Northern Football League Division 1 - Part llll

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some news surfacing out of warringal park is that the hfc president has flown injured tiger Hall over to Germany for radical treatment so that he may be fit for the GF. You have to admire this blokes dedication for his club if true!!!

or the fact that heidelberg are just more proving the fact they are a wanna be afl club by flying some local club player across to germany...get a grip boys

Umpiring panel has been announced for the A grade prelim and grand final. Same group will do both.

F: Jack Edwards, Daniel Henery, Michael O'Keeffe
B: Justin Coutts, Brady Parke, Nick Pieper
G: Matthew Lafite, Neville Coutts
E: Simon Hubber

Umpiring panel has been announced for the A grade prelim and grand final. Same group will do both.

F: Jack Edwards, Daniel Henery, Michael O'Keeffe
B: Justin Coutts, Brady Parke, Nick Pieper
G: Matthew Lafite, Neville Coutts
E: Simon Hubber

Do they have emergency goal umpires?

Also what would happen if two teams - finished 4th and 5th - on the same points and the same percentage. Would they play off to decide 4th spot?

Sorry - both thoughts just came to me... oh and I hate Heidelberg I was just thinking that too

Cheers

Just do. Only in the same way many people hate collingwood .. its one of those "love to hate" things rat.

It looks like somebody can't keep his head in work today. No names, but his initials might be J&B!.

By the way, I understand you asking about if there was emergency goal umpires, and total understand you hating the Bergs (we all do:D), but what are you on about re finishing 4th & 5th - the H&A season finished weeks ago.

Since then, - 4&5th, 6th,7th,8th,9th & 10th have all had

• Mad Monday's,
  • Tempesturast Tuesdays,
  • What the F... Wednesdays,
  • Thugengood Thursdays and
  • **** we're on it again Fridays,
not to mention a couple of weekends on the sauuucce since!

A posting from the Division 2 Board:

With the Division Two, and the Claytons Division Three Grand Finals on this weekend, it is probably appropriate to wheel out the old argument as to what is the best promotion and relegation scheme. The question: Is the current one team up and one team down the best solution for the competitions? I had a friend of mine dig out some information from the rubbish bins outside the NFL offices and he came up with the following.
Since 2000, only four clubs (Lalor, Eltham, Greensborough and Diamond Creek ) stayed up in Division One for more than one season after being promoted. Both Lalor and Eltham have now survived after being promoted and then relegated before their current "success". while Diamond Creek has since fallen back to the lower division. Of the teams relegated in this period, only Lalor (twice) won more than one match in a season with four of the relegated clubs not winning a match. The team coming up to Division One each season really starts on the back foot.
So maybe we should look at the same system that the Amateurs have were there are two teams that move at the end of each season. And the Amateurs history shows that on pretty well all occasions as least one of the teams promoted remains in their new division for more than one season. And the other byproduct of having two teams promoted each season is that they enter the higher division knowing that they are at least on par with another team. And with two teams to be relegated it will also make it more interesting in the latter half of the season for the teams that can't make the finals.

And if the Division Three doesn't go ahead next season, and my money is on that it won't, then maybe another option is to forget about this idea of a third division and move to where we have two divisions of twelve each. Yes, radical, but look at Eastern who have twelve teams in their top division and all clubs over there have embraced it with enthusiasm. Having twelve teams in a division could also mean a final five, giving additional teams a chance to play finals in the two divisions.

So, let's have two divisions of twelve clubs with promotion and relegation of two teams. Now that is a radical but innovative idea !

RE BBTL PROM/RELAGATION POSTS

I think that the idea has some merit and would inject more interest into the season. To be blunt it is getting a bit stale to have the same clubs each season in the finals. The idea of promoting clubs who are not up to scratch is also a bit of a concern (how the heck did T/Town lead Mont at half time (at Mont) earlier in the season!??).The idea of a fifth finals spot and 2 up/2 down is really good. There is one major impediment however. The current format of 9 home and 9 away games over 18 rounds looks to be an ideal fit. To expand it to 11 & 11 looks a little too long. It is only local footy after all. I realise that the senior finals could go to three weeks(like NFL Juniors) and you could stop the split round and long week end break but i think another fours games is a few too many.

Come on RiverRat, we all know that Old King Cole doesn't get paid for the gig and as a reward for him sitting up on that throne on the far wing he also tips in some mula to the Monty nest to keep any uprising in check!
Next Saturday, a matchup of two teams coached by people still using the 70s playbooks ........

BAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA...Dear god things make me laugh. You obviously have no friggin clue whats going on. . "we all know" bahahaha.

Where do you get you enormously accurate facts from?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As Shakespeare once said: "Ye of little faith"

All pre-season long and into the first part of the season propper, I, along with a number of other notables on this forum had been singing Bundoora's praises and touting them to play off in the grand final. And just as their mid-season form started to drop off so did we. So much so that pretty well all of us didn't tip them to beat North Heidelberg in week 1 of the finals series. Well not anymore !

I, like others, are back on the Bundoora bandwagon and reckon that they will get the better of Montmorency tomorrow and will win their way thru to the grand final and be able to claim teh title as the second best team in 2009 after next Saturday.

