Northern Football League Division 1 - Part V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
0-3 is going to happen chicknfeed...and i told you so :D
if bundoora play like they did yestrerday they will get flogged by heidelberg, but with a couple of big ins over the next 2 to 3 weeks they will definately improve with a lot of new faces to get used to. They r a certainty to make finals and anything less than a grand final appearance would be a disappointment

Here you go Hope

2010 Division One Seniors
Heidelberg 5.9 13.10 17.13 23.20 (158)
Lalor 0.1 5.3 7.5 11.7 (73)

GOALS:
Heidelberg: Caddy 9 Sinclair 2 Harvey 2 Favrin 2 Logie Miller Houlihan Franchina Hall Nolan Seiter Murphy
Lalor: Seeley 3 Harrower 3 Morrison 2 Shepherd Hughes Morrison

BEST:
Heidelberg: Houlihan Miller Caddy Logie Hall Murphy
Lalor: Thomas Shepherd Morrison Marshall Seeley Mc Veigh

Macleod 7.8 10.10 12.19 19.24 (138)
Northcote Park 4.1 6.5 8.8 13.10 (88)

GOALS:
Macleod: Corr 5 Lynch 5 Bennett 2 Bottomley 2 Lovett White Woodhams Paynter Long
Northcote Park: Saad 5 Colman 3 Violato 2 Dowd O'Connell Ricco

BEST:
Macleod: Long Andrew Bottomley Murray Paynter Lynch
Northcote Park: Saad Colman O'Connell Saddington Carter Violato

North Heidelberg 2.2 5.5 9.9 12.12 (84)
Montmorency 2.3 3.6 4.7 6.11 (47)

GOALS:
North Heidelberg: Massey 3 Green 2 Kelly 2 O'Neill Florance Holmes Naylon Gilbert
Montmorency: Limbach 2 Cusack Giles McFerran Banbury

BEST:
North Heidelberg: King Green Holmes Mc Kenna Ellis Assi
Montmorency: Fitzgerald Pepyat Tennant Cusack Danlinkiewicz McGregor

W Preston Lakeside 3.1 7.5 9.7 13.7 (85)
Bundoora 3.4 6.5 7.7 11.9 (75)

GOALS:
W Preston Lakeside: Robertson 5 Morrison 3 Heaney Vincitorio Williams Ewing Micevski
Bundoora: Shelton 3 Fletcher 2 Gloury Belbasis Ergunen Vasilevski Craker Harrison

BEST:
W Preston Lakeside: Watt Meese Micevski Gannon Robertson Micevski
Bundoora: Vasilevski Hyde Gloury Craker Contessa Mitchell

Eltham 1.2 8.6 12.8 16.13 (109)
Greensborough 4.2 6.2 12.5 15.10 (100)

GOALS:
Eltham: Currie 6 Weatherald 3 Sandy 2 Connelly Tenace O'Sullivan Shaw Sturgess
Greensborough: Hutchinson 4 Shaw 2 Rogers 2 Pemberton Atkins Grubb Riddle Scarce Gration Gunn

BEST:
Eltham: Currie Sturgess Shaw Connelly Perry Weatherald
Greensborough: Hutchinson Atkins Gration Gunn Howard Tarr

Mont were horrible yesterday, might struggle a bit this year! :mad:

yes they were.would hate to have been a forward with the way they delivered yesterday but only round one so improvement hopefully for there supporters to come.not all doom and gloom for north without harvey, shared the goals around and have some great young talent.

Can't believe how quickly Dogseye and LLmoose have gone to ground. Could they please present themselves on turkey comments re Macleod in recent weeks. Matthew Lloyd couldn't take a bigger dive than you two clowns.

Can't believe how quickly Dogseye and LLmoose have gone to ground. Could they please present themselves on turkey comments re Macleod in recent weeks. Matthew Lloyd couldn't take a bigger dive than you two clowns.

It always amazes me how vain you Macleod blokes are that you give so much thought to what some random strangers say on a forum. Its quite flattering that your thinking of me in a time when your club should be basking in its glory.

For me it is clear that you guys doctored the ground to suit your players and disadvantage the NP boys, I mean how else would a club like Macleod knock off someone like Northcote Park. Definately something suss going on there!

