Northern Football League Division 1 - Part V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know the result of the Heidelberg practise match yesterday? Watched 3/4s but couldn't stay. Was a good, even game and pretty willing from what I saw.

Does anyone know the result of the Heidelberg practise match yesterday? Watched 3/4s but couldn't stay. Was a good, even game and pretty willing from what I saw.

Very good hit out for both Croydon and Heidelberg with the lead changing several times in the final quarter. Heidelberg prevailed in the end by a goal.

Very good hit out for both Croydon and Heidelberg with the lead changing several times in the final quarter. Heidelberg prevailed in the end by a goal.

Good to see the bergs get up..... Missing Murphy, Sinclair, J Williams, Logie, Favrin and Kennedy....... All back for round 0ne.....

how will the two's go Rat...... struggled for numbers yesterday???

Heidelberg seemed a lot more aggresive, few send offs a few more push & shoves etc, yesterday in both the 1s & 2s than I recall last year, although I only see them every few weeks. Will that be a trend do you reckon?

Agree with your sentiments on your top 5.
I don't think our backline could could contain that forward line for 1/2 game, let alone 4 quarters.

The only thing I'll talk up is the state of De Winton Park - it's certainly up there in respect to all the D1 grounds . Gotta lobby for a grand stand now. Do you think Lexus might pitch in ?
is that the same de winton park that will be inspected by the n.f.l and local council to see if its fit for round one. certiainly up there.......yeah right:thumbsdown:

Agree with your sentiments on your top 5.
I don't think our backline could could contain that forward line for 1/2 game, let alone 4 quarters.

The only thing I'll talk up is the state of De Winton Park - it's certainly up there in respect to all the D1 grounds . Gotta lobby for a grand stand now. Do you think Lexus might pitch in ?

macleod was told by council not to play a practice match at De Winton last weekend and not to play any games until cleared by council as the ground is covered with rocks, dangerous around the cricket pitch and no grass coverage.

a parent is proceeding with legal action after her son who plays for macleodsplit his knee open at training . div 1 ground??? my ar$e

Went down and watch bergers v croydon.

Croydon seemed a quicker team and at times i thought their skills + set plays were a little better, but the bergers bigger bodies proved too strong.

I had a laugh watching Saul hold some young bloke in a headlock and walk him around for a couple of seconds.

Should be an interesting and good season ahead.

GO MONT :)

is that the same de winton park that will be inspected by the n.f.l and local council to see if its fit for round one. certiainly up there.......yeah right:thumbsdown:
No the De Winton Park Underbelly is talking about is the photo one on google earth:D taken before the drought fat shit cant get out of his recliner typical Macloed w***ers:thumbsdown:

No the De Winton Park Underbelly is talking about is the photo one on google earth:D taken before the drought fat shit cant get out of his recliner typical Macloed w***ers:thumbsdown:

The sledging has started early this year....

As least I know how to spell.
It's MACLEOD, not Macloed.

I got out of my recliner last night to run a few laps and burn of some of that fat shit you are talking about and I thought the ground was ok and
looking forward to Round 1

Hey Kickass

Why are you on here trying to dig dirt about other coaches - Reference that Crosisca can't communicate, as well as Div 2 forum where you claim Diamond Creek's coach Greg Whitcroft talks out of turn. In both instances you weren't there or really knew exactly what went on.

In the meantime, Eltham got touched up by a Divy 2 club. So perhaps you might want to explain how a budding top 5 Divy one team gets rolled by a Divy 2 team? It would be far more interesting to listen to than your recent posts buddy

Hey Kickass

Why are you on here trying to dig dirt about other coaches - Reference that Crosisca can't communicate, as well as Div 2 forum where you claim Diamond Creek's coach Greg Whitcroft talks out of turn. In both instances you weren't there or really knew exactly what went on.

In the meantime, Eltham got touched up by a Divy 2 club. So perhaps you might want to explain how a budding top 5 Divy one team gets rolled by a Divy 2 team? It would be far more interesting to listen to than your recent posts buddy

Thanks Bubblehead - (Nice name !)

I stand by what I have said based on mail received by very credible sources and i need not and will not appologise for comments hence made.

Having said that, I had the opportunity to personally witness, hear, view "Bagger" Crosisca in action on Sunday (boof can attest to this) and I was pleasantly surprised. Whilst he often singles blokes out (rightfully or wrongly) he is quite methodical and calculated about his address. He does however talk in blue sporadically but you do get that around Footy clubs. Enough said.

