Northern Football League Division 2 - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good call I.T.B, I have, in the distant past, been a senior commitee member at SMFC and have watched its sad demise over the last few years. I do know of some past players and commitee people that would love to again commit to the club, but sadly this would never happen whilst the current regime rules.

Morang needs a full cleanout from head to toe.Forever and a day Morang has sruggled onfield all but for a couple of seasons under Ronny.Offield they will always struggle due to the knowledge lacking committees they have had over the years.With all due respect ex players and commitee wouldnt have been involved in too much success. Always strong rumours that too many hands were in the till.If its a rumour then its probably true.They have a rolls royce down at Morang with massive influx of kids and new homes but you get the feeling that the junior and senior club are split?What I will say though is that they have squillions of kids and junior coaches.Only problem is that the Junior President is as useless a a cu##ful of piss and will probably f### something up.New people and new culture is needed at Morang! Maybe a subtle name change would spruce the joint up?

Morang needs a full cleanout from head to toe.Forever and a day Morang has sruggled onfield all but for a couple of seasons under Ronny.Offield they will always struggle due to the knowledge lacking committees they have had over the years.With all due respect ex players and commitee wouldnt have been involved in too much success. Always strong rumours that too many hands were in the till.If its a rumour then its probably true.They have a rolls royce down at Morang with massive influx of kids and new homes but you get the feeling that the junior and senior club are split?What I will say though is that they have squillions of kids and junior coaches.Only problem is that the Junior President is as useless a a cu##ful of piss and will probably f### something up.New people and new culture is needed at Morang! Maybe a subtle name change would spruce the joint up?
Porco, I go back further than Ron's era, waaaaay back to the early '80s. Morang had a huge Junior side run seperate from the seniors. We had a lot of kids from the new estate that is Mill Park. The old SMFC was feared by all and sundry, had a lot of hard men back in those years. Financially, we got it back on tracks after years of mismanagement. These are some of the people that are looking at the club today.

Would like to congratulate the Banyule City Council for the ground works at De Winton Park. The surface has to be one or the best, if not, the best in the competition now.

For any visiting teams in the last 5 rounds, you are certainly in for a treat.

Looking forward to the "random draw" bashing tomorrow after tonight's meeting. Hopefully the NFL can post the draw immediately on their website

Porco, I go back further than Ron's era, waaaaay back to the early '80s. Morang had a huge Junior side run seperate from the seniors. We had a lot of kids from the new estate that is Mill Park. The old SMFC was feared by all and sundry, had a lot of hard men back in those years. Financially, we got it back on tracks after years of mismanagement. These are some of the people that are looking at the club today.

The same people who mismanaged or those who got them back on track?

Pft Hurricane , pleeeeeeeaaaaaase!

The old SMFC of 80's- mid 90's were an absolute joke. (not dis-similar to right now IMHO)

A Bunch of soft ***** with tough stickers on their arms.WOW! They weren't feared by all and sundry, in fact they were merely laughed at by all and sundry.

They couldnt (or perhaps wouldn't) play footy. They were Fat, Old, slow and too aggressive at the man and unwilling to put their own rough (and I mean RUFF) heads over the ball

And then with the expansion of the urban area and the growth of the region through late 90's, a new opportunity gave rise to perhaps sorting out the Sth Morang culture. Some clubs were starting to think that perhaps one day (just one day), Sth Morang might actually be able to build a healthy Football club.

And just when they started putting the right wheels in motion both onfield and off, they again come up terribly short. A lot of progress was made late 90's early 00's - and the move to the new ground, new rooms and a building junior set up , looked like Morang might take the necessary steps to becoming perhaps not only a strong Div2 Footy team, but perhaps a burgeoning Div 1 Footy team.

But inhouse fighting, an unwillingness to look after the local kids and a lack of the necessary cultural change has seemingly set the club back at least a decade in progress.

The question is - Where are they at right now????????

Pft Hurricane , pleeeeeeeaaaaaase!

The old SMFC of 80's- mid 90's were an absolute joke. (not dis-similar to right now IMHO)

A Bunch of soft ***** with tough stickers on their arms.WOW! They weren't feared by all and sundry, in fact they were merely laughed at by all and sundry.

They couldnt (or perhaps wouldn't) play footy. They were Fat, Old, slow and too aggressive at the man and unwilling to put their own rough (and I mean RUFF) heads over the ball

And then with the expansion of the urban area and the growth of the region through late 90's, a new opportunity gave rise to perhaps sorting out the Sth Morang culture. Some clubs were starting to think that perhaps one day (just one day), Sth Morang might actually be able to build a healthy Football club.