Just want to know where Dogseye and LLgoose have been hiding over the past week. No problems at all with Macleod ground yesty other than the fact it swallowed up Northcote Park in all 3 games. Macleod under-19s bursting with talent and got us off to a great start, reserves came from 7 goals down to kick 11 goals in the last quarter and snatch unbelievable win, seniors played out of their trees and ran NP off their feet. Corr, Lynch, new gun ruckman Long all outstanding other than Lynchy missing a few sitters. Saw Clutch L (the one with the raspy voice) explaining late last night how he would have kicked them...love his work. Club made huge $$$ in its first game in Div 1 since 1981. New coach's box funded by Lexus of Blackburn and built by major sponsor Martin Chiminello (not council as referred to in previous post) was magnificent. Reports from other games because there are no scores in either paper today - how bad it that?

What happened GWH? All this talk of Macleod being the next Thomastown and they go and deliver that result, leaving many on here with red faces. I don't think anyone could have predicted a 50-point win. The key to staying up was always going to be retention of players and it looks as though this has been achieved. Is there any chance you blokes could meet us in round 6 undefeated?

yes they were.would hate to have been a forward with the way they delivered yesterday but only round one so improvement hopefully for there supporters to come.not all doom and gloom for north without harvey, shared the goals around and have some great young talent.

Agree doggies were very sharp yesterday, moved the ball well and quickly. Were well served by their regular contributors in King, Green and Holmes. Monty very lacklustre might take a little time for the new players to gel.... we'll have to wait and see!!

stay tuned with more to come out of the mcleod cougars game. disgraceful.

The only thing I can think of was the friendly banter directed towards
your player who was red carded for the "Welcome to D1 king hit" that was not seen by the field umpires, but in clear view of the goal umpire.

So is it the feedback that was disgraceful, the umpiring, the cowardly hit or simply the soft performance of NP (except SAAD who I think was the only player who saved you from really embarrassing yourselves).

The ground was in pretty good condition - so yes Rodney, the ground was doctored from a slope to a slant.

Looking forward to Lalor this week and expecting a much more physical contest.

The only thing I can think of was the friendly banter directed towards
your player who was red carded for the "Welcome to D1 king hit" that was not seen by the field umpires, but in clear view of the goal umpire.

So is it the feedback that was disgraceful, the umpiring, the cowardly hit or simply the soft performance of NP (except SAAD who I think was the only player who saved you from really embarrassing yourselves).

The ground was in pretty good condition - so yes Rodney, the ground was doctored from a slope to a slant.

Looking forward to Lalor this week and expecting a much more physical contest.

Underbelly, I sure he is referring to the comments directed at the Northcote Park player from your crowd. I have never heard such terrible comments, it was that bad that even your president had to go up to members on the hill and tell them to pull their head in.

Comments referred to him as a terror%^$ and why don't you go and blow up plan$#.

I am totally independent as I am involved in the ammos but Macleod supporters (not all of them) should be ashamed of themselves. Yes the incident with the player was ordinary but the comments on the other side of the fence were far worse.

Underbelly, I sure he is referring to the comments directed at the Northcote Park player from your crowd. I have never heard such terrible comments, it was that bad that even your president had to go up to members on the hill and tell them to pull their head in.

Comments referred to him as a terror%^$ and why don't you go and blow up plan$#.

I am totally independent as I am involved in the ammos but Macleod supporters (not all of them) should be ashamed of themselves. Yes the incident with the player was ordinary but the comments on the other side of the fence were far worse.

Yes - I agree that the comments were very ordinary to say the least,
and that particular person who said the comment should be ashamed,however, I don't agree that those comments were worse than the incident in question. Steve did the right thing and put the spot fire out pretty quickly and we move on.

What happened GWH? All this talk of Macleod being the next Thomastown and they go and deliver that result, leaving many on here with red faces. I don't think anyone could have predicted a 50-point win. The key to staying up was always going to be retention of players and it looks as though this has been achieved. Is there any chance you blokes could meet us in round 6 undefeated?

Thanks for that River Rat. In fairness to Thommo, they lost a lot of quality players including their skipper after they defeated us in the 2008 GF and couldn't replace them. We lost a couple from our 2009 premiership side but got some quality ins including new ruckman (Long), Corry from Coburg Tigers and A. Murray, J. Andrew (who didn't play on Saty) and Paynter from your club. So we have depth to add to likes of Lynch, Corr, Shaw, A. Bennett, J. White who are in our top echelon and lot of tallish utilities who have benefited from putting on a few kilos. No, we won't be 5-0 when we play the Tigers but Saty gives us a bit of belief. We have to be on our game every week and our old mate LLmoose is right – we were probably flat track bullies against inferior Div 2 sides but the NFL has done the right thing getting those sides into Div 3 and creating a stronger Div 2. How did Lalor look?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cold as ice bundoora will play finals really missed rogers at chf and a couple of others not making any excuses though west were very good and both teams will be there when it comes to finals.

