Northern Football League Division 2 - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre season prediction Macleod,Mernda,Whittlesea,Epping,Diamond Creek and Fitzroy Stars to fight it out for the top 4 with Watsonia,Lower,Hurstbridge Morang Parkside and Panton Hill to fight for the last 2 spots in Div 2 and Reservoir and West to finsh a long way back.Leading goal kicker Nick Lynch.Best in comp Mungara or Heenan

just got home from the nfl fundraiser at barling reserve,a magnificent day had by all, congrats to the players for there display of footy all the volunteers from many clubs the attitude of all who attended and finally the orginisation from the nfl led by Jarryd Carey well done by all

This years prediction for me see Macleod, Whittlesea, diamond creek, and fitzroy stars fighting for top spot. with epping, mernda not far off. Leading goalkicking will be kyall Ewart and best in comp will be mungara brown. ( but jarrod king if he plays )

This years prediction for me see Macleod, Whittlesea, diamond creek, and fitzroy stars fighting for top spot. with epping, mernda not far off. Leading goalkicking will be kyall Ewart and best in comp will be mungara brown. ( but jarrod king if he plays )

Ewart - potentially if he can play the whole year.
How about this potential forward line at Macleod:
Ewart, Lynch, Scooter
Tsingaris, Lovett, Corr

That's 2 players who have kicked over 100 goals a year, Ewart & Lovett
who regularly kick 2-4 per week, and versatile / elusive players in Zinga
and Corr who are matwchwinners in their own right.

Add to that, Kane Shaw who can be swung from CHB to CHF and
Lundberg from HBF to HFF.....

Options aplenty

Backs, onballers / ruck division also having major influence.

Only problem is how to fit 30 genuine senior players into 22 positions.

Ewart - potentially if he can play the whole year.
How about this potential forward line at Macleod:
Ewart, Lynch, Scooter
Tsingaris, Lovett, Corr

That's 2 players who have kicked over 100 goals a year, Ewart & Lovett
who regularly kick 2-4 per week, and versatile / elusive players in Zinga
and Corr who are matwchwinners in their own right.

Add to that, Kane Shaw who can be swung from CHB to CHF and
Lundberg from HBF to HFF.....

Options aplenty

Backs, onballers / ruck division also having major influence.

Only problem is how to fit 30 genuine senior players into 22 positions.

Looks like one way traffic in divi 2 this season, with only one side in it. Certainly a lot of cockiness coming out of Macleod!!!

Seems we keep hearing the same things each year. Macleod are the best side. The only reason we keep hearing it each year is because at the end of the seasson, they arent the best side.

As for the problem of having 30 genuine senior players fitting into 22 positions, choose the best 22.

Looks like one way traffic in divi 2 this season, with only one side in it. Certainly a lot of cockiness coming out of Macleod!!!

Seems we keep hearing the same things each year. Macleod are the best side. The only reason we keep hearing it each year is because at the end of the seasson, they arent the best side.

As for the problem of having 30 genuine senior players fitting into 22 positions, choose the best 22.

Ahm......I was only talking about options. Did I say "we're the team to beat" ? or "we're the best" ?......That's ok. It's you all have in inferior complex about Macleod, then I cant help you.

Anyone know if Mernda has any pratice matches organized ?

I've been checking their website but that has'nt changed since b4 xmas and now it's gone ?

I was running the site but as hard as it is to believe in todays day and age but the site just doesn't have any priority at the club. I organised for it to be redesigned and had it looking awesome and up around christmas and were waiting from more info from the club. As you can see it never arrived. I have no idea why the site is down now though...

Ahm......I was only talking about options. Did I say "we're the team to beat" ? or "we're the best" ?......That's ok. It's you all have in inferior complex about Macleod, then I cant help you.

You big heads will never learn

Hi All, Parkside F.C. in the Northern FL (Div2) is looking for a practice match on either April 4th or 5th. Can play at our ground or can travel. Please call Peter Dean on 0401 779 563 or PM me.

