Northern Football League Division 1 - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if u know the story why dont u enlighten us? instead of spreading inuendo about something u probably no nothing about.

Was not at the kennell today but apparently someone that looks like saul caddy played for the doggies. It's qiute funny how some people get on these forums and doctor fact from fiction, if u are going to post something on this forum at least make it informative and productive for the league instead of making it, and more importantly yourselves look like a basket case.
icon6.gif

Heard Greenvale want 8000 transfer fees to cover everything. North won't do it so Saul has said he won't play footy for the rest of the year

Also heidelberg just paid 50k for the transfer for buddy franklin which was accepted by hawthorn. Seriously mate get ur head out of ur chaminda vaas.

north had a good win over lalor.will be playing finals lalor,you heard it here first:)
caddy and martello both played,martello was very good.
harvey with another seven as did whitnall

Heidelberg defeated WPL by about 20 goals. Tigers sensational, they keep getting better. Deangelis 6 goals.

Heidelberg defeated WPL by about 20 goals. Tigers sensational, they keep getting better. Deangelis 6 goals.

having seen heidelberg over recent weeks would have to say that, excluding those high profile recruits - whitnall, zantuck, shaw and now caddy - that deangelis would be the recruit of the year in the league. he certainly adds a new dimension to the heidelberg team. also thought that rovere at bundorra would have had a big influence but has been injured.

having seen heidelberg over recent weeks would have to say that, excluding those high profile recruits - whitnall, zantuck, shaw and now caddy - that deangelis would be the recruit of the year in the league. he certainly adds a new dimension to the heidelberg team. also thought that rovere at bundorra would have had a big influence but has been injured.

Donato Deangelis, the "Big D", has been a revelation this season. He is a match winner.

Shane Harvey best recruit by a counrty mile have a look

Donato Deangelis, the "Big D", has been a revelation this season. He is a match winner.

Couldnt agree more Kilmore. Deangelis tore the Bulls apart last week from what I saw. Dont know how he has been for the rest of the season but seems to pop up in the Bergs best week in week out. Never seen a big unit like that move so well and use the ball perfect every time. Has a big presence on the field. Where did he come from?

Shane Harvey also very good, actually, probably better than that for the Doggies this year. He and Deangelis would be the best recruits for the year along with Lance who has ignited Lalor. Brayden Shaw has been good at Bundoora too.

Interesting game in a fortnight between Lalor and Bundoora. Will probably be fighting it out for 4th spot later in the year, could be an 8pt game. Bulls sill massively torn apart by some big name injuries, so if they can hold on till they get them back later in the year they should sneak in.

Diamo are gone. If they cant get within that against half a Bulls side then I cant see them winning any other games. Might sneak a lucky one somewhere but will be too late if they do.

Bergs starting to play some good footy, and with a full list becoming available and a few better players working their way into the season are looking very dangerous. Look for them to take revenge on Mont when they meet for the second time on a bigger ground and eventually I cant see anyone beating them in the big one again, unless some massive injuries hit them.

Anyone elses thoughts on who will win it, who will be relegated, and who are the players in the nfl this year that have impressed?

Greenvale want back the 3K they paid P Colts.

As per with Big SC there is an alleged story behind the move.

Greenvale paid port colts nothing for saul, so your ill informed buddy.
Great to see the bif fella bach with nth and with in the next few weeks when he settles in he will set up a great partnership with shane harvey and give the doggies a real crack at another flag.

Eltham vs Montmorency, good game of football, but in the end Mont just too good, but I have to say that is the worst display of umpiring I have ever come across. How can an umpire, which first of all backed up from the reserves so he is no good anyway, pluck free kicks out of the crowd yelling abuse at him saying things such as "2 teams out there umpire"? He did it twice and said "free kick to Mont, abuse from the crowd"??? I'd love to hear your explanation this time whistle blower or yellowboy?

Anyone elses thoughts on who will win it, who will be relegated, and who are the players in the nfl this year that have impressed?

Few Bergers people (kilmore, drederick, boof et al) getting back to their arrogant best. Predictions of flags and the greatest recruits ever. Never thought i would say this but Go Mont. (Or Norf for that matter). Something about chickens and hatching comes to mind..............

Great game down at the Slime Pit yesterday. Boro continuing on the great pressure and attack that saw them in front of Mont at half time the week before. Cougars had no answers when the crunch came in the last and the Slime boys ran away with a comfortable win. Still a few to come back in the team too- may still surprise a few more teams before the year is out.

