Autopsy North vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought Tucker tried hard. Seemed to be in and around the footy more than anyone else. This is an understandably low bar.

Stephens was also not horrible. He was always where he needed to be.

Scott was constantly an option when our idiotic players hemmed themselves into a corner. Runs all day. Glad he has signed. Doesn't stop putting in, ever. Never takes a short step. Always there or thereabouts.

McKercher actually tried to take the footy through the lines on a few occasions. I don't understand the criticism of him. He's a first year player who weighs about 75kg dripping wet throwing himself around and driving us off half back. He's a baby. Can't see it being his fault.

Simpkin has had his career ruined by Webster. He should dead set sue for lost earnings. A shadow of his former self, timid and fumbly, can't get out of a jog, can't chase anyone down, can't hit targets and can't pick it up. It is actually hard to watch.

LDU commands attention and likely a big pay packet. I understand his frustration and his desire for the team to get better but he has to play an active role in being the change he wishes to see.

Wardlaw looks off. He's not taking short steps but he's not running in straight lines. I am a little concerned. He played on Bontempelli all day, presumably as a lesson, and got taught one. Check back in Round 1 next year.

Mcdonald is terrible. A genuinely terrible footballer. He has been such a disappointment. He doesn't offer anything. He is an irredeemable, diabolically bad captain, who's kit bag consists of a long left foot piss bolt and ****ing nothing else. I hope the rumours of his exit being stage managed are true. He absolutely cannot be in this team Round 1 next year.

Kal Dawson is probably not going to make it, but losing Comben early didn't help him. The Dogs identified his man and went there time and time again. Kal just wasn't tall enough to make a difference.

Corr was nowhere. Has had a good year, but was nowhere today.

Won't say much about our forwards as it wasn't there enough and our midfielders didn't do enough. Zurhaar isn't worth what we are paying him, and was never worth it. Ford is absolutely anonymous when we aren't on top and is good for about 16 minutes of footy a week. Larkey has to deal with three defenders every week. Teakle may as well not have played. Curtis ditto. Not sure what everyone sees in RHJ, and he's certainly not an LT replacement. He had a nice first quarter though.

I don't like playing against the Dogs because they always beat us. But it doesn't help that they get away with throws galore, they **** it out the front of stoppages and get away with it, and they celebrate goals when they're up by 90 points like they've just taken the lead in the last quarter of a grand final. They also seem to get the rub of the green in every single contest, especially out of the middle.
I also don't have any stats to back this up but it feels like they're the team that takes the piss against us (Khamis in the ruck, Bailey Williams as a full forward, et al) the most. It felt like they got the most piss weak set of free kicks today, over and over again.

We were really, really bad. This does nothing but strengthen Sheezel's AA case, if he's been the only thing between us and these beltings every week. We can't defend clearance, we can't defend turnover, we can't kick, we can't handball, we can't pressure, we can't move the ball quickly enough to put teams under heat, we have no active leaders, our best player is injured and our second best player is our ruckman who's easily negated when the umpires are drawing free kicks out of a weighted deck. Our best defender is the adopted offspring of a Japanese kamikaze pilot who is also made of glass, and our best forward is so concerned about going bald that in between going 70 minutes without touching the footy, he spends the interim smoothing his hair over the car parks. FYI Larks it's not growing back brother. Shave it now and get some confidence back into you.

Footy has been really ****ing hard to watch for several years now. I just want some joy out of my weekends. I want to love these blokes again. Now I'm just tolerating them. An overwhelming feeling of sadness. I want the season to be over and I want to not have to watch these ****ing muppets for six months. Shoot me. **** sake. It's made all the more worse by having to listen to Brad Johnson gurn his way through a commentary session, and Sarah Jones and the fellas actively barracking for Darcy to kick 10.

Hawthorn are going to Human Centipede us.

lol. Some of the “he wasn’t bad” mentions in OP are ridiculous. Stephens? Are you ****ing kidding me? He gets knocked off the ball EVERY time. He has NO contest game. Even when against a small outside running player. Weakest player in the comp. What’s the ****ing point of being in the spot he “needs to be” if the dogs just knocked him off it? Useless weak crab

I thought Tucker tried hard. Seemed to be in and around the footy more than anyone else. This is an understandably low bar.

Scott was constantly an option when our idiotic players hemmed themselves into a corner. Runs all day. Glad he has signed. Doesn't stop putting in, ever. Never takes a short step. Always there or thereabouts.

McKercher actually tried to take the footy through the lines on a few occasions. I don't understand the criticism of him. He's a first year player who weighs about 75kg dripping wet throwing himself around and driving us off half back. He's a baby. Can't see it being his fault.

Simpkin has had his career ruined by Webster. He should dead set sue for lost earnings. A shadow of his former self, timid and fumbly, can't get out of a jog, can't chase anyone down, can't hit targets and can't pick it up. It is actually hard to watch.

LDU commands attention and likely a big pay packet. I understand his frustration and his desire for the team to get better but he has to play an active role in being the change he wishes to see.

Wardlaw looks off. He's not taking short steps but he's not running in straight lines. I am a little concerned. He played on Bontempelli all day, presumably as a lesson, and got taught one. Check back in Round 1 next year.