As to the Panthers performance on Sunday. Well the word "disappointing" springs to mind. However, it aint slash the wrist time yet and we were well below strength but of course you will view these as just excuses. I need not remind you that it was only a practice game and practice games = practice. By the way, no premierships in any of the NFL Divisions are awarded in March.

Notwithstanding, We wanted a good hit out with no injuries and that is exactly what we got. Probably Whitelsea would appreciate it as well as they are striving to become a Div 1 club and irrespective of the scoreboard, would have been pleased for being able to put their list to the test.

I was very impressed with Whittlesea and the way they move the ball. They have presence with jeza paige in the ruck and a gun CHF who's name escapes me.

Panthers will fight back and yes I still think we can wrangle into top 5. Bring on the real season.

Now there you go Bubblebrain. Is that what you wanted??

Kind Regards

K.A

Paterson Shield Memorial Practice Match Tonight:footy:.
The annual Under 23s Paterson Shield Memorial Practice Match, played between Montmorency and Lower Plenty, will be held tonight Wednesday March 31 at Montmorency. Last year, Montmorency won the game by four points at Lower Plenty, with this year's game to be held under lights at Montmorency from 7.30pm on Wednesday March 31.

macleod was told by council not to play a practice match at De Winton last weekend and not to play any games until cleared by council as the ground is covered with rocks, dangerous around the cricket pitch and no grass coverage.

a parent is proceeding with legal action after her son who plays for macleodsplit his knee open at training . div 1 ground??? my ar$e

Just came back from a walk around & across De Winton. The stuff about rocks is cr@p, the bareness around the wicket area & to some extent the bowlers run ups is right though. As I said before the council can only blame themselves. They have continually "scalped" the ground over summer and I don't think thats what you should do to a new lawn during hot weather.
Having said that I was down at Shelly Street last week & De Winton is no worse. So a Div 1 ground it will be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just came back from a walk around & across De Winton. The stuff about rocks is cr@p, the bareness around the wicket area & to some extent the bowlers run ups is right though. As I said before the council can only blame themselves. They have continually "scalped" the ground over summer and I don't think thats what you should do to a new lawn during hot weather.
Having said that I was down at Shelly Street last week & De Winton is no worse. So a Div 1 ground it will be.

At last a post with some credibility re the De Winton surface. Yes, it has been disappointing it hasn't come up as well as we, the cricket club and the council would have hoped but unfortunately that seems to be the case with many grounds in our area. Macleod Park (home of our juniors) had the same problem just over 12 months ago and now the summer grass has taken and it's really strong and thick in most areas (just a couple of patches).
Speaking of thick, let's move to the ill-informed Dogseye who posted: "macleod was told by council not to play a practice match at De Winton last weekend and not to play any games until cleared by council as the ground is covered with rocks, dangerous around the cricket pitch and no grass coverage.
a parent is proceeding with legal action after her son who plays for macleodsplit his knee open at training . div 1 ground??? my ar$e"

We were not told to play a practice match at De Winton last weekend. The cricket club wanted to clean up after their presentation night and we had arranged 6 weeks ago to play at Sunshine. Send me the name of the parent – no one has split their knee. Suggest you join Whatdowesing on a walk and get the facts.

At last a post with some credibility re the De Winton surface. Yes, it has been disappointing it hasn't come up as well as we, the cricket club and the council would have hoped but unfortunately that seems to be the case with many grounds in our area. Macleod Park (home of our juniors) had the same problem just over 12 months ago and now the summer grass has taken and it's really strong and thick in most areas (just a couple of patches).
Speaking of thick, let's move to the ill-informed Dogseye who posted: "macleod was told by council not to play a practice match at De Winton last weekend and not to play any games until cleared by council as the ground is covered with rocks, dangerous around the cricket pitch and no grass coverage.
a parent is proceeding with legal action after her son who plays for macleodsplit his knee open at training . div 1 ground??? my ar$e"

We were not told to play a practice match at De Winton last weekend. The cricket club wanted to clean up after their presentation night and we had arranged 6 weeks ago to play at Sunshine. Send me the name of the parent – no one has split their knee. Suggest you join Whatdowesing on a walk and get the facts.

macleod was meant to play oak park last week at de winton, the 2 division 2 premiers from different comps but macleod had to pullout because of the state of the ground. THIS IS FACT, so cut the crap.

the northern football league will move your first game to heidelberg west, a mate on heidelberg west committee confirmed this last night.

your ground is a health hazard

Paterson Shield Memorial Practice Match Tonight:footy:.
The annual Under 23s Paterson Shield Memorial Practice Match, played between Montmorency and Lower Plenty, will be held tonight Wednesday March 31 at Montmorency. Last year, Montmorency won the game by four points at Lower Plenty, with this year's game to be held under lights at Montmorency from 7.30pm on Wednesday March 31.

