North Central Football League - Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North Central Football League

Lloyd has earnt his spot, and someone has to be sacrificed.

Reserves style of footy would suit Cua well. He should (whether he will i dont know) Tear shreads through the Donald guts.

haha so in a year he has gone from just a player in the ouyen two's to tearing shreads....

From what ive seen of him so far, he should go well. Yes i was exaggerating when i said "tear shreads"... but i see no reason why, come the final siren, he cant walk off and say that he's had a good game.

He will be keen to get back into the 1's, and i think he will play well in the 2's

MOR the saints should be happy with the inclusion of Boyington. Is he fit to play after his injury? Also Jas lloyd is a handy inclusion to the side.

Great to see Jas Lloyd back playing in the late game, I hear he's been cooling his jet's in the midday show for most of the year. If the saint's are going to be the real deal this year they will need class players such as Jas Lloyd sharking the packets and kicking his normal 6 or 7 per game.

Note Dell's Fists lol

Ive heard from a pretty reliable source, that he completely missed him :eek:

Just incase anyone wants to relive some of the action from 2003 ;)

Great to see Jas Lloyd back playing in the late game, I hear he's been cooling his jet's in the midday show for most of the year. If the saint's are going to be the real deal this year they will need class players such as Jas Lloyd sharking the packets and kicking his normal 6 or 7 per game.

Oh please JJ. He is an outstanding player....he loves to stand out and wait for someone to get the hard pill and dish it out to him!:thumbsdown:

Note Dell's Fists lol

Ive heard from a pretty reliable source, that he completely missed him :eek:

Just incase anyone wants to relive some of the action from 2003 ;)

Way to much time on your hands my friend.... who gives a rabbits ringo about the dirtest grandfinal in recent history. leagues better off for not having dell in it. good footballer w***er of a bloke

First 5 games - 0 wins 5 losses
Since then - 6 wins 1 loss

So yeah, id say so :p

The Ballarat Boys
Boyington - IMO, has stood up heaps from last year, is becoming one of the leaders on the field. He's using his pace a heap more, and until his injury, was hitting very good form. Im obviously hoping he can continue where he left off on Saturday.
Brearley - Pure class. Great Skills, and great leadership qualities. Isn't afraid to talk, and loves a beer after the game... thats all you can ask for!! He is "surprisingly" quick too (ie it doesn't look like hes quick, but geez he can cover some ground, a credit to him)
Cua - Not the quickest of the lot, but is a very smart footballer. Has done pretty well this year, and we're hopin he can continue it in the 2's this week
Dowley - His obvious flaw, is that he doesn't kick off his right. He is a smart footballer, and knows where the goals are. Has stood up very well recently
Holmes - Strong Hands, and a long kick. Copped the toughest job on the field early on, but has recently been moved up the ground. Improving every game, and will play a major part come september. BUT he's a hawthorn supporter, so he doesn't matter :p,
Axe - Struck down with illness early in the season. rumour has it hes almost ready to return, will be an asset to the 2's when he comes back (can't see him playing 1's after so long out)
Wilson - had a ripper of a Prac match vs one of the horsham sides, but then went quiet, playing his part, but not standing out. Over the past few weeks he has made his presence known, and i think he featured in the awards from Saturdays game...

Interesting assesment Roc, dare say you will be ducking for cover today.
IMO Wilo would be the best recruit of 07.:thumbsu:
Fat Ezard close second.

Righty Oh Guys!!! Just Remember, before you belt an opponent behind play (out of Central Umpires view) Simply ask the Goal Umpire if he is registered...

IF HES NOT... Snipe away!!!

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints real deal after yesterdays win?? was only donald and wasnt a massive win.. no big acheievement really is it?

Righty Oh Guys!!! Just Remember, before you belt an opponent behind play (out of Central Umpires view) Simply ask the Goal Umpire if he is registered...

IF HES NOT... Snipe away!!!

MOR, there's nothing stopping anyone from hitting someone while the umpires aren't watching. But it generally doesn't happen because people aren't that dirty in NCFL.

You have to be careful with the Stenna situation because you are trying to introduce a dangerous precident. Whether the incident warranted report or not isn't the issue. We cant have non registered volunteers being able to report. It opens a can of worms that VCFL wouldn't allow, and the next step from a governing bodies point of view (if the goal umpires were able to report) would be to make each club have registered goal umpires... This cost your volunteer goal umpire time and money to be a registered umpire. Both the Club and the Volunteer don't want to do that.

So be careful what your asking for here.

Im gonna be controversial, but Meh...

In General, you bring up some good points... But my main arguement on the issue, is based around the Cost/Time of doing this... aswell as the simple theory that if the umpires can't control player behaviour... WHO CAN!?

"it generally doesn't happen because MOST people aren't that dirty in NCFL."

=|It reminds me of the time that someone tried to get off because the date was wrong on an umpires paperwork!

=|In the Loddon Valley FL, at one stage this year, The Reserves were being umpired by Club Volunteers.