And just when they started putting the right wheels in motion both onfield and off, they again come up terribly short. A lot of progress was made late 90's early 00's - and the move to the new ground, new rooms and a building junior set up , looked like Morang might take the necessary steps to becoming perhaps not only a strong Div2 Footy team, but perhaps a burgeoning Div 1 Footy team.

But inhouse fighting, an unwillingness to look after the local kids and a lack of the necessary cultural change has seemingly set the club back at least a decade in progress.

The question is - Where are they at right now????????
And the present hierarchy go back most of that decade. The move to the new ground hasnt helped things at all, windswept mongrel joint. SMFC will never be a Div.1 club.

And the present hierarchy go back most of that decade. The move to the new ground hasnt helped things at all, windswept mongrel joint. SMFC will never be a Div.1 club.

ha ha - There are a lot of windswept mongrel joints along the Plenty road / high street corridor - Epping, Lalor, Thomastown, Bundoora who have been able to make the transition to Div1. (some obviously more successfully than others) So i don't think the ground location is at all the underlying problem

Firstly l refuse to bag officials at clubs because they do it for nothing and all have the clubs best interest at heart.
As for Morang Jim Christoff he is a quality human being who tried to bring proffesionalism into morang and for a while it worked ,all players have been paid l believe since he has been president and there was by morang standards a degree of success during his reign,he should have got out when he nearly died in a car accident a couple of years ago and unfotunately he will leave at the end of this year without the legacy he deserves,as for touching the till the guy who has been treasurer for many years is also a quality person who does not deserve inuendos like that, his financial books are top class and always turned up to meetings with answers to all questions and his books were always open forall to see.Goodluck to the new people going in next year l wish them all the best

Would like to congratulate the Banyule City Council for the ground works at De Winton Park. The surface has to be one or the best, if not, the best in the competition now.

Looking forward to the "random draw" bashing tomorrow after tonight's meeting. Hopefully the NFL can post the draw immediately on their website

would have to agree about the ground there underbelly. but would be good if they try to fix most of the grounds up. heard lynchy has a broken thumb ne truth underbelly, what about ewert is he just resting?

Firstly l refuse to bag officials at clubs because they do it for nothing and all have the clubs best interest at heart.
As for Morang Jim Christoff he is a quality human being who tried to bring proffesionalism into morang and for a while it worked ,all players have been paid l believe since he has been president and there was by morang standards a degree of success during his reign,he should have got out when he nearly died in a car accident a couple of years ago and unfotunately he will leave at the end of this year without the legacy he deserves,as for touching the till the guy who has been treasurer for many years is also a quality person who does not deserve inuendos like that, his financial books are top class and always turned up to meetings with answers to all questions and his books were always open forall to see.Goodluck to the new people going in next year l wish them all the best

No one said anything about the treasurer? And yes he is a good bloke!

Surely a meeting is not required for the draw, unless the Presidents are going to pick out minature footys like the melbourne cup barrier draw....
The NFL heirarchy are employed to do a job and in my opinion the fixture should have been sent to all Clubs on Saturday night informing them of the last 5 games.

You didn't need to be Albert einstein to forsee the future after rd 10 ( after watsonia beat Parkside ) that the top 8 was set in stone.

All clubs will have issues with the draw - but the NFL are on a hiding to nothing and has no way to keep all clubs happy in what looks like a farcical situation now as Div 3 has as much hope of becoming a reality next season as Nathan Hauritz has of taking 200 test wickets.

Try and give the clubs there 9 home and 9 away games if possible but why create another hostile enviornment in inviting 14 presidents with only there own clubs interest ( as it should be ) to a meeting where any form of discussion will be irrelevant:(

Games played 2009 Home Aways
1 Macleod 6 7
2 Diamond Creek 7 6
3 Epping 7 6
4 Mernda 7 6
5 Fitzroy Stars 7 6
6 Whittlesea 6 7
7 Lower Plenty 6 7
8 Watsonia 6 7

4 teams play 3 home games and 2 away and vice verser, it seems the only logic and fairest way would be to draw out teams with club officials present? It would stop the bitching i suppose? what would be the fairst way, peoples thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is the splitting of the draws meeting tonight ?? Ive heard its been done tonight, but always thought it was AFTER 13 rounds. But seeing 8 points and % seperates Watsonia and Parkside with 1 round left, have they bought forward the meeting ??

1 Macleod 6 7
2 Diamond Creek 7 6
3 Epping 7 6
4 Mernda 7 6
5 Fitzroy Stars 7 6
6 Whittlesea 6 7
7 Lower Plenty 6 7
8 Watsonia 6 7

4 teams play 3 home games and 2 away and vice verser, it seems the only logic and fairest way would be to draw out teams with club officials present? It would stop the bitching i suppose? what would be the fairst way, peoples thoughts?