Mont were horrible yesterday, might struggle a bit this year! :mad:

Give it a few more weeks Turtle...hopefully the new blokes start to click. Going to take a while with so many new faces.

Some very interesting results on the weekend - well done to Macleod.

Good for the comp.

Thanks for that River Rat. In fairness to Thommo, they lost a lot of quality players including their skipper after they defeated us in the 2008 GF and couldn't replace them. We lost a couple from our 2009 premiership side but got some quality ins including new ruckman (Long), Corry from Coburg Tigers and A. Murray, J. Andrew (who didn't play on Saty) and Paynter from your club. So we have depth to add to likes of Lynch, Corr, Shaw, A. Bennett, J. White who are in our top echelon and lot of tallish utilities who have benefited from putting on a few kilos. No, we won't be 5-0 when we play the Tigers but Saty gives us a bit of belief. We have to be on our game every week and our old mate LLmoose is right – we were probably flat track bullies against inferior Div 2 sides but the NFL has done the right thing getting those sides into Div 3 and creating a stronger Div 2. How did Lalor look?

Really how good is the NFL,do not get me wrong iam not having a shot at Longy he is a great bloke.He came from Huntly in the HDFL Huntly have not won a game in nearly 2 seasons he would have been down the middle order when you look at the ruckmen going around in the HDFL,BUT I MUST SAY GOOD LUCK TO HIM FOR THE SEASON

First round produced some interesting results but wise judges will wait for a few more rounds before attempting any educated assessments.

Passed through Warringal Park then over to De Winton for the last stanza. Heidelberg mostly dominant but very wasteful in front of goal. Lalor's leg speed worried the Tigers on occasions.

Stirring win by Macleod on Melican Park however crowd sledging of the Cougars even out did some Bloods supporters' appraisal of J Murphy's character.

It looked ominous early but to Lalor's credit they ran out the game pretty well. Having said that though I don't think they'll be too much of a threat this year. They put a lot of emphasis on Hall who played somewhat of a decoy role leaving Caddy to run a muck and finish with nine (would have given off another 6).

How did Hamish Paynter go?

It looked ominous early but to Lalor's credit they ran out the game pretty well. Having said that though I don't think they'll be too much of a threat this year. They put a lot of emphasis on Hall who played somewhat of a decoy role leaving Caddy to run a muck and finish with nine (would have given off another 6).

How did Hamish Paynter go?

He was good (named in best). Our initial thoughts when we got him was he might be best suited defensively but he gives more grunt on the ball. Certainly not afraid to get his hands dirty.

and that particular person who said the comment should be ashamed,however, I don't agree that those comments were worse than the incident in question. Steve did the right thing and put the spot fire out pretty quickly and we move on.

racism far outweighs a jumper punch.

More then one person around the ground. Racism doesn't belong at any club. period. NFL hopefully will act. reports are that it wasn't confined to the supporters and i hope this isnt true

racism far outweighs a jumper punch.

More then one person around the ground. Racism doesn't belong at any club. period. NFL hopefully will act. reports are that it wasn't confined to the supporters and i hope this isnt true

There's no point me commenting any further as I only heard the one comment after the NP player got red carded and got dealt with by
the club president at that moment.

Moving on - NP looked like they lacked a bit of height. I think Macleod
was a bit too quick & youthful for your boys.

How about Saad !!!! He is that good, they named him twice

unless the umpires or offical hear it nfl wont act on it they like 2 think it dose'nt happen

unless the umpires or offical hear it nfl wont act on it they like 2 think it dose'nt happen

Bit harsh. Under the circumstances, difficult to respond to an alleged incident. Perhaps you or some other person may want to lodge the appropriate documentation along with the names of any potential respondents. Failing that you may have an argument.

Bit harsh. Under the circumstances, difficult to respond to an alleged incident. Perhaps you or some other person may want to lodge the appropriate documentation along with the names of any potential respondents. Failing that you may have an argument.

The Nanny State.What has the world come too.

Good weekend of footy boys and girls...... Plenty of surprises in the senior games but how did all the 2's games go...... any surprises there??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back