In relation to Drederick's questions:
Monty-flag (supported by 8 other teams in the comp on GF day).:D
Bergers- runners up (The arrogance, the hype, the star recruits- all for nothing).
Norf 3rd

The battle is on for 4th-
Bundy and Team Whitnall (Lalor) at the moment look to be fighting for it (those Whitnall boys can't agree on anything!!!!!)
But.......... Eltham have a handy percentage and a minor miracle may see them sneak in. Doubt Northcote can make it and Boro's percentage is too poor (equivalent of another game).

Relegation between Diamo and West. Diamo certainly have dropped off substantially. Don't know about West. Slime play them this week so may be able to get a gauge on them then. West did beat Bundy but that may have been one out of the box.

Couple of cracking matches this week could see some close results.......

Go Slime:thumbsu:

eltham Vs Montmorency, Good Game Of Football, But In The End Mont Just Too Good, But I Have To Say That Is The Worst Display Of Umpiring I Have Ever Come Across. How Can An Umpire, Which First Of All Backed Up From The Reserves So He Is No Good Anyway, Pluck Free Kicks Out Of The Crowd Yelling Abuse At Him Saying Things Such As "2 Teams Out There Umpire"? He Did It Twice And Said "free Kick To Mont, Abuse From The Crowd"??? I'd Love To Hear Your Explanation This Time Whistle Blower Or Yellowboy?

Laws Of Australian Football (as Adopted By The Northern Football League)

Where a League appointed umpire is verbally abused by officials, interchange players or supporters in the proximity of the coach’s box the following is to apply:
In the first instance of such abuse one of the field umpires should warn the officials in the coaches box (“bench”). If the abuse occurs again the field umpires is to stop the match and award a free kick to the other club.
A free kick for can only be awarded due to abuse by persons in the vicinity of the bench and inside the fence.
Did one of the two frees which your talking about happened right in front of the Eltham's bench, I was too far away to hear the umpire said but I had no idea what the free was for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Few Bergers people (kilmore, drederick, boof et al) getting back to their arrogant best. Predictions of flags and the greatest recruits ever. Never thought i would say this but Go Mont. (Or Norf for that matter). Something about chickens and hatching comes to mind..............

In relation to Drederick's questions:
Monty-flag (supported by 8 other teams in the comp on GF day).:D
Bergers- runners up (The arrogance, the hype, the star recruits- all for nothing).
Norf 3rd

Be realistic about judging a whole club by a select few Boro.Having played in the bad times as well as the good if the club is enjoying a few good years i think they are entitled to be happy like you would be.Heidelberg respects all clubs and realise just how good Monty is and knows its going to have to play its best footy to beat Mont.They touched us up by 10 Goals and me personally i think there team has a great opportunity to not only be successful this year but many to come.:thumbsu:

Eltham vs Montmorency, good game of football, but in the end Mont just too good, but I have to say that is the worst display of umpiring I have ever come across. How can an umpire, which first of all backed up from the reserves so he is no good anyway, pluck free kicks out of the crowd yelling abuse at him saying things such as "2 teams out there umpire"? He did it twice and said "free kick to Mont, abuse from the crowd"??? I'd love to hear your explanation this time whistle blower or yellowboy?

ok.... First of all if he has come out of the reserves then chances someone has pulled out at the last minute. This is very uncommon for someone to double up into 'A' grade (happens more often in C & B).

Secondly although Kevin Smith has adopted the idea that the best umpires are in Div 1 more often, he is still rotating them into Div 2.
3 out of the last 4 'A1' Grand final umpires were in Div 2 this week out on 'rotation'. This would be due to the fact that the games in Div 1 were not that close on the ladder.

As for the free kicks, Kevin Smith has instructed umpires to 'ping' coaches boxes that abuse. HOWEVER some common sense needs to be applied in this situation. Something that a 'B' grade umpire does not have.

The fact is sides in the top 4 of A1, who are playing each other are the only games guaranteed of getting a good pair of umpires. Most other games its luck of the draw.

ok.... First of all if he has come out of the reserves then chances someone has pulled out at the last minute. This is very uncommon for someone to double up into 'A' grade (happens more often in C & B).

Secondly although Kevin Smith has adopted the idea that the best umpires are in Div 1 more often, he is still rotating them into Div 2.
3 out of the last 4 'A1' Grand final umpires were in Div 2 this week out on 'rotation'. This would be due to the fact that the games in Div 1 were not that close on the ladder.

As for the free kicks, Kevin Smith has instructed umpires to 'ping' coaches boxes that abuse. HOWEVER some common sense needs to be applied in this situation. Something that a 'B' grade umpire does not have.

The fact is sides in the top 4 of A1, who are playing each other are the only games guaranteed of getting a good pair of umpires. Most other games its luck of the draw.

Well said my yellow colleague. I would also like to state that new rules this year allow umpires to pay a free kick against the coaches for abusive language. There is also a 'grey area' that the coaches box also extends beyond the box so that if abusive is in the vicinity of the box, a free kick could be paid. It would want to be fairly abusive though.

