Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a great look in hindsight pun intended.
I am not sure clubs do a police criminal check on people when players okay a friend/family person to come into the dressing room.

It is quite possible Hind did not know Yucel had been convicted of manslaughter. Maybe he did but that's yet to come out.
It is usually not something you ask someone you met at a coffee shop only a few months ago.
BT certainly did not know the guys past, and he knows everyone;)
I found the way he said twice 'he looks after me' a little disturbing.

Footy clubs attract all types. We won't start on Carlton.

Not a great look in hindsight pun intended.
I am not sure clubs do a police criminal check on people when players okay a friend/family person to come into the dressing room.

It is quite possible Hind did not know Yucel had been convicted of manslaughter. Maybe he did but that's yet to come out.
It is usually not something you ask someone you met at a coffee shop only a few months ago.
BT certainly did not know the guys past, and he knows everyone;)
Not sure I’m buying that someone you’ve known for “months” and someone you’re close enough to that you invite them to your workplace albeit the change rooms after a game and you also say to BT “he looks after Jakey and I” that you don’t know he’s a killed a person. I mean a lot can be implied from that quote alone so I’m not for a second you don’t know the bloke isn’t as dodgy as they get.

Not sure I’m buying that someone you’ve known for “months” and someone you’re close enough to that you invite them to your workplace albeit the change rooms after a game and you also say to BT “he looks after Jakey and I” that you don’t know he’s a killed a person. I mean a lot can be implied from that quote alone so I’m not for a second you don’t know the bloke isn’t as dodgy as they get.
So, the next person that says "he looks after ?? and i" is naturally a killer. A big stretch that is.
Why would a normal person ask someone if he has been convicted of manslaughter.
Even start a conversation that goes down that path.
It is not like a convicted criminal is going to offer up that information.
A few months is not all that long.
I would say the connection was kickboxing and maybe some training in that area of fitness.
But that is a big guess on my part

On the other hand, it could be a meeting of drug addicts and killers at one particular coffee shop.
Maybe they are all part of the tobacco shop wars going on in Melbourne. Thats a big stretch too.

Does that include the posters on a internet football forum? 😎
I don't know who the hell most of you people are, you could all be living in your mothers basement for all I know or you could be Russian bots.

I have met 2 people from big footy in real life so I do know there at least 3 reasonably intelligent real humans(I'm including myself in that description:think:) on here.

Hi briztoon and luthor .

I don't know who the hell most of you people are, you could all be living in your mothers basement for all I know or you could be Russian bots.

I have met 2 people from big footy in real life so I do know there at least 3 reasonably intelligent real humans(I'm including myself in that description:think:) on here.

Hi briztoon and luthor .
To be frank, I'm pretty sure briztoon has killed a man. I can't think of any other reason to be so draft focused other than PTSD.

Went over to Demons board Draft/Trade thread -

Woweee, brought back all these blocked out nightmares of Brizzy Fev, go home 5, Rockliff/Hanley locker room stories, Vossy sacking, Leppitsch jumper pulling Zac O'Brien etc etc etc. How far we've come.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chat over on the Bolton trade thread has Fremantle potentially giving up 10/11 and 18 for Bolton/Baker. Bolton I can understand but Baker? One post has Fremantle saying he is worth pick 10! Surely Baker is a pick in the 20's at best.

Chat over on the Bolton trade thread has Fremantle potentially giving up 10/11 and 18 for Bolton/Baker. Bolton I can understand but Baker? One post has Fremantle saying he is worth pick 10! Surely Baker is a pick in the 20's at best.
Maybe they think they're getting Leon Baker.

Pretty much what I've said, but Richmond are asking for a mid first round pick.

And they're asking for pick 6 plus an early second round pick for Rioli.

West Coast are baulking at the Baker trade, because Hawks were only offering pick 14 and a future third for Barrass, and Richmond then wanted pick 14 for Baker.

West Coast are up Schits Creek, because they have almost no way of generating extra early draft picks, apart from trading out Barrass.

McGovern and Yeo are 1 to 3 years off retirement, Sheed is cooked, Ryan has bad hamstrings in both legs and is in danger of losing the flyin moniker. Kelly is a cream on top player and only looks good when he's got two or three other inside mids to do the heavy lifting for him and feed the ball out.

