Northern Football League Division 1 - Part llll

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone has their own opinion about Daniel Santoro... yes he may have a bit of white line fever and play the game a bit dirty but to be honest he is quite a decent bloke off the field.... and some say overrated and some say he is a good player... no doubt he can play just needs to stop gettin reported and show people that he actually can

Everyone has their own opinion about Daniel Santoro... yes he may have a bit of white line fever and play the game a bit dirty but to be honest he is quite a decent bloke off the field.... and some say overrated and some say he is a good player... no doubt he can play just needs to stop gettin reported and show people that he actually can

I agree. From what I have seen he has some good skills. Just needs to put the brakes on a bit when he gets fired up.

Originally Posted by Bottom Age Draftee

I agree. From what I have seen he has some good skills. Just needs to put the brakes on a bit when he gets fired up.

Would have to agree with you both, the boy can play but just gets a little bit too excited with the rough/tough stuff - maybe it's part of the small man syndrome ! Maybe he thinks he needs to justify his big salary that he got when coming across from Epping with D.King.
Anyhow, does anyone know why he didn't front the tribunal on Tuesday, particularly as some on here have suggested that the incidents shown on the tape are borderline.
And is he now looking at going the same way as that other Montmorency firebrand, Dean Ciavolo ? Mmmm. Montmorency starting to get a reputation for having these type of players on their list !

snakebite are you going to watch your son attempt to play div 2 football for oak park after he failed twice in div 1 with bundoora and then leaving heidelberg this year?? what will he do if oak park make it to div1?? lucky for him there is now div 3 in the nfl( he might get a kick there)
lol hey we got feelings ya know. you forgot mernda , he had a season there also.actually we are eyeing off the ammos as it goes down to d4 grade.far out we can have a bakers dozen of jackets. yep i'll be at windy hill on saturday. maybe you come from one of the 8 clubs that rang him this year . you never know whats gunna happen next. and cover girl it was stringa not me asking for someones phone number. i'm a bit senior for the macho stuff.and after all this it wont stop the daily double oak park and heidelberg.

Originally Posted by Bottom Age Draftee

Would have to agree with you both, the boy can play but just gets a little bit too excited with the rough/tough stuff - maybe it's part of the small man syndrome ! Maybe he thinks he needs to justify his big salary that he got when coming across from Epping with D.King.
Anyhow, does anyone know why he didn't front the tribunal on Tuesday, particularly as some on here have suggested that the incidents shown on the tape are borderline.
And is he now looking at going the same way as that other Montmorency firebrand, Dean Ciavolo ? Mmmm. Montmorency starting to get a reputation for having these type of players on their list !

How is it tough to throw punches and doing something to someones face? I always thought being tough was putting your head over the footy and taking some knocks. This guy has got some skills and is rough but wouldnt go calling him tough.

Anyways so who is going to win this weekend? Can North do the job without Saul?

How is it tough to throw punches and doing something to someones face? I always thought being tough was putting your head over the footy and taking some knocks. This guy has got some skills and is rough but wouldnt go calling him tough.

Anyways so who is going to win this weekend? Can North do the job without Saul?

Agreed Chunk. To rough players up is one thing. But another is to put your body on the line and do something corageous for your team. These acts are recognised by your team.

Being sent off can be a negative impact on your team if it keeps re occuring.

Mont B&F vote count last night.

Congrats goes too:

Seniors:

1) Mark McGough (second year running)
2) Shane Tennant (smokey for the comp)
3) Bomber Keenan

Reserves

1) Scott Pepyat
2) Daniel Effierman
3) Matt Neil

I arrived a bit late and missed the U/19s

cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It just depends who will use that howling gale better at Preston.

Im tipping North Will. 25pts

Just wondering if anyone can comfirm that Norths coach, Tilley? has told the club that he wants Caddy to play or he wont coach. I've only heard it about 4th hand so have little confidence in it being true.

Only judge by what i see in the paper and what i hear of some Bundoora followers but not sure the Bulls will be able to cover the loss of O'Brien, who apparently is there best forward.

North comfortably.

Why does WPL player Luke Vincitorio's father always foul mouth off when his son gets bagged by the opposition supporters, he plays in the ones but his father is so protective of his son as if he is still playing junior football ,Bundoora watch out

Vincitorio's old man is flipping pest, played against that little cat last year in the finals and his old man mouthed off to our players whilst running water, tough as.

This year he pretended to spit at our crowd when we played them. He is a deadset f*ckwit.

Vincitorio's old man is flipping pest, played against that little cat last year in the finals and his old man mouthed off to our players whilst running water, tough as.

This year he pretended to spit at our crowd when we played them. He is a deadset f*ckwit.

I reckon this bloke could expect a few calls over the Christmas period.

Mont B&F vote count last night.

