Northern Football League Division 1 - Part llll

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumours are Nick Miller the youngster from Heidelberg has been dropped for the grand final.

He is 20 yrs old. Played 17 out of 18 home and away games and Semi Final.

If true......poor treatment. After being dropped for 2nd year running.

Good luck Bulls. All three games should be crackers with the first two being within a couple of goals, as for the ones, well Wonthaggi got beat last week.
:D

Rumours are Nick Miller the youngster from Heidelberg has been dropped for the grand final.

He is 20 yrs old. Played 17 out of 18 home and away games and Semi Final.

If true......poor treatment. After being dropped for 2nd year running.
Unfortunately a fact. Sentiment has outweighed logic & form. Replaced by ageing warrior Hall in probably his farewell appearance for the Tigers. Miller a fine young footballer and citizen.

Wouldn't blame him for moving on after consecutive senior G/F omissions. Would be a good get for any club.

Unfortunately a fact. Sentiment has outweighed logic & form. Replaced by ageing warrior Hall in probably his farewell appearance for the Tigers. Miller a fine young footballer and citizen.

Wouldn't blame him for moving on after consecutive senior G/F omissions. Would be a good get for any club.

Will definently be offering the young bloke a life line (can play).In fact may even call him now!

Imagine that 17 out of 18 and dropped to make way for an out dated old man.:thumbsdown: go bulls

Will definently be offering the young bloke a life line (can play).In fact may even call him now!

Imagine that 17 out of 18 and dropped to make way for an out dated old man.:thumbsdown: go bulls

Surely his form throughout the year should have kept him in.

To show commitment to a club that hasnt had many young guys his age of 20 and the ability the kid has. Im intrigued to see what other players will get a game infront of him after missing 1 game all year....I would even carry the risk of playing him over someone much older because after playing against him he definately isnt the worst player in that side.

He could be or will be a future captain depending how he feels now.
Im upset at their decision.

Surely the kid Miller would be ahead of Shiels?

Please explain

Only 1 more sleep until Bundoora lose a grand final again :D

Who says Xmas never comes early :D

Sleep tight Bunnies your in for a very long painful day tomorrow.

Burgs by 10.

Settle down girls and thankyou J&B for the opportunity. Firstly, whichever Berg plays tomorrow wouldve been sorted by the boys long ago.

More importantly, weather conditions will be similar as the div 2 finals last week with possibility of showers. Which means, the team that can run the ball from backline to forwardline the best (regardless of who wins the toss) wins the game.

Bulls cup! The crystal ball indicates 10 goals, yellow and black, celebration and children being born some months later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely his form throughout the year should have kept him in.

To show commitment to a club that hasnt had many young guys his age of 20 and the ability the kid has. Im intrigued to see what other players will get a game infront of him after missing 1 game all year....I would even carry the risk of playing him over someone much older because after playing against him he definately isnt the worst player in that side.

He could be or will be a future captain depending how he feels now.
Im upset at their decision.

A tough decision and one that I and many others disagreed with but was ultimately based on form.

Possibly, but you have to look at the money that they were (are) up against. Heidelbergs dominance comes via 1 blokes wallet. Nothing more.

hey everyone first time on her, i think mont would have to be very close
could'nt remember the last time they would have one a game against bundoora in a final, does anyone no?

Possibly, but you have to look at the money that they were (are) up against. Heidelbergs dominance comes via 1 blokes wallet. Nothing more.

That is fair dinkum hysterical. You clearly have no idea whatsoever about the inner workings of a club. If you honestly think the Pres stands at the door with his wallet open you are delusional. It's offensive to the people who toil away in the background making that particular club what it is.

I'm staggered with the level of animosity that is constantly hurled at Heidelberg, who some 6 years ago collectively decided to up the ante in all areas of their operation. How about you use a bit of that pent up anger and energy, brush the chip off your shoulder and do the same at your club.

Originally Posted by snakebite
now that macleod has broken the hoodoo does that make monty the undisputed choking world champions.go bergs.www.heidelbergfc.com.au

As a Mont person I am fully aware of our premiership drought - so am not having a go here - but I think, if I have my stats correct, the Bulls might have been runners up in the following years:

1990, 1993, 1997, 1998, 2001, then 2004, 2006, 2007 and …. here's hoping they turn it around 2009 … but its going to be very hard.

Anyway speaking of H'Berg - they have been very quiet around here... what's the bet the likes of Boof et all won't be quiet next week.

J&B - looks like you have been looking at the same stats files as I have been. Interesting that in four of those years (90, 04, 06, 07) Bundoora came up short against tomorrow's opponent. And since 1990, Bundoora have only missed the finals on two occassions but have only brought home the Cup on two occassions - 1995 & 1996. So really many would think that they are due to salute, less they be know as the perennial chockers !

