Northern Football League Division 1 - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
... If you look at the top 3 in Div 1, there 19's (youth) are no good. ...

For the Clubs sake I wish yas well. However, it’s a pipe dream to think that in 2 to 3 years time Eltham Seniors will be serious contenders for a shot at title based on the premise the team will be predominately made up yesteryears Under 19’s. With injuries, disgruntled players, players recruited to other clubs, players not playing, blah, blah, blah. Crunch the numbers bro.

Example. Just the other day an old bloke from another Club told me they fielded two Under 19 teams in 2000. Today, none are playing football. A decade is f…all when it comes to history but long enough when it comes to empirical generalisations.

In the short term, I think you’ve got the bodies, however, you need to put-on some serious muscle or continue to be thrown around like rag dolls (no disrespect).

St Marys the Club to watch when it comes to juniors.

Regards

played in the game yesterday for diamond creek and it was a massive struggle. we had 18 blokes under 22 playing, including 14 under 20. the end of the season could not come quick enough.

not too worry, we have a good coach, some recruits on the way and a new ground and clubrooms to unvail, things are still looking pretty positive.

anyway enough of that. wanted to ask where heidelberg pulled deangelis from? he played the most complete game of footy i have seen yesterday. yes he was playing against boys, but christ he dominated from start to finish. would imagine that his reliance on his left foot was the only thing stopping him playing higher grades?

go creek, see ya back in this thread in 12 months.....hopefuly.

anyway enough of that. wanted to ask where heidelberg pulled deangelis from? he played the most complete game of footy i have seen yesterday. yes he was playing against boys, but christ he dominated from start to finish. would imagine that his reliance on his left foot was the only thing stopping him playing higher grades?

Played in the EFL last year for the struggling Donvale and won their best & fairest.

Watched the first quarter of North vs Mont yesterday and I think its safe to say Johnny Green won't be playing finals. As for the Heidelberg game, it was virtually the 19's playing with a couple of older heads so the result isn't really surprising. From what I gather they have had a shocking run with injurys but that's footy.

Check out the refurbished Heidelberg site:

http://www.heidelbergfc.com.au

Rat can you tell me exactly how bad the j green incident was.i assume you were right on ther fence,as i said previously i was well away from where it occured,i only saw him as he headed to the bench.
it's a big loss he really could be a dominant player in this comp if he set his mind too it.

Well lads, congrats on another quality Div 1 home and away season.

Disappointing way for the Slime to end the year. Went into the game just expecting to win and as we know in Div 1 if you underestimate someone or don't give your all you will be shown up. Congrats to west.

Still, great effort from the slime for the year over all. From Division 2 to 5th in Div 1 in only 2 years, not a bad effort and positive rebuilding signs for the club. Much to like at the Slime Pit and with some recruiting maybe they can finally break the stranglehold of the top 4 clubs in the finals. (And much to their shagrin, much better prospects than at Eltham:D)

Checked the results and unless i've had a few too many amber beverages, am i right in saying Diamond Creek scored one point in the first quarter and not at all for the rest of the match??? Wow.

Also a minor boilover with Eltham beating Northcote....

Monty flexed a little muscle today. Perhaps a better way to enter the finals than the Bergers? Time will tell.

Still think Norf will account for the Bulls this week but it may all be elemental as something would have to go drastically wrong for Mont or Bergers to miss the big one.

Early predictions:

Semi's:
Doggies by 4 goals.
Mont by 3 goals.

Prelim:
Heidelberg by 10 goals

THE BIG ONE:
Monty in Extra Time by 1 point! (Joffa best on ground, kendall best on the drink!)

2009 Ladder at Round 18:D
Monty
Heidelberg
Norf
Greensy ?????????????????????????????????
Bundy
Lalor
Northcote
Eltham
West Preston
Whittlesea

get ya hand off it boro boy ;)

Can someone please confirm the whisper that Creeks solitary point in yesterdays game was actually a rushed behind, and not scored off the boot of a Creek player.

If so, that would have to be a first in Divvy 1 as long as I can remember.

hey boof i heard whitey got reported in 1st q but go of it after the game what happened and how did he get off
not sure where the boof was, looking for a body for me no doubt, but bobo come to the head not the backside. loose lips sink ships. you just worry about the dogs at eltham this week. and boof , rat and i are still waiting.dont tell me your alter ego is shaken.

