into consideration?

McStay's FA deal was signed under the old cap. A bunch of middling players are generating high compo picks because the cap has gone up, but the AFL is comparing that with salaries signed under the old cap.

It was an obvious issue that came out last year but they didn't want to touch it as it let them give norf a de facto priority pick for losing McKay so they are stuck with it now.

Last edited:
Plus I can guess that as the Hawks dropped to the bottom they probably arent paying a lot of their kids much yet. So probably can front load Battle's contract a heap to balance things out.

But I cant help but look at him as basically the same as Froggy as a third tall. It seems so nuts to be spending that much money on that position on your list. Especially when they already Sicily

Plus I can guess that as the Hawks dropped to the bottom they probably arent paying a lot of their kids much yet. So probably can front load Battle's contract a heap to balance things out.

But I cant help but look at him as basically the same as Froggy as a third tall. It seems so nuts to be spending that much money on that position on your list. Especially when they already Sicily
Sicily is worth 2M on this scale.

When did Perryman become a superstar?Always thought of him as a good ordinary footballer?But what would I know.
He had a burst a few years ago where he looked it but it's more likely another Zac Williams contract where the signing club think they're smarter but rather than get someone on the cheap instead pay them at the top of the market for something they're not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back