Northern Football League Division 1 - Part V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone got any results or information from LaLa, oops, Lalor land from this afternoon ? Or has it finally dawned on the knuckleheads over there that they are going to get relegated and the place has imploded ?

word is he will probably not play a game for heidelberg. Will be drafted

Guaranteed to be drafted, thats a given. The reason he left is typical of Eltham. Once his career at afl level finishes odds are now he will not head back to Eltham once itsdone. If they looked after their youngsters better then chances are they would be more loyal as they get older.

Guaranteed to be drafted, thats a given. The reason he left is typical of Eltham. Once his career at afl level finishes odds are now he will not head back to Eltham once itsdone. If they looked after their youngsters better then chances are they would be more loyal as they get older.

Yeah by all reports, it runs in the family he is just like saul, money will decide where he play not any loyalty

around 80% of the eltham side is ex juniors - you really have not got a clue

ADAM SIMPSON (north m), PAUL CURRIE (swans rookie), PETER MOORE Coolingwood melbourne) are just three of those that headed back to eltham after their afl career, get your facts right before making such uneducated statements

If you are from heidelberg, yeah you really look after your juniors you cant even field a competitive under 19 side. Your juniors are crap anyway. Your under 19 side from last year played in the finals then most left as they woke up that they would not be looked after, in preferance to mercanaries.
When your money ruins out you will be down in second division that quick it does not matter. ( rumour its not far off either)

Anyone got any results or information from LaLa, oops, Lalor land from this afternoon ? Or has it finally dawned on the knuckleheads over there that they are going to get relegated and the place has imploded ?

What a rock show, they are always late.

What a rock show, they are always late.

From what I hear it was a nice old game at Lalor, all in brawl, 'boro trainer kicked in the head, 4 Lalor players red carded.

Have fun in 2nd Div tools, it is great that I will not have to travel to that scum place again hopefully for a long time.

Lalor imploded 4 days before the first round with their idiotic AFL style discipline to their own local NFL players. :rolleyes:
They have followed this up with special team meetings where they issued threats of derigistration and fines which they thought would motivate their players?:confused:
A question that the Lalor decision makers and coaching staff should ask themselves is "Has ANY Lalor player improved this year"?.
I believe the answer is "NO". The results this season is proof of that.
WHY is this so?

The loss of Whitnall has been far more damaging to that club then they even realise themselves. Big Lance not only performed on field by kicking goals but his presence on field gave the younger Lalor boys a confidence that has been lacking in just about every game this season. It also gave all the opposition sides a mental edge in not having to worry about the one Lalor player who was capable of winning the game off his own boot!:rolleyes:

Macleod should take a close look at Lalors dramatic slide this year .
Lalor had two very good and promising years in Div 1 in 08 and 09 but with
some poor management and lack of recruiting they have undone all their good work in a shocking 2010 season and they now find themselves back where they were in 2007. :rolleyes:

Maybe being the big fish in the smaller pond is where they want to be ?:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

when was the last time heidelberg were held scoreless in a quarter? it happened in the 1st yesterday.

Northcote Park played well yesterday.

... Maybe being the big fish in the smaller pond is where they want to be ?:rolleyes:

Doubtful. I reckon there will be quite a few at Lalor that will be filthy regarding the outcome of the management decisions you've mentioned.

Wondering what reason (and for how much) Heidelberg signed Josh Caddy considering he's almost certain to get drafted.

1. If it was the hope of getting the cash that is given for developing players they have missed out as the AFL rules show that the Eltham Junior FC and EFC wil get the cash.

2. to look like they can produce AFL players (well that is a joke)

3. hoping that if he does not get drafted he will play for them (like Saul, Josh will always go for the cash over club loyalty) or

4. they will keep Saul happy that he can play a game or 2 with his brother (as the Knights may have a bye and the Knights may let him play)

Whatever, it does seem to show that Heidelberg's cash is just too much compared with other clubs. Luckily Eltham, Greensborugh and co. seems to now see that they have to develop a culture of looking after their juniors.

In Josh's case, doubtful he was ever loyal to Eltham (never captained a side since under 10's at Eltham , played 99 games and had no interest in coming back to play his 100th). Sadly all the years he was looked after at Eltham seems to mean nothing to him. Still I see that the Juniors at Eltham are wishing him well.

Maybe one day Heidelberg may produce an AFL player. Eltham have has 6 in the last 4 years. The Berg Nil. Also the upcoming clubs seem to have a lot of juniors coming thru.

Cash is not everything (but it helps)

From what I hear it was a nice old game at Lalor, all in brawl, 'boro trainer kicked in the head, 4 Lalor players red carded.

