Northern Football League Division 1 - Part VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well ventured up plenty road to see the rivals of the Eagles V Macloed up at the show grounds, with Macloed kicking into the WIND! Started strong with the Eagles thinking back to the 09 Div 2 Grand Final, they looked startled but found a way to re group and with Page dominating in all bounces and in the air around the ground the Eagles held and were 4 Goals down at 1/4 Time, the second 1/4 Whittlesea with the wind started to build with Fairchild strong up forward they looked good and evened it up at the main break!

After the long break Macloed through White and Corr they put on a strong display of good football with Whittlesea struggling to keep up, Macloed went into the final break with a 6 Goal lead as the wind died down it looked like Macloed where in a good position and was even made stronger when Macloed goaled in the first minute to extend the lead out to 7 Goals the biggest margin of the Game, Then Whittlesea's centre line started to run and overlap with a great run by a few new faces 35 Dyson and 4 Briffa (don't know if that is right) well both were involved in two goals that got the Eagles inspired and with Volpe sending home a goal from outside 50 with minutes to go and put the Eagles up by a point the Eagles held the ball up in there Half before the final siren..

Great game of footy from both sides great spectical and glad i chose this game to go too, would love to see the tackle count from the Eagles as they were very good in that department all day!

Well ventured up plenty road to see the rivals of the Eagles V Macloed up at the show grounds, with Macloed kicking into the WIND! Started strong with the Eagles thinking back to the 09 Div 2 Grand Final, they looked startled but found a way to re group and with Page dominating in all bounces and in the air around the ground the Eagles held and were 4 Goals down at 1/4 Time, the second 1/4 Whittlesea with the wind started to build with Fairchild strong up forward they looked good and evened it up at the main break!

After the long break Macloed through White and Corr they put on a strong display of good football with Whittlesea struggling to keep up, Macloed went into the final break with a 6 Goal lead as the wind died down it looked like Macloed where in a good position and was even made stronger when Macloed goaled in the first minute to extend the lead out to 7 Goals the biggest margin of the Game, Then Whittlesea's centre line started to run and overlap with a great run by a few new faces 35 Dyson and 4 Briffa (don't know if that is right) well both were involved in two goals that got the Eagles inspired and with Volpe sending home a goal from outside 50 with minutes to go and put the Eagles up by a point the Eagles held the ball up in there Half before the final siren..

Great game of footy from both sides great spectical and glad i chose this game to go too, would love to see the tackle count from the Eagles as they were very good in that department all day!

Had a look at eltham - northcote park on the way home from work, close all day, both sides made alot of mistakes

Eltham's prized recruit, full forward keenan (number 5) did not touch it, dont know how he kicked 150 goals in wrfl, must be an ordinary comp

He got a yellow card for elbowing, should of been reported. Very funny to watch the eltham ferals give him a standing ovation when he come back on!!

Both sides will give the top 5 a shake once the cobwebs are cleared

i agree!! very poor! how did the mighty mont machine go?
well welcome to divvy 1 footy seas.well done on your first win in the big time. a great weekend of nfl footy. the bulls beating the undefeatable west.a great win. the slime beating a very undermanned north.the cougars beating the panthers up at panther park.sorry to see that denny another long season it seems . then the biggest surprise of the round us beating monty at monty. must have been us training on the sand on thursday night.got us ready for the big game. a tremendous struggle all day. football the winner and now onto the slime next week.cant see us winning but hey miracles do happen. for all your berger news www.heidelbergfc.com.au.

A few corrections. Macleod kicked with the wind in the 1st quarter (not against it). Macleod is not spelt Macloud.

Whittlesea were on the button all day. They deserved their victory & cudo's to them. They certainly play their home ground very well.

That gets that road trip out of the way for 2011 (thank god).

And a few corrections. It's kudos not ninemsn cudos. And my dad slept with your mum last night, then rolled over, laid on the couch and then snored himself to sleep it was that boring!:eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And a few corrections. It's kudos not ninemsn cudos. And my dad slept with your mum last night, then rolled over, laid on the couch and then snored himself to sleep it was that boring!:eek:

That's hilarious ! Was this whilst he was watching Black Cavier on the
Sky Channel replay ? Who was holding the remote ?

A few corrections. Macleod kicked with the wind in the 1st quarter (not against it). Macleod is not spelt Macloud.

Whittlesea were on the button all day. They deserved their victory & cudo's to them. They certainly play their home ground very well.

That gets that road trip out of the way for 2011 (thank god).

