Northern Football League Division 1 - Part V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that you will be that far off the mark. I can't ever remembering a D2 team coming upto D1 and playing finals (it is a top 5 this isn't it ??)

My predictions as follows :

Heidelberg
Bundoora
Northcote Park
Montmorency
West Preston
North Heidelberg
Eltham
Lalor
Macleod
Greensborough

I think your prediction will be pretty close Underbelly, Also, I must ask how different is your team this year to what won the premiership in Div 2, Have you recruited any new players, I was at the GF last year and are interested to see how you go in Div 1 this year.

I think your prediction will be pretty close Underbelly, Also, I must ask how different is your team this year to what won the premiership in Div 2, Have you recruited any new players, I was at the GF last year and are interested to see how you go in Div 1 this year.
northcote park won div2 in 94 finished 5th in div1 in 95 missing the 4 by one game. runners up in 96 then won flags in 97 99 00 01 02. its hard but can be done

northcote park won div2 in 94 finished 5th in div1 in 95 missing the 4 by one game. runners up in 96 then won flags in 97 99 00 01 02. its hard but can be done
correct if if i am wrong but they did have a lot of $$$ back then, unfortunatly Macleod is a local club without the $$ of the big Divvy 1 clubs so we can not make the impact the NP did 15 years ago.

Word out of Sydney Cres is that several of Lalor's recruits for 2010 are yet to arrive from Darwin and Lance has stacked on another 20kg. Heidelberg better chuck a few extra hot dogs in the warmer for the big man.

The word I have heard out of Sydney Cres is that Big Lance has actually retired ! I have also heard that there are "SEVERAL" other players who were less than impressed with the clubs mid week decision to "fine" them for not attending all the pre season training . THIS I am told was "one of" the reason's behind Lance's decision to give it away!
Lalor are NOT a happy team going into the season opener against Heidelberg.

G'day guys. Hope all is well! As I have just made an account here on Bigfooty I can't begin a thread, so I'm just posting a collective post in all the 'Division' threads plugging my show.

As you could all probably tell from my username, I am Lukey D, host of the Northern Football League Junior Show which begins back tomorrow from 10am - 11am on 88.6 Plenty Valley FM. I'm also the special comments man, and soon to be one of the main commentators for the NFL on a Saturday arvo.

So feel free to tune in tomorrow morning from 10am and then stick around until 1pm for the Preview Show and then listen to the call of North Heidelberg V Montmerency.

Hope to get some feedback from you guys, positive/negative/constructive criticism etc.

Have a good night guys, Lukey D.

correct if if i am wrong but they did have a lot of $$$ back then, unfortunatly Macleod is a local club without the $$ of the big Divvy 1 clubs so we can not make the impact the NP did 15 years ago.
you are correct,but its not the amatuers its semi professional.its good local players can make a quid out of footy.

Watch out for number 17.

for the panthers

Yahoo, I'm getting really excited, only 13.5 hours to go :thumbsu:

It will be great to see the Legend in action back in the Panther colours after spending the last 17 or so years in the football wilderness.

Could we expect 40 plus possessions in his second coming club debut ??

Lets hope so.:)

2010 Division One Seniors
Heidelberg 5.9 13.10 17.13 23.20 (158)
Lalor 0.1 5.3 7.5 11.7 (73)

GOALS:
Heidelberg: Caddy 9 Sinclair 2 Harvey 2 Favrin 2 Logie Miller Houlihan Franchina Hall Nolan Seiter Murphy
Lalor: Seeley 3 Harrower 3 Morrison 2 Shepherd Hughes Morrison

BEST:
Heidelberg: Houlihan Miller Caddy Logie Hall Murphy
Lalor: Thomas Shepherd Morrison Marshall Seeley Mc Veigh

Macleod 7.8 10.10 12.19 19.24 (138)
Northcote Park 4.1 6.5 8.8 13.10 (88)

GOALS:
Macleod: Corr 5 Lynch 5 Bennett 2 Bottomley 2 Lovett White Woodhams Paynter Long
Northcote Park: Saad 5 Colman 3 Violato 2 Dowd O'Connell Ricco

BEST:
Macleod: Long Andrew Bottomley Murray Paynter Lynch
Northcote Park: Saad Colman O'Connell Saddington Carter Violato

North Heidelberg 2.2 5.5 9.9 12.12 (84)
Montmorency 2.3 3.6 4.7 6.11 (47)

