North Bashing SEN Guess who

Remove this Banner Ad

Guys, none of this sounds great, I totally agree and will boycott this station for sure when I move back to Victoria eventually (probably next year). However, I might suggest that perhaps this does not hurt us as much as you might think. Several reasons:

1. These sorts of shows are usually listened to by footy diehards (witness everyone here on BigFooty for instance ;))
2. If there are people listening who are NOT footy diehards, odds are they will still have settled on a club to support and are unlikely to switch. They either support us already, and this sort of thing is unlikely to change their minds or they don't support us and the same rule applies.
3. On the off chance that someone curious about footy but NOT aligned to a club is listening, that's the person we might lose. How many listeners do you guys think would actually fit into this category?

I guess the damage being done is to our brand. Who cares about that, other than us? I'd say, without taking the cynical view, that the AFL actually does care, or else why did they put millions into our new facilities? Seriously, would they do this if they wanted us to go away?

Also, the other Victorian clubs would care, and would feel somewhat of a kinship with us. I'd wager the hierarchies of most Vic clubs would want to have us around.

Once again, would any of these folks who are the powerbrokers and decisionmakers of footy actually listen to this tinpot radio station anyway? I'd argue not.

My suggestion? Simply do NOT listen to this station. Find other ways to amuse yourselves. Come on here and debate with the rest of us. Or put in a CD. Let their ratings drop while karma catches up with them.

Whilst it might save yourself a great deal of annoyance by tuning out, i don't think it helps alleviate the issue.

The ill-informed vitriol that f-wits like g.venom spew out every day will continue to be broadcast whilst they are un-challenged by the likes of Connie, bless her heart. It went on this morning for about 10 minutes but as soon as Connie called in & was finished making venom look like a low-life sniper, he acknowledged her passion, softened his stance somewhat & soon moved on. If the non-North public only ever hear this shit without the likes of Connie defending the club, it continues unfettered, is taken as fact & perception soon becomes reality.

It only takes 1 pointed & well balanced caller to end the hate each morning. One caller the other day ended the hate & shut venom up about North's 16k crowd vs Port by comparing it to the dawks 21k crowd vs the same team & venom's failure to report a single word on the dawks' crowd. venom admitted this, had nothing more to say & quickly backed down.

NB: Connie's crowning comment this morning was when she told venom to quit the talk about our low supporter base because it is what it is, then asked him why he doesn't get out & get more people to read his barely-read newspaper! Brilliant! :D

That's my 2c worth anyway.

PS: I think the letter is a fantastic idea too, i'm in.

Whilst it might save yourself a great deal of annoyance by tuning out, i don't think it helps alleviate the issue.

The ill-informed vitriol that f-wits like g.venom spew out every day will continue to be broadcast whilst they are un-challenged by the likes of Connie, bless her heart. It went on this morning for about 10 minutes but as soon as Connie called in & was finished making venom look like a low-life sniper, he acknowledged her passion, softened his stance somewhat & soon moved on. If the non-North public only ever hear this shit without the likes of Connie defending the club, it continues unfettered, is taken as fact & perception soon becomes reality.

It only takes 1 pointed & well balanced caller to end the hate each morning. One caller the other day ended the hate & shut venom up about North's 16k crowd vs Port by comparing it to the dawks 21k crowd vs the same team & venom's failure to report a single word on the dawks' crowd. venom admitted this, had nothing more to say & quickly backed down.

NB: Connie's crowning comment this morning was when she told venom to quit the talk about our low supporter base because it is what it is, then asked him why he doesn't get out & get more people to read his barely-read newspaper! Brilliant! :D

That's my 2c worth anyway.

PS: I think the letter is a fantastic idea too, i'm in.

Connie was great wasn't she? And I heard the other caller shut him up with a succession of excellent arguments, well put.

When Lidge was alive (bless him) he compiled a dossier of great arguments and rebuttals of false relocation arguments promoted by the likes of Fatprick and Cow-ro. Anyone who wanted to call a radio station or argue with friends or family could use the dossier of great arguments/rebuttals.

It made us sound intelligent AND on the same page.

Anyone else remember this?

And I love "Greg Venom" too.:D He seems to hate us even more than Wallsy hates Thornton.

I just looked up Hymen in my Pictionary and this is what I found.

509133-greg-denham.jpg
bloody gold :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Not wanting to sound rude or sexist, but gynaecologically speaking, hymen only exists on a virgin, Greg is already fckd, so we caunt use that.

Take your pick of names to send the emails to from the list here - http://www.sen.com.au/contact-us

However, Barry Quick is the station's General Manager, and the one who makes all of the big decisions re personnel. He's your man!

BTW, re Mark Allen, he loves our club and has done since the boxing fundraiser he and Schwatta put on. He's NOT one of the haters.

We need to compile a list of advertisers on their station and email addresses.
These are the contacts that are going to make any difference. Guys like
Barry Quick couldn't give a s.it what we think unless it hurts their pockets.
Let's start with

Our major sponsor
http://www.mazda.com.au/About-Mazda/Contact-Us.aspx

We are all sportsmen aren't we?
http://www.rebelsport.com.au/ecom/rebel/help/contact_us.aspx

There must be North supporters who need trucking services
http://www.udtrucks.com.au/contact.asp

I ride a bike and I'm sure there are more of us.
http://www.teamdegani.com.au/contact.aspx

Hmmm, Someone I know, knows people who own Gloweave for a long long time.
http://www.gloweave.com.au/contact.asp

Anyone for insurance?
http://www.cgu.com.au/cgu/contact-us/pages/contact-us.aspx

So the question is, do these companies want to be associated with an unprofessional media outlet employing crackpot journalists, whose main aim is to damage a long established community?

