Northern Football League Division 2 - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
wat do all u guys here think of andrew bennett from macleod?? alot of ppl hate the bloke from wat i have heard.. also that he could be such a better player only if he wasnt so arrogant etc.. heard his year this season has been pretty down as well.. any thoughts on him or anything?
johny disco my be able to give you his thoughts, he is a big rap for Andy:D:D

could be a very intersting finals series coming up for us all.
Mac =choke choke
diamo = very average of late, losses to epp, mernda
whit =will go out in straight sets, again
mern =which side will turn up, the good the bad or the ugly

I think its hard to go past macleod, theyve been the best preformed team over the season. Im leaning towards whittlesea being the team to meet them in the grannie. Been in good form of late and as much i hate to say it the budge may have learnt from last season. They've hit there straps at the right end of the year. It would be stupid to write off mernda or diamo, but you cant trust if mernda will turn up switched on. As for diamo they were pumped by macleod and havent seemed (based purely on seeing theres score) as convincing as they did early in the season.

What mistakes did The Bug make last year? He didnt miss goals from 15 metres out. He didnt ask their 1st and 2nd B&F in Jinette and Booker not to get a touch. What he has learned is that there has been a legacy of weak individuals stealing everyone elses' oxygen for years at Whittlesea.
Hence he duly disposed of them. Changing a weak hearted culture in 12 months is a fair effort. Just a few names that are missing and yet still a formidable team. Gissing, Gilchrist, Booker, Robertson, Fitzgerald, Garland, Ince, Ryan, Crawford, Aqualina and Wardy to be next. All of the above are suffering delusions of grandeur, but all kudos to The Bug in the disposing of these players.
They still have to find the strength come finals time but so do Macleod and Mernda. Whoever makes it through will then have to find 20 goals to be competitive in the big boys league next season.

i was down at the whit v lower game and fair enough it was a white wash but who is lowers full forward and why hasent there been any talk of him who is he and how has he gone this year he kicked 6 and dominated has he come from a div 1 club?

Barden is a terrific player and would be quite capable in 1st division. What people have to realise is that there is a 20 goal gap between the 2 divisions.
My question though is why is Barden playing FF? Is he carrying injuries? Billy is in the best half dozen onballers in the competition. He would usually kick 2-4 a game playing onball cum HFF. Surely the team would be better server with him up the ground kicking his 2-4, throw in another couple of assists, inside 50's etc, and play someone else at FF to maybe create a contest but also kick 2-4 himself a game. So by my calculation is has gone from a 6 goal haul but with no penetration from the centre to a possible 9 or maybe more by the time you add up all the incidentals.
Most coaches would be licking their chops seeing B.Barden at FF.

Barden is a terrific player and would be quite capable in 1st division. What people have to realise is that there is a 20 goal gap between the 2 divisions.
My question though is why is Barden playing FF? Is he carrying injuries? Billy is in the best half dozen onballers in the competition. He would usually kick 2-4 a game playing onball cum HFF. Surely the team would be better server with him up the ground kicking his 2-4, throw in another couple of assists, inside 50's etc, and play someone else at FF to maybe create a contest but also kick 2-4 himself a game. So by my calculation is has gone from a 6 goal haul but with no penetration from the centre to a possible 9 or maybe more by the time you add up all the incidentals.

Yes he is a versatile player who can do the job forward, midfield or back. We need him forward at the moment tho. On Saturday we had 11 or 12 of our best 22 out and we are really just doing our best to be as competitive as we can for the rest of the season. Which on Saturday (for the first time since early in the season), we obviously werent for much of the game. And this week wont be any easier. But it gives other blokes a chance and we will reload for 2010 with a full list, plus another 4 or 5 very good players who will be returning to the club.

For 2009 the top 4 looks all but settled and given the results of the last month the premiership is really up for grabs. On what I have seen I would expect Macleod to take it out. If everyone plays to their potential they are clearly the most talented. But anything can happen in finals and they obviously have a big mental hurdle to overcome. If they do win tho, losing the previous 3 may well be a blessing in disguise as they would appear better equipped than ever before to have a crack at the next level with the addition of a few more quality players this season.

Yes he is a versatile player who can do the job forward, midfield or back. We need him forward at the moment tho. On Saturday we had 11 or 12 of our best 22 out and we are really just doing our best to be as competitive as we can for the rest of the season. Which on Saturday (for the first time since early in the season), we obviously werent for much of the game. And this week wont be any easier. But it gives other blokes a chance and we will reload for 2010 with a full list, plus another 4 or 5 very good players who will be returning to the club.

For 2009 the top 4 looks all but settled and given the results of the last month the premiership is really up for grabs. On what I have seen I would expect Macleod to take it out. If everyone plays to their potential they are clearly the most talented. But anything can happen in finals and they obviously have a big mental hurdle to overcome. If they do win tho, losing the previous 3 may well be a blessing in disguise as they would appear better equipped than ever before to have a crack at the next level with the addition of a few more quality players this season.

You said the same thing last year Andy....
PS - How many times have you watched that DVD I gave you
at the GF a few years ago ?

You said the same thing last year Andy....
PS - How many times have you watched that DVD I gave you
at the GF a few years ago ?

Said the same thing bout what??

Thinking Macleod would win it?? Probably did think they would last year and reckon they will this year.

Said the same thing bout what??

Thinking Macleod would win it?? Probably did think they would last year and reckon they will this year.

Sorry, I meant Jason.

Yep - I thought we would have won it last year too after touching up
Thomastown in the last game. Them's the breaks.

Different team, different attitudes this year.

Might see you on Saturday. Hopefully those rabbit holes are all
filled in.

Sorry, I meant Jason.

Yep - I thought we would have won it last year too after touching up
Thomastown in the last game. Them's the breaks.