Regards[/quote]

At a meeting the other night and it is confirmed StMarys will have an under 19 side on the park next year. Don't expect much in the first year but when the next eight years promise/guarantee between sixty and eighty new players a year, then surely they must be taken seriously. Oh and the grand plan is a senior side in Northern with 3 years.

certainly were very poor today.have to learn to be more disciplined,i hardly ever see heidelberg and mont giving away 25 metre penalties,would not have been the difference today,but when you keep giving the opposition 25's,well it costs you.
hopefully d moore,d bramwich,b edwards,a assi and a martello will play next week.not sure if j green got reported but didn't see him today after he got sent off(think it was him,was well away from where i stood)
it's do or die next week boof,so i am sure they will throw everything at bundoora.all is not lost:thumbsu:

What the? :confused: Don't tell me Norf are back to their 'Good ole boys' form. What happened and is there any fallout because Bundy played some good footy with a strong midfield and now rogers, brown and whitnall clicking up forward, it should make for a great game on saturday.

Can someone please confirm the whisper that Creeks solitary point in yesterdays game was actually a rushed behind, and not scored off the boot of a Creek player.

If so, that would have to be a first in Divvy 1 as long as I can remember.
Correct - J Houlihan to be disciplined this week for conceding the rushed behind.

All jokes aside it was definitely a case of men vs boys. The Creek lads tried hard but the heavy conditions and the much bigger Tigers bodies took their toll. Bumped into Shannon Logan who indicated he has hung up the boots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At a meeting the other night and it is confirmed StMarys will have an under 19 side on the park next year. Don't expect much in the first year but when the next eight years promise/guarantee between sixty and eighty new players a year, then surely they must be taken seriously. Oh and the grand plan is a senior side in Northern with 3 years.

Like everything I see and hear about this club. While I can't see a changing of the guard just yet I do sense a new kid on the block sooner than later. Take em seriously? Yep!

Regards

Regards

Might be able to entice a few of their old boys to return (Ben Johnson, Nick Stevens etc)which would certainly stimulate some interest. Billy Price could be the major sponsor.

hey boof had a coffee with snakebite this morning and was telling me an interseting story and all he wants u 2 show him the bodycan u please explain

Rat can you tell me exactly how bad the j green incident was.i assume you were right on ther fence,as i said previously i was well away from where it occured,i only saw him as he headed to the bench.
it's a big loss he really could be a dominant player in this comp if he set his mind too it.

Bad enough to warrant a two week suspension. He swung the fist and connected nicely, unfortunately for Greeny the umpire was right behind him.

What the? :confused: Don't tell me Norf are back to their 'Good ole boys' form. What happened and is there any fallout because Bundy played some good footy with a strong midfield and now rogers, brown and whitnall clicking up forward, it should make for a great game on saturday.

no fallout as it was wasn't between the players,just abuse towards the umpires.no matter how bad the decision was,they have to be better,as i think despite north winning both games against bundoora this year,it will be a very close game Saturday and twenty five metre penalties can be costly.
north probably look like they aren't playing that well,but did play monty and heidelberg in two of the the last three weeks.
john green looks like missing big loss but the guys that missed saturday's game can hopefully fill the void.

re: the creek point
the behind was not rushed.

came at the five minute mark of the first quarter when heidelberg only had one goal on the board. came off the boot of alex vella who should of kicked the goal.

We only hadprobably five inside 50s of the day.

was robbed of a shot at goal in the last 5 minutes when one of heidelbergs blokes almost decapitated a creek bloke in a sheppard 15m from goal. robbed.

re: the creek point
the behind was not rushed.

came at the five minute mark of the first quarter when heidelberg only had one goal on the board. came off the boot of alex vella who should of kicked the goal.

We only hadprobably five inside 50s of the day.

was robbed of a shot at goal in the last 5 minutes when one of heidelbergs blokes almost decapitated a creek bloke in a sheppard 15m from goal. robbed.

100% correct Kid regarding the point...... Vell should have kicked the goal...

yeah he sure should of FTF.

quick question, noticed a bloke formally associated with creek standing on the bench on crutches. whats the story here? everything sweet?

quick question, noticed a bloke formally associated with creek standing on the bench on crutches. whats the story here? everything sweet?

Kid, is that formally or formerly associated with creek? It makes a big difference in what your question is all about, and who was the bloke in which you refer?

Spoke to him and he had a arthroscope last week..... All went well..... Luckily his playin days have been over for a number of years....:D

Might be able to entice a few of their old boys to return (Ben Johnson, Nick Stevens etc)which would certainly stimulate some interest. Billy Price could be the major sponsor.
wouldnt of thought bill price would become a major sponser, he will remain loyal too bundoora even though he is still connected to the junior side of the club :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back