Northern Football League Division 1 - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yellowman/Whistleblower,

Do the reserves umpires performances get looked over at all? I know they are at the bottom of our 'talent pool' (more like 'cess pit') and are just making up numbers but c'mon, some of them are an absolute disgrace. Would be better of doing it like we did at primary school and paying our own free kicks as they happen.

I felt sorry for the players of both teams during the Mont v Bundoora reserves game on Saturday. They had to put up with two of the worst umpires you will ever see. Then, after the match, the older one had a Monty Football Club top on!
The only thing the older one did right all day was not be as terrible as the younger one, which was pretty much impossible.

Where do you find them? Or do they come to you?

Is there an Umpire screening test? If so, I would love to see it.

Under K.Smith the following applies:

A Div 1 - Panel of select umpires of rotate every 4-6 weeks into div 2
A Div 2 - Panel of remainder of A grade umpires who rotate 3-4 weeks into B grade

B Grade - basically whatever umpiring stocks we have left. Up and coming umpires get looked at and observed. To Kevin's credit he is making an effort to see more umpires every weekend, where the old regime only appeared to care about the A grade panel.

Hope this helps.

Putting aside the argument umpires are not being paid enough to attract a healthy size pool (no disrespect), I believe the number one key performance criteria of an umpire, at this point in time, should be positioning.

From the limited games I see it is generally because of the position in play of the field umpire(s) that directly contributes to poor decisions creating frustration amongst the players and dissatisfaction amongst the supporters.

Perhaps umpires could be videoed, a whole game is not necessary, for training purposes regarding this issue. Please let it be or can someone at least advise as to what proactive measures are being taken to negate this issue.

Regards

This has been high on our agenda with our coaching sessions and umpires should be further from play, to open up their field of vision.
Trouble is perhaps like clubs, we only see the top blokes and then some of the seconds umpires who come to training, coaching and lectures.

This has been high on our agenda with our coaching sessions and umpires should be further from play, to open up their field of vision.
Trouble is perhaps like clubs, we only see the top blokes and then some of the seconds umpires who come to training, coaching and lectures.

I know this is against any type of anonymity that you may wish to keep, but are you an umpire yourself? if so who?

The first question is obvious, but the second might be more interesting...

I hope that you are not the blonde tipped muppet who umpired the game between the Bloods and Bergers at the weekend, or else your enlightened prose might be somewhat laughable.:confused:

I know this is against any type of anonymity that you may wish to keep, but are you an umpire yourself? if so who?

The first question is obvious, but the second might be more interesting...

I hope that you are not the blonde tipped muppet who umpired the game between the Bloods and Bergers at the weekend, or else your enlightened prose might be somewhat laughable.:confused:

It is fair to assume that the yellowboy, yellowman & whistleblower are all umpires.

I can confirm that both yellowboy & yellowman are neither the umpire that you talk of.

Ok name a decision that you are unsure about..... again it would amaze me if they had any impact on the game when you kick 3 goals in the first qtr then only 5 for the rest of the game. Did north even have the ball?

were you one of the umpires at the game? if you weren't it would be a waste of time me talking about decisions that you had not seen.
since when do you have to have the ball to get a free kick.surely you
can get a free when you are going for the ball or when you have just
tackled someone.You being an umpire should know that.

were you one of the umpires at the game? if you weren't it would be a waste of time me talking about decisions that you had not seen.
since when do you have to have the ball to get a free kick.surely you
can get a free when you are going for the ball or when you have just
tackled someone.You being an umpire should know that.

No I was not and my post is responding to Fattyslim talking about a different game....And I was not at your game either and yes you can get a free kick off the ball. I should hope everyone in football knows that.

Putting aside the argument umpires are not being paid enough to attract a healthy size pool (no disrespect), I believe the number one key performance criteria of an umpire, at this point in time, should be positioning.

From the limited games I see it is generally because of the position in play of the field umpire(s) that directly contributes to poor decisions creating frustration amongst the players and dissatisfaction amongst the supporters.

Perhaps umpires could be videoed, a whole game is not necessary, for training purposes regarding this issue. Please let it be or can someone at least advise as to what proactive measures are being taken to negate this issue.

