North Melbourne Priority Pick 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gold Coast Assistance Package 2019

• Pick #1 and #20 in the 2019 NAB AFL Draft.
  • Pick #11 in the 2020 NAB AFL Draft.
  • Pick #19 in the 2021 NAB AFL Draft.
  • Ability to pre-list Academy and Darwin zoned academy players
  • Additional 10 Rookie list spots

North Melbourne Assistance Package 2022
  • Round 2 & 3 pick in the 2023 NAB AFL draft (must be traded in 2022)
  • Additional 2 Rookie list spots.
The Gold Coast is an primarily AFL assisted club

Why is it hard to understand that they would get more assistance then North?

It may not be fair, but if you don't understand why its the case , thats on you

Gold Coast Assistance Package 2019

• Pick #1 and #20 in the 2019 NAB AFL Draft.
  • Pick #11 in the 2020 NAB AFL Draft.
  • Pick #19 in the 2021 NAB AFL Draft.
  • Ability to pre-list Academy and Darwin zoned academy players
  • Additional 10 Rookie list spots

North Melbourne Assistance Package 2022
  • Round 2 & 3 pick in the 2023 NAB AFL draft (must be traded in 2022)
  • Additional 2 Rookie list spots.

This comparison outlines the serious concern the league has for the Suns, whilst not giving a flying about North.

what a ******* joke

middle of first had to be the min for the amount of wins we had over last 3 years
Wow you must be absolutely devastated , I know how heavily you have been invested into the PP's North would get and have been following your posts for 6 months now

Shocking decision by the AFL , Really think you guys should have gotten #10 + #19 in both 2022 & 2023 and 5 rookie spots as well as $500k extra in the soft cap.

So Unfair

North shouldn't have got a single thing. Not a thing. But if they had to get something then the AFL has got it right by giving them not much at all. You don't want to set a precedent for bad management by giving them the world.

The comparison to the Suns is laughable. Their challenges are far different from North's. Perhaps some mismanagement up there too but they are pushing even more shit up a much steeper hill.

Totally agree father son needs to go, but you are literally being given extra assistance. Like you may want more but it is a gift, you also have pick 1
It's more so that with the most recent priority pick package for the GC, they didn't give 2 s***s about how it affected other clubs.

But when it's North there's a different set of rules. An extra 2nd and 3rd helps, but it's barely equalization when compared to the advantages of bigger clubs through FA and the lucky dip that is F/S.

It's more so that with the most recent priority pick package for the GC, they didn't give 2 s***s about how it affected other clubs.

But when it's North there's a different set of rules. An extra 2nd and 3rd helps, but it's barely equalization when compared to the advantages of bigger clubs through FA and the lucky dip that is F/S.
The thing is I think we need look beyond win loss, i don’t rate the North young talent as highly as some but I think they are in a better place. Add in an experienced veteran coach and North aren’t bleeding talent like the Suns were.

I’m saying that the Suns package was ridiculous

Really not sure what North are complaining about.

Will get Logue and Tucker + Hill for free. The way the supporters carry on about how good the young fellas are it's the senior bodies they need.

Really not sure what North are complaining about.

Will get Logue and Tucker + Hill for free. The way the supporters carry on about how good the young fellas are it's the senior bodies they need.
Yep. Sucks that the draft will be compromised for North's benefit, but if they can get some mature talent hopefully we end up with 9 games of footy a week instead of 8 games and 1 shitshow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North have no debt, no pokies and are a paragon of a well run club as their supporters have blustered about endlessly. They can dig themselves out of the hole they created by cutting half their list at once.

Completely understand that but the fact remains that the goalposts were moved on North Melbourne and North Melbourne only.

The thing is I think we need look beyond win loss, i don’t rate the North young talent as highly as some but I think they are in a better place. Add in an experienced veteran coach and North aren’t bleeding talent like the Suns were.

I’m saying that the Suns package was ridiculous
Honestly, I don't think any North fans were honestly expecting anything near the GC package, that was the most ridiculous leg up in history.

But a 2nd and 3rd (that we must trade or forfeit apparently) maybe gets us a decent player in Logue, who we've given a big contract to in order to come over as well.

Meanwhile Geelong, Richmond, Collingwood, Brisbane etc. have players queuing up to join them as FA's or just demanding trades. The joke of this "equalization" measure is that the rich will keep getting richer and the rest are expected to be thankful at the scraps thrown to us by the AFL.

Imagine how different things might be if you'd moved to the Gold Coast like the AFL wanted you to.

I know. Brilliant decision by North not to go. Just beat out Essendon to sign the greatest coach of all time to a long term contract, whilst winning multiple finals since that decision was made. Imagine.

I know. Brilliant decision by North not to go. Just beat out Essendon to sign the greatest coach of all time to a long term contract, whilst winning multiple finals since that decision was made. Imagine.
Oh wow. Multiple finals. They must look pretty good in your trophy cabinet. Sounds like you don't need any help at all. Just like I said.

Honestly, I don't think any North fans were honestly expecting anything near the GC package, that was the most ridiculous leg up in history.

But a 2nd and 3rd (that we must trade or forfeit apparently) maybe gets us a decent player in Logue, who we've given a big contract to in order to come over as well.

Meanwhile Geelong, Richmond, Collingwood, Brisbane etc. have players queuing up to join them as FA's or just demanding trades. The joke of this "equalization" measure is that the rich will keep getting richer and the rest are expected to be thankful at the scraps thrown to us by the AFL.
It's an easy decision for the AFL. They give North barely anything and in turn they know they will get their trade target for unders which is Freo's problem.

2 clubs they don't care about in one decision as well as putting it on credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back