North Central Football League - Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North Central Football League

thnx centre square. whos everyone's tip for the tooleybuc presdients award and the feeny?? as we appear closer towards the end of the season

I'd say that wyche haven't had a grandfinal in years because they have arguably the worst visitor player facilities in the league. There also isn't any parking, it is such a tiny area. Wyche people complain about never getting the grandfinal every year that they are not a chance to make it.

my tip for toleybuc presidents award is simon brearly with haldane nelson runners up.
feeny would be fairly interesting. i have no idea tho. what is everybody else's opinions

--I think Brearley has quite a chance.
-Wedd have soooo many that can take votes of the main men.
--Although, St Arnaud is starting to get that way too, with the likes of Ben Price/Boyington making a real impression on the stats card.
-Charlton - Andrews is their standout, however hes done very little on last year.
--Birchip - Robbie Lee is forever in the umpires view, and will pose a threat to the "Punters favorites"

I'd say that wyche haven't had a grandfinal in years because they have arguably the worst visitor player facilities in the league. There also isn't any parking, it is such a tiny area. Wyche people complain about never getting the grandfinal every year that they are not a chance to make it.

You have got to be shitting me. Wyches the worst away rooms. They dont even come close to being anywhere near as bad as Donald, Boort, or B/W. Atleast at Wyche you get the chance to have a warm up before the game indoors. Arguably the best facilities alround, except for parking but i think thats not as big a problem as everyone makes at it is.

One concern for me being in the wyche away rooms is that it is slippery on the boards. they should at least partial carpet for grip. and the toilets there last year werent too pleasant either.

--I think Brearley has quite a chance.
-Wedd have soooo many that can take votes of the main men.
--Although, St Arnaud is starting to get that way too, with the likes of Ben Price/Boyington making a real impression on the stats card.
-Charlton - Andrews is their standout, however hes done very little on last year.
--Birchip - Robbie Lee is forever in the umpires view, and will pose a threat to the "Punters favorites"
Roc has your focus of love for the St.Aranud Footy Club moved to the love of Simon Brearley! Looking at what you post mate id say yes:eek:

Birchip and St Arnaud

Birchip are always gonna be there abouts.. St Arnauds ever improving and should put up a strong show

One concern for me being in the wyche away rooms is that it is slippery on the boards. they should at least partial carpet for grip. and the toilets there last year werent too pleasant either.
Lets face it there SHITHOUSE. Played there it's like a third world country in those visitors change rooms!

would darren stenhouse have much votes in the tooleybuc award? he has a kicked a few bags this year obvoiusly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have got to be shitting me. Wyches the worst away rooms. They dont even come close to being anywhere near as bad as Donald, Boort, or B/W. Atleast at Wyche you get the chance to have a warm up before the game indoors. Arguably the best facilities alround, except for parking but i think thats not as big a problem as everyone makes at it is.

what about that hole birchip put you in, ever heard of ventilation.:thumbsdown:

Who really cares. At the end of the day win or lose i don't know too many blokes who sit around during the next week talking about the rooms they had to change in

While what you say is correct, they do take it into account come finals selection time

Have to agree on that one.. Nothing worse than having to prepare for a big game in rooms like that... Although at least at birchip you can wander around the corner and do some run throughs on the golf course...

The home rooms are birchip are amazing... You just about get lost in there..

But still compared to some of the rooms i've seen this year, Birchips visitors rooms are 4 - Star

Wyche not getting the g/f, just another thing Bill Keane will continue to sook about!
WYCHE WOULD BE A GOOD GROUND FOR THE GRAND FINAL. dONALD LACKS ATMOSPHERE BECAUSE EVERYTHING IS SO SPREAD OUT. At clubs like Wyche, Boort and Birchip there is much more atmosphere and effort put in by clubs in running finals. Toilets at Charlton are terrible.

Jesus if robbie lee wins the feeny master then the league is in a fair bit of trouble. Surely he's not still in the best dozen in the league, would be a disgrace if he was

WYCHE WOULD BE A GOOD GROUND FOR THE GRAND FINAL. dONALD LACKS ATMOSPHERE BECAUSE EVERYTHING IS SO SPREAD OUT. At clubs like Wyche, Boort and Birchip there is much more atmosphere and effort put in by clubs in running finals. Toilets at Charlton are terrible.

Don't think it lacked atmosphere when Donald had their last grand final. Charlton / St. Arnaud in the G/F, perfect day, record gate takings, St. Arnaud going for the four premierships on the day, Trent Dell bluffing the entire town of St. Arnaud, the punch on in front of the hundreds of supporters on the wing, how much more atmosphere do you want?

spot on ex star, also when it comes to G/F day i think the condition of the oval should be more of a concern than parking, rooms, etc.. as the game is won on the ground not in the rooms. sure good rooms are a plus but i think most players would prefer to play the most important game of the year on the best surface not who has the best parking.

We have to remember that the league officials need to be able to show the "higher powers" that we are still "Major" as far as league status goes. A HUGE grand final at Donald/St Arnaud will seem more attractive to the top guys than a grand final with parking issues (because of the size, not the attendance) and other issues. There are SOOO many factors they have to consider.

Boort wont get a final while the Netball courts are still considered "illegal" (safety reasons) Apparently the fence is too close to the court or something?
Donald - Grand Final seems likely
Wyche - Prelim likely
Wedd and 2nd fighting over 1st semi
3rd and 4th fighting over 2nd semi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back