Northern Football League Division 2 - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
they have started favorite in there last 3 appearances and are still lingering in divvy 2
OK I will bite.
Dont think you have much of a clue do you...
Year 1 V Greensy, they were the unbeaten team going into the finals and had smashed everyone they played against, there 2's would have beaten most other senior teams, Macleod were the up and comming under dogs but had no chance in the granny.
Year 2 V Lalor. Macleod were the favourites no doubt about that but to Lalors credit they played a great game and took home the prize.
Year 3 V Thomo. Macleod finished 3rd on the ladder, behind Thomo and went into the game with a heap of injuries so cant see how we were favorites there either.
I know all the not so smart keyboard ledgends out there come up with the witty line about choking, but in the cold hard light of day we were only favorite in 1 of the grannies and we missed out.
but that is history and its all about the next game, V Epping, looking forward to see how they are going, they impressed last year so it will be good to see where they are at.
P.S. Slasher, from what i hear Ray is pussy whipped to the max so not sure how he could influence his lovely wife.:D

No but rumour has it that a large ex full forward trained this week. Someone told me as I was having a Puff at work.
yes i also heard macleods big greek adonis will be on the track tonight if not, a certin next week. with them two back in lets suggest exciting times at macleod, obviouslly untill the grand final........

Have to agree Clutch, Dekka doesnt stop and Ray is a clown:D

Thanks boys, looks like i got the answer i was looking for. Referring to much older posts i had an inkling Ray was/is SLASHER. I think you have just comfirmed it.

Must be still confined to the home with swine flu, he's given the site a fair crack over the last few weeks.

Who Louie Cenagdzija????????

And this post just confirmed to me who Clutch L is.
Only 2 people only know how to spell Louie's name and I'm 1 of them

Just on the grapevine, heard that a certain ex Carlton player who works at All Points Glass Bulleen is getting an itch for a tilt next year down at De Winton Park......Has been hitting the weights pretty hard from what I hear.

And this post just confirmed to me who Clutch L is.
Only 2 people only know how to spell Louie's name and I'm 1 of them

Just on the grapevine, heard that a certain ex Carlton player who works at All Points Glass Bulleen is getting an itch for a tilt next year down at De Winton Park......Has been hitting the weights pretty hard from what I hear.

It aint me. And its Ljubomir Cenagdzija

what do people want the league to do,they cant win.in my book they are trying to be proactive and improve the chances of all clubs to prosper.having 3 divisions wiil allow many historically non competitive clubs the chance to get there club going.
what the league is doing is putting up options for other clubs to join and improve out great comp.
if it doesnt work im sure there are other alternatives but give them there due

We want the league to follow through. If you tell clubs there's a divvy 3 next year....DO IT. I think divvy 3 is a great idea. As you say, it'll be great to see clubs that have had little to no success, get there chance. We just want the NFL to stop doing backflips. If clubs threaten to leave because they'll be in divvy 3...let them go. We're better off without them

It aint me. And its Ljubomir Cenagdzija

It's actually not spelt that way either - I have his birth certificate & passport. LUBUMIR

Nonetheless, why is your work colleague wanting to have a crack next year ? Would be a handy acquisition if match fit

Buddy, you are correct with your above comments that the club has struggled. You seem to know a lot about the club, so rather than sit behind your computer, why dont you get down to the club & help out. As this has been the club's biggest problem in having people like you continue to bag the club rather than help out. If you think that the Junior President is no good, put your hand up to take over the role, otherwise shut up!

brittle , what does that stand for? going by the spray I heard the 2 clowns behind the bar giv u on Sat it appaers you dont do much yourself???

The NFL's original draw on the web site tonight

Round 14

Saturday July 25

Whittlesea vs Macleod

Watsonia vs Mernda

Fitzroy Stars vs Lower Plenty

Diamond Creek vs Epping

Round 15

VOLUNTEERS ROUND
Saturday August 1

Whittlesea vs Mernda

Epping vs Watsonia

Lower Plenty vs Diamond Creek

Macleod vs Fitzroy Stars

Round 16

Saturday August 8

Watsonia vs Whittlesea

Mernda vs Lower Plenty

Fitzroy Stars vs Diamond Creek

Macleod vs Epping

Round 17

Saturday August 15

Lower Plenty vs Whittlesea

Macleod vs Watsonia

Epping vs Fitzroy Stars

Mernda vs Diamond Creek

Round 18

Saturday August 22

Whittlesea vs Fitzroy Stars

Lower Plenty vs Macleod

Epping vs Mernda

Diamond Creek vs Watsonia

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally Posted by unbearable
If the NFL position was always conditional on getting another team, then why are we bothering with splitting divvy 2 after round 13??? Just leave it like last year and make the decision to split after the season finishes. Why would you bother running a divvy 3 finals, apart from the revenue that the NFL will get. I don't think it will mean too much to anyone who plays in the finals if they have played divvy 2 all year and are staying in divvy 3 again if it eventuates. The NFL are going to look even more stupid when they decide there is no divvy 3 next year.