But as for tomorrow, I think Bundoora's smaller players will be too quick, with my little star in Papalucca and his side-kick Mitchell (D.) running rings around the slower Montmornecy players. And don't forget that gun Shaw (B.) ! Geez, how Monty will miss Santoro ! Bundoora to advance with a winning margin of 27 points.

And I'm off to the market ground this afternoon to see which team will be the new whipping boy of division one in 2010. Whoever wins today will probably be better than poor old Thomastown did this season, although they did lose a couple of quality players like MacDonald and Sollyman, but will still be way worse than Greensborough and West Preston were this season !

BAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA...Dear god things make me laugh. You obviously have no friggin clue whats going on. . "we all know" bahahaha.

Jack does get paid but i think hes a relation of the builders that put all the money into in the monty footy club

there has been people calling for jacks head for 4 years now. Its hard to believe hes Monts longest serving coach .
Hes spent more money than any monty coach and got the same results as all the others as well

Bring back Matty larkin he was the best coach monty have had.

mmmmm enjoy this years success we all know the final outcome son,if the bulls get within 10 big ones that would be a good effort,got mont covered though I reckon,they'll struggle to post 10 majors with that forward line.
Not bad even if I do say so myself mont kicked 4 goals in the first 1/4 and finished with 7 for the day with barely no wind.Great effort bulls with so may key players on the sidelines.All 3 in the big one lets hope they can get 2 of the 3 anyway!........stringa very happy lads:D:D:D:D:D:D

Well done Bundoora players...Didn't want to post it beforehand,but really thought you would heavily struggle today...Only because it had seemed you could not get a settled side and appeared to be on the end of injuries at the wrong time of year...Well done Hunt Eyes,one for persistence and Budgie after a reco...Hope nobody misses from today through injury...Enjoy

As Shakespeare once said: "Ye of little faith"

All pre-season long and into the first part of the season propper, I, along with a number of other notables on this forum had been singing Bundoora's praises and touting them to play off in the grand final. And just as their mid-season form started to drop off so did we. So much so that pretty well all of us didn't tip them to beat North Heidelberg in week 1 of the finals series. Well not anymore !

I, like others, are back on the Bundoora bandwagon and reckon that they will get the better of Montmorency tomorrow and will win their way thru to the grand final and be able to claim teh title as the second best team in 2009 after next Saturday.

But as for tomorrow, I think Bundoora's smaller players will be too quick, with my little star in Papalucca and his side-kick Mitchell (D.) running rings around the slower Montmornecy players. And don't forget that gun Shaw (B.) ! Geez, how Monty will miss Santoro ! Bundoora to advance with a winning margin of 27 points.

And I'm off to the market ground this afternoon to see which team will be the new whipping boy of division one in 2010. Whoever wins today will probably be better than poor old Thomastown did this season, although they did lose a couple of quality players like MacDonald and Sollyman, but will still be way worse than Greensborough and West Preston were this season !

We are not coming up to come straight back down. There are too many smart people on our committee to let that happen, we know what we have got, we know what we need and we have the dollars to spend. The Football committee are already negotiating with 4 very good players. Our facilitites are divvy one level, and on our our future with the kids they are flowing through, we will field 2 thirds teams next season (not bad for first year divvy one). We don't expect to play finals (if we do its a bonus and we would happily take it) but do expect to win enough games first year to continue our building process in divvy one.

completely off topic. please refrain from using a 'B' in front of hahahahaha. This infuriates me like u wouldnt believe, ys's aka young ****s aka 16 year olds (giggity giggity, giggity goo) use this. and it makes me angry every time i read it

Jack does get paid but i think hes a relation of the builders that put all the money into in the monty footy club

there has been people calling for jacks head for 4 years now. Its hard to believe hes Monts longest serving coach .
Hes spent more money than any monty coach and got the same results as all the others as well

His a relation to the owner of billings long there major sponsor? It really makes me laugh these facts that just keep coming out.

Mate mont have been a great team up against probably the best team in Victoria (at this leval). You have to remember bergs have put in a lot more then mont. Theres only so much any coach could do. No one besides Monty have come close/beaten the bergs in a long time i would give them a break.

Well done to the Bulls to get all three sides into the Grand Final is an outstanding effort. The nineteens have come up short in the last couple but this game should be a cracker, probably the best game of footy for the day. The twos ? West will try to belt them every chance so that one will be a slug fest and who would have thought the 1'nes could get through with the list of guys out injured . Who knows ? Collingwood keep winning with a side that has no outstanding talent so on any given day anyone can win. Shake it up Bulls restore our faith in local footy.;)

What a win yesterday by the Bulls! After all the injuries that have come in the second half of the season the whole nfl wrote us off. But the sign of a great club having all 3 sides in the grand final. Does anybody know if any club has ever won all 3 in div 1?

All i can say is just imagin the club sat night if we could snag all 3! Dare to dream boys!!!!!!!

what a great day it was yestursday bundoora seniors and u19 sides win through 2 the grand final and 2 have 3 sides in granny is just great bring on the weekened

Dark day for the Mont yesterday

Congratulations to the Bulls.

All three teams on the last day is a great effort .. Here's hoping you can knock them off in the big one :thumbsu:

What did Matty Larkin achieve that Jack hasn't?

Many would argue that the 2003 team we had was stronger than the team we have had in the last two years. The year we lost to West Preston we were far and away more dominant throughout the year- but we didn't win that year either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back