North Melbourne Priority Pick 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The league wanted to help North Melbourne without penalising rival clubs, and they did not want the Kangaroos to stockpile draft picks.

I'm pretty sure that making up picks out of thin air does end up penalising rival clubs, even if North trade them out, in exactly the same way that FA compensation does. Everyone moves down the order, adding in new draft picks is not a net zero thing.

Should have tanked harder
Look we didn’t tank, to be fair we couldn’t have we played worse.

The whole purpose of the rebuild wasn’t to get PPs it was to break a cycle of mediocrity.

I’m not too fussed with the package. I think it’s odd that we have had caveats on the assistance that no other club has but that’s cool.

Certainly moulds future pp discussion which isn’t a bad thing

That will suck for those who were banking on firsts and that

It's the AFL secret herbs again
Yeah it’s certainly less than I’d thought we’d get. But anyway all good let’s go

what a ******* joke

middle of first had to be the min for the amount of wins we had over last 3 years
North were never getting the picks that you thought were owed.
You just fooled yourself into believing it was inevitable, when it never was.

North were never getting the picks that you thought were owed.
You just fooled yourself into believing it was inevitable, when it never was.

I think they should have gotten at least one pick (late 1st or early 2nd round) that wasn't conditional on being on traded for another player from another club

Logue for their F Second Round pick is probably not what Freo want either.

The AFL needs to also really modify/lessen FA compo quite frankly.

The biggest part about being forced to trade them is that clubs are going to dig their heels in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The league wanted to help North Melbourne without penalising rival clubs, and they did not want the Kangaroos to stockpile draft picks.
Yeah good thing they're protecting other clubs from North.

Meanwhile fresh off their preliminary final Brisbane can look forward to the the #1 draft pick as a F/S and Dunkley for their late 1st rounder.

Absolutely laughable. Equalization in this comp is a joke.

Yeah good thing they're protecting other clubs from North.

Meanwhile fresh off their preliminary final Brisbane can look forward to the the #1 draft pick as a F/S and Dunkley for their late 1st rounder.

Absolutely laughable. Equalization in this comp is a joke.
Totally agree father son needs to go, but you are literally being given extra assistance. Like you may want more but it is a gift, you also have pick 1

Ha we got CCJ our five goal per season fwd for free, how you like them apples you bunch of loosers!
Yes double 'o' in loosers, I read that around these parts all the time.

Goodness me, that is a fairly shit assistance package. I liken it to getting hit by a Mack truck and being offered a band aid.

oh well.

Gold Coast Assistance Package 2019

• Pick #1 and #20 in the 2019 NAB AFL Draft.
  • Pick #11 in the 2020 NAB AFL Draft.
  • Pick #19 in the 2021 NAB AFL Draft.
  • Ability to pre-list Academy and Darwin zoned academy players
  • Additional 10 Rookie list spots

North Melbourne Assistance Package 2022
  • Round 2 & 3 pick in the 2023 NAB AFL draft (must be traded in 2022)
  • Additional 2 Rookie list spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back