Regards

Like the suggestion Boof. Maybe Clubs that video the games ala Mont, Bergs, etc. could supply a copy of their videos to NFL Umpires for them to analyse. Of course they would have to edit any contentious (read reportable) incidents either for or against their Club. Would certainly have to be on an honourable basis and in confidence. Would this be expecting too much? At the end of the day we all want the umpiring of games to improve. This goes for all - field boundary and goal.:)

hi all,
i can understand ppls comments on umpiring, lets just say it is not hard to make an incorrect decision (for which the crowd go nuts) but blow me down over the w/end i actually had a player say i made the correct decision against his side.
a decision made is only ever going to be 50% right (dont see to many supporters/players saying they deserve the free)
one wonders who the heat will be on this time next week.
seems a club/person/siblings get bashed for a week then it disappears.
looking forward to next wecks rumours & scuttlebut

wb

hi all,
i can understand ppls comments on umpiring, lets just say it is not hard to make an incorrect decision (for which the crowd go nuts) but blow me down over the w/end i actually had a player say i made the correct decision against his side.
a decision made is only ever going to be 50% right (dont see to many supporters/players saying they deserve the free)
one wonders who the heat will be on this time next week.
seems a club/person/siblings get bashed for a week then it disappears.
looking forward to next wecks rumours & scuttlebut

wb
you have to love umpire bashing. its the one thing all supporters from different clubs agree on. from what i've seen the standard of the umpiring isnt as bad as the standard of the players running around in the seconds.i've only seen 2 good sides.lets hope the players get better as well as the umpires.now boof hows the tinnies going mate from what i've seen the opposition is hiding in the shadows.it makes you wonder whos undefeated.go tiges its going to be a big day.

now boof hows the tinnies going mate from what i've seen the opposition is hiding in the shadows.it makes you wonder whos undefeated.go tiges its going to be a big day.

What are you talking about??- the only two blokes that had slabs on the first round game from Mont where me and Condenali - and we both have slabs on this weeks game...

Me, with Teddy Bear - and Condi with Boof...

Boof I'll have a slab on the Unders as well if you like? ;)

you have to love umpire bashing. its the one thing all supporters from different clubs agree on. from what i've seen the standard of the umpiring isnt as bad as the standard of the players running around in the seconds.i've only seen 2 good sides.lets hope the players get better as well as the umpires.now boof hows the tinnies going mate from what i've seen the opposition is hiding in the shadows.it makes you wonder whos undefeated.go tiges its going to be a big day.

$500 the win mouth :eek:

$5000 and your car.

I don't have a car or the money but will happily accept.

On a serious note, we should have our strongest side for the year in Saturday so if we can't beat you then we will never beat you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

reading through the last few pages,i thought kerry packer was back from the grave,with the large amount of cash being splashed around.:D
could be an expensive weekend for some.then you have potentially the second semi and the grand final.
better keep your bank managers number handy some of you boys.

reading through the last few pages,i thought kerry packer was back from the grave,with the large amount of cash being splashed around.:D
could be an expensive weekend for some.then you have potentially the second semi and the grand final.
better keep your bank managers number handy some of you boys.
hey wowee $500. well i'm not going there but hey i'm willing to go a slab on each game. that includes the 19s , 2nds and seniors.one of us will win that way. keep me in the circle , i'm not going far and will be there selling on saturday.3 slabs sounds good that way we will all get something.maybe even share a few.

hey snakebite how come u didnt tell me u were a fisherman 2 have got a few bites what sort were they by the look of it they are dummy fish

The biggest home and away match in probably the NFLs history takes place this Saturday, Heidelberg v Mont.

Who is everyone tipping?

The game will be broadcast live on 88.6fm. What do you think about the leagues media coverage on radio and through The Northerner?

The biggest home and away match in probably the NFLs history takes place this Saturday, Heidelberg v Mont.

Who is everyone tipping?

The game will be broadcast live on 88.6fm. What do you think about the leagues media coverage on radio and through The Northerner?

bergers to win!!
the radio coverage aint much btter than the umpiring also needs work by the NFL

$500 the win mouth :eek:

Ippa – If I didn’t hold the view you may be an anarchist I’d take the 5 and raise you 5 :D Perish the thought of getting stung by one of the Mont lot :p Perhaps for the finals :rolleyes: Regardless,

Boof & conedelini 1 slab Seniors
snakebite & J&B 1 slab Reserves

Anybody else want on?

Regards

ps. vazie what’s going on bro. How’s the boys going?

Ippa – If I didn’t hold the view you may be an anarchist I’d take the 5 and raise you 5 :D Perish the thought of getting stung by one of the Mont lot :p Perhaps for the finals :rolleyes: Regardless,

Boof & conedelini 1 slab Seniors
snakebite & J&B 1 slab Reserves

Anybody else want on?

Regards

ps. vazie what’s going on bro. How’s the boys going?

Correction boof - as per an earlier arrangement I have two slabs on the seniors with Liquorman - who graciously has given me 40 points in.

I have nothing on the 2s and no interest in doing so - but did offer to have one on the under 19s with you.

That's where it's at.

Go Mont

Correction boof - as per an earlier arrangement I have two slabs on the seniors with Liquorman - who graciously has given me 40 points in.

I have nothing on the 2s and no interest in doing so - but did offer to have one on the under 19s with you.

That's where it's at.

Go Mont

Any changes to Mont's team J&B? I've got a wedding so i can't go unfortunately! :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back