Northern Football League Division 1 - Part V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct - Thats the word from a very high up source

How far out of the Northern Region/DFL do they want to move the finals? Who's going to go? Driving issues? Preston is not the best answer but where is better? At least keeeps the contact with the Nortern Knights. I wouldld have thought somewhere in the traditionanl heartland of the DVFL/NFL. Maybe Heidelberg?

How far out of the Northern Region/DFL do they want to move the finals? Who's going to go? Driving issues? Preston is not the best answer but where is better? At least keeeps the contact with the Nortern Knights. I wouldld have thought somewhere in the traditionanl heartland of the DVFL/NFL. Maybe Heidelberg?

NFL need a venue that is fully fenced/enclosed which excludes Warringal Park. Other issue with Heid is it is in the middle of a large public park with the Yarra trail bike path around/through it.

Westgarth St is the ideal ground but parking is atrocious. Vic Park a little further away, good surface but also poor parking and is about to be redeveloped.

NFL need a venue that is fully fenced/enclosed which excludes Warringal Park. Other issue with Heid is it is in the middle of a large public park with the Yarra trail bike path around/through it.

Westgarth St is the ideal ground but parking is atrocious. Vic Park a little further away, good surface but also poor parking and is about to be redeveloped.

What about Watsonia as a finals venue? It's in the heart of the NFL demographic, nice big ground, plenty of parking, new rooms and a chance for Watsy to make a few badly needed dollars. It's an ill wind that always blows at Cramer St...just ask the Whittlesea coach.

What about Watsonia as a finals venue? It's in the heart of the NFL demographic, nice big ground, plenty of parking, new rooms and a chance for Watsy to make a few badly needed dollars. It's an ill wind that always blows at Cramer St...just ask the Whittlesea coach.

The reason for the enclosed ground and not an NFL ground is for the admin to be able to charge everyone, Watsonia has plenty of ways to get in without paying and also becaue of the liquor licence. If they used an NFL ground the admin wouldn't be able to get a licence as it would be the home club that 'owned' the licence and all monies taken. Oh, and Victoria Park is on the train line for pretty well all supporters so you don't have to worry about drinking and driving.

The reason for the enclosed ground and not an NFL ground is for the admin to be able to charge everyone, Watsonia has plenty of ways to get in without paying and also becaue of the liquor licence. If they used an NFL ground the admin wouldn't be able to get a licence as it would be the home club that 'owned' the licence and all monies taken. Oh, and Victoria Park is on the train line for pretty well all supporters so you don't have to worry about drinking and driving.

Interesting point SRS. Who gets the bar takings at Cramer St? The NFL or the Bullants? I know Bayswater (Div 2 in EFL) host Div 1 finals and make big coin on the bar at finals time.
Anyway, I'd like to see Watsonia get a bit of a financial bunk up even if the odd cheap-skate can sneak in. Don't worry about a train to Vic Park. Get off at Watsonia, have a couple of pots at the RSL and walk down to the ground. Call a left jab at 7pm and you have had great day, miles from feral Collingwood territory! I still have nightmares as an opposition supporter going to that place.

Interesting point SRS. Who gets the bar takings at Cramer St? The NFL or the Bullants? I know Bayswater (Div 2 in EFL) host Div 1 finals and make big coin on the bar at finals time.
Anyway, I'd like to see Watsonia get a bit of a financial bunk up even if the odd cheap-skate can sneak in. Don't worry about a train to Vic Park. Get off at Watsonia, have a couple of pots at the RSL and walk down to the ground. Call a left jab at 7pm and you have had great day, miles from feral Collingwood territory! I still have nightmares as an opposition supporter going to that place.

At Cramer Street for the NFL finals, all monies from the inside the ground bar sales goes to the NFL, and naturally those that go into the club give their money to Preston. And agree that Vic Park was a feral ground and still hate anyone in black and white - sorry J&B.

Was having a bit of a debate at the clubs last night; in your opinion if you had to tag one of Sinclair or Harvey .. who would it be?

Harvey. Having said that JB if I was coaching the Mont machine then Jake Williams (number 8) would be on top of my list in terms of potential players to be tagged.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is anybody else here looking forward to seeing the photos from "Pinksborough" this week? Great charity and worthy cause, and great way of promoting it...:thumbsu:

preston is not the venue,i have watched a couple of minor finals at eltham the last couple of years and have found the atmosphere and viewing to be ideal.sure there would be a couple of issues as there would be at all grounds but im sure the nfl and local council could get together and spend some money to make improvements

the one thing is it is smack bang in the middle of traditional DVFL/NFL heartland.

2010 Division One Seniors
Northcote Park 5.2 8.6 10.9 15.14 (104)
Eltham 4.5 6.8 9.10 13.13 (91)

GOALS:
Northcote Park: Saad 4 Andrews 2 O'Connell 2 Papas 2 Colman 2 Elasmar Chilcott Ledda
Eltham: Weatherald 3 Currie 2 Connelly 2 Sturgess 2 Hocking Taglieri Perry Soligo

BEST:
Northcote Park: Donaghey-Arrowsmith Elasmar Whillans O'Connell Kelly Habchi
Eltham: Richardson Varsamakis Rogers Sturgess Weatherald Soligo

Macleod 2.4 9.5 13.5 17.9 (111)
North Heidelberg 3.1 7.2 14.4 19.6 (120)

GOALS:
Macleod: Lynch 6 Bennett 3 Corr 3 Woodhams 2 Andrew Walter Long
North Heidelberg: Massey 4 Holmes 4 King 3 Florance 2 Kelly 2 Godfrey Dean Mc Kenna Gilbert

BEST:
Macleod: White Lynch Corr Nankervis Andrew Bennett
North Heidelberg: Kelly Holmes Assi Scannell Massey Florance

Lalor . . . .
W Preston Lakeside . . . .

Heidelberg 4.5 10.11 12.13 19.16 (130)
Montmorency 1. 3.2 8.2 12.3 (75)

GOALS:
Heidelberg: Caddy 5 Franchina 3 Nolan 2 Anderson 2 Favrin 2 Logie Crispe Drapac Williams Sinclair
Montmorency: McGregor 2 Nugent 2 Steven Ford Reinke Fitzgerald Limbach Sacco Mc Cracken Green

BEST:
Heidelberg: Kennedy Nolan Symes Miller Dobson Crispe
Montmorency: Nugent Tennant Green McFerran Keenan Mc Cracken

Greensborough . . . 10.9 (69)
Bundoora . . . 17.11 (113)

Is anybody else here looking forward to seeing the photos from "Pinksborough" this week? Great charity and worthy cause, and great way of promoting it...:thumbsu:

Watched the second half and saw a great game of footy absolutely ruined by the umpires. Without a doubt some of the dumbest decisions I've ever seen. However, to dale Fowler and the rest of the Borough Committee and the Bulls for taking part in the spirit of the game, what a fantastic effort. Well Done Borough:)

What do you expect? Kevin Smiths job is to get as many umpires on the field as possible, not to improve umpiring.

What do you expect? Kevin Smiths job is to get as many umpires on the field as possible, not to improve umpiring.

Smithy is doing his best but the fact is you cannot teach someone common sense. Last quarter Bull V Slime, Boro boy takes mark at half forward running toward goal, takes on defender and gets caught and taken to ground in a fair tackle. Decision. Free kick Boro 50 m penalty certain goal. Reason. "I hadn't called play on yet." Just no common sense.:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back