Northern Football League Division 1 - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know how thommo are looking this year? big step up, have they got the goods?

I have not heard good things. I know for a fact they offered a few players big coin to play there, players who have not been proven as good senior div 1 players aswell. Only last week I heard they had made another offer on a divvy 2 player who held a regular senior spot but was far from dominant $400 a game and a guaranteed job.

Predictions for the year, i think northcote park, lalor, west preston will be the big improvers this year. comp bnf will be leigh grey goal kicking peter sheppard.

Stooge, who have the Bloods picked up?

a key defender from palmerston and an on baller from oak park and a heap of young blokes been getting 50+ to every training session all pre-season a heaps better position than last year. And our only loss is groth.

I have not heard good things. I know for a fact they offered a few players big coin to play there, players who have not been proven as good senior div 1 players aswell. Only last week I heard they had made another offer on a divvy 2 player who held a regular senior spot but was far from dominant $400 a game and a guaranteed job.

Not sure how any one would know for a fact except those trying to do the recruiting. I'v spoken to some in the know down there who told me they tried to recruit a few players but they all recieved better offers from other clubs, both within and outside the NFL. Probably not the easiest to recruit being the team coming up from div 2, alot may wait and see how they go. Anyway don't think Deano would let them pay $400+ a game. He'd want to make sure he got his $25000 first!

Not sure how any one would know for a fact except those trying to do the recruiting. I'v spoken to some in the know down there who told me they tried to recruit a few players but they all recieved better offers from other clubs, both within and outside the NFL. Probably not the easiest to recruit being the team coming up from div 2, alot may wait and see how they go. Anyway don't think Deano would let them pay $400+ a game. He'd want to make sure he got his $25000 first!

25K my arse! No coach would be paid that figure.Deano probably does it for free piss after the game every week.

I heard it straight from the horses mouth so to speak. I know of two players both offered $400 a game and one of them full time employment on top. Its not a massive amount in the grand scheme I know but the impression I got from the players was that T/town had an air of desperation about them.

25K my arse! No coach would be paid that figure.Deano probably does it for free piss after the game every week.

i would have to dissagree guru i remember a few years back when deano stormed out of a thomastown AGM demanding more coin. I heard thomastown paid for his $35,000 in ground pool.

Panther are a genuine chance to beat heidelberg this week and imo will go the whole year undefeated and will win the grand final by 100+ odd points.

GO PANTHER!!!
hey peter u have 2 be jokeing go the whole year undefeated and win gf by 100 point what ever drugs u are on u keep on them because u are a dill

Who will or can, anyone beat Heidelberg this year ?
Who and why

IMO i dont see many team comming within 5 goals of them, if anybodys going to give them a shake it'l either be monty, north heidelberg or maybe even bundoora. I don't see many teams matching there attack on the ball, speed and silky skills they show.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Panther are a genuine chance to beat heidelberg this week and imo will go the whole year undefeated and will win the grand final by 100+ odd points.

GO PANTHER!!!

PP I'd be more worried about keeping your new recruits and making sure they get paid so they stay. Have very good word from a number of players from last year who are still owed money and keep getting promised.

Heid in a canter.

Nth Heid the only team that will push Heid this year. Too many pretenders!!!!

I heard it straight from the horses mouth so to speak. I know of two players both offered $400 a game and one of them full time employment on top. Its not a massive amount in the grand scheme I know but the impression I got from the players was that T/town had an air of desperation about them.

Where did these players play last year? Any names?

More to the point, who won't or can't. At this point in time, my crystal ball indicates only 1 team. Thomastown (no disrespect).

Hmmmm, Still Playing with ya Crystal Balls Boof ?

No disrespect ( Do I need to insert a Boof trademark sign here?) , but Thommo may surprise a few teams that are lacking respect for them or in some way complacent in their approach to their team.

It may be true that they are lacking in ability, talent, skills, commitment, courage, height, weight, strength, discipline, focus and drive but apart from all that, they will still field a team of 22 players each week, so you will never know what might happen until the final siren sounds.

BTW, I believe that Thommo will only possibly win 2 games for season. 1 against Northcote Park and one against their neighbouring rivals - Lalor, but will be headed back to D2 in 2010 richer for the experience

Hmmmm, Still Playing with ya Crystal Balls Boof ?

No disrespect ( Do I need to insert a Boof trademark sign here?) , but Thommo may surprise a few teams that are lacking respect for them or in some way complacent in their approach to their team.

It may be true that they are lacking in ability, talent, skills, commitment, courage, height, weight, strength, discipline, focus and drive but apart from all that, they will still field a team of 22 players each week, so you will never know what might happen until the final siren sounds.

BTW, I believe that Thommo will only possibly win 2 games for season. 1 against Northcote Park and one against their neighbouring rivals - Lalor, but will be headed back to D2 in 2010 richer for the experience

So your saying thommo don't have a team? surely a squad coming up from div 2 will have some talent commitment and courage or they wouldnt bother playing this year with no commitment. Not sure where the discipline factor comes in? and also drive? o you honestly think they are coming up just to fill in the numbers or give it a good crack to stay in div 1

So your saying thommo don't have a team? surely a squad coming up from div 2 will have some talent commitment and courage or they wouldnt bother playing this year with no commitment. Not sure where the discipline factor comes in? and also drive? o you honestly think they are coming up just to fill in the numbers or give it a good crack to stay in div 1

What you said - Making up the numbers Buddy.:thumbsu:

Saw Thomastown play in 07 & 08 finals. I believe they will have a crack and account for themselves this season. No worries there. However, in as much as I rate them the likelihood of them taking a Heidelberg scalp is low.

Saw Thomastown play in 07 & 08 finals. I believe they will have a crack and account for themselves this season. No worries there. However, in as much as I rate them the likelihood of them taking a Heidelberg scalp is low.

IMO no team will get within 5 goals of heidelberg, but having seen this club with the group of players they have there not going to be push over to the likes of lalor,eltham,greensy,northcorte park and who knows who they may knock off durng the season, but for someone to say they have no commitment and all that other crap is just nonsense, goodluck to the bears in staying up in div 1 or atleast giving it a crack and proving alot of people wrong

Have they lost many blokes? Would the crew that won them the div 2 flag be good enough to keep them off the bottom in div 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back