what do people want the league to do,they cant win.in my book they are trying to be proactive and improve the chances of all clubs to prosper.having 3 divisions wiil allow many historically non competitive clubs the chance to get there club going.
what the league is doing is putting up options for other clubs to join and improve out great comp.
if it doesnt work im sure there are other alternatives but give them there due

Just a question. Who do people really think at the NFL is driving this Division 3 agenda? Is it the Board or the Administration? My suggestion is that it is 'No Decision' Kev and 'Im the Boss' Jarrod. My information is that at least one, and possibly both have incentative-basedand/or performabce-based clauses in their contracts to increase the Leagues number of teams/clubs, hence their reasons for going hard to get St Marys, Keon Park and Yarrambat to field U19 sides which they want to evolve into senior sides, witnessed by the push at the Presidents meeting this week to pressure St Marys to get a senior team up for next season. With all the back and forth on this issue, it is time for the NFL Board to take a stand and stick to a policy without conditions. But as I have said before, six teams in a division won't work and I don't believe that there will be a Diviison 3 in 2010.

Originally Posted by unbearable
If the NFL position was always conditional on getting another team, then why are we bothering with splitting divvy 2 after round 13??? Just leave it like last year and make the decision to split after the season finishes. Why would you bother running a divvy 3 finals, apart from the revenue that the NFL will get. I don't think it will mean too much to anyone who plays in the finals if they have played divvy 2 all year and are staying in divvy 3 again if it eventuates. The NFL are going to look even more stupid when they decide there is no divvy 3 next year.

Just a question. Who do people really think at the NFL is driving this Division 3 agenda? Is it the Board or the Administration? My suggestion is that it is 'No Decision' Kev and 'Im the Boss' Jarrod. My information is that at least one, and possibly both have incentative-basedand/or performabce-based clauses in their contracts to increase the Leagues number of teams/clubs, hence their reasons for going hard to get St Marys, Keon Park and Yarrambat to field U19 sides which they want to evolve into senior sides, witnessed by the push at the Presidents meeting this week to pressure St Marys to get a senior team up for next season. With all the back and forth on this issue, it is time for the NFL Board to take a stand and stick to a policy without conditions. But as I have said before, six teams in a division won't work and I don't believe that there will be a Diviison 3 in 2010.
What could be the reasons why? We need a Division 3

1. How many past teams have left our competition? just because they keep getting smashed each week?

2. Would they have stayed? if a 3rd division had started earlier

3. Will Heidelberg West survive another year with getting there arses kicked again

4. Would they strive better “knowing there in the same weight division.

5. Would they keep recruiting junior players at there club knowing they that will get beaten by 20 goals each week? Really not appealing is it?

6. Would other teams, getting smashed in other Vic metro competitions become more appealing to our NFL competition?

7. How long would it take to see any development in 3rd Division?

8. Are other competing sports getting better at recruiting more and more players to there sport?

In my opinion it would need at least 4-5 years of showing any signs of development, giving in to teams who leave is just being selfish. How many junior teams are out there that aren’t affiliated to a senior side, what a waist? junior side should have a senior side best resources you can get! so merge all those junior sides near there zones and stickem with a senior side simple. Senior clubs grow a little knowledge and look after your recourses for a while and again presto you have quality players you don’t have to pay as much until they show some real signs of becoming a suburban 1’s player. This would work well with St. Mary’s and I hope that the offer goes ahead, and they (St. Mary’s) takes up the challenge and becomes a senior side as well as a junior side, and the knockers take note if it happens, because that’s what you need to develop.

If divvy 3 doesn’t happen make divvy 1 a twelve team competition and watch what happens then? Because the question above will appeal to the bottom sides who won’t be able to survive getting spanked by 20 goals each week, a lot of players just don’t like playing in higher competitions just because some people know there playing limitations (Thomastown) as soon as a team comes down from divvy 1 presto those players come back to there originated team. Bring on Divvy 3 bolster the NFL competition. :):thumbsu:

What could be the reasons why? We need a Division 3

1. How many past teams have left our competition? just because they keep getting smashed each week?

2. Would they have stayed? if a 3rd division had started earlier

3. Will Heidelberg West survive another year with getting there arses kicked again

4. Would they strive better “knowing there in the same weight division.

5. Would they keep recruiting junior players at there club knowing they that will get beaten by 20 goals each week? Really not appealing is it?

6. Would other teams, getting smashed in other Vic metro competitions become more appealing to our NFL competition?

7. How long would it take to see any development in 3rd Division?

8. Are other competing sports getting better at recruiting more and more players to there sport?

In my opinion it would need at least 4-5 years of showing any signs of development, giving in to teams who leave is just being selfish. How many junior teams are out there that aren’t affiliated to a senior side, what a waist? junior side should have a senior side best resources you can get! so merge all those junior sides near there zones and stickem with a senior side simple. Senior clubs grow a little knowledge and look after your recourses for a while and again presto you have quality players you don’t have to pay as much until they show some real signs of becoming a suburban 1’s player. This would work well with St. Mary’s and I hope that the offer goes ahead, and they (St. Mary’s) takes up the challenge and becomes a senior side as well as a junior side, and the knockers take note if it happens, because that’s what you need to develop.

