Epping by 200 over Heidelberg West
Mernda by 60 over South Morang
Macleod by 30 over Diamond Creek
Whittlesea by 80 over Panton Hill
Lower Plenty by 100 over Reservoir
Fitzroy by 70 over Hurstbridge
Parkside by 10 over Watsonia

Macleod - v - Diamond Creek : Listen to 88.6 Plenty Valley FM
for commentary. Macleod have selected a full strength team, Diamond Creek have a ground advantage having played their a few times in the past few seasons.

Parkside - v - Watsonia : I guess the loser of this match will win the D3 Premiership. If Parkside can carry their form last week against Macleod, then that will go a long way towards winning this vital match.

Diamo will beat Macleod i reckon. having seen both teams from the sidelines, they seemed stronger and more dominant. will be a good game though.

Cat see parkside beating watsonia, from what i saw they were ordinary and rellied on too few. that said watsonia weren't amazing either...

HUGE day at Reservoir, they're holding a 25 year re-union for their triple premiership year. Hosting the Bears, anything could happen. Apparently Anthony calea is singing the 2 blues song as they enter the oval.

Diamo will beat Macleod i reckon. having seen both teams from the sidelines, they seemed stronger and more dominant. will be a good game though.

Cat see parkside beating watsonia, from what i saw they were ordinary and rellied on too few. that said watsonia weren't amazing either...

HUGE day at Reservoir, they're holding a 25 year re-union for their triple premiership year. Hosting the Bears, anything could happen. Apparently Anthony calea is singing the 2 blues song as they enter the oval.

having watched diamo last 2 weeks i tend to favour macleod.to me diamo have no enforcers and seem 2 lack the genuine toughness that it takes 2 win close encounters.sure they won last week but at home should have won by more in my book i am a huge fan of diamo but they havent impressed me at all lately.

TOUGHEN UP CREEKERS.

Anthony Calea..wow.book me in.might even get s..ked off after the game.

This weeks tips :

Epping by 200 over Heidelberg West
Mernda by 60 over South Morang
Macleod by 30 over Diamond Creek
Whittlesea by 80 over Panton Hill
Lower Plenty by 100 over Reservoir
Fitzroy by 70 over Hurstbridge
Parkside by 10 over Watsonia

Macleod - v - Diamond Creek : Listen to 88.6 Plenty Valley FM
for commentary. Macleod have selected a full strength team, Diamond Creek have a ground advantage having played their a few times in the past few seasons.

Parkside - v - Watsonia : I guess the loser of this match will win the D3 Premiership. If Parkside can carry their form last week against Macleod, then that will go a long way towards winning this vital match.

Yes, two massive matches this week that could easily set the scene for the remainder of the season.
1. West Heidelberg are back to their darkest days, and they have had many of them, with Epping looking to increase their percentage. Epping to win by around 150 points.
2. Playing for the South Yan Yean Cup, Mernda should absolutely trounce a pitiful South Morang by over 100 points.
3. The match of the year so far and a preview of the Grand Final. Both teams have been playing in contrasting form recently, but I still fancy Diamond Creek to remain unbeaten and put some doubt into the Macleod minds. Creek by 15 points.
4. A big chance for Whittlesea to keep in touch with the leaders and should easily account for a Panton Hill team (club) reviewing their future. Whittlesea by 45 points.
5. Even without Andy Knee, Lower Plenty will be smarting from last week's capitulation and take out their frustration on a disorganised Reservoir. Lower by 75 points.
6. Back on the winners list and only playing Hurstbridge will be a blessing for Fitzroy All Stars who shouldn't have any trouble winning by 60 points.
7. The other pivital match is at AK Lines Reserve where the loser is all but guaranteed to be playing in Div.3 for the remainder of this and the next (assuming there will be one next season). Both Watsonia and Parkside have been hot and cold recently, but Parkside showed some good glimpses last week and should keep their season alive with a 8 point win.

See you all at Shelley Street tomorrow.

