Northern Football League Division 1 - Part V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
[/b]

I think you answered your own question.

Serious question Lion - when was the last time you actually saw
Macleod play ? Just curious
i watched macleod play a couple of times during the regualr season and both there finals games. and know the players u have picked up. So unless u have some guns hiding somewhere i think u r really going to struggle against the top 6-7 teams. Yo have no size or height about you and i think that is the where you are going to struggle!

i watched macleod play a couple of times during the regualr season and both there finals games. and know the players u have picked up. So unless u have some guns hiding somewhere i think u r really going to struggle against the top 6-7 teams. Yo have no size or height about you and i think that is the where you are going to struggle!
no doubt we will struggle against the top 6 in the division, but the only real aim any team can have when they enter Divvy 1 is to avoid religation in there first year. there is no way that a team can come up from Divvy 2 and compete with the top half dozen, Greensborough won 3 grandfinals the year they went up and they held there own but got thumped by the top sides. All we can do is plug away both on and off the field and continue to build the club.:thumbsu:

no doubt we will struggle against the top 6 in the division, but the only real aim any team can have when they enter Divvy 1 is to avoid religation in there first year. there is no way that a team can come up from Divvy 2 and compete with the top half dozen, Greensborough won 3 grandfinals the year they went up and they held there own but got thumped by the top sides. All we can do is plug away both on and off the field and continue to build the club.:thumbsu:
nice romper...
not good news though with tsingaris and ewart in doubt atm, real shame for zinga was looking the goods and looking forward to the season, would have been a great inclusion this year. maybe the likes of blackwood may have to return to do give the house some respect???

nice romper...
not good news though with tsingaris and ewart in doubt atm, real shame for zinga was looking the goods and looking forward to the season, would have been a great inclusion this year. maybe the likes of blackwood may have to return to do give the house some respect???
ha ha Danny wouldnt even get a game with the under 13's , Fanta is back training (been once) so mabe he can fill in for Ewart... bloody shame about zinga, worked hard during the pre season, maybe you can get back on the track to fill the hole.

i heard greg domasevic has got a coaching role down there? any truth to this and if so and signs of jayden?

I'm not expecting to beat the top 6 either, I just think that some time during the course of the year we may suprise a few, if the opposition
don't come to play. Having said that, the playing list is the healthiest it's
been in 10 + years

Just as well Fatbelly otherwise you may as well just save the heartache and cruise back to Divi two.
Have you picked up a new sponsor in Medibank?
This may be the cause of your healthiness.

I'm not expecting to beat the top 6 either, I just think that some time during the course of the year we may suprise a few, if the opposition
been in 10 + years

Fair comment! I would dare say that the majority of people also agree that you will perform better than Thommo did last year. Arguably a more complete list with definitely more depth than Thommo, so you will get a few wins.. :p.

Good luck for the year..

been in 10 + years
your kidding undiesmelly just cause the league helped you get to divvy 1 :thumbsdown:your playing with the big boys now:eek: so theres no pulling strings this year!;) but it wouldnt be Macleod to not talk themselves up look forward to reading the results each week "Macleod got smashed by .........."

your kidding undiesmelly just cause the league helped you get to divvy 1 :thumbsdown:your playing with the big boys now:eek: so theres no pulling strings this year!;) but it wouldnt be Macleod to not talk themselves up look forward to reading the results each week "Macleod got smashed by .........."
Care to explain that little pearl of wisdom???

His methods have certainly created a breath of fresh air amongst the playing group. Gav is a lot more "hands on" in his approach compared to Plunkett and pretty much tells it like it is. I've noticed he can be quite critical of individual players and doesn't cop any shit hence the nickname "bagger". I'll be interested to see how he goes this week with a decent side at his disposal unlike the Tassie game.

Rat - How did Bagger go?

Independent reports suggest he struggles to communicate and does not have a very extensive nor clean vocabulary.

And you are right, I've heard quite a few senior players have fresh aired him. :p

I don't anyone from Macleod has talked themselves up leading into the new season. As Romper mentioned, we would be not have expectations of beating the top 6, however, we should at least be competitive.

Do you care to elaborate on how the league helped Macleod get into D1 ?
Pretty sure we've earned out spot for 2010

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smiths Chips
Bickfords Cordial
AC/DC with Bon Scott
Did i tell you that I went to go to the Westpac centre yesterday and they tried to charge me a fee for entry. Seems the banking industry has exerted it influence at collingscum already!

Hows that for original Smelliebelly.

... Berger spin doctoring.

Perish the thought ;)

Anyway, 1 week out and the crystal ball indicates;

Heidelberg
Bundoora
Northcote
Mont
Eltham

To all an sundry, who ya gonna play on this lot if and when ya get any go forward? Get the mix wrong and ah ...

Finn
Caddy, Hall
Nolan, Kennedy, Nolan

p.s. Underbelly, best you blokes start talking yourselves-up.

Perish the thought ;)

Anyway, 1 week out and the crystal ball indicates;

Heidelberg
Bundoora
Northcote
Mont
Eltham

To all an sundry, who ya gonna play on this lot if and when ya get any go forward? Get the mix wrong and ah ...

Finn
Caddy, Hall
Nolan, Kennedy, Nolan

p.s. Underbelly, best you blokes start talking yourselves-up.

Agree with your sentiments on your top 5.
I don't think our backline could could contain that forward line for 1/2 game, let alone 4 quarters.

The only thing I'll talk up is the state of De Winton Park - it's certainly up there in respect to all the D1 grounds . Gotta lobby for a grand stand now. Do you think Lexus might pitch in ?

Rat - How did Bagger go?

Independent reports suggest he struggles to communicate and does not have a very extensive nor clean vocabulary.

And you are right, I've heard quite a few senior players have fresh aired him. :p

Probably a fair comment that Gav likes to keep it simple but I can't say that communication with the playing group has been a major issue. Like I said earlier, he tells it like it is without complicating things and is pretty honest in his appraisal of certain players.

The only thing I'll talk up is the state of De Winton Park - it's certainly up there in respect to all the D1 grounds . Gotta lobby for a grand stand now. Do you think Lexus might pitch in ?

Been down there lately underbelly? Badly deteriorated over the summer, is hard a rock....! Tiny ground, 2 kick goal!

Been down there lately underbelly? Badly deteriorated over the summer, is hard a rock....! Tiny ground, 2 kick goal!

Sadly as a Macleod supporter, I mainly have to agree. The area around the cricket pitch is bald and some of the outfield leaves a bit to be desired. I reckon the council mowed the new grass too short over summer & it has burnt off. Hopefully the rain last night & a bit of sunshine in the next few days will freshen it up now that cricket has finished. Disappointing! Size of the ground though is irrelevant as both teams have to play on it & their are lots of different sized grounds in the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back