Northern Football League Div 1 - CLOSED

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Northern Football League Div 1

Mont made the Bergs look second rate, actually third rate. Good on em.

The Bergers need that, good dose of reality and might make some blokes think about doing the team thing instead of the me thing. Too many big heads. Getting slapped like that will bromg on some soul searching.

120 slabs? Massive crowd. Good day at the dung hill besides getting flogged.

Game was originally scheduled at H’Berg.. thank God it moved back to the stamp... broke the record yesterday, 120 slabs over the bar. Correct me if I am wrong ippa but I think previous was 110 against the Slime on a Sunday

(it all went to Kingy… worth every cent!!!) :D:D
So I take it Monty’s fear that the change of venue would cost them money due to lower than usual turn out didn't eventuate?

So I take it Monty’s fear that the change of venue would cost them money due to lower than usual turn out didn't eventuate?

Thats was a crock if ever I have heard it.

Zac took liberty to promote the game using local media not for fear of loss but more for shameless attempt to simply get more there and hence maximise profit.

I have no problem with this at all - It is exactly what a club should do, but there should never have been any genuine fear as game was re-scheduled 6 weeks prior , not 6 six day prior.

What i can't understand is the apparent welshing of a bet by The Boof :eek: , Maybe he went to the wrong venue ??? :p

I saw a Heidelberg supporter, who I assume to be the Boof, waiting outside the Monty rooms with a slab.

First and foremost congrats to Mont. As A Living God pointed out I was in fact standing outside the Mont rooms with a slab. I arrived whilst the coach was addressing the players and remained for about 15mins thereafter. As far as I’m concerned it’s your well won slab condelini and I’m happy to either deliver it during the week or we can make it double or nothing come round 11. Either is fine by me.

Regards

does anyone else have a comment about the nfl website what a disgrace!! results from one game thru in div 1, everything this league does seems to screw up. no wonder it lags behind the eastern and essendon league by a long way:thumbsu:

Word is that big Lance only lasted a quarter for Lalor against Diamond Creek? Without him in their side on a regular basis I think the young bloods side will struggle to win many more games?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First and foremost congrats to Mont. As A Living God pointed out I was in fact standing outside the Mont rooms with a slab. I arrived whilst the coach was addressing the players and remained for about 15mins thereafter. As far as I’m concerned it’s your well won slab condelini and I’m happy to either deliver it during the week or we can make it double or nothing come round 11. Either is fine by me.

Regards

thanks mate,either tuesday or thursday nite at training probly thursday if thats ok

I think J&B might be mistaken, I'm sure I saw somebody in a Heidelberg beanie holding slab outside the monty rooms as the song was sung.

I was there too, the joint was packed and we were getting dirty looks. J&B are you the Montmorency runner? Being a runner has always been a dream of mine could you give me some advice? Regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE ONLY JESTER
does anyone else have a comment about the nfl website what a disgrace!! results from one game thru in div 1, everything this league does seems to screw up. no wonder it lags behind the eastern and essendon league by a long way:thumbsu:

thanks ALG, but there are still many missing best players and goal kickers. you would have thought that the league could have got that information before putting this document out - even the monty information is missing and that was on the radio! didnt the league have the same old excuse of blaming technical difficulties before when the information wasnt available on the website after rounds one and two? this new administration and the new media people sure arent earning the big $$$$s that they are being paid. all the other leagues have the full results available and ive just checked and they are all in the sun newspaper except ours. makes our league look pretty poor dont you think?

Fair play to Monty, they were up and about, No excuses from the Bergers, just need to kick ourselves in the ass a bit and WAKE UP. Maybe Mont are the real deal???

BTW The Boof was definately there with his slabs... no one seemed to what them though, perhps on the pretence of maintaining their anonymity...

Word is that big Lance only lasted a quarter for Lalor against Diamond Creek? Without him in their side on a regular basis I think the young bloods side will struggle to win many more games?

I went to watch this game and the ground is ROCK HARD.
When you play there take a trowel as it is like concrete

Warm beer and humble pie at Para Rd - both hard to swallow for Tigers supporters.
Full credit to Mont in all grades. They were primed and pumped for the challenge. Heidelberg reserves were the only ones to give a whimper.
The upside is its only April.

Full credit to mont played well! Missing from the tigers

*Murphy
*Houlihan
*Zantuck

handy inclusions !( I know who I'd have my hard earned on come finals !:D)

Heidelberg SMASHED CONVINCINGLY!

Mont in second gear!

Mont with two still to come into side (all will be revealed round 11)

Mont winners in all three games

Plunketts with not much to smile about
icon12.gif

Heidelberg need to get rid of the artificial heart thats being runing the club for the last 4 years
icon10.gif

Heidelberg SMASHED CONVINCINGLY!

Mont in second gear!

Mont with two still to come into side (all will be revealed round 11)

Mont winners in all three games

Plunketts with not much to smile about
icon12.gif

Heidelberg need to get rid of the artificial heart thats being runing the club for the last 4 years
icon10.gif

Ippa you are an absolute tool. Great to have a convinving win but it is only round two champ. The Heidelberg side will be completely different when you add Murphy, Zantuck, Houlihan, Kennedy, Laing, Dowdy and others into the side. But feel free to carry on like you are a world beater, because come the end of the year, round two counts for nought.

Is the artifical heart you talk about from the last 4 years the same one that has resulted in three premiership flags?

Great effort by Mont on Saturday, but as they would know probably better than anyone (include Bundoora there as well) that no flags are given out this time of year.

Don't get me wrong, Heidelberg were completely outplayed in nearly every position on the ground (Jake Williams was absolutely brilliant), Mont were more committed and a lot more desperate. But as been mentioned here earlier, hopefully the sleeping dragon has been awoken.

Let's not dwell on who was missing, the Bergers need to turn their attention to an in-form Northcote Park at home this week where the flags will be unfurled.

It’s not so much how one behaves when one wins but how one behaves when one looses that reveals the roots of ones character.

Regards

Under the circumstances, disagree. Realistic solutions Jester not problems.

Regards

Let's not dwell on who was missing, the Bergers need to turn their attention to an in-form Northcote Park at home this week where the flags will be unfurled.

Will be an interesting game, Cougars are underatted by the fans and there own team. Soon as they realise this they could do some damage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back