On reflection l feel that l have been harsh on the whittlesea coach the word belt was never said let us say strongly intimidate would be much fairer although l do not agree with either the inference that someone was sent out to belt someone was wrong, sorry coach
Takes a man to retract a statment sometimes!Well done
I'm sure a phone call would also influence a quick retraction.
Loyalty go back to pumping up your son to anyone that's willing to listen and stay away form a club you have nothing to do with ya flog.

I'm sure a phone call would also influence a quick retraction.
Loyalty go back to pumping up your son to anyone that's willing to listen and stay away form a club you have nothing to do with ya flog.

I think canyoudigit you have me mixed up with someone else,first of all l received no phone call from anyone,my sons are 12 and 9, both play for sth morang and are just learning the game and why l was there last week was obviously the morang connection and also l used to play in the valley and know a few people the week before l watched mont also because of the boys from morang

having watched diamo last 2 weeks i tend to favour macleod.to me diamo have no enforcers and seem 2 lack the genuine toughness that it takes 2 win close encounters.sure they won last week but at home should have won by more in my book i am a huge fan of diamo but they havent impressed me at all lately.

TOUGHEN UP CREEKERS.

Surely this is some sought of in house gag that doesnt deserve a response but I will anyway......

To suggest that diamo lack 'toughness' is extremely rich.

To me toughness in football is 'when it is your turn to go, you go. Without fear of consequences and disregard for ones safety'. Is it not?

The Diamond Creek onball division of Cusack, Taylor, Jackson, Burrell, O'Connor, McQueen and Burrell have this in spades. They would have layed mroe tackles than any other onball brigade in the comp. Bar none.

Simon Perryman, Josh Summers, Luke Simpson and Josh Smith back into packs for fun. To suggest that the Diamond Creek team is weak is a disgrace.

Onto last week. Due to injuries and two harsh red cards (strange from o team lacking 'enforcers') Diamo were playing with just the 18 eligible players from the start of the second quarter. They had kicked one goal to half time and were not playing there usual style.... And they still beat Whittlesea, a supposed contender (pretender) by a comfortable margin. Not bad for a supposed 'weak' team. The saying 'great teams win when they dont play well' probably applies here. And in my mind great teams are usually tough. So pull your head in you muppet.

Onto this week in the match of the yr. Creek have a couple of important players out due to suspension and injury but they are being replaced by the vice captain (mcqueen) and a bloke who kicked sixty odd goals in diviosn one 2 yrs back (kinnane) so the boys form creek are still brimming with belief. Will be a very interesting game to see where macleod is at. Lets see if they 'swan about' like they are the ducks guts come 5 o clock tomorrow when they have been handed a football lesson normally reserved for division 2 grand final day.

My predicions for the day:
creek will win by 5 in the big one.
Coach whitcroft wil make between 5-7 terrible jokes that will only be politely laughed at by the players too remain in his 'good books'.

Most of this post is actually also taking the pi5s, but 'go creek' anyway.
Cheers.

Surely this is some sought of in house gag that doesnt deserve a response but I will anyway......

To me toughness in football is 'when it is your turn to go, you go. Without fear of consequences and disregard for ones safety'. Is it not?

The Diamond Creek onball division of Cusack, Taylor, Jackson, Burrell, O'Connor, McQueen and Burrell have this in spades. They would have layed mroe tackles than any other onball brigade in the comp. Bar none.

Simon Perryman, Josh Summers, Luke Simpson and Josh Smith back into packs for fun. To suggest that the Diamond Creek team is weak is a disgrace.

Onto last week. Due to injuries and two harsh red cards (strange from o team lacking 'enforcers') Diamo were playing with just the 18 eligible players from the start of the second quarter. They had kicked one goal to half time and were not playing there usual style.... And they still beat Whittlesea, a supposed contender (pretender) by a comfortable margin. Not bad for a supposed 'weak' team. The saying 'great teams win when they dont play well' probably applies here. And in my mind great teams are usually tough. So pull your head in you muppet.

