Northern Football League Division 2 - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
is mernda getting rid of him or has lower recruited him?
the blokes a tosser so why would anyone recruit him? interesting if true

no chance, lower already has a #93 on their list.
---
heres 1 for Billy, Nate and the Count:

"Colombian Computer Joke"
Why did a group of Columbians run away from a computer lab.Because the computer said you have performed an illegal operation and will be shutdown.

I don't want any more $2 fines for my Bigfooty work...

Word has it that the Leaugue may do another backflip in regards to the make up of div 3, in order for it to go ahead. In the beginning it was going ahead even if there was only 6 teams to kick it off, then it was dependant on at least 1 or 2 other clubs joining, now they may go back to kicking it off with 6 again. Expect more backflips than the floor excercise at the gymnastics, in the times ahead.

The thought of J.C in a leotard.?? Ewww, that's just put me off my lunchtime kebab and nothing has ever been able to do that before!

I have heard a very good rumour with a very reliable source that a Tyson Troung will be suiting up for the Lower Plenty boys next season. Mark this headline down and get back 2 me next season
Tyson wouldnt leave Mernda. He has been part of a very close knit group of players coming through from U17's several years ago. Scribble this down with your crayons, during recess TOASTER. Look it up next year, when you are in 4th grade.

no chance, lower already has a #93 on their list.
---
heres 1 for Billy, Nate and the Count:

"Colombian Computer Joke"
Why did a group of Columbians run away from a computer lab.Because the computer said you have performed an illegal operation and will be shutdown.

I don't want any more $2 fines for my Bigfooty work...

$2 well spent mate! I heard they compared your work to that of my good self.

Word has it that the Leaugue may do another backflip in regards to the make up of div 3, in order for it to go ahead. In the beginning it was going ahead even if there was only 6 teams to kick it off, then it was dependant on at least 1 or 2 other clubs joining, now they may go back to kicking it off with 6 again. Expect more backflips than the floor excercise at the gymnastics, in the times ahead.
from what i heard West said "no divvy 3 no West" so it has put the power that be in a sticky situation, they would look very silly if while trying to get more teams on board they lost at least one. My guess is that after the GF this year the NFL will go out for christmas drinks, get smashed and at 4 in the morning while sitting in the back seat of a cab eating a kebab decide what chages are to be made for next year.

Originally Posted by Brutal

from what i heard West said "no divvy 3 no West" so it has put the power that be in a sticky situation, they would look very silly if while trying to get more teams on board they lost at least one. My guess is that after the GF this year the NFL will go out for christmas drinks, get smashed and at 4 in the morning while sitting in the back seat of a cab eating a kebab decide what chages are to be made for next year.

As I have said many times, these blokes - KC and JC - are all about protecting their jobs and trying to squeeze as much bonuses as they can for acheiving their KPIs and not really worrying about the long-term future of the League. They haven't been involed in the past and don't have an affinity with the clubs and their administrators. And as I have also mentioned before, I have been told of at at least one and possibly two clubs now in Division 3 (at each end of teh spectrum) who have been having serious discussions about moving to another League in 2010 as they don't want to be part of any Division 3 in the long term.

Macleod 17 wins
Creek 17 wins
Mernda 14 wins
Whittlesea 12 wins

Epping 11 wins
Fitzroy 9 wins
Lower Plenty 9 Wins
Watsonia 7 Wins

Yes, have to agree, even though we are still five rounds out from finals, there will be some shuffling of positions, but in the end I also don't think that the top four will lose their spots.
And on to this week's round of matches:
Diamond Creek to run all over Epping by around 60 points.
Fitzroy All Stars to reverse the earlier result and beat Lower Plenty by 12 points.
Mernda to continue Watsonia's misery and show that they should have tanked and gone to Division 3 for some glory. Mernda by 45 points.
The CLEAR premiership favourites in Macleod will give another of their challengers, this time Whittlesea, a football lesson. Macleod by a whopping 75 points. There will be no keeping the lid on it now after this one !

