Northern Football League Division 2 - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The big issue of this year will be the redrawing of the div 2 comp
This comp is closer than some would beleive and it will get tighter over the next five weeks.
As anyone of the top 7 could still win the flag , the double chance will be vital - pity if a club has its season derailed by a crap draw the last five rounds, its not going to be equal - it can't be but i would like to know how it will be drawn - what criteria or are we talking out of a hat

Here is what I would do...

Have the team that finishes 1st play 3rd 7th 5th 2nd 8th
Have the team that finishes 2nd play 4th 6th 8th 1st 7th
Have the team that finishes 3rd play 1st 5th 7th 4th 6th
Have the team that finishes 4th play 2nd 8th 6th 3rd 5th
Have the team that finishes 5th play 7th 3rd 1st 6th 4th
Have the team that finishes 6th play 8th 2nd 4th 5th 3rd
Have the team that finishes 7th play 5th 1st 3rd 8th 2nd
Have the team that finishes 8th play 6th 4th 2nd 7th 1st

Match the home and aways as best as possible and viola!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

As for the previous Macleod blokes having a crack, Have to agree on some of your points, Watsonia did have a plan to try and unsettle you guys, the same plan that almost worked in a final last year. Unfortunatley some efforts were misguided and not very smart at all, we were the agressors on most occasions but to say it was a constant snipe fest behind play all day is wrong. One incident obviously happened with a guy requiring stitches, don't condem the club on one incident.

Very poor forward planning by your coaching staff then. The team you played on Saturday are a shadow of last years. At least 5 significant changes.

That's cool - maybe that plan should be shelved

I think matching the Home & Away as best as possible will be given greater priority than who plays who. Would be pretty hard for a club ( div 2 or div 3 ) if they only played one of the last 5 games at home because they played the majority of teams in there new division at home the first time.

2. Chopper does not think he can fight, ask any of his ex teammates at Whittlesea, was completely out of character but in my opinion justified.

Can vouch for this point!

From what I have been told he and others were abused all day by the runner and apparently Shawry told him to pull up at one stage as well.

Easy to come on here and shoot from the hip but one thing for sure Chop doesn't think his a boxer and certaintly wouldn't do whatever he did for no reason. Whether it was right or not is something I suppose the tribunal will sort out??

As for the previous Macleod blokes having a crack, Have to agree on some of your points, Watsonia did have a plan to try and unsettle you guys, the same plan that almost worked in a final last year. Unfortunatley some efforts were misguided and not very smart at all, we were the agressors on most occasions but to say it was a constant snipe fest behind play all day is wrong. One incident obviously happened with a guy requiring stitches, don't condem the club on one incident.

Very poor forward planning by your coaching staff then. The team you played on Saturday are a shadow of last years. At least 5 significant changes.

That's cool - maybe that plan should be shelved

i wouldn't say you were a shadow of last years side, i would have thought the majority of last years team was still playing.....

By unsettle i don't mean whack blokes in the back of the head, just try and be physical and limit the run of your quicker players, obviously didn't work on the weekend!!!

I think that style of game can work if implemented within the rules, hard one on one footy is our go when we play at our best. Unfortunately there was not too much of that on Saturday and we paid the price, with Yellow Cards & a thumping ( no pun intended ).

I think matching the Home & Away as best as possible will be given greater priority than who plays who. Would be pretty hard for a club ( div 2 or div 3 ) if they only played one of the last 5 games at home because they played the majority of teams in there new division at home the first time.

Wee you would have either 2 at home or 3 at home. I think priority should be given to clubs who have played 6 at home should get 3 more home games. Next priority is for clubs to play at the alternate venue against the team that they have already played. Then if still in doubt, probably give the home game to the team who finished higher, but I doubt it would have to come to that... I am sure that the rounds that I came up with will work.

For division 3 it is a case of playing each of the 5 remaining teams once at the opposite venue to which you played them first time around...

It was number 16

It was clear from the start of the game what Watsonia's intentions were. They clearly had more focus on bullying Macleod, something that is
consistent with some of the teams we have played this year, in particular, Mernda, Reservoir, Whittlesea and now Watsonia. .
Not sure if either Resa or Whittlesea went in to hard, both play hard footy but there wasnt the same stuff as seen on the weekend. And I am sure Mernda will have a different game plan next time around and it will be a much closer game.
As for Macleod v Wattsy, lets move on, we have all had our say (me included) but at the end of the day whats done is done, lets move on to next saturday and look forward to Parksides hospitality.

this number 16 bloke that is so called Chopper for 1 needs to be a bigger man that the runner. what is he going to do every time he gets some lip from over the fence - jump the fence and take them all on the hero that he is???? he isnt much of a player anyway. he should feel very lucky to be in the side in the first place and second i heard him say to the runner "mate you dont wanna f**k with me cause i am a boxer and i will smash you". so maybe Brad Dean and that other spud of a human should get your facts right mate, i was right there!

this number 16 bloke that is so called Chopper for 1 needs to be a bigger man that the runner. what is he going to do every time he gets some lip from over the fence - jump the fence and take them all on the hero that he is???? he isnt much of a player anyway. he should feel very lucky to be in the side in the first place and second i heard him say to the runner "mate you dont wanna f**k with me cause i am a boxer and i will smash you". so maybe Brad Dean and that other spud of a human should get your facts right mate, i was right there!

"EYE OF THE TIGER" playing i the background while you heard all this?

Maybe he was looking for Adrienne in the crowd?

So you have called him a coward, a hero, reckon that he can't play and can't wait to see him at De Winton park next time. All without him having a clue who you are?