Take your pick of names to send the emails to from the list here - http://www.sen.com.au/contact-us

However, Barry Quick is the station's General Manager, and the one who makes all of the big decisions re personnel. He's your man!

BTW, re Mark Allen, he loves our club and has done since the boxing fundraiser he and Schwatta put on. He's NOT one of the haters.
He was the one who first claimed (on SEN) that he had seen Hunter 'run at' Barry Hall and 'knee' him (this was straight after the match).....may well have doen a bit to spread the idea that North were thugs who spent all day picking on poor Barry.

So far as I'm aware, he never admitted on air that he got it wrong.

He was the one who first claimed (on SEN) that he had seen Hunter 'run at' Barry Hall and 'knee' him (this was straight after the match).....may well have doen a bit to spread the idea that North were thugs who spent all day picking on poor Barry.

So far as I'm aware, he never admitted on air that he got it wrong.

The entire media proceedings over that NONevent were hysterical, to say the least. BUT, I can assure you that he has the highest regard for our club and will do anything to talk us up and/or help us out. Besides anything else, he's hardly one of the media's heavy hitters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think the sponsors would appreciate hearing complaints from supporters of a club they sponsor.

We should not attempt to interfere where they decide to do business.

Please reconsider.

Ok, that sounds reasonable as regards Mazda, what about others?
The club needs to come to the party somehow. This sort of thing can take on a life of their own. SENseless might own the airwaves, but the public own the internet.

When Lidge was alive (bless him) he compiled a dossier of great arguments and rebuttals of false relocation arguments promoted by the likes of Fatprick and Cow-ro. Anyone who wanted to call a radio station or argue with friends or family could use the dossier of great arguments/rebuttals.

It made us sound intelligent AND on the same page.

Anyone else remember this?

Sure do, Mr R.

Been doing a bit of digging about and reminiscing, LRB-style. There actually ended up being a few of those threads kicking about. This was one of them...

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=396159

Seriously excellent work by the great man. Not only did he do that, but he managed to get people calling into talkback radio that had never been game to do so in the past.

Legend.

And I love "Greg Venom" too.:D He seems to hate us even more than Wallsy hates Thornton.

Doesn't rate her thighs apparently.....

Sigrid-Thornton-1-.aspx

....or gender.

Sure do, Mr R.

Been doing a bit of digging about and reminiscing, LRB-style. There actually ended up being a few of those threads kicking about. This was one of them...

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=396159

Seriously excellent work by the great man. Not only did he do that, but he managed to get people calling into talkback radio that had never been game to do so in the past.

Legend.

Doesn't rate her thighs apparently.....

Sigrid-Thornton-1-.aspx

....or gender.

TOD, I'm not sure how Wallsy feels about Sigrid, but he sure hates Brett. I suspect his thighs are no match for Mal Michael's.

Has there every been a greater list of no-name non-footballing ability, puff-piece writing (under the guise of opinion), trash talking clowns?
Seriously, Greg and Patrick Who-T-F are they?.....both so irrelevant they may as well be the same dude/chick.
CW is some weird "man-lady" with anger issues.....and who also, for some reason known only to herself, thought her teeth were what made her somewhat unattractive. Would've been cheaper to buy 20 years worth of paper bags with the eyes cut out.
Mark Allen-?????? is he an ex-golfer?.....Yeah he knows his footy.
John Ralph- What an accomplished footballer this bloke was??????????

WHO THE F%$K are these people? Don't rate a thing any of them says.
FFS we may as well take Hutchy's word as gospel also.....gutter journalism at it's finest.

Quoted for brilliance. Must agree with the big Z, the bolded bit is one of the most original and best Caro sledges I've ever seen. Just LOL. Wish I'd thought of it.

I'm definitely filing away "20 years worth of paper bags with the eyes cut out" for future use.

Anyne listening to Kevin Hillier and GD at the moment?

They were talking about the ticketing arrangements for North members who are heading to Geelong for the Baked Potato Stadium game.

Kevin reads out an SMS sent in saying that the tickets for North members were available through the club etc then GD says "at least they are doing something right off the field".

Another unfair barb directed towards your football club.

Anyne listening to Kevin Hillier and GD at the moment?

They were talking about the ticketing arrangements for North members who are heading to Geelong for the Baked Potato Stadium game.

Kevin reads out an SMS sent in saying that the tickets for North members were available through the club etc then GD says "at least they are doing something right off the field".

Another unfair barb directed towards your football club.

C'mon Ben, surely it's "our" football club by now. :D

Just heard a caller named Mary who said something about the supporter group not being made up of older people, but more younger people.

She said that this evidenced from just how many young people were in the crowd at the Friday night game against Carlton.

Greg Venom (tm CBSlogger) reckons all the criticism of SEN and him on Facebook is "water off a duck's back".

This bloke has clearly overtaken Cow-ro as our most poisonous enemy.

hahaha is that right. really now he is beginning to look more and more like a moron - we just need to keep laying into him publicly.

The more he lays into us the worse he looks.

I think we will take all this criticism as ammunition to become the best team in the comp. Us against them mentality is what this club has built its success on.

JB was spot on - if you win they will come.

Remove this Banner Ad

North Bashing SEN Guess who

Remove this Banner Ad

Back