West Coast $31.00
St Kilda $34.00
Fremantle $41.00
Carlton $51.00
North Melbourne $81.00
Brisbane $81.00
Gold Coast $81.00

Worth putting money on....

Port Adelaide are the worst team to sit at $10. I honestly don’t think any of their off season moves help their side

I do....With Ryder in the ruck the averages of..Rockcliff 20+ disposals per game , The speed Machine Barry 20 + (at SANFL level last season) and Motlop 19+.. add nicely to their midfield and the added benefit they all have good records playing up forward.....

Under Hinkley, we'll see the best of Watts as a utility..definite upgrade on Jackson Trengrove...(At Melbourne he showed he can play forward or back..) Can see him combining with Westhoff as the links either end of the ground..Also has the benefit to be used as the back up ruck to Ryder when resting.. He fixes the missing tall on their forward line and working in tandem with Dixon...Cant double team them both.. so their forward line just got real potent it's going to trouble a lot of sides

ATM hard to gauge if L Thomas and Jack Trengrove will help their side..

Last edited:
How do people rate Melbourne? I think Lever is a massive in and have them 2nd but have 1 query and its the mental side of things.

Melbourne dropped 5 games last season they should have won Northx2 hawks Freo and Pies in the last round> I let them off the Richmond one cause although they had them on toast it was injuries which cost them. Also against us despite us being Lions fans when your 5 goals up early in the last term at home against the bottom team and % is important you probably shouldn't let the other side back in the game.

On the flipside they beat 4 teams above them including Eagles Crows and Dons away.

Think Melbourne can be right up their if they can get it right mentally.

Port are a better squad than last year. Rockliff is a good in for any side.

They did have a golden run last year and still weren’t able to beat the good sides. If they only get fair luck with injuries and the draw, the question will be whether they can bridge the gap.

Going to be an interesting battle for the spoon this year:
- Lions lost Rockliff, gained a small forward and a half-back coach. I'd say the impact of Rockliff leaving is partly mitigated by Hodge/Cameron, so just a matter of how much our juniors have grown. I do think we'll be in the hunt for the spoon though sadly.
- North already sucked and lost several senior players
- Carlton are mid-rebuild, traded out Gibbs and lost Docherty to a knee (why do bad things happen to shameless mummy's boys)
- Gold Coast lost Ablett, picked up Neale, and are surrounded by question marks. I wouldn't be surprised if they won the spoon or make the 8.

- Lions lost Rockliff, gained a small forward and a half-back coach. I'd say the impact of Rockliff leaving is partly mitigated by Hodge/Cameron, so just a matter of how much our juniors have grown. I do think we'll be in the hunt for the spoon though sadly.
- Carlton are mid-rebuild, traded out Gibbs and lost Docherty to a knee (why do bad things happen to shameless mummy's boys)
- Gold Coast lost Ablett, picked up Neale, and are surrounded by question marks. I wouldn't be surprised if they won the spoon or make the 8.

I'd chuck Fremantle in as well. 8 wins flattered them in 2017, and they have problems in pretty much every part of the ground.

But yeah we're very much in that mix too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given the age bracket for the majority of our players I think we should be clear of the spoon next year (though still in that 14-16 range). I think GC for the spoon (due to their lack of talent and a new coach) and North for 17th (given their terrible list).

I have us 13-15th. Def ahead of North Suns and Carlton. Possibly ahead of Freo and the Pies
We're not ahead Carlton. My personal view is that Carlton are one year ahead of us in our respective rebuilds, thanks in large part to their trading with GWS.

Based on 2017 contributions, Gibbs gave more to Carlton than Rocky gave to us.
Docherty has been a top 5 player for his position in the past 2 years. Hardly equal to Schache. On “outs”, we’re in a much better position than Carlton.

In terms of notable “ins”, it is Cameron and Hodge v Lang, Kennedy, Lobbe and Mullett. Carlton picked up 3 best 22 players to our 2. Cameron is probably the pick of the bunch though.

Both sides have best 22 players returning from long term absences. I don’t know there’s a particular advantage either way there. And the draft hauls are not really a factor just yet.

The age profile of Carlton’s best 22 is probably in their favour but 2017 results did not bear that out. The two sides were only separated by a win and a few percentage points last year. And we’ve won the last two contests, I think. Carlton may end up being ahead of us because players and teams develop at different speeds and in different ways. But the evidence suggests the gap between our two clubs is currently not all that significant.

Based on 2017 contributions, Gibbs gave more to Carlton than Rocky gave to us.
Docherty has been a top 5 player for his position in the past 2 years. Hardly equal to Schache. On “outs”, we’re in a much better position than Carlton.

In terms of notable “ins”, it is Cameron and Hodge v Lang, Kennedy, Lobbe and Mullett. Carlton picked up 3 best 22 players to our 2. Cameron is probably the pick of the bunch though.

Both sides have best 22 players returning from long term absences. I don’t know there’s a particular advantage either way there. And the draft hauls are not really a factor just yet.

The age profile of Carlton’s best 22 is probably in their favour but 2017 results did not bear that out. The two sides were only separated by a win and a few percentage points last year. And we’ve won the last two contests, I think. Carlton may end up being ahead of us because players and teams develop at different speeds and in different ways. But the evidence suggests the gap between our two clubs is currently not all that significant.
We have won I think 5 of the last 6 against Carlton. Despite how bad we have been they are our bunnies

We're not ahead Carlton. My personal view is that Carlton are one year ahead of us in our respective rebuilds, thanks in large part to their trading with GWS.

Yeah, they've got a huge free kick out of that relationship. Getting so many talented players after they've already spent a couple of years in the system would surely push them further along. We might be chasing their tails for a few years.

Yeah, they've got a huge free kick out of that relationship. Getting so many talented players after they've already spent a couple of years in the system would surely push them further along. We might be chasing their tails for a few years.
People can say their further ahead in development but if we always beat them..............

Remove this Banner Ad

Non-Lions Footy Season (2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back