MMM, and you have the gall to call him a coward:confused:

Wee you would have either 2 at home or 3 at home. I think priority should be given to clubs who have played 6 at home should get 3 more home games. Next priority is for clubs to play at the alternate venue against the team that they have already played. Then if still in doubt, probably give the home game to the team who finished higher, but I doubt it would have to come to that... I am sure that the rounds that I came up with will work.

For division 3 it is a case of playing each of the 5 remaining teams once at the opposite venue to which you played them first time around...

I understand that the President's of each club are called into the NFL after Round 13 and they apparently draw it out of a hat. How they organise the home or away team is anyone's guess, but I would say that the fairest system would be to look at the previous 13 rounds and work out who played 6 games at home at 7 away and then allocate them 3 home games and 2 away in the remaining 5 rounds

After 13 rounds, the most probable D2 sides with home / away fixture to that date :

Diamond Creek : 7 home / 6 away
Macleod : 6 home / 7 away
Mernda : 7 home / 6 away
Whittlesea : 6 home / 7 away
Epping :7 home / 6 away
Fitzroy :7 home / 6 away
Lower P :6 home / 7 away
Watsonia : 7 home / 6 away

Macleod, Whittlesea & Lower Plenty all deserve 3 home games in the final 5 rounds - no argument

The NFL need to bear in mind that annual revenue is affected.

Coming from somebody who joined with a new name just to comment on this I guess your credibility is thru the roof!

I'm sure they will call you as a witness at the tribunal!!

I understand that the President's of each club are called into the NFL after Round 13 and they apparently draw it out of a hat. How they organise the home or away team is anyone's guess, but I would say that the fairest system would be to look at the previous 13 rounds and work out who played 6 games at home at 7 away and then allocate them 3 home games and 2 away in the remaining 5 rounds

For Example, if Diamond Creek end up on top, they would have played 7 home games and 6 away games, thus their draw should be then : away, home, away, home, away

All this does is even out the home/away

Agree completely, who would have thought that a few hours ago!!

In all seriousness, if your info is correct about drawing teams out of a hat then jesus christ!! The NFL i beleive are slowly restoring credibility to a comp that lacked it for a few years so surely they have got better procedures in place than this, afterall, they have known/wanted for a long time for this scenario to happen.

Why not Rock Paper Scissors to see who gets to play at home?

After 13 rounds, the most probable D2 sides with home / away fixture to that date :

Epping :7 home / 6 away

Macleod, Whittlesea & Lower Plenty all deserve 3 home games in the final 5 rounds - no argument

5 teams in D2 will have had 7 home games while 3 will have had 6 after rd 13 which means 2 teams in D3 will have had 7 home games while 4 have had 6 home games

No matter how they do the draw one team in D2 will end up playing 10 home games and one team in D3 will end up playing 8

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poor Macleod being victimised, give us a spell mate, it's easy to give a biased opinion, i just hope all the non Macleod people on here are smart enough to realise there are two sides to every story.

i also witnessed a few incidents that would be considered "weak acts", committed by macleod players.

I'm not going to name them, give there numbers. Most players, bar Hoddo & Lunberg shook hands after the game and left it on the field, just wish the pathetic keyboard bashers could do the same thing.

Yes, Yes & Yes

No 16 from Watsonia and the Macleod runner. All the Macleod runner was doing was splitting up the biffo and the Watsonia player decides to go on a rampage against him. Weakest effort of the day for mine. Players who assault officials deserve the year off, but hey, THIS IS THE NFL, so we expect nothing to happen.

What's the bet the NFL brings the runner up on report for being involved in the fight.
But then again dont expect anything it is the NFL after all.

you werent the bloke who threw a can at chop and started running away and hiding behind ya mates when chop jumped the fence are ya. just shows how tough you macleod blokes really are. you start wingein when sides come out and hit ya hard its a contact sport harden up

Poor Macleod victims of a bit of biffo, suck it up ***** and get on with it, the Macleod faithful never shy of a good whinge when feeling victimised. A few punches were thrown and things got out of hand, but because it was Macleod everyone will never hear the end of it. You blokes on here talking shit behind your computer, dropping names and threatening players without giving any of your own details are weaker than the blokes throwing the punches and backing up their mates on the ground, or off it.

As latemail said everyone shook hands after the game bar a couple blokes with a history, you have said enough on these boards but still nobody feels sorry for you, just confirming Macleod status as a bunch of whingers.

This concept has structure:thumbsu: beats drawing from a hat:D

Agree completely, who would have thought that a few hours ago!!

In all seriousness, if your info is correct about drawing teams out of a hat then jesus christ!! The NFL i beleive are slowly restoring credibility to a comp that lacked it for a few years so surely they have got better procedures in place than this, afterall, they have known/wanted for a long time for this scenario to happen.

Why not Rock Paper Scissors to see who gets to play at home?

GOLD:D:thumbsu:

Epping :7 home / 6 away (one home game was a forfeit)

The NFL need to bear in mind that annual revenue is affected.[/quote]

Epping didn't get a chance to raise any revenue on the forfeit game....... They should be counted as 6 & 6 and get an extra home game.;)

Epping didn't get a chance to raise any revenue on the forfeit game....... They should be counted as 6 & 6 and get an extra home game.;)[/quote]

If Mernda are to play Epping, Creek, Macleod or Lower again they should be played @ Mernda as we have allready played them away $$$.

That leaves Wats, Stars, W'Sea & H'brige teams we can play away. :confused:

for div 2 couldn't the teams just play the first five of the seven teams they met in the first 13 rounds, in the order they met? Maybe a bit of juggling if there is some clashes. Therefore you won't play the same team away or at home twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back