As I have said many times, these blokes - KC and JC - are all about protecting their jobs and trying to squeeze as much bonuses as they can for acheiving their KPIs and not really worrying about the long-term future of the League. They haven't been involed in the past and don't have an affinity with the clubs and their administrators. And as I have also mentioned before, I have been told of at at least one and possibly two clubs now in Division 3 (at each end of teh spectrum) who have been having serious discussions about moving to another League in 2010 as they don't want to be part of any Division 3 in the long term.

OK, so given that there are still seemingly so many divided over whether there should/shouldn't be a 3rd Division.

How about a different track altogether.

Lets just say (hypothetically or otherwise) What if is was decided, that instead of looking to recruit clubs in and form a 3rd Div. What if it was suggested that we now just buckle down and work to maintain / develop & Strengthen just 2 only divisions with say 10 in Div1 & no more than 12 but preferably just 10 in Div2?

Every Club (including existing Div1 clubs aswell) to be put under the microscope and in order to be selected to maintain representation in the league, they must meet certain criteria, to ensure their long term viability both in terms of financially and more importantly also competitively.

Criteria needing to satisfy in order to be selected to be able to participate may include such things as:

Clubs needing to have:-

A) a documented Business Plan of at least a 5 year duration

B) satisfactory playing facilities including, Ground and Change facilities. (No more West Preston toiletbox/bustop facilities)

C) evidence of Financial Viability and Responsible spending budget

D) Having a register of no less than 200 Financial Club members

E) Being commited to field sides in all 3 grades - seniors/ reserves / u 19

F) A written contract of intent to participate in the league for a period of no less than 5 year duration

These are just some random thoughts. Im not meaning to alienate any current clubs , But Perhaps it is time to just forget about putting out a helping hand to struggling football clubs, and instead just look to support those clubs that are committed to making themselves better and therefore the league better .

In order to do this we need to Cull and therefore reduce rather than expand current league team members.

Any one else have thoughts on this idea? What about ideas around what other criteria a club may need to satisfy their selection??

OK, so given that there are still seemingly so many divided over whether there should/shouldn't be a 3rd Division.

Lets just say (hypothetically or otherwise) What if is was decided, that instead of looking to recruit clubs in and form a 3rd Div. What if it was suggested that we now just buckle down and work to maintain / develop & Strengthen just 2 only divisions with say 10 in Div1 & no more than 12 but preferably just 10 in Div2?

Every Club (including existing Div1 clubs aswell) to be put under the microscope and in order to be selected to maintain representation in the league, they must meet certain criteria, to ensure their long term viability both in terms of financially and more importantly also competitively.

Criteria needing to satisfy in order to be selected to be able to participate may include such things as:

B) satisfactory playing facilities including, Ground and Change facilities. (No more West Preston toiletbox/bustop facilities)

F) A written contract of intent to participate in the league for a period of no less than 5 year duration

These are just some random thoughts. Im not meaning to alienate any current clubs , But Perhaps it is time to just forget about putting out a helping hand to struggling football clubs, and instead just look to support those clubs that are committed to making themselves better and therefore the league better .

In order to do this we need to Cull and therefore reduce rather than expand current league team members.

Any one else have thoughts on this idea? What about ideas around what other criteria a club may need to satisfy their selection??

Smartest thing you have posted in a long time KA, well done.
what you say has a lot of merit, the admin needs to put more time into helping clubs become strong viable clubs for the future and less time in trying to get new teams to join the comp. I have said it before, there is no point getting St Mary's, Keon Park or Yarrambat to start up senior clubs if other clubs are moving comps or dieing out all together.

KA - a good post with plenty of positive ideas.
I'd like to add two other items as criteria points.
1. Have a direct connection to a junior club - either their own or one of the standalones (like Yarrambat), but not both. And that this junior club ALSO is an NFL member club.
2. Proximity to other senior clubs. We have too many clubs in each others back yard at the moment.

