Non-Lions Footy Season (2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

ADAM Cerra insists he is happy at Fremantle, but the young gun won't look at signing a contract extension before the end of the season. Cerra, the No.5 pick in last year's NAB AFL Draft, has been outstanding for the Dockers in a variety of roles and played every game since making his debut in round two.

Despite having all of next season to run on his initial two-year contract, many Freo fans are getting anxious that the Victorian teen is yet to put pen to paper on a fresh deal. He is the only player from last year's top 13 draft selections yet to re-sign, and that isn't about to change anytime soon.

Said it a few weeks back, but Cerra will be back playing for a Melbourne club in 2020, so this is story is no surprise.

Aish going to re-sign with Pies for two years apparently.
Am I the only one surprised that Collingwood re-signed Aish for a further 2 years?

I could understand a one year extension, but aside from maybe a couple of games, he has been his pretty usual average self for the remainder of the games he played this year (and last year he was just horrible) until he was injured.

Crisp is the one that I think has really turned into a solid player and wish that he was still on our list, as unlikely as he was to stay.

Am I the only one surprised that Collingwood re-signed Aish for a further 2 years?

I could understand a one year extension, but aside from maybe a couple of games, he has been his pretty usual average self for the remainder of the games he played this year (and last year he was just horrible) until he was injured.

Crisp is the one that I think has really turned into a solid player and wish that he was still on our list, as unlikely as he was to stay.
I heard an interview with Jack Crisp yesterday and the move away from us was spoken about briefly. He was 100% prepared to stay with us, it was the club that threw his name into the mix to get the Beams trade over the line.

He was saying that he played the last 6 games of his last season with us and has not missed a game since going to the Pies.

I heard an interview with Jack Crisp yesterday and the move away from us was spoken about briefly. He was 100% prepared to stay with us, it was the club that threw his name into the mix to get the Beams trade over the line.

He was saying that he played the last 6 games of his last season with us and has not missed a game since going to the Pies.
Something something he was a bit stiff hey

Sad news for Michael Close.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-06-21/exlion-suffers-significant-brain-bleed-in-vfl

The ex-Brisbane forward, who played 27 games for the Lions, suffered "a significant bleed" on his brain after suffering a heavy hit against Geelong in the VFL two Saturdays ago.

The Kangaroos' medical team cleared Close to go home that afternoon, but he spent that night and the next morning vomiting before contacting the club doctor, who ordered him an ambulance.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-06-21/exlion-suffers-significant-brain-bleed-in-vfl

The ex-Brisbane forward, who played 27 games for the Lions, suffered "a significant bleed" on his brain after suffering a heavy hit against Geelong in the VFL two Saturdays ago.

The Kangaroos' medical team cleared Close to go home that afternoon, but he spent that night and the next morning vomiting before contacting the club doctor, who ordered him an ambulance.
Poor bugger - wishing him a speedy recovery.

I listened to the Justin Clark interview yesterday and it was sobering. Michaels injury sounds much worse as Justin had no structural damage at all - no bleeding. Hope he has a back up plan that excites him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder how big a reason all these headknocks are behind the AFL looking at implementing rules to open the game up.

I think all 3 of the Bombers imports are going to end up being great trades for them.
Jake Stringer just has to get his mind right and he could be one of the most dangerous forwards in the competition, he's still only 24.

I’ve been really impressed with Devon Smith’s season to date; great get for the Bombers and without giving up a great deal like a lot of the club’s that benefited from the GH5.

I think all 3 of the Bombers imports are going to end up being great trades for them.
Jake Stringer just has to get his mind right and he could be one of the most dangerous forwards in the competition, he's still only 24.
Smith better than I thought....Green once again injury prone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Non-Lions Footy Season (2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back