As for tomorrow, I hope that the Bumdoora selectors haven't gone too desperate by naming Contessa who hasn't played for some 10 weeks - you know what they say about taking unfit players into a grand final. But then it appears that Heidelberg has their own selection quandry bubbling under the surface. On the game, while the majority of NFL followers would probably like to see Bundoora break the Heidelberg stranglehold on the Cup, on form it is really hard to see that happening. Like that ancient serpent, if you chop off one head another pops up, and so it is with the Heidelberg players across all lines. Keep one player quiet and another steps up.

Finals, particularly grand finals, can throw up unexpected results, but I think that the more experienced Heidelberg team will prevail tomorrow and equal the record of the dominant Northcote Park teams from the start of the century. Heidelberg by 45 points.

Originally Posted by snakebite
now that macleod has broken the hoodoo does that make monty the undisputed choking world champions.go bergs.www.heidelbergfc.com.au

J&B - looks like you have been looking at the same stats files as I have been. Interesting that in four of those years (90, 04, 06, 07) Bundoora came up short against tomorrow's opponent. And since 1990, Bundoora have only missed the finals on two occassions but have only brought home the Cup on two occassions - 1995 & 1996. So really many would think that they are due to salute, less they be know as the perennial chockers !

As for tomorrow, I hope that the Bumdoora selectors haven't gone too desperate by naming Contessa who hasn't played for some 10 weeks - you know what they say about taking unfit players into a grand final. But then it appears that Heidelberg has their own selection quandry bubbling under the surface. On the game, while the majority of NFL followers would probably like to see Bundoora break the Heidelberg stranglehold on the Cup, on form it is really hard to see that happening. Like that ancient serpent, if you chop off one head another pops up, and so it is with the Heidelberg players across all lines. Keep one player quiet and another steps up.

Finals, particularly grand finals, can throw up unexpected results, but I think that the more experienced Heidelberg team will prevail tomorrow and equal the record of the dominant Northcote Park teams from the start of the century. Heidelberg by 45 points.

i spose in one way you could say bundoora have been chockers, but on another hand you could also say that they have been the 2nd most
succesful club in the last 8 years and if they had the money to spend that another club does could have one a few more flags. however will pay credit to the bergers no matter how many players they have there on big money they still play as a team and play for each other, do agree they will be too strong tomorro.

i spose in one way you could say bundoora have been chockers, but on another hand you could also say that they have been the 2nd most
succesful club in the last 8 years and if they had the money to spend that another club does could have one a few more flags. however will pay credit to the bergers no matter how many players they have there on big money they still play as a team and play for each other, do agree they will be too strong tomorro.

chokers chicken chokers:D

Pick your best inform players .simple.

as with Hall if that is the case if he says he is right to play you play him.The bloke has done more than enough to earn his spot and if it is his last good luck to him he has been a champion player and one of the good guys you want around your club.

Andrew Harwood was dropped in 1990 after playing every game at the age of 19.Never got over it but continued at the club to win 2 B&F , captain of the club and a Reseves Premier coach.Maybe something can be taken from that.

Sad news about Frank Rossbrook.Will be sadly missed.

Finally good luck to Bundoora and go Bergs.

Make hay while sun shines.

Good luck to everyone and may the most determinded team win!!!!

Go Bulls!!!!!!!!!!!!
On paper heidelberg should be red hot favourites, but bundoora have been written off a number of times this year and were not expected to progress past the elimination final, lets hope they have one more supreme effort in them. because it will take that to get anywhere near them. win, lose or draw make sure they come off hurting and know they have played in a tough grand final. GO BULLS!

Best of luck to both teams tomorrow!!! Fair play to the Bulls for getting to the grand final, don't think that many would have predicted it at the start or even the middle of the season, but ye stuck to the task and now ye have your just rewards. Hopefully just getting there will be enough for ye though. Got to go with the Bergers on this one, too big, too strong, too much heart and too much experience...I can be candid because I am not involved!!!

On the note of Nick Miller and Hally, no offence but both of these blokes should be playing no matter what. Young Nick is a class act and a great young kid, he should be an example for the young fellas around the club to aspire to, he just gets it done week in, week out and has the right temperment to lead the bergers into the future. In Hally's case, anyone who gets on here and bags him is a muppet. He is an absolute legend, he will probably go down as the best forward who ever graced the diamond valley/northern footy league stage and is a legend of a bloke too. To say that he doesn't deserve his place is madness personified. Perhaps the blade should be pointed elsewhere when giving the chop???

As I said before best of luck to both teams and enjoy the weather... and no matter the outcome get on board Carey Park in the SWFL final on Sunday!!!

Bergers & Panthers Premiers 2009.:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back