Mate your idea is really good if the league decide to appoint a permanent paid adminstrator to every club to do what you say. Obvioulsy you are from a successful club and have plenty of hands on deck doing jobs. Some clubs just don't have this yet they still manage to survive and remember what goes around comes around. In saying that there will always be, in most case, times when clubs are going bad and struggling both on and off the field.

Lets look at Macleod if you put into practice what you are saying now in 1992 when Macleod were gone for all money being beaten by 30 goals plus and some 30k in debt then they would not be around today, (some might be happy about that) and Heildelberg West were travelling OK at that time and now look at them, in your example they should be gone. Thats just two examples, I bet there are plenty more of them.

Good luck trying to fill a new Committee coming in having to abide by your guidelines in A - F, partciluary if times where not looking to good.

Remeber at the end of the day all these people involved in clubs are volunteers giving heeps and heeps of their own time as it is. From the sounds of things you need to get onto a committee and have a good look at what really happens and in fact I am sure there are a lot of clubs willing to take you on board there committee for you to put these practices into force and committ for at least the first five years.

GET A LIFE

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep - Whittlesea too good and it's thrown it wide open (Especially for Mernda). I think Macleod will take heaps of positives out of that performance.

Also noted that the local Chemist from Whittlesea was umpiring the local game. I don't think that should happen ever again and it should be addressed accordingly.

I think Evan Murray just may have the best looking WAG in D2

Could not agree more- what are peoples opinion on St Mary's developing a senior club in such close proximity to Watsonia & Greensbrough & to a certain degree Bundoora, then you have Mont & Lower just down the road. Are we not just cannibalising the available player pool already in place? What about the sponsorship pool as well? Why have'nt St Mary's sought to affilate themselves with an established senior club as a pathway for the colts players? No point expanding the league if all you are left with is lesser standard established clubs & mediocre new entrants.

Could not agree more- what are peoples opinion on St Mary's developing a senior club in such close proximity to Watsonia & Greensbrough & to a certain degree Bundoora, then you have Mont & Lower just down the road. Are we not just cannibalising the available player pool already in place? What about the sponsorship pool as well? Why have'nt St Mary's sought to affilate themselves with an established senior club as a pathway for the colts players? No point expanding the league if all you are left with is lesser standard established clubs & mediocre new entrants.

yes it's the old business saying ... you are only as good as your worst employee. And the NFL at the moment is also only as good as it's worst club(s). and I'll leave it to you to decide who they are. "KA" had some good points and he has been shot down by people who want to relate the past to the present and not move forward! We should all be moving forward, and if that means some clubs fall by the wayside, so be it. It will only strengthen the remainder and the league will only become stronger. adding new clubs and trying to retain the current number won't work..

Surley the split to divvy 3 will be good for all. Look at the results yesterday , Whittlesea over Macleod, Epping over Diamo and 7 points between Lower and the Stars. Apart from playing Watsonia, evey one will have to bring their best game each week to get the result and that has to be good from a pure football side of things, i mean i am sure its good win by 30 goals against the lower sides every second week or so but surely a good hard tuff competitive contest each week is some thing to look forward too! Might find a few teams out too! Look at divvy 3 results aswell, Wests only went down by 5 goals which has gotta be the closest they have got for a long time, 16 point margin betwen Parkers and the Bridges and Morang won their first game since round 3 by 7 goals over a dirty Ressa. The same there as far as if every team plays its best the they will be a chance each week. Yes its early yet and time will tell but hopefuly it all works out in the posative.

