Northern Football League Division 2 - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuuny you should mention that...

I reckon he only kicked 3 against Macleod and he was accredited with 6.
It blew me away when I checked the online results

I do take great interest in watching John play, and i do keep a count on his goal tally, he did kick 6 against Macleod, i didnt think Eward kicked 13, but obviously you do miss some... I cant comment on the Lower Plenty or Whittlesea games because i couldnt attend due to myself playing under 17s on the sunday against Whittlesea and a funeral the same day as the Lower Plenty game. I dont think Hayesy would be happy himself if he found the online results wernt matching his actual results, he has had an outstanding season and hopefully he can finish it off with 2 stong weeks.

Epping v Fitzroy : I don't think Epping will make the same mistake as last week giving up an 8 goal advantage. If go full on attack for 4 quarters, then they should run away convincing winners. The added incentive of
keeping touch with Mernda and boosting their percentage will ensure
Epping win by 10 goals or more

Lower Plenty v Whittlesea : Harmsey must be disappointed on missing the finals. The draw didn't help, but as I've previously mentioned, beat those
teams and you deserve to be in the mix. Will Lower shape the final 4 ?
They play their little postage stamp quite well and Whittlesea prefer the
wider spaces. I reckon Lower can cause a small upset at home coming home with the chockies by 16 points

Macleod v Watsonia : Which Watsonia will turn up ? The team that is
seeking revenge from the 100+ belting from the last engagement, or the team that wants to finish the year on a positive note ? Watsonia obviously put in a good effort against Whittlesea last week, Macleod got over the line playing 2.5 quarters of footy against a quality Epping.
Expecting a Macleod victory by 60+ points

Mernda v DCreek : Game of the round. Diamond Creek got the points last week against Fitzroy, haven't been winning by big margin, but getting the job done by winning all the same. Mernda really can't afford to drop this game as it won't want to be in a position to rely on other teams to knock off their challengers. In a tough game to tip, Mernda at home by 10 points.

We could be going into the last round with 3 teams on 12 wins fighting
for 2 spots in the final 4.

Eppen by 24 points must win
Lower by 14 points the little ground will help
Macleod by 46 points will be hoping no injurys
Mernda by 18 points another must win

Macleod 60
Diamo 56
Mernda 52
W'sea 48
Epping 48

If every club was kicked out because of some feral supporters there wouldnt be any clubs, NFL, AFL & mine included.
what about the runner from diamond creek attacking a stars player also i m preety sure that stars supporters are'nt the only 1s that drink on the weekend also i can remember a few years ago a heap of diamond creeks supporters attacked a coulpe of doggies supporters at a home game

what about the runner from diamond creek attacking a stars player also i m preety sure that stars supporters are'nt the only 1s that drink on the weekend also i can remember a few years ago a heap of diamond creeks supporters attacked a coulpe of doggies supporters at a home game

Good deflection Buddy.

But, you may want to check your facts here as I think you'll find that the Doggies and their supporters are/were no Angels either!

Supporters having a drink at games is not the issue, however supporters who drink too much and abuse/taunt and cause a potential explosive situation are.

Clubs should discourage their supporters from this type of carry on whereever they possibly can, and i'm sure it isn't always easy as there are so many ********s in society.

So what did the runner do? And why or how is this relevant to supporters attacking / spitting on players?

Good deflection Buddy.

But, you may want to check your facts here as I think you'll find that the Doggies and their supporters are/were no Angels either!

Supporters having a drink at games is not the issue, however supporters who drink too much and abuse/taunt and cause a potential explosive situation are.

Clubs should discourage their supporters from this type of carry on whereever they possibly can, and i'm sure it isn't always easy as there are so many ********s in society.

