North Melbourne Priority Pick 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You either know something the rest of us don’t, or are just making up s**t. Wonder which one.

Well, unlike you, it seems I know how to read.

Look at the 2nd and 3rd words that I wrote... "I think". i.e. It is my opinion. Nothing more (or less).

Well, unlike you, it seems I know how to read.

Look at the 2nd and 3rd words that I wrote... "I think". i.e. It is my opinion. Nothing more (or less).

I think you were bang on with "North don't expect". Middle ground is more than enough.

In 4 weeks the narrative will move from Sonja Hood engineering the Clarko deal to the AFL having planted him there as part of an assistance package.
Don’t forget as a bargaining chip to move to tassie.

****ing muppets

In 4 weeks the narrative will move from Sonja Hood engineering the Clarko deal to the AFL having planted him there as part of an assistance package.

Can't both be true?

e.g. Sonja Hood did the bulk of the work, and the AFL chipped in to get the deal over the line?

Can't both be true?

e.g. Sonja Hood did the bulk of the work, and the AFL chipped in to get the deal over the line?
Can’t it just be we got him over the line on our own merits?

If the AFL would get involved wouldn’t you think they’d be pushing for him to go to GWS?

Righto so why didn’t they push him the Essendon.

Stop being a troll

Essendon fell apart over the Clarkson bid. (straw that broke the camels back perhaps, but...).

A few weeks ago ago, when this would have all been underway, North was the biggest issue.

Recruiting one guy doesn't make your club suddenly in a good spot.

If you think it does, then I assume you don't feel any need for PPs any more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon fell apart over the Clarkson bid. (straw that broke the camels back perhaps, but...).

A few weeks ago ago, when this would have all been underway, North was the biggest issue.
Whatever.

Well, in many leagues and sports a punishment consists of being relegated to a different division, and also prize money differences as it goes in order for how succesful your season has been.

I don't necessarily think the club that finishes on top of the ladder at the end of the year should get the first draft pick, but I do think rewarding success is key for a fight to win every game mindset.

Well, in many leagues and sports a punishment consists of being relegated to a different division, and also prize money differences as it goes in order for how succesful your season has been.

I don't necessarily think the club that finishes on top of the ladder at the end of the year should get the first draft pick, but I do think rewarding success is key for a fight to win every game mindset.
Putting up with this shit is punishment enough

Don’t know why they abandoned the old 90’s system of PP’s in the first place.

IIRC a team had to get less than 10 wins in a consecutive 3 year period to get a PP.

Then the genius AFL COO of the late 90s Ian Collins changed the rule and reduced this period to one year , quickly after this the system got rorted.

It should revert back to something similar to the old system where there is a transparent formula that everyone understands, not this current undignified process where clubs have to beg for one.

Don’t know why they abandoned the old 90’s system of PP’s in the first place.

IIRC a team had to get less than 10 wins in a consecutive 3 year period to get a PP.

Then the genius AFL COO of the late 90s Ian Collins changed the rule and reduced this period to one year , quickly after this the system got rorted.

It should revert back to something similar to the old system where there is a transparent formula that everyone understands, not this current undignified process where clubs have to beg for one.

Having a fixed and known number of wins to qualify was thought to encourage tanking.

Of course, in the next breath the AFL would tell you tanking didn't happen...

Having a fixed and known number of wins to qualify was thought to encourage tanking.

Of course, in the next breath the AFL would tell you tanking didn't happen...

Yes it did…

When that fixed period was one year.

No club in their right mind in the post Covid environment would set out to be the bottom side for 3-4 years straight.

Yes it did…

When that fixed period was one year.

No club in their right mind in the post Covid environment would set out to be the bottom side for 3-4 years straight.

Pretty sure it was worked out over 2 years, and it was more along the lines of if you had one bad year, then unless you were very confident of jumping back up the ladder, you made sure not to win too many games the following year.

That's all down to recruitment method though. We don't have relegation, so we have a draft. I'm not sure there's a major league in world sport that operates otherwise.

I agree that the recruitment method is vital, and I don't want to come across as argumentative.

Although personally I'd like to see no incentives for finishing in last place. It should be the opposite; rewarded highly for wins only. The current draft system is workable, but priority picks and points etc is just unnecessarily complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back