Non-Lions Footy Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
COLLINGWOOD STATEMENT

The Collingwood Football Club was advised on Friday by ASADA that two of its players, Lachlan Keeffe and Josh Thomas, are under investigation.

The pair have returned positive A samples to clenbuterol, a substance prohibited under the WADA anti-doping code.

The players’ B samples are still to be analysed, which is currently scheduled for 14 April 2015. It is noted that until the outcome of the B sample is known, the commencement of the provisional suspension is not an admission of guilt or wrongdoing, but a procedural requirement under the AFL Anti-Doping Code.

Both players have sought independent legal advice through the AFL Players Association.

It is important for Collingwood to communicate to its supporters that the club has conducted a forensic audit of its tightly controlled dietary and nutrition program (which is overseen by its Integrity Officer) and is completely satisfied the positive results are in no way connected to the program.

Collingwood is wholly committed to upholding the WADA anti-doping policy and the cause of eradicating performance enhancing drugs from sport.

The club will continue to offer both players all of its support.

I'd say Collingwood wanted this to come out now so as not to derail the live season. Didn't want to chance rumours swirling or it coming out in a few weeks time. Get ahead of it and distance yourself from the alleged taking of the substances (i.e saying it was outside of the football club) whilst offering the players affected any support necessary.

Collingwood do handle these things as well as can be expected.

Unsure how accurate this information is but...I did a little reading and seems like clenbuterol may take 1-2 weeks to leave a persons system...1 to 1 1/2 months for maximum safety. Seems like its on the lower end in terms of the length of time substances stay in your system...provided what I read is accurate.

If so, would be likely to expect sample B will be negative.

Unsure how accurate this information is but...I did a little reading and seems like clenbuterol may take 1-2 weeks to leave a persons system...1 to 1 1/2 months for maximum safety. Seems like its on the lower end in terms of the length of time substances stay in your system...provided what I read is accurate.

Isn't the B sample collected at the same time?

Aren't sample A and B taken at the same time, but tested separately to avoid contamination via the testing process?

Isn't the B sample collected at the same time?

Aren't sample A and B taken at the same time, but tested separately to avoid contamination via the testing process?

Oh I misread one of the tweets. Makes much more sense that that would be the case :$

Second test would be completely redundant in some cases otherwise.

I was also under the impression the B sample is taken at the same time......but why take so long after testing the A sample, to test the B? Another 2 weeks?

...dear god, I hope Leppa is absolutely pounding the message to our boys about taking drugs of ANY kind......no second chances, OUT!

I was also under the impression the B sample is taken at the same time......but why take so long after testing the A sample, to test the B? Another 2 weeks?

Sample A goes off for testing. Positive result reported back. They don't even start the process for Sample B to be testing until this point. The labs are also testing from god knows how many other athletes - track and field, swimmers, NRL, A-League, netball, etc etc etc. I'd suggest their capacity is probably sufficiently booked up that (including shipping time and actual processing time) that's how long it's going to take.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any excuses used previously elsewhere, seems to be out of the question for these dumbd...s. I don't think these guys have been asleep, I think they've been on another planet these last couple of years! Fair dinkum, how dumb can they be, seriously!

Good old Australia and our better than most health rules:D

Maybe Eddie could get some Clenbuterol off Keefe and Thomas.

Someone had to say it :$

6401703g69.gif

Bit of a shame considering they are local (QLD ) lads with Josh having also played for my old club Redlands.

Days like this make you question just how clean our sports really are..... We all have the lunchbox hero at work telling everyone no one in pro sports is clean, but you like to think that isn't the case.

Bit of a shame considering they are local (QLD ) lads with Josh having also played for my old club Redlands.

Days like this make you question just how clean our sports really are..... We all have the lunchbox hero at work telling everyone no one in pro sports is clean, but you like to think that isn't the case.

You'd have to be really stupid to use clenbuterol without a masking agent, considering it is unpredictable how long it can stick around for in the system and questionable whether it actually works.

I wouldn't say that either of those boys would have the trouble with skinfolds to need to take it so I'm not completely close minded to the idea of contamination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back