If divvy 3 doesn’t happen make divvy 1 a twelve team competition and watch what happens then? Because the question above will appeal to the bottom sides who won’t be able to survive getting spanked by 20 goals each week, a lot of players just don’t like playing in higher competitions just because some people know there playing limitations (Thomastown) as soon as a team comes down from divvy 1 presto those players come back to there originated team. Bring on Divvy 3 bolster the NFL competition. :):thumbsu:

your club was formed with players didnt like playing in a higher grade and knew there limitations, could not commit to the training required to be a divvy 1 player and just not good enough to play divvy 1. stars are lucky that wont be playing divvy 1 for a long long time

the best thing for the league is to have a 3rd division and balance out the numbers and the results a bit. It will definately have a possative impact on the struggling clubs to play in a few more wins.

There are plenty of people who don't give a rats what div their club is in, they just want to play and be competitive.

I hope the div 3 gets up and running.

another huge game for the bears vs former club legeng ben gill this week.

the best thing for the league is to have a 3rd division and balance out the numbers and the results a bit. It will definately have a possative impact on the struggling clubs to play in a few more wins.

There are plenty of people who don't give a rats what div their club is in, they just want to play and be competitive.

The only club I know that has really embraced the concept is Heidelberg West. Reservoir & South Morang have grumbled on for the most part of the year, haven't really heard anything from Parkside or Panton Hill.

I would imagine that Hurstbridge wouldn't be too happy considering that they were in Division 1 not that long ago.

The best thing about the D2/D3 split is that there are now no easy games = spectators will turn up = canteen sales will increase = morale will increase = memberships will increase = club functions will be better attended = long term viability. I could go on and on.......:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Ben Gill had 1 kick and kicked 1 goal last week and was named as Panton Hill's best player - go figure ??:confused:

your club was formed with players didnt like playing in a higher grade and knew there limitations, could not commit to the training required to be a divvy 1 player and just not good enough to play divvy 1. stars are lucky that wont be playing divvy 1 for a long long time
Yes newbie, no juniors to start with, (formed) had to start from some where?

"higher grade and knew there limitations, could not commit to the training required to be a divvy 1 player and just not good enough to play divvy 1" was that just a guess? or do you just know!:):thumbsu:

My son plays footy at Keon Park Stars and speaking to their president, he says they have no intention of fielding a senior team and in fact its never been discussed.

The only club I know that has really embraced the concept is Heidelberg West. Reservoir & South Morang have grumbled on for the most part of the year, haven't really heard anything from Parkside or Panton Hill.

I would imagine that Hurstbridge wouldn't be too happy considering that they were in Division 1 not that long ago.

The best thing about the D2/D3 split is that there are now no easy games = spectators will turn up = canteen sales will increase = morale will increase = memberships will increase = club functions will be better attended = long term viability. I could go on and on.......:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Ben Gill had 1 kick and kicked 1 goal last week and was named as Panton Hill's best player - go figure ??:confused:
They would be better for it, the only problem with what is happening is playing each other 3-4 times a year, once other teams jump on board it will be for the better. totally agree no easy games, injury's will play a major role, a couple of injury's early might see any team in divvy 3 after the season end, including the stars.

Yes newbie, no juniors to start with, (formed) had to start from some where?

"higher grade and knew there limitations, could not commit to the training required to be a divvy 1 player and just not good enough to play divvy 1" was that just a guess? or do you just know!:):thumbsu:

only need to look at how many overweight players you have and i watched you train recently, you have more players sitting around doing nothing than those training.only 17 on the track. from all reports they did the same thing when they attempted to play divvy 1 seniors and could not understand why they were overlooked each week

Interesting to note that South Morang, Panton Hill and Reservoir, will fight it out for 3rd and 4th spot to have a crack at winning the first Divvy 3 flag and will be up against Parkside and Hurstbridge:thumbsu:

only need to look at how many overweight players you have and i watched you train recently, you have more players sitting around doing nothing than those training.only 17 on the track. from all reports they did the same thing when they attempted to play divvy 1 seniors and could not understand why they were overlooked each week
Did you go to last nights training?

They're Aboriginal. They dont have to train. Exactly why Fitzroy are not dominating because collectively they are fat and lazy. They are obviously allowed to get away with it. You can see it in a match against a decent opposition. They are football cheats that only run 1 way. Miles away from Divvy 1. If Fitzroy played Lalor they wouldnt get within 12 goals and Lalor are middle of the road. What I've seen this year no team would either. The standard is getting worse and gap widening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back