Mcdonald is terrible. A genuinely terrible footballer. He has been such a disappointment. He doesn't offer anything. He is an irredeemable, diabolically bad captain, who's kit bag consists of a long left foot piss bolt and ****ing nothing else. I hope the rumours of his exit being stage managed are true. He absolutely cannot be in this team Round 1 next year.

Kal Dawson is probably not going to make it, but losing Comben early didn't help him. The Dogs identified his man and went there time and time again. Kal just wasn't tall enough to make a difference.

Won't say much about our forwards as it wasn't there enough and our midfielders didn't do enough. Zurhaar isn't worth what we are paying him, and was never worth it. Ford is absolutely anonymous when we aren't on top and is good for about 16 minutes of footy a week. Larkey has to deal with three defenders every week. Teakle may as well not have played. Curtis ditto. Not sure what everyone sees in RHJ, and he's certainly not an LT replacement. He had a nice first quarter though.

I don't like playing against the Dogs because they always beat us. But it doesn't help that they get away with throws galore, they **** it out the front of stoppages and get away with it, and they celebrate goals when they're up by 90 points like they've just taken the lead in the last quarter of a grand final. They also seem to get the rub of the green in every single contest, especially out of the middle.
I also don't have any stats to back this up but it feels like they're the team that takes the piss against us (Khamis in the ruck, Bailey Williams as a full forward, et al) the most. It felt like they got the most piss weak set of free kicks today, over and over again.

We were really, really bad. This does nothing but strengthen Sheezel's AA case, if he's been the only thing between us and these beltings every week. We can't defend clearance, we can't defend turnover, we can't kick, we can't handball, we can't pressure, we can't move the ball quickly enough to put teams under heat, we have no active leaders, our best player is injured and our second best player is our ruckman who's easily negated when the umpires are drawing free kicks out of a weighted deck. Our best defender is the adopted offspring of a Japanese kamikaze pilot who is also made of glass, and our best forward is so concerned about going bald that in between going 70 minutes without touching the footy, he spends the interim smoothing his hair over the car parks. FYI Larks it's not growing back brother. Shave it now and get some confidence back into you.

Footy has been really *ing hard to watch for several years now. I just want some joy out of my weekends. I want to love these blokes again. Now I'm just tolerating them. An overwhelming feeling of sadness. I want the season to be over and I want to not have to watch these ****ing muppets for six months. Shoot me. * sake. It's made all the more worse by having to listen to Brad Johnson gurn his way through a commentary session, and Sarah Jones and the fellas actively barracking for Darcy to kick 10.

This post can’t be improved on.

Close thread.

Oh well, bad loss and on to the next one.

It really showed Sheezel's leadership. We need a couple more like him.

Hopefully Comben is okay. I'd rest him next week, either way, and have a look at Maley.

Some players were very disappointing with their effort. Particularly some of the designated leaders.

I seriously wonder whether the likes of McDonald, Simpkin, Zurhaar, Scott genuinely believe they do all they can at training and are training to the equivalent of senior players at other sides. Because **** they are flawed week in week out: at least Fisher & Corr have seen other clubs and the standard. Our blokes are kidding themselves if they think they’re working hard enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Footy has been really *ing hard to watch for several years now. I just want some joy out of my weekends. I want to love these blokes again. Now I'm just tolerating them. An overwhelming feeling of sadness. I want the season to be over and I want to not have to watch these ****ing muppets for six months. Shoot me. * sake. It's made all the more worse by having to listen to Brad Johnson gurn his way through a commentary session, and Sarah Jones and the fellas actively barracking for Darcy to kick 10.

Good summary,

Bobby dazzler might not be the next LT but he was the most creative creative fwd today by a mile.

Late nice mark by jy but sheesh the kick was horrendous

At least it’s over… and shortly this season too

lol. Some of the “he wasn’t bad” mentions in OP are ridiculous. Stephens? Are you ****ing kidding me? He gets knocked off the ball EVERY time. He has NO contest game. Even when against a small outside running player. Weakest player in the comp. What’s the ****ing point of being in the spot he “needs to be” if the dogs just knocked him off it? Useless weak crab
Oh **** me for trying to find some positives right mate. GFY.

I seriously wonder whether the likes of McDonald, Simpkin, Zurhaar, Scott genuinely believe they do all they can at training and are training to the equivalent of senior players at other sides. Because **** they are flawed week in week out: at least Fisher & Corr have seen other clubs and the standard. Our blokes are kidding themselves if they think they’re working hard enough.
It’s clear they don’t.

Lesser fitness, lesser skills, lesser agility, lesser composure when compared to other clubs.

All adds up to the complete cluster**** we see on a weekly basis.

Didnt watch it, I had this feeling it would be a 12 goal plus belting. Teams checked out for the year, injuries and rudderless on field leadership. It has to change, we arent getting there with Jy and Mcdonald.

and please Flawed Genius Simpkin has always been like that, he has always played this way. Has absolutely nothing to do with his concussion. NOTHING. Stop using it as an excuse for him. He is okay as the third mid behind a couple of big grunty blokes. He is useless otherwise

Is there any point in anybody else posting in this thread. There's nothing more to be said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy North vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back