Northern Football League Division 1 - Part VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Doggyballs.....I will have to jump behind the canteen and sell a few more pies & hotdogs to cover our future expenses coz god knows why they would want to play with their mates at a great club rather than chase coin elsewhere and be branded mercenaries ;)

ventured on down to shelley park on the w/end and the once mighty doggies i could not see them toppling heidelberg west atm very timid bunch down at the kennel:(

Surely you jest, 3 years ago - wouldn't have got within 30.

Would be a lot closer than what you think - especially with the side you had in on Saturday.

I'd have to agree, having seen them play a couple of times this year I don't think they would be out of their depth in division 1.

ventured on down to shelley park on the w/end and the once mighty doggies i could not see them toppling heidelberg west atm very timid bunch down at the kennel:(

Yes, must agree! With the relegation assured, will be interesting to see how they can ever get back to any resemblence of there former selves! Nothing coming through the system, so may be doomed to div 2 and god forbid perhaps local derby`s with West Heidelberg in a couple of years.:(

Being relegated to Div 2 is not the end of the world. Just ask Lalor who have been in and out of Div 2 & Div 1 a few times in recent years. They are surviving ok and with the financial cost of competing at Div 1 level getting higher each year maybe North Heidelberg might have to accept it is not a Div 1 club in these current times ?
The other question should be "WHO" in Div 2 is capable of going up to Div 1 next year and be competitive ? ( financially as well as with on field success)
I wonder if Lalor want to go back up next year ? Do they prefer to be one of the big fish in the Div 2 pool or a struggling minnow in Div 1 ?
These days i think the team that goes up must be "ready to go up" and not promoted up by way of just winning the Div 2 flag as Thomastown did in 2008. They have still not recovered from that disastrous 2009 season in Div 1. Hurstbridge won a Div 2 flag a few years back and became the whipping boy in Div 1 the next year. They have never quite
recovered from that "promotion" either ?

Being relegated to Div 2 is not the end of the world. Just ask Lalor who have been in and out of Div 2 & Div 1 a few times in recent years. They are surviving ok and with the financial cost of competing at Div 1 level getting higher each year maybe North Heidelberg might have to accept it is not a Div 1 club in these current times ?
The other question should be "WHO" in Div 2 is capable of going up to Div 1 next year and be competitive ? ( financially as well as with on field success)
I wonder if Lalor want to go back up next year ? Do they prefer to be one of the big fish in the Div 2 pool or a struggling minnow in Div 1 ?
These days i think the team that goes up must be "ready to go up" and not promoted up by way of just winning the Div 2 flag as Thomastown did in 2008. They have still not recovered from that disastrous 2009 season in Div 1. Hurstbridge won a Div 2 flag a few years back and became the whipping boy in Div 1 the next year. They have never quite
recovered from that "promotion" either ?

All the previous clubs had structures in place via junior programs/good admins to survive for another day. Nth Heidelberg are struggling with little and fast diminishing juniors, a playing list propped up by guys who should be playing Super Rules and an admin which is obviously hard working and dedicated but may struggle with the inevitable issues that will arise from possibly the clubs worst onfield in since the inception of div 2!

what are you going on about you silly twit??? who have macleod lost due to not paying what there worth???
of cause clubs will chase the coor brothers. ud be silly not to, but i can tell u as a mate of cathols he will not play against macleod so to any nfl side in div 1 dont bother, but most important he wont even bloody leave (unless vfl side) hes a loved guy at macleod on and off the feild and theres zero chance of us letting him go.......rubbish talk dogseye..

you cant stop him from going dipstick

i am talking about the corr brothers who you talking about brains?

you cant stop him from going dipstick

i am talking about the corr brothers who you talking about brains?

I'm not a gambling man, but I suspect Mustafish might have a big wager with you on this.
Anyone making those sort of public comments would certainly be keen to part with a few green notes ??????
Let's see how big your balls are ?

relying on spelling errors haha digging deep now son..:thumbsu:
lets just wait and see hey........

Well said Musta. You (and Rompa and Underbelly) know full well Cathal's background. One thing about the Irish, they are loyal. Poor old Dogseye reminds me of the pooch on the front of the little paper today....he gets fed too much crap. But just to inform and enlighten the more intelligent BF folk out there, Cathal has been invited to train with Collingwood (VFL) and there's a chance he could play some VFL and even train with the AFL Magpies over pre-season for a (potential) rookie spot. He was a rookie at St Kilda a few years back and as we know he's playing super footy. Little brother Aidan is a first-year Northern Knight and made an impressive senior debut for us last week as the Knights had a bye. His priority is not seeking another NFL club, rather putting himself up as a potential draftee at the end of 2012. Looking forward to seeing you all at De Winton on Saturday when we host the Doggies.