Different team, different attitudes this year.

Might see you on Saturday. Hopefully those rabbit holes are all
filled in.

Yeh will do. Not sure which side of the fence I'll be yet.

Those rabbit holes are worse than ever. Certainly wouldn't be risking my key players on the ground on the eve of finals!!!

Bill plays CHF and not shy to try and snag a few. Played down back at the start of the year until andy left for his adventure and has filled in the posi well over the last couple of months. Hasn't played any onball roles this year his mobility and marking would definitely be an asset around the ground.

What mistakes did The Bug make last year? He didnt miss goals from 15 metres out. He didnt ask their 1st and 2nd B&F in Jinette and Booker not to get a touch. What he has learned is that there has been a legacy of weak individuals stealing everyone elses' oxygen for years at Whittlesea.
Hence he duly disposed of them. Changing a weak hearted culture in 12 months is a fair effort. Just a few names that are missing and yet still a formidable team. Gissing, Gilchrist, Booker, Robertson, Fitzgerald, Garland, Ince, Ryan, Crawford, Aqualina and Wardy to be next. All of the above are suffering delusions of grandeur, but all kudos to The Bug in the disposing of these players.
They still have to find the strength come finals time but so do Macleod and Mernda. Whoever makes it through will then have to find 20 goals to be competitive in the big boys league next season.
The Bug made mistakes just as much as the players did that's why we're in divi 2 and not in the AFL.
As for the players - Gissing is out for this year with health problems and the last time i spoke with him he was staying at Whittlesea in the future, Robertson played a handful of games, Ince didn't play more than 2 or 3 games in the seniors from memory, Garland went back to epping to playing with his brother.
As for the rest the all had reasons to leave that were right for them.
And i'm pretty sure all of those left on their own accord and weren't forced by "The Bug"
As for the legacy of weak individuals at Whittlesea, you sure are continuing it by bagging out current and former players over this...

The Bug made mistakes just as much as the players did that's why we're in divi 2 and not in the AFL.
As for the players - Gissing is out for this year with health problems and the last time i spoke with him he was staying at Whittlesea in the future, Robertson played a handful of games, Ince didn't play more than 2 or 3 games in the seniors from memory, Garland went back to epping to playing with his brother.
As for the rest the all had reasons to leave that were right for them.
And i'm pretty sure all of those left on their own accord and weren't forced by "The Bug"
As for the legacy of weak individuals at Whittlesea, you sure are continuing it by bagging out current and former players over this...

I am not bagging the current crop. Cant remember saying that. I actually believe they are doing a fine job. I would like to know though, what mistakes did The Bug make in your opinion last year? It could only be revolved around the last 3 games. Most players severely under performed finals time. Did he pick the wrong team? One selection comes to mind but I'll await to read what you have to say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am not bagging the current crop. Cant remember saying that. I actually believe they are doing a fine job. I would like to know though, what mistakes did The Bug make in your opinion last year? It could only be revolved around the last 3 games. Most players severely under performed finals time. Did he pick the wrong team? One selection comes to mind but I'll await to read what you have to say.
Wardy is a current player at the club..
I agree the players under performed when it mattered, but win or lose the coach is a part of the team and that's all i'll say about last year.

It's not my place(nor is this the place) to comment on Pete's performance to be honest.
What reason could you have a go at Pete for?
We're sitting third with a very slight chance of getting into second and we are going to play finals again. That's a fair effort I would think.

It's all positive at Whittlesea this year:thumbsu:

Round 18 Epping vs Mernda

Epping vs Mernda - Round 18

Macleod 60 267.67%
Diamond Creek 56 181.12%
Whittlesea 52 174.51%
Mernda 52 158.30%
Epping 48 150.21%

For Epping to move into 4th position at the expense of Mernda, firstly they must win to get the 4 points. Then, they must also win by around 45 points as the scenario will show you below.

Mernda 60 points 151.21% :(
Epping 104 points 151.29% :)

Mernda 70 points 150.87% :(
Epping 115 points 150.89% :)

Mernda 80 points 150.43% :(
Epping 125 points 150.58% :)

As you can see from the points kicked by each team, Epping's winning margin must be around 45 points for them to climb into 4th position. This should be a great game and may the best team win....:confused:

Re: Round 18 Epping vs Mernda

Epping vs Mernda - Round 18

Macleod 60 267.67%
Diamond Creek 56 181.12%
Whittlesea 52 174.51%
Mernda 52 158.30%
Epping 48 150.21%

For Epping to move into 4th position at the expense of Mernda, firstly they must win to get the 4 points. Then, they must also win by around 45 points as the scenario will show you below.

Mernda 60 points 151.21% :(
Epping 104 points 151.29% :)

Mernda 70 points 150.87% :(
Epping 115 points 150.89% :)

Mernda 80 points 150.43% :(
Epping 125 points 150.58% :)

As you can see from the points kicked by each team, Epping's winning mragin must be around 45 points for them to climb into 4th position. This should be a great game and may the best team win....:confused:

Well wonder how close it would be if they played Lemon morang this year especially if they win this week. maybe they should have played on the week off!

ok people im picking my div 2 rep side
b rees, evan murray?, r wise
hb perryman, w box, k shaw
a bennett, c corr,m brown
hf, lynch, moore, knee
f, c brown, k ewart, j white
page,proctor,c taylor
bench jackson,hollow,doveton,willets,heenan

any thoughts??????

close how come the rep side only plays every 2 years anyways???

Re: Round 18 Epping vs Mernda

Well wonder how close it would be if they played Lemon morang this year especially if they win this week. maybe they should have played on the week off!

Before all this sh1t starts,
Epping were credited with the average winning margain for that round which was 80 points, thats a pretty handy percentage boost in anybodies language.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back