=|U13's can now belt each other, and get away with it, because the umpres aren't officials

=|The Decision made Saturday morning, will do one of a few things.
1. They register, no worries
2. They dont register, we dont have enough willing to be Goal Umpires
3. They dont register, we have goal umpires, and sniping full forwards/full backs that know they can get away with it.

=|Think of all the snipers that can come out of their shells!

=|A captain can't voice their opinion over an umpires decision on the ground, but another guy can get away hitting an opponent behind play...

=|If the umpires can't control the behaviour of the players, can anyone!?

=|They screwed up!!

With the season fast approaching crunh time i'm interested to hear ppl's predictions for the rest of the year compared to their preseason predictions i.e ladder, grandfinal teams. Also with only a few games left, who are the tips for the feeny and possibly a top 10 players based on their seasons. Cheers

Im gonna be controversial, but Meh...

if the umpires can't control player behaviour... WHO CAN!?

"it generally doesn't happen because MOST people aren't that dirty in NCFL."

=|It reminds me of the time that someone tried to get off because the date was wrong on an umpires paperwork!

=|In the Loddon Valley FL, at one stage this year, The Reserves were being umpired by Club Volunteers.

=|U13's can now belt each other, and get away with it, because the umpres aren't officials

=|The Decision made Saturday morning, will do one of a few things.
1. They register, no worries
2. They dont register, we dont have enough willing to be Goal Umpires
3. They dont register, we have goal umpires, and sniping full forwards/full backs that know they can get away with it.

=|Think of all the snipers that can come out of their shells!

=|A captain can't voice their opinion over an umpires decision on the ground, but another guy can get away hitting an opponent behind play...

=|If the umpires can't control the behaviour of the players, can anyone!?

=|They screwed up!!

(if the umpires can't control player behaviour... WHO CAN!?)
-That's the field umpires job, to control the game... Just like it has been for the many many years country football has been played.

(=|It reminds me of the time that someone tried to get off because the date was wrong on an umpires paperwork!)
-You just trying to stir me up here ROC, Fail to see your parallel on this one. THe incident your scratching at was not behind play and it was reported. THe whole point of going to the tribunal is to try anything within your powers to get off. If theres a technicality then that's the leagues fault.

(=|U13's can now belt each other, and get away with it, because the umpres aren't officials)
How many snipers have there been in the u/13's over the past 20 years ROC. Hardly an area for concern by the league i would imagine.

I don't think sniping is an issue ROC, i'm not sure how long ago you actually played the game but i'm sure if you asked anyone who does they wouldn't be saying "Gee i feel so much more protected from the possibility of being sniped because that Wedderburn/St Arnaud goal umpire is authorised to report someone"

Just don't think the positives of making all volunteer goal umpires paid up and registered is enough to warrant the change. could have an negative effect.

few good points.. i exaggerated the issue, to make the point...

as far as that incident a few years ago goes... Did the defendant of that claim get off?

From what i remember, he didn't, THUS a precedent was set...

Why is it different now?

The issue then, was that there was "technically" no report, because the date was wrong.... and the defendant was given the big "bad luck, take it like a man"

The issue now, is that there was "technically" no report, because it was made by the wrong person... and the defendant had his hand shook, and was wished the best of luck for his game that afternoon.

I couldn't care less if the case was heard and he was found not guilty... but i feel that it should have been heard. "Rules/Precedent" is set AFTER a decision is made... not prior to a decision...

Given that ruling Saturday morning, the VCFL can now go back and look at every single case, in leagues such as LVFL, where there is often Comitteemen (sp?) as CENTRAL umpires for Reserves games (and in one case from what i hear, a senior match)

Safety (as far as "i feel much safer now they can report") isn't the issue... its the general theory that UMPIRES can't UMPIRE as they are supposed to, because they dont pay cash to do it!!!!

Im sure that there have been guys unaware of the issue, who have been dealt suspensions by "unregistered' umpires.... What if (hypothetically) that was a part of 16 games they have been suspended for, and they are banned from playing footy.... If i were given 4 weeks for an incident, by an unregistered umpire, and that contributed to 16 weeks of suspension in my career (from all levels right up to "International Rules vs Ireland") well, id be mighty ticked off!

BASICALLY... The ruling they made Saturday morning has opened a bigger can of worms than allowing the case to be heard would have

Just don't think the positives of making all volunteer goal umpires paid up and registered is enough to warrant the change. could have an negative effect.

I agree... BUT that means that the players (Especially those here in the NC/Mallee, LV..etc Area, who know about the case) now know that they can get away with sh*tloads more than they thought they could, simply because the goal umpires who are 10m away, and looking directly at the incident, can't do a thing about it.

How about unregistered umpires should be subject to a requirement to bring anything they deem reportable to the attention of a registered umpire, who should then adjudicate on the incident. They could, essentially, 'notarize' a non-registered-umpire report?

Am I on the right track?

MOR, i saw you sinking your left foot into the sherrin during the U13's game need to work on your disposal i reckon you only hit your target 1 out of the 5 kicks i saw!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back