Northern Football League Division 1 - Part VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent point Parade Old Boy. It will be a gradual process as our younger players get more Div 1 experience...eg, young Martin from the under 19s played on Moorcroft yesty and while he kicked six goals he never gave up at any stage and probably gained 20-30 games experience playing on an ex-AFL player. Seivers from the under-19s showed he belonged and we will play a few more before the season is out, including Storey, Brandt and A. Corr when Knights commitments allow. We will have a shop around at the end of the year but we won't be silly about it. All players from current list bar S.Lovett (heading OS) will be with us next year, just need to find some bigger bodies. Pretty sure Lynch will be back from Coburg so he's a very handy in. New gym being built now will be a huge bonus as well. Again, well done Bundoora, looking good for the 2011 flag.

Excellent start to the day for DC as he collected a healthy percentage of the Friday AFL 1/4 quad whilst dropping a few pots and some excellent Bangers and Mash at the Excelsior.

On arrival at Moore Park there was a very healthy crowd (and quite surprisingly NO marshal on the gate and heaps of locals with eskies...:confused:) With a healthy breeze the Panther started running well and kicked off to a 4 goal lead, the Roosters playing very smart and controlled know exactly what they need to do on their ground, especially against the wind and would not have at all been upset being 4 down at the 1/4. This was proven in the second when they started a with the breeze run and kicked away kicking 7 for the 1/4. Eltham where still in touch at the 1/2 but would need a big third. This did not really eventuate with some fundamental mistakes by the Panther coupled with some good plays by the Chooks saw the 3/4 lead to WPL at 6 points and with the breeze in the last. The final quarter was mostly enthralling, about half way through the Panther hit the lead and some thought what could be but the ever reliable Morrison proved the difference up forward and grabbed a few to take it beyond the visitors.

All in all a good game, umpires where great and there was some really good passages of play. Overall the Panther will rue some silly errors and some poor kicking into 50 but take nothing away from the Roosters who, whilst I reckon not at their 100% best will be happy with the win.

So where to from here, the Panther head back home to take on Macleod in what will no doubt be a tight contest. The Roosters will host the Slime in a game that will definitely shape the make up of the finals.

Having not seen Eltham play for many weeks,I ventured down to Moore Park and watched all three games, what stood out for me was the lack of professionalism compared to WPL of their two's side, one person in the box, no noticable game plan,maybe that is why WPL are better than Eltham their two's are coached just like their one's and have stats and board men for their two's, the Eltham coach cast a lonely figure in the box and also some of the more talented two's players of the Panthers lookev totally disinterested.The ones looked like they had many top line players out and did a good job considering. The 19's , can't see them beating the Boro in Finals

Sorry lads been away from the desk, however, Bundoora V Macleod, was cold, miserable and windy and that was the reception I got when I arrived home!
Seriously it was a crap day and the first half was equal to the task. As the game dragged on and the bigger bodies of the Bundoora players stood up it became an exhibition. Nothing against the Mac boys they battled on manfully.
Note for the day: It was good to see two football teams running the ball from end to end and not flooding or pressing or any of that crap football.
Ladies Day! Hmmmmmmmm Gotta luurve Ladies Day.

thanks for loggin in bruce almighty........you too big footy....stop talking in the third person..........................................................................its spiked ...................the milk again.................................................
Obviously up doing the night feed Brucey.
Next week try some brandy with the milk.............and stay off the lighter fluid.

Sorry lads been away from the desk, however, Bundoora V Macleod, was cold, miserable and windy and that was the reception I got when I arrived home!
Seriously it was a crap day and the first half was equal to the task. As the game dragged on and the bigger bodies of the Bundoora players stood up it became an exhibition. Nothing against the Mac boys they battled on manfully.
Note for the day: It was good to see two football teams running the ball from end to end and not flooding or pressing or any of that crap football.
Ladies Day! Hmmmmmmmm Gotta luurve Ladies Day.
Taken a while for you to pop your head up,still waiting for a report on last week's game.

Taken a while for you to pop your head up,still waiting for a report on last week's game.
don't be too harsh ff. most of the bunnies crowd couldnt find their way back to have a drink after the game let alone find their way to the computer. oh well its a long season.big game this week. the cougars killed us first time on our turf.its building.dont forget the big night at the club this week . the banquet auction night. be there early. 7 pm start.a great night for the club. look on www.heidelbergfc.com.au
go tiges.

