Northern Football League Division 1 - Part VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
rocca will not be playing until round 5 when collingwood has a bye!
im pretty sure goodwin and presti will be playing on saturday as bombers play on the saturday night and its a early game!

And u's would be happy to know that west will be getting new home and away changes rooms build on the back of the current building starting in early june, also they are getting new windows put in as we speak :thumbsu:

GOOOOO THE ROOSTERS

And u's would be happy to know that west will be getting new home and away changes rooms build on the back of the current building starting in early june, also they are getting new windows put in as we speak

Outstanding!!!!!!!:thumbsu:

rocca will not be playing until round 5 when collingwood has a bye!
im pretty sure goodwin and presti will be playing on saturday as bombers play on the saturday night and its a early game!

And u's would be happy to know that west will be getting new home and away changes rooms build on the back of the current building starting in early june, also they are getting new windows put in as we speak :thumbsu:

GOOOOO THE ROOSTERS

Bombers v Blues Saturday arvo, so Goodwin will be out.

Had a look at eltham - northcote park on the way home from work, close all day, both sides made alot of mistakes

Eltham's prized recruit, full forward keenan (number 5) did not touch it, dont know how he kicked 150 goals in wrfl, must be an ordinary comp

He got a yellow card for elbowing, should of been reported. Very funny to watch the eltham ferals give him a standing ovation when he come back on!!

Both sides will give the top 5 a shake once the cobwebs are cleared

Eltham will really struggle this year, Keenan looked unfit and overweight so don;t know where they will get their goals from,watching them on Sat they are not the same side they were last year. seemed lethagic and disenterested at times,will really battle to win games and with their draw in the first few weeks may be mentally scarred , NP should have won this game by 12 goals, what are Bundy going to do to them this Sat..

Popped down to Warringal today and its this simple Boro deserved the 8 point win and really should have had it sewn up at qtr time but due to bad kicking!! Led all day bar 5 mins and no one would deny the victory.Simple structures are better and Heid are simply too old big and slow and no one at the ground would have denied that including any Heid supporter.First of a few losses at Warringal for this year.Youth speed and most importantly discipline was the key!!! I have watched many heid games over the last 6 years and they are light years behind previous sides, got smashed at clearances ,turned the pill over all day and continually gave away 50s due to 4 qtrs of pressure.After the final siren it was silent for at least a minute as all realised what was a great era is OVER!!!!!! Well done Slime and it was perfectly clear to all Heidy to go again need youth.

Watched Macleod v West today. Was really impressed with the way Macleod took it up to West! More skilful and bigger bodies West, but the enthusiasm and work rate of Macleod nearly was enough! Cannot see how West will get much value out of Presti if they continue to play him as the negating defender he was at Collingwood! Saw that they had him in there best 3 but would be worth a shot forward as he has the big body and can take a grab! Certainly won`t win them games of footy back there and would be easy for oppo clubs to exploit his style in defence!

Popped down to Warringal today and its this simple Boro deserved the 8 point win and really should have had it sewn up at qtr time but due to bad kicking!! Led all day bar 5 mins and no one would deny the victory.Simple structures are better and Heid are simply too old big and slow and no one at the ground would have denied that including any Heid supporter.First of a few losses at Warringal for this year.Youth speed and most importantly discipline was the key!!! I have watched many heid games over the last 6 years and they are light years behind previous sides, got smashed at clearances ,turned the pill over all day and continually gave away 50s due to 4 qtrs of pressure.After the final siren it was silent for at least a minute as all realised what was a great era is OVER!!!!!! Well done Slime and it was perfectly clear to all Heidy to go again need youth.
Totally agree with your assessment of the game no excuses. To old big and slow and the great era is over,maybe. The only thing i can't figure out is why you are still an apprentice after joining in 2006.

