Northern FL Division 3 - 2011 Pt 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Typical Lower Plenty Brutal, so shallow that two first year players are promised Vice Captaincy and Leadership group, just to get them there. What about some older blokes that have done the club loyalty??? What I hear is that the Bardens etc run the club??

Also, Dont we stab our old legends in the back once they leave, alful lot of shit youve been putting on Super????

Yes Epping know all about rewarding there loyal players, dont they?? All but one of our leadership group across all three sides is a product of our junior development partner, Research Junior Football Club! 16 of our juniors dismantled Epping on Saturday! Perhaps if Epping showed a better attitude to those in there own backyard including LOYALTY, then they would not be in the position they are now. As for Super, he`s been a fantastic contributor to Lower and did a great job with the thirds a couple of seasons back and we were first to encourage him and congratulate him on his role at Epping! End of story!!

Morang by 12 goals plus hmmm

Had a great day at the past players day catching up with a lot of my past playing mates.. the club would have had a great day as well with a 2 wins and good to see the 19s up and about again.. they have some greta kids who will gell and becoame very competative.

Was great to catch up with the tres who is still working his asre off holding the place together as usual. should be a good year for the lions..

I will do my best to get to a few more games

Had a great day at the past players day catching up with a lot of my past playing mates.. the club would have had a great day as well with a 2 wins and good to see the 19s up and about again.. they have some greta kids who will gell and becoame very competative.

Was great to catch up with the tres who is still working his asre off holding the place together as usual. should be a good year for the lions..

I will do my best to get to a few more games
MP, its a shame the club doesnt do a 'phone around or mail out to ex players and officials. I would of loved to attended but if you dont know when and where, it makes it a bit hard.

Round 3 thoughts:

Watsonia vs. Reservoir
The Sainters were expected to be more competitive than they have so far been while the Mustangs maybe were surprised a bit last game. The Mustangs will be finals contenders again this year and will get the points comfortably here.
Heidelberg West vs. South Morang
It looks like it might be another long season for the Hawks while the Lions will be more than competitive once their foreign legion gels. Expect the Lions to have a big win here.
Parkside vs. St. Marys
The Devils were impressive in their first outing while the Saints have had too cool their heels for two weeks after their opening round win. Can't see the Devils dropping this one especially with their improved line-up.
Panton Hill - Bye
The premiership favourites get to work off all those Easter chocolates before a big game in Round 4.

Tips for this week

Ressa only just against Watsonia in the match of the round.
South Morang easily against West
Parkside should account for StMary's at home, looking forward to seeing there improved line up on last years side though

Good luck to all, Go devils! :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure how Brad Hockey was named best on for Parkside against St. Mary's. Jamie Gresham was by far and away the standout. And Dallas King kicks 5 goals and doesn't even get a mention in the best. WTF?

Well Yes I suppose I have then but it was just dissapointing that it was so poor both ways !

Agreed. It was a great contest all day played in good spirit and to have the final outcome decided by disgraceful umpires decisions took a bit of the shine off the day. Ressa gifted 2 goals in the last few minutes by poor umpiring :thumbsdown:

Agreed. It was a great contest all day played in good spirit and to have the final outcome decided by disgraceful umpires decisions took a bit of the shine off the day. Ressa gifted 2 goals in the last few minutes by poor umpiring :thumbsdown:

agreed the last one i just dont know where it came from i do think we got a raw deal earlier .... umpire who did the reverse free kick for a apparent abuse from coaching staff ....especially when no one actually swore ....
game played in good spirits little guy no 17 i think on wing played a good game ....

Watch Heidelberg West vs Reservoir Rd 1, I know it was 3 weeks ago but I've only been able to post now. They were clearly missing Young and Osborne from last year, but thought that #42 I think it was played down back for them was good. Very courageous took a few good grabs, has got good skill. Is a find :thumbsu:

How were the last 2 goals gifted??
the first goal came over the back of the pack and was dribbled along the ground great n the last goal number 3 got tackled to high.... How were they gifted???

Really good effort from the West boys on saturday. Had the lead at half time and 15 points down at 3/4 time but fitness killed us in the last quater. Good to see our captain Matty Cam back for his first game this year doing his best with 3 goals and a number of tackles.

Our new recruits are starting to look really solid aswell with David Fowler seemingly taking every mark possible and the Fonua boys fitting in really well.

This week will be a big test and we will really see where we are at.

Round 3 Tipping Leader board

Harry - 3 (8)
Erik - 2 (7)
Grubby 2 (6)
OBF - 2 (6)
Devious - 2 (6)
CH - 3 (6)
Chet - 3 (6)

If you miss your tips you get the Away teams any new tippers who join late, start on the away teams score (Away Teams - 2 (5))

How were the last 2 goals gifted??
the first goal came over the back of the pack and was dribbled along the ground great n the last goal number 3 got tackled to high.... How were they gifted???

If you think that last tackle was high you must have been wearing yellow :confused:
The other was from a great spoil which he then marked and when the free kick was awarded he asked what it was for and got 50 metres. But as BigMan2007 said there was a dubious one against Ressa earlier in the game.

agreed the last one i just dont know where it came from i do think we got a raw deal earlier .... umpire who did the reverse free kick for a apparent abuse from coaching staff ....especially when no one actually swore ....
game played in good spirits little guy no 17 i think on wing played a good game ....

Yeh no 17 has been having a good season so far

Not sure how Brad Hockey was named best on for Parkside against St. Mary's. Jamie Gresham was by far and away the standout. And Dallas King kicks 5 goals and doesn't even get a mention in the best. WTF?

Not sure how anyone from Parkside could honestly put their hand and accept the were in the best. Most of them were too interested in sniping and cowardly punches from behind. Can clearly see why they're in Div 3 and unlikely to ever move - unlike St Marys who have the potential to go places. Still unskilled, but fought out the game all day and didn't give up. A young team and club who look like they are going places.

Not sure how anyone from Parkside could honestly put their hand and accept the were in the best. Most of them were too interested in sniping and cowardly punches from behind. Can clearly see why they're in Div 3 and unlikely to ever move - unlike St Marys who have the potential to go places. Still unskilled, but fought out the game all day and didn't give up. A young team and club who look like they are going places.
Yeah good one **** head. No cowardly punches just a bunch of w***ers in the crowd from St marys being sooks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back