Have fun in 2nd Div tools, it is great that I will not have to travel to that scum place again hopefully for a long time.

Anybody know what the scores were for Lalor Greensborough ?

Wondering what reason (and for how much) Heidelberg signed Josh Caddy considering he's almost certain to get drafted.

1. If it was the hope of getting the cash that is given for developing players they have missed out as the AFL rules show that the Eltham Junior FC and EFC wil get the cash.

3. hoping that if he does not get drafted he will play for them (like Saul, Josh will always go for the cash over club loyalty) or

4. they will keep Saul happy that he can play a game or 2 with his brother (as the Knights may have a bye and the Knights may let him play)

Whatever, it does seem to show that Heidelberg's cash is just too much compared with other clubs. Luckily Eltham, Greensborugh and co. seems to now see that they have to develop a culture of looking after their juniors.

In Josh's case, doubtful he was ever loyal to Eltham (never captained a side since under 10's at Eltham , played 99 games and had no interest in coming back to play his 100th). Sadly all the years he was looked after at Eltham seems to mean nothing to him. Still I see that the Juniors at Eltham are wishing him well.

Maybe one day Heidelberg may produce an AFL player. Eltham have has 6 in the last 4 years. The Berg Nil. Also the upcoming clubs seem to have a lot of juniors coming thru.

Well you are a tool. Josh has not been paid or is going to be. Me and josh both never really played many games for eltham from the 15's onwards as the Knights don t allow it. Eltham have never looked after any of there juniors thats why not many good one's stick around. If Eltham looked after there juniors they'd be the most successfull club in Australia as there is ex eltham players all over the state. As for him never being Captain what has that got to do with being loyal Josh probably did'nt show early signs of being the player he is now and thats why he was not a captain. As for not having money at your club when i was a junior there Eltham had plenty and a bloke named @#$%^ stole it all and now he is incharged of the money handling again. There has been a number of blokes at that club over the years that have been caught stealing money so it's no ones fault but there own. As for me and josh being hung up on getting paid thats a joke a good friend of mine in Phil Maylin offered me 18000 rain hail or shine to go back to Eltham in 04 and i stayed at North for 350 a game which is 6500 for the year.Big difference and Josh is'nt like that either and has never had a chance to play for money. The only reason he got cleared to Heidelberg was to maybe play a game with me and after being named all Australian today i won't let him risk getting injured running around in park footy he's got much bigger fish to fry now. Get your facts right you dill as you have no idea jealousy is a curse. As for Eltham producing afl players it's probably one of the biggest growth areas in victoria so its probably a dissapointment that only six afl players have come out of the joint.

good one sherlock. heidelberg paid him a fortune for that signature because they knew it would hit a raw nerve with you eltham flogs. i can understand your frustration, we steal your juniors after you've developed them into respectable senior players then pump you year after year. pretty sure if saul had been lining up for west heidelberg then josh (who doesn't owe the eltham fc anything by the way) would have followed suit. To suggest he was paid is laughable as it is quite obvious this will be the only oppourtunity the two will get to play together.

good one sherlock. heidelberg paid him a fortune for that signature because they knew it would hit a raw nerve with you eltham flogs. i can understand your frustration, we steal your juniors after you've developed them into respectable senior players then pump you year after year. pretty sure if saul had been lining up for west heidelberg then josh (who doesn't owe the eltham fc anything by the way) would have followed suit. To suggest he was paid is laughable as it is quite obvious this will be the only oppourtunity the two will get to play together.

once again you prove why you call yourself oxy moron

Northcote Park played well yesterday.

Doubtful. I reckon there will be quite a few at Lalor that will be filthy regarding the outcome of the management decisions you've mentioned.
So boof im a slab down from last week time to get it back, saul 10 you think still?????

Where's all our Boro posters from last week ? Can you give us a report and scores from yesterdays game at LaLa, oops Lalor, land ?

Did the game actually finish as the scores are still not up on the NFL website ? And are the rumours about an all-in brawl and red cards substantiated ?

Personally I find this totally unpostworthy, so I will post.

Kids will be kids, I say good luck to him, watched him years ago and you could tell then he was going to make it to a good level. Kids are now leaving their Clubs earlier and earlier so they do not have any real loyalty, I am sure the ones that do remember where they came from enjoy that fact they return/still play at the Club they where a Junior at.

I, for many reasons have been to a few Clubs in four states. I see blokes that are still at their junior Club and look at them with great envy. they have real friendships that they have had for years.

But people moving around IS life, all strong juniors can do is keep doing as they are doing and senior Clubs ensure they have a good passage through to keep them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back