Credit where credit is due, The tiges were certainly up and about for stinga's big day and got a massive jump which the bulls could not pull back. Tough hard footy all day and the reason why both teams love playing each other, hoewever, I am afraid that the tiger is stirring.
Can they make the finals lads?????:confused:

Credit where credit is due, The tiges were certainly up and about for stinga's big day and got a massive jump which the bulls could not pull back. Tough hard footy all day and the reason why both teams love playing each other, hoewever, I am afraid that the tiger is stirring.
Can they make the finals lads?????:confused:
well its going to be a struggle. i'd be more confident if we were playing the bunnies every week. www.heidelbergfc.com.au

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Predictions for top 5?
West Preston
Heidelberg
Bundoora
Greensborough
Montmorency

Predictions for top 5?
West Preston
Heidelberg
Bundoora
Greensborough
Montmorency

Tough year to tip this year, a lot of upsets along the way but for what it is worth my predictions for the top 5 at the end of the year are...
1 Bundoora
2 West Preston
3 Heidelberg
4 Monty
5 Greensborough (or Macleod :D)

Eltham 14.14.98 DEF Macleod 13.13.91 after Macleod held 3 goal lead at three quarter time.
mate we lead by 44 points at one stage. congrads to eltham who never gave in and got the points. sorry i didnt get in the rooms to meet u dennycrane im abit under the weather and had to get home to get ready for tonight. im sure their will be some interesting talking on here about this game as i hear there was a little incident after the game.......

mate we lead by 44 points at one stage. congrads to eltham who never gave in and got the points. sorry i didnt get in the rooms to meet u dennycrane im abit under the weather and had to get home to get ready for tonight. im sure their will be some interesting talking on here about this game as i hear there was a little incident after the game.......

Yes apparently the headline will read "The umpire strikes back"! One of the Leauges fave whistleblowers in a little bit of strife I hear!!

Jungle drums are beating that there may be an investigation

Yes apparently the headline will read "The umpire strikes back"! One of the Leauges fave whistleblowers in a little bit of strife I hear!!

I won't say and I can't say much, but I'd suggest some stress leave may well be in order.

There were some early signs even at half time that said whistleblower ( i don't know about the fave bit??) was perhaps not handling the pressure all too well.

Probably the most disappointing bit was, that for someone so experienced it led a very bad example for the couple of young umpires in the crew. Most extraordinary.

Well, early start for the old DC, few pots at the local whilst he donates more hard earned to the stock holders of the TAB then off for a lunch at Panther Place. For those that have not heard Dave O'Neil you need to, one of the better comedians to do a club lunch, absolute pisser and a great way to start the day.

By the time the Umps threw the ball into the turf to start the game I was fairly on the way ready for a massive game, one that ended in a 1 point margin last time they met.

As a Panther supporter I cannot say I enjoyed the first three quarters. Some really questionable decisions by the lads handed possession to the Kangas and if the could have actually kicked straight (5.10 for the second 1/4) it would have been over by half time. The third dished up a small improvement by the Panther, but those that watch them week in week out knew there was plenty of improvement they could do, down by 4 goals at the final break meant that a quick start to the last and they could run over the visitors.

Well Macleod jumped out of the blocks and had the first goal of the last 1/4 within 15 seconds and many thought that would be it, but alas to the Kanga faithful the Panther boys showed the rather smallish crowd what they are capable of and run over the top of them, forcing mistakes by the pressure they applied. Nail biting finish with a relieving 7 point win.

My best would have been Mick Rogneda having his best hit out this year and for his first hit out this year Chris Nanni did a fair bit.

Panther showed in the last 1/4 what they are truly capable of, I hope we see a few of those strung together in a match and anything could be possible.

VERY VERY interesting end to the game, not sure what the Kanga coach thinks he was achieving walking on the ground and giving the umps a fair spray, getting a red card for that I dare say he may regret doing it. As for the spectator/umpire incident, well I really don't know where to start YES the Ump should not have reacted but as we all know they ARE sacrosanct and really do not need that amount of abuse, especially when approached and screamed at. I am NOT sticking up for either participant, it was ugly and should NOT have happened and could have been avoided. I have no idea what will come of it as I know Macleod officials where not happy, very very disappointing incident.

Jungle drums are beating that there may be an investigation

I'd suggest you've been beating something other than drums tige! There was nothing in the game that would warrant an investigation of any sort. Two sides played. Macleod played a extremely good whilst Panthers played extremely poor in 1st half. In the 2nd half, roles were reversed. Probably fair to say that umpiring did no favours to either side at times, but I don't think this had any bearing on end result in anycase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back