Resource Noober's Player Videos for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

This week Allan added a few moments of sublime skill to his typical physical and scrappy play round the footy. He's a raw talent, not the finished product at this stage as an onballer, but he creates chaos at stoppage with his size and competitive intensity leading to a high volume of pressure acts. He underlined his potential by kicking two goals in quick succession early in the third quarter, first swooping on a loose ball and snapping truly, and then finishing off a chain of linking, running play for WA with a long straight bomb from outside 50.

I've had a few requests from the WA v Metro game so just FYI, the game footage is pretty annoying to work with hence the videos are emerging more slowly this week. Its super zoomed out and low res making it tough to catch everything, and some passages of play its almost impossible to make out which player is which.

A standout performance by Reid and one of the best individual performances so far in this Champs series. He was especially important during a pivotal 3rd quarter stretch which Metro took control of the contest. Murphy was poised and creative with ball in hand, damaging the opposition with involvements in scoring chains as well as kicking goals himself.

The best performance of the Champs series so far for Moraes who's been solid and consistent without really tearing a game apart. Its probably not surprising that this was also the game in which he had his highest number of midfield rotations and was able to use his running power to burn off his opponents on the spread. He was especially effective in the second half as Metro got well on top in general play, featuring in many of their most productive passages of play and kicking a couple of goals.

An average game for Jagga is a very good game for most other players. He started and finished strong here, but had a quieter period through the second quarter and early in the third. He was still excellent at stoppage, with his innate ability to read the tap and slippery movement to find space for a clean disposal, and he was an important part of Metro's push in the 4th quarter to kill the game off with a scoring surge.

Smillie is yet to really tear a game apart at this years Champs, but continues to put in solid performances and play his role for a Metro team that's in fine form overall. In this game he showcased his excellent foot skills with spearing delivery to teammates, often cleverly kicking to their advantage side. Smillie is yet to convince everyone that he's worthy of pick 1 favoritism and this performance is unlikely to change anyone's mind in either direction.

Langford continued his strong start to the Champs with a hard working display in tricky conditions. The leading possession winner on the day, his size and physicality was a factor at stoppage and he was even more effective on the spread, finding plenty of space to take marks and advance the ball.

Not quite as polished as previous Champs performances for Bo Allan, but he cracked in as hard as ever and the heavy ground probably suited his game. He doesn't always win the footy at stoppage but his physicality is influential, applying defensive pressure or clearing space for his teammates to operate. When he gets the opportunity to put the peddle down in space few can stay with him, making him an exciting prospect at his size.

Not Sid's highest possession game, but he was as explosive and exciting as we've seen him since his return from injury. There were a few passages of play here that not many in this draft class would be capable of, showcasing his balance, acceleration, agility and change of direction. His application to the defensive side of the game was much improved as well this week, with pressure acts and interceptions a feature.

The numbers don't jump off the page, but for me this was Trainor's best Champs performance to date. He was matched up on the dangerous Tyler Welsh, and kept him quiet for the first three quarters before conceding a couple of aerial contests late. We saw the kind of defender that he's likely to become at AFL level, someone that's capable of taking on those tricky forwards that push up high up the ground and into the midfield forcing matchup chaos like Jeremy Cameron and Jake Stringer. Trainor has the running power and ground level ability to thrive higher up the ground while still being strong enough in the air to deal with deeper contests and 1v1s.

The best small forward performance we've seen at the Champs so far. Kako seemed to be in every productive sequence in the front half for Metro, regularly providing the pivotal touch of class or burst of speed needed. He underlined his potential by snapping two excellent opportunist goals.

Another excellent performance and one of Metro's best on the day. This was a typical Levi game, as he outworked his opponents and ran himself into the ground to make contest after contest, finding a stack of footy in the process. His disposal was neat and creative as always, and when he was presented with an opportunity to hit the scoreboard late he made no mistake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey legend, love the vids! Can you please do a couple SA boys from the weekends’ game, Kade Herbert and Benny Barrett.
Herbert is more likely as I've wanted to do something for him but was waiting for a stronger performance which he did produce on the weekend. Benny started on fire but faded out I thought. I'd like to do a Benny game, but I've got a ton to get through this week so he might have to wait.

Hynes produced an excellent performance in Vic Country's second Champs outing. Playing in his typical medium forward role with occasional stints through the middle, he presented as a marking target all around the ground and drew the footy like a magnet. He was effective at stoppage with his size and strength and capped off his day by snapping a couple of nice goals, the last at a critical moment in the fourth quarter.

After a slightly disappointing Champs up to now, Kade was able to show what he's all about with a solid performance in SA's final game. He works hard defensively, applying strong tackling pressure. He's strong overhead and on the ground, and capable lacing out targets by foot.

spec tator

I enjoy seeing what the Essays have mate.
I'll be honest, I've been disappointed with them which might be why I haven't done as many SA vids as I should have.

I tipped them to be better than they've shown, and a few of their kids like Herbert I was expecting to see more from. I reckon when they look back on their Champs run they'll feel like they could have performed better. Especially poor against opponents transition ball movement. Metro on the weekend regularly went from D50 to a shot on goal with almost no pressure on them, like playing against witches hats, especially in the second half. WA the prior game was the same story.

Perhaps a coaching issue?

I'll be honest, I've been disappointed with them which might be why I haven't done as many SA vids as I should have.

I tipped them to be better than they've shown, and a few of their kids like Herbert I was expecting to see more from. I reckon when they look back on their Champs run they'll feel like they could have performed better. Especially poor against opponents transition ball movement. Metro on the weekend regularly went from D50 to a shot on goal with almost no pressure on them, like playing against witches hats, especially in the second half. WA the prior game was the same story.

Perhaps a coaching issue?
Well, none of us really knew. It's what makes this interesting. The mystery....who will stand up.....who might emerge out of nowhere.

Actually, there probably isn't a right or wrong....just an outcome.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back