Surley the split to divvy 3 will be good for all. Look at the results yesterday , Whittlesea over Macleod, Epping over Diamo and 7 points between Lower and the Stars. Apart from playing Watsonia, evey one will have to bring their best game each week to get the result and that has to be good from a pure football side of things, i mean i am sure its good win by 30 goals against the lower sides every second week or so but surely a good hard tuff competitive contest each week is some thing to look forward too! Might find a few teams out too! Look at divvy 3 results aswell, Wests only went down by 5 goals which has gotta be the closest they have got for a long time, 16 point margin betwen Parkers and the Bridges and Morang won their first game since round 3 by 7 goals over a dirty Ressa. The same there as far as if every team plays its best the they will be a chance each week. Yes its early yet and time will tell but hopefuly it all works out in the posative.
Totally spot on the money their ITB:):thumbsu: I've heard a certain club in divvy 3 wants to spend some cash next year? And put all their cards out on the table and if it means go bust at the end of next year then so be it,:mad::thumbsdown: thats just crap what ever happened to sustainability, it's obvious that the committee has no confidence in building a club if that's the direction it wants to take.

The NFL should also go and talk to these clubs going into divvy 3 or the VFL if they want to expand the competition and make it better, at least give them some assistances, direction or options to survive, surley there are other alternatives they should be doing to make this comptition viable to compete in??? again when is the NFL going to find some balls to these clubs who threaten to leave the competition if divvy 3 to goes ahead.

What league would they go to??? would it be a burden travelling across melbourne to play a game, isn't the reason wallen wants to come back? cause travelling up the calder fwy was to much. Well if the NFL are going to make a stance it should be 2 teams to go up to divvy 1 just like the eastern league, 12 teams in divvy 1. And if the divvy 3 doesn't go ahead why are they still going ahead with the divvy 3 finals structure, what they get to play in a final and then back to reality next year what purpose does that serve:cool: that's just a no brainer

Yep - Whittlesea too good and it's thrown it wide open (Especially for Mernda). I think Macleod will take heaps of positives out of that performance.

Also noted that the local Chemist from Whittlesea was umpiring the local game. I don't think that should happen ever again and it should be addressed accordingly.

I think Evan Murray just may have the best looking WAG in D2

you should have just stopped after the first sentence.
I can't hear too much anti pete bugden gear this morning ...........

Fitzroy are so fat & lazy, yet the only team to run Macleod off it's legs.
Go figure ??????

Moore vs Corr up at Epping today. If I was giving our brownlow votes, Corr would get 3, Moore 2, Lynch 1

Macleod should have won by 100+ had it not wasted so may opportunities in front of goal. Lets put it down to the howling gale.

Rematch in 2 weeks back at De Winton so we'll get a better indication of
the difference between the 2 teams.

Peter Bugden - you're a deadset tosspot. I bet if Puffa was within 1 metre of your huddle he would be told to fet gucked.

a deadset tosspot - but a winning deadset tosspot

I know Reservoir were one of those clubs having discussions with EDFL. I don`t understand there logic though, as the EDFL is going down the same track of trying to set up a Div 3, which Reservoir would be part of!

Also noted that the local Chemist from Whittlesea was umpiring the local game. I don't think that should happen ever again and it should be addressed accordingly...

the umps had nothing to do with the result yesterday you little sook

You should know not to take anything toaster says seriously! Have a look at his previous posts and every one of them is full of crap!!

its all fact mate. as i said remember these words.. the bears are infact recruiting him he is good mates with Jimmy T who is on the social commitee at the bears and Tyson has a few ideas for the rave in the cave

its all fact mate. as i said remember these words.. the bears are infact recruiting him he is good mates with Jimmy T who is on the social commitee at the bears and Tyson has a few ideas for the rave in the cave

rave at the cave that unfortunately doesnt exist anymore??

macleod are nothing but a bunch of weak C***S!! as soon as a side puts pressure on them they turn too water.. also id love to see A.Bennett put his head over the footy for a change and win his own ball rather than diving for frees all game!!! to hang your flag hopes on a F*****G CAT like him is a discrace to the club!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsdown:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back