As umpires we know there are always two teams out there and would suggest that would not be worthy of a free kick.

I can confirm there were at least two pullouts for umpires in div 1 while again some of the G/F umpires were on rotation.

Saw both firsts and seconds and had only 3 cans for the day.

Didn't think that any umpire doubled up unless you're talking boundary or goal, but then they don't award free kicks.:confused:

Apart from that - "NO COMMENT".

Laws Of Australian Football (as Adopted By The Northern Football League)

Did one of the two frees which your talking about happened right in front of the Eltham's bench, I was too far away to hear the umpire said but I had no idea what the free was for.

Yes right in front of the Eltham coaches box, however it was not anyone within the box or any official that yelled the abuse towards the umpire. I understand and agree yellow man and boy that if abuse is being hurled from the box then yes a free kick should be awarded, however the rules state that a warning should be given, which no warning was given to the box and instead a free kick paid straight away, which stating again the abuse did not come from within the box. Back to the reserves for that fella I feel, and proabaly wont be coming up anytime soon if ever again.

Saw both firsts and seconds and had only 3 cans for the day.

Didn't think that any umpire doubled up unless you're talking boundary or goal, but then they don't award free kicks.:confused:

Apart from that - "NO COMMENT".

Fair call, only responding to a comment posted stating the umpire doubled up.

To answer another question: If the abusive is minimal, then a warning should be given. However, if it is serious abuse then a warning does not need to be given. Not being at the ground I can't qualify what was said, only give interpretations that should be followed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingDongBell
Shane Harvey best recruit by a counrty mile have a look

shoestring, yes agree that harvey is performing very well, but i think you have missed the basis of my point.
i was excluding those players into the league that have played at a much higher level, like the afl, which harvey has.
i was just looking at those players that have been playing at local and country leagues that have come into the competition and made an impact. as another example the plyer from west preston, baker i think he was, who won the goal kicking a couple of seasons ago.
any other new payers into the league from other leagues that are playing well at the moment? :eek:

I agree with you DDB, DeAngelis is definatly a player worth watching. He has a tremendous workrate for a man of his size, his 2nd and 3rd efforts at any contest are almost expected and his aggression at the footy is second to none. Heidelberg pounced as soon as he was on the market and wisely so... as there was at least one other club who wanted his services, and missed out by a matter of hours. I would have 1 DeAngelis to 10 Ty Zantucks any day of the week.

North seem to have covered all bases with Florence, Harvey and now Caddy. Harvey is just so hard to match up on, as he plays alot taller than his 5"9 or so frame suggests so each team is given the same predicament... Do you put a taller versatile type player on him in the hope that he can run with Harvey and match it (or at least break even) with him with contested footy in the air, or do you play a similar sized opponent on him that may be able to run with him, but will be no match for him overhead. What also makes him dangerous is he always knows where the goals are, and usually finds them with minimal fuss. He is a rare talent indeed, and will play a huge part in any success North may have this year. Throw in Jarrod King, The Ryan Brothers, Caddy, Bramich, Martello, Florence and Trent Scannell and they have the makings of a side that could rock the boat come the buisness end of the year.

north had a good win over lalor.will be playing finals lalor,you heard it here first:)
caddy and martello both played,martello was very good.
harvey with another seven as did whitnall
I don't know which game you were at champ but caddy played a very good game too. When the game was in the balance Caddy went on the ball and controlled the game for most of the second half Martello and Caddy worked well together in my opinion both were the back bone of nth for a long time. Any side who can send a bloke of Caddy's size [as Deangelo from H'berg]on ball and turn a game is a massive chance at a flag. The game i was at Caddy kicked Two and give four off Caddy harvey king Martello Florence and Moore
are Nth s key.

Fair call, only responding to a comment posted stating the umpire doubled up.

To answer another question: If the abusive is minimal, then a warning should be given. However, if it is serious abuse then a warning does not need to be given. Not being at the ground I can't qualify what was said, only give interpretations that should be followed.

SERIOUSLY START UP AN UMPIRE THREAD.WHO GIVES A RATS A....R....S...E... ABOUT UMPIRES.tHEY DO THERE JOB SOME ARE GOOD AND A LOT SLEEP WITH THE LIGHT ON. MOST UMPIRES ARE BLOKES WHO STRUGGLED TO GET A KICK IN THE short people.A FEW HAVE CHARACTER AND THEY MAKE A GAME INTERESTING

YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT NAME CALLING NOW....... TUFFEN UP CHAMP.

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE DAYS WHEN YOU TOLD THE UMPIRE TO GO AND DRIVE A TRUCK AND HE RESPONED IN THE SAME MANNER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back