So what did the runner do? And why or how is this relevant to supporters attacking / spitting on players?
he attacked another player and i have seen many a team and supporters spit on other players and spectators and i think anybody who does it should be band and why r u attacking me born put your name 2 it

he attacked another player and i have seen many a team and supporters spit on other players and spectators and i think anybody who does it should be band and why r u attacking me born put your name 2 it

I think you will find that the fitzroy player involved took the soft option and attacked the runner. I know you like to defend your players, but there comes a time when you need to look in your own backyard and accept responsibility. your player was reported!!!

I think you will find that the fitzroy player involved took the soft option and attacked the runner. I know you like to defend your players, but there comes a time when you need to look in your own backyard and accept responsibility. your player was reported!!!
did u see the player attack the runner also i m not with fitzroy stars all i m saying it takes 2 to tango and they do cop alot of racial abuse and i have herd it myself

Revising the Macleod margin. Expecting 120+ considering Watsonia will be without Eccles, Richardson & Hay and Macleod get back Corr & Mahoney.

Any takers ?

Revising the Macleod margin. Expecting 120+ considering Watsonia will be without Eccles, Richardson & Hay and Macleod get back Corr & Mahoney.

Any takers ?

why would you post this - you look like a w***er either way.
The message that is continuosly sent is that everyone recognizes macleod is on the march to some degree but that you and your like could learn some humility -

Eppen by 24 points must win
Lower by 14 points the little ground will help
Macleod by 46 points will be hoping no injurys
Mernda by 18 points another must win

Macleod 60
Diamo 56
Mernda 52
W'sea 48
Epping 48

Well the penultimate round and still some interesting and important rounds, even though three of the clubs are out of the running for a finals spot.
Epping should easily be able to get over the top of the Fitzroy All Stars by using the big ground to their advantage. They must win to keep their slim finals chances alive and a good percentage boost wouldn't help also. The home side by 60 plus points.
Lower Plenty are out of the finals race but can shape the compisition with a win over Whittlesea today. Although they play their ground well, I can't see them stopping the Whittlesea jaugernaut (sic) with the visitors to win by 45 points.
All the talk on here this week has added some spice to the Macleod vs Watsonia match. The premiership favourites would have been everyones picks to win and with the ommissions from Watsonia, Macleod should win by 100 points.
An interesting match up at the mushroom farm with Mernda also needing to keep winning while Diamond Creek have the double chance sewn up. Diamond Creek may be a little complacent with this one and will need to be on their game to win. They shoudl by 15 points, with a very important in for Diamond Creek in one N.Grimes.

2009 Division Two Seniors
Mernda 1.1 5.1 10.3 15.4 (94)
Diamond Creek 5.6 8.10 9.13 11.18 (84)

GOALS:
Mernda: Stewart 5 Rees 2 Drakes 2 Anderson 2 Pow Shelton Thorneycroft Truong
Diamond Creek: Stephens 4 Kinnane 2 Donaldson 2 Constance Cusack Burton

BEST:
Mernda: Williams Stewart Shelton Nazifovski Vasilevski Truong
Diamond Creek: McQueen Anstey Burton O'Connor Loader Phelan

Macleod 5.4 14.9 21.12 28.21 (189)
Watsonia 3.4 4.4 7.8 7.9 (51)

GOALS:
Macleod: Corr 7 White 6 Bennett 4 Lynch 3 Melican 2 Crompton Mahoney Bottomley Ewart Kelly Woodhams
Watsonia: Hogg 2 Fitzpatrick McGregor Paladino Bilusic Clarke

BEST:
Macleod: Bennett White Corr Melican Lovett Bennett
Watsonia: Harris Tarrant Hogg Ventura Cogan Paladino

Epping 4.0 8.5 11.5 17.10 (112)
Fitzroy Stars 2.5 4.8 7.15 8.17 (65)

GOALS:
Epping: Willitts 4 Garland 3 Lirosi 2 Patti 2 Lewis Sheldrake Totino Likos Moore Kefalas
Fitzroy Stars: Brown 2 Proctor 2 Young Turner Edwards Bamblett

BEST:
Epping: Moore Lirosi Totino McMahon Garland Long
Fitzroy Stars: Bamblett Mitchell Thorpe Brown Thorpe RIOLI