Onto this week in the match of the yr. Creek have a couple of important players out due to suspension and injury but they are being replaced by the vice captain (mcqueen) and a bloke who kicked sixty odd goals in diviosn one 2 yrs back (kinnane) so the boys form creek are still brimming with belief. Will be a very interesting game to see where macleod is at. Lets see if they 'swan about' like they are the ducks guts come 5 o clock tomorrow when they have been handed a football lesson normally reserved for division 2 grand final day.

Coach whitcroft wil make between 5-7 terrible jokes that will only be politely laughed at by the players too remain in his 'good books'.

Cheers.

I dont know about the other blokes but josh summers very tough boy iv seen him cop some of the biggest hits and get straight up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers.

After todays result with this sum up I would be too embarrased to get back onto the web for at least two weeks:confused:

. Will be a very interesting game to see where macleod is at. Lets see if they 'swan about' like they are the ducks guts come 5 o clock tomorrow when they have been handed a football lesson normally reserved for division 2 grand final day.

:d:d:d

well i recon macleod will smash diamo by 139 points! what a win!
well done to the macleod boys. they didnt have 1 passenger all day. everyone did they're part and the score board showed that.
diamo...... well we will just put it down to a bad day for u boys. the whole comp knows that you boys are better then what we saw today. we could play u boys next week and i very much doubt that the margin would be within 8 goals either way.
macleod back on top of the ladder were we belong. with just that one bad day against the stars. hope we get to make up for that after the split of the div.

Go on try and tell me your not the RED HOT favourite now.

You're a very astute judge Stude...I felt sorry for Diamond Creek when the coach said at 3/4 time, "if you don't run this quarter, you will all be at training on Monday, Tuesday & Thursday, in fact, we will train those days and if anyone misses a session, don't expect a game next week."
I was expecting something along the lines of "lets aim to win the quarter
to take something away from this game".....pfffftt

These sort of speeches are usually reserved for post game.

Nonetheless, Diamo will bounce back next week and Macleod have the 'bye'

Mernda still premiership favourites :p

Can anyone post all of the scores for Div 2:

I can't login to the NFL site perhaps it sb NFW

Danaka:confused:

2009 Division Two Seniors

Reservoir 2.4 4.3 3.4 11.11 (77)
Lower Plenty 5.2 6.2 1.6 20.14 (134)

GOALS:
Reservoir: Reiner 6 Breeding 2 Collins Defelice McGrath
Lower Plenty: O'Donnell 6 McLaughlin 4 Barden 4 Strickland 2 Newbegin 2 Elliott Tsapatsaris

BEST:
Reservoir: Breeding Pretty Miller Minniti Keyes Reiner
Lower Plenty: Strickland O'Donnell Morrell Mc Taggart Tsapatsaris Barden

Macleod 4.3 13.5 21.9 25.10 (160)
Diamond Creek 0.0 1.0 1.0 3.3 (21)

GOALS:
Macleod: Corr 8 Ewart 5 Bennett 4 Lynch 3 White 2 Watts Bennett Woodhams
Diamond Creek: Kinnane Burrell Loader

BEST:
Macleod: Corr Crompton Bennett Andrew Shaw Bennett
Diamond Creek: Whitehouse-Summers Taylor Burrell Constance Phelan O'Connor

Panton Hill 0.1 3.2 5.4 6.9 (45)
Whittlesea .45 8.6 14.10 24.14 (158)

GOALS:
Panton Hill: Gill 2 Woods 2 Layt Whitcher
Whittlesea: Nixon 6 Dornauf 5 Marks 4 Buhagiar 2 Snowdon 2 Deards Heenan Barker Quinton Ryan

BEST:
Panton Hill: Strickland Box Brown Whitcher Strongman Woods
Whittlesea: Dornauf Heenan Behan Skehan Buhagiar Dyson

Fitzroy Stars 7.4 11.4 21.7 25.8 (158)
Hurstbridge 4.3 6.7 9.13 17.13 (115)