Encouraging effort by the Panther yesterday after last week. Was up at 3/4 but the much bigger bodied Bulls had the wind and ran over the top of them. If I could find a flaw in the Bulls line up it would be they are all big! When the Panther got their run on through the middle they really could not catch them. But skill shone out in the end, Cloke is huge and can take a grab and with Dennis even bigger and Harro looking very fit the Bulls are clear favourites for the flag at the moment.

Encouraging effort by the Panther yesterday after last week. Was up at 3/4 but the much bigger bodied Bulls had the wind and ran over the top of them. If I could find a flaw in the Bulls line up it would be they are all big! When the Panther got their run on through the middle they really could not catch them. But skill shone out in the end, Cloke is huge and can take a grab and with Dennis even bigger and Harro looking very fit the Bulls are clear favourites for the flag at the moment.

Yeah thats a fair comment on yesterdays game and I'd go as far as saying Eltham somewhat wasted their opportunities in the 3rd with a handy breeze.Took it right up to the bulls yesterday but were hurt in the air by the smaller defenders.Great to see they have a forward line capable of kicking a winning score and not just against the minnows,they will push even the top sides with Cloke,Haro, Rogers and the much improved Matty Dennis. Along with Moorecroft who will get plenty of crumbs around the goals good luck to the defenders against them this year.

But given that they do lack leg speed something which may hurt them when it counts, but if they can get the pill inside forward 50 enough they will win IMO.

Must mention the efforts of moose(gloury) kept the dangerous Curry to only 1 major, and hardly had a sniff. All in all good game of local footy:thumbsu:

Might need to check the schedule more carefully in future - turned up at De Winton for the 2nd half only to find the players walking off at the end of the game. Had no idea it was an early start :(. I know Heidelberg are planning some of these this season, any others?

Had to settle for an entertaining quarter from the U19s instead.

After the final siren it was silent for at least a minute as all realised what was a great era is OVER!!!!!! Well done Slime and it was perfectly clear to all Heidy to go again need youth.

Yep - chocolates to boiled lollies in a week. Grit and determination displayed at Mont sadly lacking against a slick Boro outfit with Bongetti the standout.
Discipline appalling although not helped by another puzzling display from one of the yellow shirts - did he arrive at the game on a motorbike or a spaceship?

Two weeks to re-group and face a stern test at Yulong which will be a better measure of where the dynasty stands

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More like that Bundoora did a Collingwood and did enough to win against a no threat opponent to them this year, truly hope Eltham get going but they can't keep relying on the "baby panthers" statement for too much longer, and not much(if anything in their two's) ....

good to see whittlesea get off to a good start, both 19s and seniors. They are a very young side and hopefully will be successful in div 1 for the next few years

good to see whittlesea get off to a good start, both 19s and seniors. They are a very young side and hopefully will be successful in div 1 for the next few years
i agree me22, the problem with whittlesea will be there depth there seconds have struggled in there games and once injuries hit its gona become much harder.

More like that Bundoora did a Collingwood and did enough to win against a no threat opponent to them this year, truly hope Eltham get going but they can't keep relying on the "baby panthers" statement for too much longer, and not much(if anything in their two's) ....

U might always be happy, but u ain't always right.

Yes our 2s struggled against the Bunny twos which are a very good out fit. And rightly so given that the poor B#$***** can't get a game in the ones due all the star recruits ( read Mercenaries) you have running around.

And I would very much doubt anyone eased up on Saturday from either side, with perhaps the exception of Cam Cloke. In fact he seemed to ease up everytime he found himself in front of a pack, scared sh1tless he was going to cop one in the back of the head.

I've never seen more "Turtles" (head Ducks) by any player in the NFL/DVFL ever, especially from someone so big. Of course it was a different story when he was the 2nd or 3rd man in where he jumped /climbed the pack, but he certainly didn't like being a lead up target.

Yes our 2s struggled against the Bunny twos which are a very good out fit. And rightly so given that the poor B#$***** can't get a game in the ones due all the star recruits ( read Mercenaries) you have running around.