Lower Plenty 3.2 6.5 7.8 12.8 (80)
Whittlesea 5.3 12.6 18.9 24.10 (154)

GOALS:
Lower Plenty: Barden 6 McLaughlin 4 Brown Perry
Whittlesea: Nixon 8 Buhagiar 4 Murray 3 Robertson 2 Dornauf 2 Behan Dyson Snowdon Page Toll

BEST:
Lower Plenty: Flynn Waters Barden Morrell Mc Taggart Perry
Whittlesea: Jinnette Karafilis Nixon Buhagiar Snowdon Ryan

One of the best games I have seen Mernda play today. Well 2 &1/2 quarters anyway. We looked gone for all money after Quarter time but bit by bit got back into the game to come away with the 4 points which all but will see us play finals footy on 2009. Here we come.
My Better players : Eggy, Krisy, Lezzy, Shelt's, the Burger & Pearso

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the best games I have seen Mernda play today. Well 2 &1/2 quarters anyway. We looked gone for all money after Quarter time but bit by bit got back into the game to come away with the 4 points which all but will see us play finals footy on 2009. Here we come.
My Better players : Eggy, Krisy, Lezzy, Shelt's, the Burger & Pearso

A wise man once told me there are two merndas - one that is very good and the other that is shizenhausen
I think he was proved right today.:D

why would you post this - you look like a w***er either way.
The message that is continuosly sent is that everyone recognizes macleod is on the march to some degree but that you and your like could learn some humility -

Don't give a crap what you think. Most people on here look like w***ers
and you are no exception.

Nonetheless, Macleod won by 139 points, so stick that in your pipe and blow.

It was a prediction, get over it.

could be a very intersting finals series coming up for us all.
Mac =choke choke
diamo = very average of late, losses to epp, mernda
whit =will go out in straight sets, again
mern =which side will turn up, the good the bad or the ugly

I think its hard to go past macleod, theyve been the best preformed team over the season. Im leaning towards whittlesea being the team to meet them in the grannie. Been in good form of late and as much i hate to say it the budge may have learnt from last season. They've hit there straps at the right end of the year. It would be stupid to write off mernda or diamo, but you cant trust if mernda will turn up switched on. As for diamo they were pumped by macleod and havent seemed (based purely on seeing theres score) as convincing as they did early in the season.

Funny how all the people who take cheap shots at the Whittlesea coach have gone very quiet...I'm not involved there or saying that they will make or win the big dance,but as a friend I am coming from a biased perspective.COACH must be doing something right!!!Looking after 60 blokes as well as appeasing the club,supporters and finding the happy medium with everyone is no exact science and creates headaches for all coaches...Hoping the finals create some terrific games...Enjoy

Funny how all the people who take cheap shots at the Whittlesea coach have gone very quiet...I'm not involved there or saying that they will make or win the big dance,but as a friend I am coming from a biased perspective.COACH must be doing something right!!!Looking after 60 blokes as well as appeasing the club,supporters and finding the happy medium with everyone is no exact science and creates headaches for all coaches...Hoping the finals create some terrific games...Enjoy
hahaha your speaking to early buddy!!!!!

i was down at the whit v lower game and fair enough it was a white wash but who is lowers full forward and why hasent there been any talk of him who is he and how has he gone this year he kicked 6 and dominated has he come from a div 1 club?

wat do all u guys here think of andrew bennett from macleod?? alot of ppl hate the bloke from wat i have heard.. also that he could be such a better player only if he wasnt so arrogant etc.. heard his year this season has been pretty down as well.. any thoughts on him or anything?

wat do all u guys here think of andrew bennett from macleod?? alot of ppl hate the bloke from wat i have heard.. also that he could be such a better player only if he wasnt so arrogant etc.. heard his year this season has been pretty down as well.. any thoughts on him or anything?

Why don't you ask his ex? :D:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back