Well said Musta. You (and Rompa and Underbelly) know full well Cathal's background. One thing about the Irish, they are loyal. Poor old Dogseye reminds me of the pooch on the front of the little paper today....he gets fed too much crap. But just to inform and enlighten the more intelligent BF folk out there, Cathal has been invited to train with Collingwood (VFL) and there's a chance he could play some VFL and even train with the AFL Magpies over pre-season for a (potential) rookie spot. He was a rookie at St Kilda a few years back and as we know he's playing super footy. Little brother Aidan is a first-year Northern Knight and made an impressive senior debut for us last week as the Knights had a bye. His priority is not seeking another NFL club, rather putting himself up as a potential draftee at the end of 2012. Looking forward to seeing you all at De Winton on Saturday when we host the Doggies.

And I was getting some scratch together to hit up the unsuspecting dribblers here in BF....

Damn you GWH - you've let the cat out of the bag.

I vote we leave the rumour mill for player movement until the end of the season (when its probably a little more realistic) then we will have something to talk about then....:thumbsu::):thumbsu: It is getting as boring as the old faithful "they spend to much the cashed up bastards...." posts that sometimes litter this forum.

I am sure there is better things from last weeks games (Macleods big win, Monts demise) or this weeks games (Bulls try to break 6 year hoodoo, Couger v Roosters big clash)

Just my opinion, unless you guys want to keep waffling on about it then how about we make a thread "WTF will happen to the Corr Brothers" :D:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Could someone please tell me how get a look at a draw for your league so i can try and pencil in a Northcote Park game so as to watch a couple of former Seymour Lions legends get a kick? Trying to fit it in to our next split round, cheers ! :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Prefer the Corr sisters DC.
Best thing out of Ireland since Tullamore Dew ;)
yes but nothing to compare with our williams sisters . looks like we might have 2 back in action soon.the momentum is slowly building.we just might sneak into the five.so all come along to the early game to see ourr home grown legend andy martin play his 200th and then the later game with stinga harvey playing his 250th.a big crowd should be there.see you there boof and solatium www.heidelbergfc.com.au.see you all saturday.

Heading off to The Block on Satdy to see the Bulls confirm The Tiggers status as the biggest sliders since they closed the toboggan run at Mt Donna Buang. Pretty sure the last time we won there was in the pouring rain a few years back and that was by the narrowest of margins. What a day, I think the boys had to get changed in an old tiolet block and then walk 200 metres to the ground, ha ha oh well surely that has been fixed up by now!

Heading off to The Block on Satdy to see the Bulls confirm The Tiggers status as the biggest sliders since they closed the toboggan run at Mt Donna Buang. Pretty sure the last time we won there was in the pouring rain a few years back and that was by the narrowest of margins. What a day, I think the boys had to get changed in an old tiolet block and then walk 200 metres to the ground, ha ha oh well surely that has been fixed up by now!
Not sure how long you've been following the Bulls for but I'm pretty sure the day you are talking about was 2006 in the rain and it ended in a draw, so Bundoora remained undefeated for the rest of the season and belted The 'Tiggers' by 10 goals in the last game. Ask around as to what happened over the next couple of weeks. I dunno where West Preston finished that year. As for facilities I think your club is the only one that have built their own elevated coaches box (2 old bus shelters stacked on top of each other) and f@#% the visiting side. Anyway while at the Block tomorrow make yourself known and ask one of the 'Tiggers' faithful to stop dusting off those Premiership Cups and show you around the new facilities being constructed in a magnificent location, unlike the corner of Plenty Road and whatever.

Good to see that chip on your shoulder is as big as ever,actually can you give Phil a call and let him know that Heidelberg only have a permit for thirty blokes with clipboards in their coaches box.

amazing game at boro today. whittlesea kicked the first 2 against the wind in the last and most people were thinking it was over. Boro got back in and kicked 3 to get up by 3 points. Well done! Good to see the players keeping there head up and winning.

what is going on with this league, 8th beats 6th, 4th beats 1st, 9th almost beats 3rd and 5th almost beats 2nd. that is what you call an even league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back