And I would very much doubt anyone eased up on Saturday from either side, with perhaps the exception of Cam Cloke. In fact he seemed to ease up everytime he found himself in front of a pack, scared sh1tless he was going to cop one in the back of the head.

I've never seen more "Turtles" (head Ducks) by any player in the NFL/DVFL ever, especially from someone so big. Of course it was a different story when he was the 2nd or 3rd man in where he jumped /climbed the pack, but he certainly didn't like being a lead up target.

You should know leroy you fat muppet, seen you play footy but you were that bad you did it in the magoos.Like your new recruit(keenan) he played that similar to you, did you sign him up yourself.:D

haha what a load of shit on all fronts.

Firstly a mercenary would be someone that takes his pay check and ****s off, doesnt attend any club functions and generally doesnt have much to do with the club in general. We at Bundoora are very happy to say all our recruits thus far have not demostrated any of these qualities. Are you confusing our recruits with your Mick Martins and your Simon Cox's of the world???

Secondly i seriously dont think you even watched the game on Saturday. I dont know what you were watching because the game i saw Clokey took about 10 contested marks throughout the game and was probably best on.

No wonder Eltham will always be average when you have dills like you, who have NFI about what is going on out on the park

You should know leroy you fat muppet, seen you play footy but you were that bad you did it in the magoos.:D

Very true Stringa, I did indeed play my last 8 seasons and 127 games of Magoos footy, but then again you might have missed the 12 seasons and 180 Senior games I played before that.

Of course, I admit none of my 300 odd games of open age footy were all that good, but I'm happy to say I never once shirked an issue.

How many games you got up ya sleeve Old Fella?

haha what a load of shit on all fronts.

Firstly a mercenary would be someone that takes his pay check and ****s off, doesnt attend any club functions and generally doesnt have much to do with the club in general. We at Bundoora are very happy to say all our recruits thus far have not demostrated any of these qualities. Are you confusing our recruits with your Mick Martins and your Simon Cox's of the world???

Secondly i seriously dont think you even watched the game on Saturday. I dont know what you were watching because the game i saw Clokey took about 10 contested marks throughout the game and was probably best on.

Funnily enough Cat, the likes of Micky Martin & Coxy were recruited by the Shark. And although these may have commanded some coin, they too did put plenty back over the bar. Micky might have even played a few games without payment too given he had a couple of horrendous Funny Money Night punts.

As for Cloke, I never said he didn't take contested marks. He did indeed take them when he was 2nd or 3rd into and in some case over the pack.

But I make no mistake when I say he shirked at least 3 contests on the wing (almost in front of Coach's box), when he clearly had front position. Ask Sharkey or any of the coaching staff what they thought, coz it stood out like the proverbial Dog's Nakkas!

You should know leroy you fat muppet, seen you play footy but you were that bad you did it in the magoos.Like your new recruit(keenan) he played that similar to you, did you sign him up yourself.:D

A bit harsh stringa. The season before last I saw KA play. He was a gun. Well ... sought of.

I would be more inclined to say your "mercenaries" played for diddly squat due to the fact you didn't pay them cos you were/ are broke. Have you managed to pay those blokes you owe money to from past seasons yet???

And I was in very close proximity to our coaches box and I can honestly say * I don't have the slightest clue to which contests your talking about. Just spoke to shark and he said he is happy see Clokey shirk as many contests as he likes if he plays to that standard every week.

Anyway KA I'm fairly confident your gun full forward will have just as much impact this year as Cam...... Haha what's he on this year 2 pies and a couple of hotdogs a game. If you can afford it???

i agree me22, the problem with whittlesea will be there depth there seconds have struggled in there games and once injuries hit its gona become much harder.

that is very true, the reserves are struggling for numbers and whitt does lack potential senior players that play 2's. But there are 7-8 potential under 19s players that played seniors on the w/e due to a few players being droped and unavailable, but the seniors will most likely look to the 19s before they look the the 2's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back