GOALS:
Fitzroy Stars: Hayes 10 Edwards 3 Welsh 2 Brown 2 Brown 2 Brown Young Kanoa Proctor Rioli Mitchell
Hurstbridge: Atkins 5 Mc Auliffe 3 Keenan 3 Ullungura 2 Caldwell Callen Jellie Kerinaiua

BEST:
Fitzroy Stars: Proctor Brown Hayes Brown Edwards Young
Hurstbridge: Mc Auliffe Carmody Atkins Bellingham Ullungura Baillie

South Morang 5.0 7.4 10.7 13.11 (89)
Mernda 8.1 15.9 23.14 36.15 (231)

Watsonia 5.3 13.5 16.6 24.9 (153)
Parkside 5.3 8.5 16.8 17.10 (112)

GOALS:
Watsonia: McGregor 6 Ciavola 4 Hogg 4 Byrne 3 Eccles 2 Hay Brundell Loney Harris Ventura
Parkside: King 8 Gresham 3 Romano McKinlay Friel McLaren Egan Hockey

BEST:
Watsonia: Paladino Ventura Loney Hogg McGregor Hay
Parkside: McLaren King Gresham Lekkas McKinlay Egan

2009 Division Two Seniors

Heidelberg West 1.0 3.1 4.2 5.2 (32)
Epping 7.2 13.3 20.5 26.10 (166)

GOALS:
Epping: Willitts 11 Garland 4 Kefalas 3 Sheldrake 2 Garland 2 Hamling Haberman Loorham Ciavarella

BEST:
Epping: Moore Kefalas Willitts Garland Sheldrake Lirosi

I'll bet anything Heidelberg West can kick more against Macleod next week than the "GREAT" Diamond Creek were able to this week. What a joke and as for those two useless pieces of sh*t in the ruck nos 19 & 20 they would be better planted into the ground and turned into goal posts. What a waste of space. What were there names again "Can't mark & Can't kick" or something like that. Well done to Macleod to dominate a previously unbeaten team

A blowout today for Macleod. If someone had told Diamond Creek that their Reserves would be goaless to half time, and their ones would have only the one snag on the board at three quarter, I think they would have said they would eat their own hat if that happens.

If Macleod's number 4, Cathal Corr, isn't leading the league best and fairest by a street call me Joe Gillet.

Looks like Lynch, Ewart, Mahoney, Reimers will all be out next week in the game touted as by Macleod sources as "Heidleberg Rest".

Will be expecting a much closer game come finals, and can someone let me know if Diamond Creek had a few outs and injuries this week.

Purple Monkey Dishwasher

Obviously Creek will never be that bad again so you cannot take too much out of the win. On the other hand the Kangaroos were just magnificent. They played smart footy, ran in numbers, displayed excellent skills, each every player played well, both as an individual & a team man where required. The best MFC performance i've winessed in fifteen years of watching. Well done boys & coaches - enjoy the win for the moment.

With a few injuries you have Lovett, Wendt & Murray all GF players ready to come in for the West game.

Champagne Football!!!

Tyson Truong ( 93 for mernda), what a f***ing w***er! Kicks a goal from a handball recieve running into a open goal when they are 20 goals up and sprints to the forward pocket in front of the club rooms and does some little gay dance, what a hero, must of forgot about being driven in the ground for holding the ball 10 mins before that after trying some fancy footwork. You beat a club down on its knees that has no confidence, lacks any sign of a game plan,terrible skills and continue to play injured players each week that only last a few quarters, had no one left on the bench in the last quater and injured sitting in the forward pocket and oh also Shane bamford rucked all day in the reserves for morang before being called up to play in the seniors aswell. So yeah great win Mernda, the way Truong and a few others celebrate your goals against a lowley struggling D3 club, just raise the flag down at mernda now cause Macleod, Diamo, Epping and the Stars are just making up the numbers! The first quater and a half there was none of that shit when Morang took it to you was there, BIIIIIIGGGGGG HEADS, small brains obviuosly to allow players celebrating like that during a game agains a club like Morang. I have seen Morang cop some massive thrashings this year and I dont think you are no where near as good as you think you are Mernda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back