Northern FL Division 2 - 2011 Pt 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the "Coach Of The Year" still going to be coaching at Eppin next season, or will the nay faction get there way? Heard a rumour that Port Colts might be calling!

Coaches Team Of The Year is up :thumbsu:

B: Tyrone Loader (Creek), Scott Morrison (Lalor), Josh Whitehouse-Summers (Creek)
HB: Matthew Rees (Mernda), Chris Horman (Thomastown), James Dau (Stars)
C: Jarrod King (Epping), Lionel Proctor (Stars), Steven Marshall (Lalor)
HF: Michael Khoury (Thomastown), Darcy Barden (Lower), Adrian Totino (Epping)
F: Michael Manley (Thomastown), Peter Shepherd (Lalor), Brett Gutterson (Creek)
R: Daniel Moore (Epping), Billy Barden (Lower), Taylor Veal (Creek)
I/C: Patrick Flynn (Lower), Nick Mafilovski (Lalor), Luke Simpson (Creek), Aaron Willitts (Epping)
Coach: Gary Ramsey (Lower)

Pretty good team there, happy that Reesy got in, had a pretty good year and I expect that he'd take out the Mernda B&F on Friday night...

Yeah I found that bizarre as well, especially when Thomastown had as many in the team.

Clearly some players picked on reputation!!! As good as Marshall and Mafilovski have been in previous seasons, they missed a large chunk of the season through injury. Graeme Brown and Clint Monger should have been in ahead of many of the players selected in that team. And Ben Gill had better season than Luke Simpson.

Lower Plenty which wins the flag, loses one game for the year can only get three reps in the team?

Bit like the thirds going through undefeated and not getting anyone invited to the comp presentation! Must be that old adage of a champion team v a team of champions!!:) Ahh well, three premiership will have to do us:)

Bit like the thirds going through undefeated and not getting anyone invited to the comp presentation! Must be that old adage of a champion team v a team of champions!!:) Ahh well, three premiership will have to do us:)

Brutal, in your opinion how will Lower go in 1st Divvy and Nth Heid in 2 Divvy, also what about Morang in 2nd Divvy .

Brutal, in your opinion how will Lower go in 1st Divvy and Nth Heid in 2 Divvy, also what about Morang in 2nd Divvy .

In my opinion and having watched a good 8 or so div 1 games this season. Lower Plenty could have won 5-6 div games this season! Div 2 sides are far more prepared for the jump in standard and I don`t think div 1 promotion is anything to feared these days. As an example, when we were promoted after winning the div 2 flag in 1999, we had very few if any home grown talent and in fact pretty much got there by recruiting from Lalor, Bundoora and some older Lower players. This time we have had between 16-18 research Juniors in the side every week and the side had an average age of about 21. There is much more improvement in this group and the fact that all three sides were Premiers would suggest our depth is spot on. We do like losing a few players through retirement and higher honours but I know the Football Ops have been talking to perspective recruits for a long time and we will have some quality players to add to the side. As to how many games we can win..........I think we would be aimimg for between 6-8, with 6 being fairly conservative! In regards to Nth Heidelberg, the side they had on the park this season would not have made Div 2 finals. I have been told that they look like losing atleast 1 or 2 of there best, so could not imagine them doing much better next season. Sth Morang might find it a bit tougher in div 2 due to the fact that Thommo, Hursty and Stars will be much more improved sides, so they`ll need to recruit well.

In my opinion and having watched a good 8 or so div 1 games this season. Lower Plenty could have won 5-6 div games this season! Div 2 sides are far more prepared for the jump in standard and I don`t think div 1 promotion is anything to feared these days. As an example, when we were promoted after winning the div 2 flag in 1999, we had very few if any home grown talent and in fact pretty much got there by recruiting from Lalor, Bundoora and some older Lower players. This time we have had between 16-18 research Juniors in the side every week and the side had an average age of about 21. There is much more improvement in this group and the fact that all three sides were Premiers would suggest our depth is spot on. We do like losing a few players through retirement and higher honours but I know the Football Ops have been talking to perspective recruits for a long time and we will have some quality players to add to the side. As to how many games we can win..........I think we would be aimimg for between 6-8, with 6 being fairly conservative! In regards to Nth Heidelberg, the side they had on the park this season would not have made Div 2 finals. I have been told that they look like losing atleast 1 or 2 of there best, so could not imagine them doing much better next season. Sth Morang might find it a bit tougher in div 2 due to the fact that Thommo, Hursty and Stars will be much more improved sides, so they`ll need to recruit well.

1999 - Kevin Dale Elms... The difference. (North not even mentioned in your recruiting...?!?)

North will be tough to beat - Size such as Dave Florence and Jason Dean will be hard to match up on, the team was smashed with injury. Shouldn't be underestimated... Very even year this year in Div 1, i think you guys will be fine, 8 wins may be a task but why not shoot for the stars... I think Eltham will have to improve (being a finals side in 2010 shows how much the competition has lifted in the past 12 months, they are a good side) and Whittlesea might have 2nd year blues (Hard to get that enthusiasm and buzz into the second pre-season with their 2nds and 19's struggling, but they did finish strong...?!?) but the remaining sides all had finals chances up to round 17. Div 2 will be very even, If south Morang can maintain the youth their future will be bright and nice rivalries between Epping, Lalor, North and Diamond Creek will be brought back to life. Fitzroy Stars came home strong... I think the entire competition is fantastic at the moment... local footy at its best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lower Plenty could have won 5-6 div games this season!
I think we would be aimimg for between 6-8, with 6 being fairly conservative

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back