Congrats goes too:

Seniors:

1) Mark McGough (second year running)
2) Shane Tennant (smokey for the comp)
3) Bomber Keenan

Reserves

1) Scott Pepyat
2) Daniel Effierman
3) Matt Neil

I arrived a bit late and missed the U/19s

cheers

Congrats to McGough, class act who just keeps getting it done. What will you do without him next year? ;)

North v's Bund toss of the coin...North I would suggest rested a few last week and at qtr time it seemed L.Gray was the boss for the day,good for his development as a coach,spoke well and knows his footy...If fit L.Gray,J.Green and J.Dean will definitely go back into side.J.Dean may have a knee issue?D.Florance was off at half time icing up,so no risks taken there with 2nd ruckman...If Bund have lost O'Brien,Finlayson or Whitnall may have to become main target down forward,with Papaluca and D.Mitchell(when resting)sniffing around their feet...From afar the past 6 weeks Bund don't seem to be able to get a settled side,seems they have been making 3 or 4 changes per week... Hope game is close and enjoy your footy...

North v's Bund toss of the coin...North I would suggest rested a few last week and at qtr time it seemed L.Gray was the boss for the day,good for his development as a coach,spoke well and knows his footy...If fit L.Gray,J.Green and J.Dean will definitely go back into side.J.Dean may have a knee issue?D.Florance was off at half time icing up,so no risks taken there with 2nd ruckman...If Bund have lost O'Brien,Finlayson or Whitnall may have to become main target down forward,with Papaluca and D.Mitchell(when resting)sniffing around their feet...From afar the past 6 weeks Bund don't seem to be able to get a settled side,seems they have been making 3 or 4 changes per week... Hope game is close and enjoy your footy...

Ah, don't you just love the cut-throat finals. Really makes it worthwhile playing football. And two teams that have played plenty of these type of matches in recent seasons are at it again this afternoon at Preston. Let's hope that the wind doesn't affect the outcome.
Bundoora has come out victors in their two meetings this season, on both occasions be 10 points or less. And on both occasions Shane Harvey has kicked a bag full of goals for the vanquished. Bundoora have struggled in recent weeks and injuries have hit them hard and they will be taking a very inexperienced team into a cut-throat final with the combined tally of senior matches amongst their 'ins' able to be counted on the one hand ! And of course there is the blind of having the NFL website list Mark Turnbull as an 'In' when he is ineligible ! One for you to check out JC!
Anyhow, with both Dean and Green back into the North side and with some very experienced players in their lineup, North will be quite understandably be looking to reverse the result of the recent previous meetings. The experience of King to marshal the backline, some capable talls in Dean and Florence and the excitement of Harvey up forward makes them look very attractive.
Pre-season I was of the opinion that Bundoora would challenge for the premiership. Yes, they are into the finals, but not on the best of terms. It looks like being another winter of lost opportunities for the Yulong boys, with North Heidelberg advancing to the prelim final by a margin of 45 points.

I think Heidelberg can cause an upset and beat West Preston in 'The Magoos' while Eltham will put an end to any dreams that Heidelberg had for their Under 19s.

bundoora won easily 6-7 goals, north didnt look like it all day. still thought the umpiring was pretty shit house, even with 3 of them. and does anyone no why shane harvey got sent off in the 3rd quarter?

If Saul Caddy was playing I would tip the doggies easily .
I still think they will win but it will be pretty close.

blah blah....................but he aint at north anymore,get over it.And the bulls would have won by more if they had contessa,griggs kruzer,Obrien and there best player in grossy available.North were second to the ball all day as mentioned by their coach, and need to recruit as do bundoora if they are to go any further next year.

blah blah....................but he aint at north anymore,get over it.And the bulls would have won by more if they had contessa,griggs kruzer,Obrien and there best player in grossy available.North were second to the ball all day as mentioned by their coach, and need to recruit as do bundoora if they are to go any further next year.

Hey String Whats the goss re your mob wanting Maylin out next year?

A bit stiff, if you ask me. Afterall, he has taken your bunch of pretty boys to at least a Preliminary finals birth.

Perhaps a few of the bunnie boys dont like hearing the Shark call it as he sees it. Mind you, at least you know where you stand with Maylin as although he may be at times a tad harsh (even brutal) he is always very honest.

Hey String Whats the goss re your mob wanting Maylin out next year?

A bit stiff, if you ask me. Afterall, he has taken your bunch of pretty boys to at least a Preliminary finals birth.

Perhaps a few of the bunnie boys dont like hearing the Shark call it as he sees it. Mind you, at least you know where you stand with Maylin as although he may be at times a tad harsh (even brutal) he is always very honest.

Like most clubs you'll never please everyone with the negatives of someone always outweighing the positives.With the players he has had to choose from he has done a good job as they have been hit hard with injuries to their better players but has got them to a prelim which is about par given the standard of most of the other teams this year(excluding ELTHAM of course lol).

In my opinion he is far to negative in his approach to coaching and seems to single out the younger guys in the side instead of putting the heat on the more senior players.To me players respond better when they are encouraged not saying they need the honest truth at times but never the less we all like our tyres pumped up.

Well 2 of the 3 heidelberg teams are out and 1 to go, well it would be nice hey!.For the nfl's sake anyway it would make for a even grand final but we all know that is wishfull thinking.

Rumour has it that the coin funding the bergs success might have redlined and may be heading elsewhere, wich would put a cat amongst the pigeons.Before all you heidelberg sheep blow a fuse check with your source as you'll find it's about to happen.........what a shame:eek:

enjoy it while you can lads:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back