So West Coast still face the prospect of getting worse than they are now, and losing senior bodies to protect their kids.

Won't be surprised if West Coast ask for a priority pick or assistance package next year (there's a bumper WA draft crop next year, though Fremantle look to have the best of the WA nga kids).

Pretty much what I've said, but Richmond are asking for a mid first round pick.

West Coast are baulking at the Baker trade, because Hawks were only offering pick 14 and a future third for Barrass, and Richmond then wanted pick 14 for Baker.

West Coast are up Schits Creek, because they have almost no way of generating extra early draft picks, apart from trading out Barrass.

McGovern and Yeo are 1 to 3 years off retirement, Sheed is cooked, Ryan has bad hamstrings in both legs and is in danger of losing the flyin moniker. Kelly is a cream on top player and only looks good when he's got two or three other inside mids to do the heavy lifting for him and feed the ball out.

So West Coast still face the prospect of getting worse than they are now, and losing senior bodies to protect their kids.

Won't be surprised if West Coast ask for a priority pick or assistance package next year (there's a bumper WA draft crop next year, though Fremantle look to have the best of the WA nga kids).
West Coast are in the unenviable position that they do have by far the best KPD in the game…. so one notable pundit would have you believe.

The pick 6 + for Rioli looks like going through as well. The Suns are saps come trade week.

As for the Eagles I'd be fine with them receiving a priority pick or some sort of assistance.

The pick 6 + for Rioli looks like going through as well. The Suns are saps come trade week.

As for the Eagles I'd be fine with them receiving a priority pick or some sort of assistance.

No priority pick for the richest club in the comp imo. They are to blame for trading down in 2022 and missing out on sheezel or wardlaw to take Ginbey and Hewitt.

In my head Bolton is easily worth 10 and 11 (maybe with a future 2 back) so baker for pick 18 that will probably turn into pick 21 after academy and F/S bids are matched isn’t outrageous?

Bolton being severely underrated because his stats this year weren’t great in a terrible team. Easily the best player on the market this trade period I think.

Last edited:
In my head Bolton is easily worth 10 and 11 (maybe with a future 2 back) so baker for pick 18 that will probably turn into pick 21 after academy and F/S bids are matched isn’t outrageous?

Bolton being severely underrated because his stats this year weren’t great in a terrible team. Easily the best player on the market this trade period I think.

Bolton is a AA caliber player in a side that is towards the pointy end of the ladder. He is the last player you want in a bottom end team. He is a cream on top player who front runs grunt work done by other players. He isn't going to generate it for you. I wouldn't be surprised if Botlon was someone Richmond actively don't want there next year, they don't seem to be putting up a huge fight to keep him.

Bolton is a AA caliber player in a side that is towards the pointy end of the ladder. He is the last player you want in a bottom end team. He is a cream on top player who front runs grunt work done by other players. He isn't going to generate it for you. I wouldn't be surprised if Botlon was someone Richmond actively don't want there next year, they don't seem to be putting up a huge fight to keep him.

All accurate. It is very funny that Freo posters I've seen seem to not want him though? Some of that lot are addicted to hoarding draft picks.

Like yes Bolton is a downhill skier, in the absolute best way possible. He had over 80 shots on goal in 2022!

If he's splitting 50-50 mid forward for that freo side they could get away with the terrorist defensive possession football that Longmuir wants to play. Think Ross the Boss St Kilda 09-10 stuff, real scary. Hope it falls over tbh.

All accurate. It is very funny that Freo posters I've seen seem to not want him though? Some of that lot are addicted to hoarding draft picks.

Like yes Bolton is a downhill skier, in the absolute best way possible. He had over 80 shots on goal in 2022!

If he's splitting 50-50 mid forward for that freo side they could get away with the terrorist defensive possession football that Longmuir wants to play. Think Ross the Boss St Kilda 09-10 stuff, real scary. Hope it falls over tbh.

IMO if Freo get their deals done then they're my pick to get beaten by us by 10 goals in next year's granny.

Spot on, hoarding draft picks is not going to get you a flag eg. Charlie Cameron, Joe Daniher, Lachie Neale, Josh Dunkley and Callum Ah Chee were all an integral part of our Premiership.

What an exceptional job our list management team have done, those 5 players are so bloody good.👏👏

Remove this Banner Ad

Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back