Yeh that's what it is - an inferiority complex. Has nothing to do with the fact that you are making out as if the team you are going to field is near unbeatable. Would have thought you might let your actions do the talking, rather than going around blowing your own trumpet and ending up with egg on your face again!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've heard the same thing about Reservoir too, not sure how much truth there is to it though, If even 1 of these 2 teams fold i'd say that would kill the Div 3 dream for another few years.

not the case at reservoir

there was 36 on the track last night (monday)
5 others were at the clubbut did not train
5 couldn't make it for various reasons
and then there are those who only appear when the matches start.

not every night has had these numbers but there hasn't been a night where we have been under 20.

Yeh that's what it is - an inferiority complex. Has nothing to do with the fact that you are making out as if the team you are going to field is near unbeatable. Would have thought you might let your actions do the talking, rather than going around blowing your own trumpet and ending up with egg on your face again!

At least my bugle actually blows some sort of tune unlike yours
that needs polishing

At least my bugle actually blows some sort of tune unlike yours
that needs polishing

For the record, I think Macleod are the team to beat. I just cant believe the cockiness that comes out of the place and the fact that you are beating your own chests after what has happened in recent seasons. Like i said, how bout you let your actions do the talking and if you happen to get across the line at the end of the season, then you can carry on as much as you like.

For the record, I think Macleod are the team to beat. I just cant believe the cockiness that comes out of the place and the fact that you are beating your own chests after what has happened in recent seasons. Like i said, how bout you let your actions do the talking and if you happen to get across the line at the end of the season, then you can carry on as much as you like.

Blow me ! All I wrote was the options Macleod had this year and was
getting a bit excited about the season......Didn't say we would win it, didn't say anything about opposition teams. Go figure ?????

Maybe we should have seperate team threads so you can decide
what you want to read in future...

By the way , how's our past coach going at Lower ? Has he turned up
wearing his Macleod windbreaker yet ?

Blow me ! All I wrote was the options Macleod had this year and was
getting a bit excited about the season......Didn't say we would win it, didn't say anything about opposition teams. Go figure ?????

Maybe we should have seperate team threads so you can decide
what you want to read in future...

By the way , how's our past coach going at Lower ? Has he turned up
wearing his Macleod windbreaker yet ?

If you cant see the cockiness in the way you were carrying on and big noting your side, well then it is quite clear why you havent got the job done the past few seasons!!!

they can have all the skills and guns in the world but won't win a flag til they get some balls and ticker.

If you cant see the cockiness in the way you were carrying on and big noting your side, well then it is quite clear why you havent got the job done the past few seasons!!!

You're right...I was big noting Macleod....stiff shit.
You just worry about Lower Plenty making finals for a change kneebone

Great comeback Rodney.....

I guess Mernda are a few decades away from a sniff.......

Mernda have shown plenty of ticker mate. I've spent the last day of the past two seasons celebrating my premierships. What did you blokes get upto then?

Notice I mentioned Ticker and Balls, Im not talking about skills or talent because you blokes have proved you need more then that over the last few years. Thats why I mentioned my u19s and reserves flags. One thing nobody can knock about mernda is our ticker. Take note of last years 2s grand final. u19s 2007s first final against hurstbridge and last years senior final against Macleod, sure we lost the final against Macleod but put in a massive performance against a team that were vastly superior throughout the year and were unlucky to lose.

Mernda have shown plenty of ticker mate. I've spent the last day of the past two seasons celebrating my premierships. What did you blokes get upto then?

Notice I mentioned Ticker and Balls, Im not talking about skills or talent because you blokes have proved you need more then that over the last few years. Thats why I mentioned my u19s and reserves flags. One thing nobody can knock about mernda is our ticker. Take note of last years 2s grand final. u19s 2007s first final against hurstbridge and last years senior final against Macleod, sure we lost the final against Macleod but put in a massive performance against a team that were vastly superior throughout the year and were unlucky to lose.

Well then, I'll talk about my premiership medals from Under 10's, 11's and 12's if thats the criteria.....They might be important to me but nobody here gives 2 shakes about it much the same as your U 19's or reserves flags.

I can't see Mernda's, Macleod's or Lower Plenty's name in the history book winning the 2008 D2 Premiership......so stop digging up historical crap.

It's funny when anyone sprukes about Macleod, everyone else mentions grand final losses. You guys can't think of anything else to say that's original. The GF thing has been done to death. I may as well go back to the posted threads in September and read the originals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back