Resource Noober's Player Videos for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Elwood Peckett, James Barrat and Alix Tauru are two I wouldn’t mind seeing from the weekend
I've promised a few people I'll finally do Tauru this week, and Barrat is one I should also do at some point.

After a relatively quiet game last week by his standards, Levi was back to his best in the opening round of the Talent League finals to help his Dragons team to a big win. He was particularly strong at stoppage, reacting quicker than everyone else and using his strength to brush off tacklers. The strong wind turned the game into a scrap, but Levi managed to hit targets consistently by foot where others struggled.

After a relatively quiet game last week by his standards, Levi was back to his best in the opening round of the Talent League finals to help his Dragons team to a big win. He was particularly strong at stoppage, reacting quicker than everyone else and using his strength to brush off tacklers. The strong wind turned the game into a scrap, but Levi managed to hit targets consistently by foot where others struggled.

Donald Trump GIF by CBS News

😝

Will probably be North. We want to trade all our crap for their 1st rounder.
Would make sense if North or West Coast bid on Levi. I get not bidding at 1, you're bringing in a new face of the club so him being pick 1 is great for marketing purposes and bringing fans through the gates if nothing else.

The flying viking showed why he's become a hot name in this years draft pool with a key contribution in helping his Gippsland team get up in difficult conditions. He may be a little undersized for a key position player at 191cm, but his full body and soul commitment to everything that he does on the footy field, combined with some elite athletic traits, has people excited about what he might be capable of in the future. He demonstrated his versatility by playing in both attack and defense in this game, switching his role each quarter to stay up the end where the gale force wind was blowing.

For the first three quarters of this game Gerreyn seemed to be waging a one man war against the entire Subiaco team. He dominated the ruck with deft tap work, he followed up at ground level with clean and skillful work by hand and foot, he kicked goals, and most impressively took a variety of strong marks around the ground. Just prior to the 3/4 time siren he copped a heavy knock, lay prone for a while and then had to come off bleeding and visibly groggy. It was extremely surprising to see him back out there in the final term, and he looked a shadow of his former self.

For the first three quarters of this game Gerreyn seemed to be waging a one man war against the entire Subiaco team. He dominated the ruck with deft tap work, he followed up at ground level with clean and skillful work by hand and foot, he kicked goals, and most impressively took a variety of strong marks around the ground. Just prior to the 3/4 time siren he copped a heavy knock, lay prone for a while and then had to come off bleeding and visibly groggy. It was extremely surprising to see him back out there in the final term, and he looked a shadow of his former self.

Nice stuff mate. I was a bit worried when he went down with blood coming from his face.

Nice stuff mate. I was a bit worried when he went down with blood coming from his face.
I feel like he must have been concussed given how he dropped off in the 4th. I have no idea what kind of concussion protocols they have, and just guessing really so no shade, just felt weird to me.

A different type of game this week from Jack who ended up spending a lot more time in the ruck than he typically does. He's an unconventionally effective ruckman at this level, not often able to get hit outs to advantage, but frequently able to use his physicality to push out his opponent and take direct possession of the footy, or follow up post tap with strong ground level efforts. Like most other players last weekend he struggled with his kicking effectiveness in the gale force winds, but showed some excellent judgement of the footy in flight to take a number of high degree of difficulty marks.

A strong game from Barrat who really showed his versatility. He played midfield, attack and defense in the one performance, finding the footy, taking a number of strong marks and hitting the scoreboard. In the first half Barrat was assigned the big task of marking Harvey Langford. Typically a key position player or third tall, he did an excellent job at getting physical with Langford at stoppage and preventing him from getting a run at the footy, greatly diminishing Langford's stoppage impact while still managing to hunt the ball himself. The tag was dropped in the second half with Barrat being played forward in the third quarter when Bendigo had the advantage of the wind, and in defense in the 4th quarter. The one knock on Barrat has been his variable kicking efficiency, and the breezy conditions didn't help him here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has he played seniors or reserves at all?

An excellent game from Sulzberger, a game of big moments and small details. He laid a couple of big tackles that got the crowd roaring, and overall his defensive pressure and hard running was a feature throughout the game. He took a huge contested mark in the forward 50, and managed to find small pockets of space all game to present for his teammates on the spread. He won contested footy in the clinches and uncontested footy outside the contest, and ultimately he finished off both his and his teammates hard work by slotting 3 goals on a day when scoring wasn't always easy.

A strong game from Barrat who really showed his versatility. He played midfield, attack and defense in the one performance, finding the footy, taking a number of strong marks and hitting the scoreboard. In the first half Barrat was assigned the big task of marking Harvey Langford. Typically a key position player or third tall, he did an excellent job at getting physical with Langford at stoppage and preventing him from getting a run at the footy, greatly diminishing Langford's stoppage impact while still managing to hunt the ball himself. The tag was dropped in the second half with Barrat being played forward in the third quarter when Bendigo had the advantage of the wind, and in defense in the 4th quarter. The one knock on Barrat has been his variable kicking efficiency, and the breezy conditions didn't help him here.

Kid is going to be a gun and come a long way since the pre-season.
Also a fantastic leader on the field.
Had a lot of involvement with James at the Pioneers this year and would be thrilled if West Coast took him.

Bit of an obscure one but Harrison Doughton (Dandenong Stingrays #3) impressed me yesterday. Any chance of a video

And if can be bothered, Jordan Doherty (Dandenong Stingrays #22) was another who stepped up yesterday

Assuming the likes will come in hard and fast for Ollie Hannaford after his 6 goal haul for the Rebels yesterday too)

Langford and his Stingrays team were on fire in the opening quarter. Left free to do his thing at stoppage he dominated, generating 4 clearances and getting on the end of other possession chains to drive his team forward as they built a solid lead. He was significantly subdued for the next two quarters as he was assigned a marker at stoppage who fought for front position and to block his run at the footy, and Gippsland lifted overall to fight their way back into the game. Fortunately for Dandenong, Langford was able to again find a way to influence the contest in the final quarter, playing an important role in a tight back and forth tussle that ended with the Stingrays finishing on top.

Bit of an obscure one but Harrison Doughton (Dandenong Stingrays #3) impressed me yesterday. Any chance of a video

And if can be bothered, Jordan Doherty (Dandenong Stingrays #22) was another who stepped up yesterday

Assuming the likes will come in hard and fast for Ollie Hannaford after his 6 goal haul for the Rebels yesterday too)
Its a busy time for me away from channel content so I can't make any promises, although Hannaford for sure will be one that gets a look.

Struggled a little more than we're used to seeing in the opening term when played in a defense under heavy siege from a rampant Stingrays. Moved forward for the final three quarters he was a dangerous target as the Power got back into the contest, throwing himself bravely at everything in the air, applying excellent defensive pressure with hard tackles and bumps, and hitting the scoreboard for a couple of goals. Gippsland's wayward goal kicking cost them dearly in this game and unfortunately Tauru contributed to that.

Levi was everywhere in this game. He did the little crafty things around stoppage to link play into space, found the footy on the outside to spot up targets with excellent disposal in windy conditions, and got forward to hit the scoreboard with a couple of goals. He was different class, and appears ready to drive his Dragons team to a third straight Talent League crown. Can anybody stop them?

Finn just can't quite get it going this year and remains a shadow of the player we saw tearing up the Talent League at times last season. We get glimpses of his immense talent, but he flits in and out of games, threatening to take over but never quite managing to do it. Fortunately for him and for us his Chargers team has improved dramatically in the back half of the year got up here in a tight game to progress to the next round of the finals so he'll get another chance to show what he can do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource Noober's Player Videos for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back