GOALS:
North Heidelberg: Massey 3 Green 2 Kelly 2 O'Neill Florance Holmes Naylon Gilbert
Montmorency: Limbach 2 Cusack Giles McFerran Banbury

BEST:
North Heidelberg: King Green Holmes Mc Kenna Ellis Assi
Montmorency: Fitzgerald Pepyat Tennant Cusack Danlinkiewicz McGregor

W Preston Lakeside 3.1 7.5 9.7 13.7 (85)
Bundoora 3.4 6.5 7.7 11.9 (75)

GOALS:
W Preston Lakeside: Robertson 5 Morrison 3 Heaney Vincitorio Williams Ewing Micevski
Bundoora: Shelton 3 Fletcher 2 Gloury Belbasis Ergunen Vasilevski Craker Harrison

BEST:
W Preston Lakeside: Watt Meese Micevski Gannon Robertson Micevski
Bundoora: Vasilevski Hyde Gloury Craker Contessa Mitchell

Eltham 1.2 8.6 12.8 16.13 (109)
Greensborough 4.2 6.2 12.5 15.10 (100)

GOALS:
Eltham: Currie 6 Weatherald 3 Sandy 2 Connelly Tenace O'Sullivan Shaw Sturgess
Greensborough: Hutchinson 4 Shaw 2 Rogers 2 Pemberton Atkins Grubb Riddle Scarce Gration Gunn

BEST:
Eltham: Currie Sturgess Shaw Connelly Perry Weatherald
Greensborough: Hutchinson Atkins Gration Gunn Howard Tarr

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Before you all start salivating and casting aspersions keep in mind all the home teams got up. Well done but lets not get ahead of ourselves. It's early days. However, Old Mav would be filthy considering the coin they've spent. The new kids on the block taking an unexpected scalp. Victims are we? Who are we going to blame?

not really. ran us off our feet and played well. they were up for it. big saad still nailed 5 and didnt really turn it on. wait till he clicks into 2nd gear

stay tuned with more to come out of the mcleod cougars game. disgraceful.

Please elaborate O.M.

Whatever it is you are talking about, it could not possibly account for the 50 pt margin you were shellacked by.

Your only hope would or could be is an unregistered player and I'm sure not even Macleod would be that stupid. Would they ???

Please elaborate O.M.

Whatever it is you are talking about, it could not possibly account for the 50 pt margin you were shellacked by.

Your only hope would or could be is an unregistered player and I'm sure not even Macleod would be that stupid. Would they ???

With the likes of the 'plastic gangsta' getting on here and not backing his team prior to the performance today what-da-ya-rekon :D

your kidding undiesmelly just cause the league helped you get to divvy 1 :thumbsdown:your playing with the big boys now:eek: so theres no pulling strings this year!;) but it wouldnt be Macleod to not talk themselves up look forward to reading the results each week "Macleod got smashed by .........."
and now your thoughts are???:p:p:p

why don't you post your opinion?
i do believe that bundoora will miss the finals...just
they'll be 0-3 after the first three games, west @ west, heidelberg, mont followed by norf, who they might beat

0-3 is going to happen chicknfeed...and i told you so :D

stay tuned with more to come out of the mcleod cougars game. disgraceful.

I think you may have your facts wrong Old Fella.

Started in the 19's when the water boy (Father of the Captain) jumped the fence and assualted an U/17's player in the crowd. I've never seen a club in such dissarry and with no organization as NP. Can't believe a club with so much talent is run so poorly. No supporters, no one putting thier hand up to help and obviousley not many who really care about the club. I feel sorry for blokes like Joey and Baz who'd be welcome at the clouders any day.

I won't say too much about the reports until they become public but I will say that I did HEAR and SEE everything.

Good luck too all and watch out Lalor!

Just want to know where Dogseye and LLgoose have been hiding over the past week. No problems at all with Macleod ground yesty other than the fact it swallowed up Northcote Park in all 3 games. Macleod under-19s bursting with talent and got us off to a great start, reserves came from 7 goals down to kick 11 goals in the last quarter and snatch unbelievable win, seniors played out of their trees and ran NP off their feet. Corr, Lynch, new gun ruckman Long all outstanding other than Lynchy missing a few sitters. Saw Clutch L (the one with the raspy voice) explaining late last night how he would have kicked them...love his work. Club made huge $$$ in its first game in Div 1 since 1981. New coach's box funded by Lexus of Blackburn and built by major sponsor Martin Chiminello (not council as referred to in previous post) was magnificent. Reports from other games because there are no scores in either paper today - how bad it that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back