Yes UB sorry for the mistakes, well the Eagles do seem to play the showgrounds well! and will be a bonus for them this year with not many in div 1 would have played there at all and having played there a few times in the past it is very different to other grounds, they will challenge many up there! and are thinking about going to watch them play a few teams up at the showgrounds to see if they can hold onto a div 1 spot.. if the Eagles can win a few away games they will secure a bearth in 2012 div 1

Also will be keen to watch Macleod on there home ground as they play it well too... looking to be a cracker 2011 Div 1 seasons and plan to watch all teams this year!! the comp is improving!!

then the biggest surprise of the round us beating monty at monty. must have been us training on the sand on thursday night.got us ready for the big game.

Lovely work Snakecharmer. Tough, grinding win first up at Para Rd.

Mont's poor conversion in the last quarter didn't help their cause and neither side helped by absolutely mystifying decisions from George the Silver Bodgie.

Needs to read the rule book and also learn the game is not about him - I've seen fewer theatrics at a performance of Cirque De Soleil.

Lovely work Snakecharmer. Tough, grinding win first up at Para Rd.

Mont's poor conversion in the last quarter didn't help their cause and neither side helped by absolutely mystifying decisions from George the Silver Bodgie.

Needs to read the rule book and also learn the game is not about him - I've seen fewer theatrics at a performance of Cirque De Soleil.

went down to greensborough on sat arvo the doggie's are in deep trouble ...a big show to see them running around in divvy 2 next season not only losing the footy but also look very timid out on the ground

went down to greensborough on sat arvo the doggie's are in deep trouble ...a big show to see them running around in divvy 2 next season not only losing the footy but also look very timid out on the ground

Round 1 and already this idiot Barmyarmy has Nth Heidelberg relegated to Div 2:rolleyes:. just because a pea heart like you would throw in the towell at the first sign of pressure does not mean Nth Heidelberg has you moron !

Round 1 and already this idiot Barmyarmy has Nth Heidelberg relegated to Div 2:rolleyes:. just because a pea heart like you would throw in the towell at the first sign of pressure does not mean Nth Heidelberg has you moron !

well it shore as hell looked like the white flag was up on saturday ..as i said in earlier post looked very very scared a lot of there player's seen a few cop 1 on the chin and did nothing about it .....now don't tell me that would of happened years ago

Can anyone from West Preston confirm if Rocca & Presti will be playing against Macleod this Saturday. I'm assuming as Collingwood are Friday night, that both would be available, and that Simon Goodwin will be fulfilling duties at Essendon.....

Should our canteen stock up more than usual with the anticipated crowd number ????

Can anyone from West Preston confirm if Rocca & Presti will be playing against Macleod this Saturday. I'm assuming as Collingwood are Friday night, that both would be available, and that Simon Goodwin will be fulfilling duties at Essendon.....

Should our canteen stock up more than usual with the anticipated crowd number ????

Don`t know about your canteen but since lower Plenty are away this week and I don`t travel as far as Hight St, could you make sure there is enough Johhnie Walkers cans in your fridge as I come down and observe Legs keeping the snoz out of trouble, whilst trying to get a kick?

be suprised if rocca played considering collingwood played last friday night and he was with the collingwood vfl side on saturday at visy park and they play again this saturday so my tip is that he will be with the collingwood vfl team again

Don`t know about your canteen but since lower Plenty are away this week and I don`t travel as far as Hight St, could you make sure there is enough Johhnie Walkers cans in your fridge as I come down and observe Legs keeping the snoz out of trouble, whilst trying to get a kick?

Fridge will be overflowing with Johnnie's for you Brutal. You'll need to be there very early to see Legs as ressies will kick the dew off this week. No danger of his snoz finding any more trouble...unless he tripped up jumping the fence.
Mickey Smith is looking forward to seeing Presti. Haven't been able to shut him up all week.

be suprised if rocca played considering collingwood played last friday night and he was with the collingwood vfl side on saturday at visy park and they play again this saturday so my tip is that he will be with the collingwood vfl team again

Word is Rocca won't play when Collingwood two's have commitments, so if they get five games out of him before finals they will be doing well. Then they can just drop a dribbler for the finals and bring in the giant hamstring.:D

Just killing time today and was flicking through the Northerner and had a bit of giggle when I came across the mighty Norf Heidelberg being sponsored by ALLIANCE Insurance. I persume the club alone will have no trouble giving ALLIANCE plenty of work....:thumbsu:;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back