I think you will find that Epping maybe the unlucky one's considering Swine Flu against Sth Morang meant they missed out on home game. The NFL has said they will compensate any team that gets a less home games than away games

Your ground is F*cked.
End of story, if it's not fixed ASAP someone will sue.
why can't you just fix It ?

always an excuse when you blokes loose, u guys are starting to sound like the stars, you guys were out played get over it, its funny how mernda are the only ones to tear up over the ground this season

Your ground is F*cked.
End of story, if it's not fixed ASAP someone will sue.
why can't you just fix It ?
Well after all the back and forth about lowers ground i decided to call in this arvo and have a look, and to be honest i am not sure what the fuss is about, i reakon there would be at least 10 gounds in the comp in worse condition, just look at the divvy 1 ground 100m away.
I havent been up to Shotters rd for 3 years but your ground used to be no better.
Me thinks everyone is starting to get a bit soft... remember the good old days of south morangs oval, 3 inches of mud over the entire ground, and Kinglakes dump with rabbit holes in the forward pocket...
hey moose, how many 19's did there ankles?? your first post says 2 then you say 5, maybe the last 3 happend saturday night after a few raspberry cruisers.

I saw two ankle injuries from our team but was told there were 5 for the match from both sides. Mernda has a big rabbit hole problem but every Saturday morning someone gets out there and fills them in.
I think mernda's comments are proven by the fact that 2 NFL officials gave mernda the opportunity to not play and split the points. Probably should have taken the 2pts!

Well after all the back and forth about lowers ground i decided to call in this arvo and have a look, and to be honest i am not sure what the fuss is about, i reakon there would be at least 10 gounds in the comp in worse condition, just look at the divvy 1 ground 100m away.
I havent been up to Shotters rd for 3 years but your ground used to be no better.
Me thinks everyone is starting to get a bit soft... remember the good old days of south morangs oval, 3 inches of mud over the entire ground, and Kinglakes dump with rabbit holes in the forward pocket...
hey moose, how many 19's did there ankles?? your first post says 2 then you say 5, maybe the last 3 happend saturday night after a few raspberry cruisers.

Couldnt agree more. Maybe some of these people need to understand that the current state of the environment is making it bloody hard to maintain the condition of sporting grounds. They should just be happy that they get out there each week, unlike a couple of seasons ago when we had the delayed start to the season. Instead they want to whinge and threaten to sue. Well go ahead and sue and see what the end result is. Our local footy and cricket comps would cease to exist. Would that make you happy? Maybe then you could go and play chess where the conditions are safe and there's no risk of injury!!!

I saw two ankle injuries from our team but was told there were 5 for the match from both sides. Mernda has a big rabbit hole problem but every Saturday morning someone gets out there and fills them in.
I think mernda's comments are proven by the fact that 2 NFL officials gave mernda the opportunity to not play and split the points. Probably should have taken the 2pts!

It was my understanding that they left it up to the clubs to decide. And we never considered not playing. We informed JC that we would be dressed and out there ready to play and would either put up a fight for the 4 points or have them handed to us if Mernda werent going to front. The end result - a win and no ankle injuries.

always an excuse when you blokes loose, u guys are starting to sound like the stars, you guys were out played get over it, its funny how mernda are the only ones to tear up over the ground this season
You fishin numb nuts, why don't you come and sign up at our club and come play with us, will see what you think then:thumbsu:

1 Macleod 6 7
2 Diamond Creek 7 6
3 Epping 7 6
4 Mernda 7 6
5 Fitzroy Stars 7 6
6 Whittlesea 6 7
7 Lower Plenty 6 7
8 Watsonia 6 7

Just got this hot off the press from "bugged up" at NFL House.

Macleod Playing

Whittlesea (played away first round)
Epping (played away first round)
Stars (played away first round)
Watsonia (played away first round)
Lower (played home first round)

By this Macleod should get four home games won't happen but would certainly expect three:thumbsu:

by my mat

Lower play good footy at home, yeh the fox holes is a problem, but most grounds are in worst state, they are starting to play well under harmsy.

Just got this hot off the press from "bugged up" at NFL House.

Macleod Playing

Whittlesea (played away first round)
Epping (played away first round)
Stars (played away first round)
Watsonia (played away first round)
Lower (played home first round)

By this Macleod should get four home games won't happen but would certainly expect three:thumbsu:

by my mat
Stars play over the next 5 weeks, don't know if they home or away as yet?

Last time we met

Lower Plenty (played away)
Diamond Creek (played away)
Macleod (Played home)
Epping (played home)
Whittlesea (will play away this week)

There you have it from the stars:):thumbsu:

Spot on energy, South Morang will be the worst when Jim Christou departs.Always easy to bag from the outside but Jim has contributed alot to the club but this goes unnoticed.South Morang will realise once he's gone what a loss he will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back