Non-Lions Footy Season (2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't think we were allowed to discuss other sports on here, thought it was supposed to be kept to The Den, not that I'm a stickler for the rules and out of control domination from our Mod Overlords.;)

That's preferred but unless it goes completely overboard (or it's in a special thread, like the LI one) we tend to let things slide. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched that game with earplugs in and listening and to music on my eye pad.
so watched without any distractions from the crowd noise or the commentary .
Fierce contest sure , but the drop balls not been paid and the turnovers resulting with pretty much every player having to drop the ball onto the boot with a tonne of pressure on him.
It was a poor show , f...g terrible if you took the fact that the game was close and watched the process of the game.
They need to start with 4 things.
Bring the Interchange back to 24 , 6 per quarter.
make the coaches change these defensive presses and forward presses, you know like the old days , 5 years ago .
3 players must be in each half of the field. Maybe 4 ?
How do you do this ?
3 or 4 players/ positions are nominated, can be rotated amongst the group.
Once 1 and 2 are in forced then the player that attacks the ball will have a chance to show his skills without congestion and this rolling maul .
If he is tackled then pay it , the consistency to pay these will be easier for the umps if you don't have 20 players playing within a 20meter radius.

Shorten the game , when the ball has crossed the boundary , keep the clock on .
No need to stop , WHY? Isn't there a rule already to pay a deliberate out of bounds.
Not that hard is it. ffs.
You would probably cut the game overall time of a game closer to the 20 minute quarters, most likely just adding injury time on and time off from a goal to the next center bounce making it plus 5 minutes per quarter max. and not the
30 plus minute blowout quarters, too long for the players and the fans.
People are not going to games for many reasons , imo these are some of them.
Rant over , at work better get stuck in.

Last edited:
Permanently. Such a highly public "disaster" could be enough to ruin the company completely.

Wouldn't be surprised if appropriating from indigenous cultures is rife throughout executive teambuilding training. And generally unremarked upon due to underrepresentation and anyone feeling bothered by it would likely find themselves severely short of allies.

Great kick from Schache to setup the goal to put them in front

Schache is looking more like 2016 schache every game.

He'll turn things around I think. Good on him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Non-Lions Footy Season (2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back