The mighty Bears got up quite comfortably in the end after nearly kicking themselves out of it early. Good contest thoroughly enjoyed. Must say however that it appears that there is more passion on the Lower Plenty side for this encounter, perhaps in part that more current Lower people have a recent connection with Terry. Anyway hope in the future that this game can evolve as it`s a good concept, congratulations to Terry`s boy Jake who aquitted himself well in the game.

macleod was meant to play oak park last week at de winton, the 2 division 2 premiers from different comps but macleod had to pullout because of the state of the ground. THIS IS FACT, so cut the crap.

the northern football league will move your first game to heidelberg west, a mate on heidelberg west committee confirmed this last night.

your ground is a health hazard

What is your infatuation with our ground? Were you at the committee meeting this week when we discussed the state of the ground (which has improved out markedly)? Were you listening in when we discussed that we would look at the ground next Tuesday and make an informed decision in the best interests of players, umpires?

You are the one talking crap. Oak Park pulled out of the practice match 6 weeks ago and we were put in touch with Sunshine who had their ground available. Rosanna Cricket Club wanted to use the rooms last weekend for their presentation plus they wanted to clean up the rooms before handing over.

Our ground is not a health hazard. As I said, take a walk with Whatdowesing and check it out yourself.

What is your infatuation with our ground? Were you at the committee meeting this week when we discussed the state of the ground (which has improved out markedly)? Were you listening in when we discussed that we would look at the ground next Tuesday and make an informed decision in the best interests of players, umpires?

You are the one talking crap. Oak Park pulled out of the practice match 6 weeks ago and we were put in touch with Sunshine who had their ground available. Rosanna Cricket Club wanted to use the rooms last weekend for their presentation plus they wanted to clean up the rooms before handing over.

Our ground is not a health hazard. As I said, take a walk with Whatdowesing and check it out yourself.

If the ground isn't a hazard then why is there a need to even discuss making decisions to look after the players, etc. I'm sure this isn't something that all clubs are doing. Looks like the wheels are falling off early!!

If the ground isn't a hazard then why is there a need to even discuss making decisions to look after the players, etc. I'm sure this isn't something that all clubs are doing. Looks like the wheels are falling off early!!

Get on the Div 3 thread LLgoose!

Think it's called duty of care. As a player I have no issue, heaps of water was put on it by the council this week and it was fine to train on. Wheels are firmly in place other than injuries to Ewart & Tsinga. Anyone give us a chance first up against Northcote Park?

Think it's called duty of care. As a player I have no issue, heaps of water was put on it by the council this week and it was fine to train on. Wheels are firmly in place other than injuries to Ewart & Tsinga. Anyone give us a chance first up against Northcote Park?

I'm very familiar with Duty Of Care but I doubt all clubs are having inspections and meetings for their grounds and most of you sucks won't even admit that the ground is suspect. Most of you are just trying to sweep it under the carpet. Not that its a massive issue but I can't see why you Maclouders can't just be honest!

I'm very familiar with Duty Of Care but I doubt all clubs are having inspections and meetings for their grounds and most of you sucks won't even admit that the ground is suspect. Most of you are just trying to sweep it under the carpet. Not that its a massive issue but I can't see why you Maclouders can't just be honest!

I will try this for third and last time. Like every club in metro Melbourne, we have no control over what the council does other than put a rocket up them. The ground will be fine.

Same dill of a so called "moderator" as ever. Nothing to do with him as a downward recruit from Div 2 to Div 3. Watched him play once & didn't get a kick.
Walked the ground again today & it is fine will be great in a week. Compare it to some of the grounds served up over the past two years like Shelley Street, Mont & Bundoora & it is gold. Unfortunately LLGoose & Dogsbody have probably never been to any of those grounds. A bit out of their leagues.:p
The council is even installing a 3 level coaches box for Macleod. Should be ready in the next weel or two.:thumbsu:

Same dill of a so called "moderator" as ever. Nothing to do with him as a downward recruit from Div 2 to Div 3. Watched him play once & didn't get a kick.
Walked the ground again today & it is fine will be great in a week. Compare it to some of the grounds served up over the past two years like Shelley Street, Mont & Bundoora & it is gold. Unfortunately LLGoose & Dogsbody have probably never been to any of those grounds. A bit out of their leagues.:p
The council is even installing a 3 level coaches box for Macleod. Should be ready in the next weel or two.:thumbsu:

Thats great, we should all get a good view of the dustbowl from the third level. Unfortunately unlike most Mclouders I never pretend to be or have something that I'm not or don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back