Northern Football League Division 2 - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look underbelly I think Whittlesea are overated and have not really beat anyone of significance. When they beat Macleod, Macleod had seven GOOD seniors out and Whittlesea could still only win by 4 goals when they should have put Macleod away. Murray really hurt Macleod on that day and he aint playing this week.

Epping had 6 good players out last week just goes to show they have not got a lot of depth.

I think Diamo will show some true form and send Budgen back to the real world and bring the Whittlesea people back to earth and show them that they have not improved on last year finishing same position.

Diamo by 37 points

out
pretty sure w'sea have beaten every side in the revised draw except diamo! but this week will be there chance! good to see ya been readin the results ya donut!!!

pretty sure w'sea have beaten every side in the revised draw except diamo! but this week will be there chance! good to see ya been readin the results ya donut!!!

I did say significance "GOOSE" the two top sides are clearly above anyone else. Yea they had a few hiccups but the result will tell after this Sunday and Whittlsesea will still not have improved from last year.

I did say significance "GOOSE" the two top sides are clearly above anyone else. Yea they had a few hiccups but the result will tell after this Sunday and Whittlsesea will still not have improved from last year.

I disagree Slash - Whittlesea have improved and any team that takes them lightly does it at their own peril. Teams that win 10 in a row, of which most of those were against D2 teams, are not shit. Diamond Creek dropped a few games in the past month.

As they, don't flirt with the formguide - you of all people should know that !

I disagree Slash - Whittlesea have improved and any team that takes them lightly does it at their own peril. Teams that win 10 in a row, of which most of those were against D2 teams, are not shit. Diamond Creek dropped a few games in the past month.

As they, don't flirt with the formguide - you of all people should know that !

3 were against divvy 3 clubs and 3 against divvy two clubs who fell away badly. So I see it as 4 in a row - whooppee doo.

Yep good credit for beating mernda in RD 15 by 15 points but not much of an improvement losing RD 5 by 7 points (ALBEIT THEY WON THE GAME) only a 22 point turn around nothing to get too exicted about unless it was a GF.

As for the other two games Macleod and Epping were badly depleted. If you want to waste some time have a look at their players list.

Overall You have mised my point as I see it. Whittlesea have not improved on last year and will go out of the finals race this week the same as last year.

I know you don't want to take the lid off and think it may come back to bite you on the bum if they make it through and beat you. But after losing 3 in a row who really gives a shit at this time everything else has been thrown at us, we are still copping the choking gestures from people even during the game. STUFF THEM ALL GO CLOUDERS

3 were against divvy 3 clubs and 3 against divvy two clubs who fell away badly. So I see it as 4 in a row - whooppee doo.

Yep good credit for beating mernda in RD 15 by 15 points but not much of an improvement losing RD 5 by 7 points (ALBEIT THEY WON THE GAME) only a 22 point turn around nothing to get too exicted about unless it was a GF.

As for the other two games Macleod and Epping were badly depleted. If you want to waste some time have a look at their players list.

Overall You have mised my point as I see it. Whittlesea have not improved on last year and will go out of the finals race this week the same as last year.

I know you don't want to take the lid off and think it may come back to bite you on the bum if they make it through and beat you. But after losing 3 in a row who really gives a shit at this time everything else has been thrown at us, we are still copping the choking gestures from people even during the game. STUFF THEM ALL GO CLOUDERS
just remember the monkey on ya back next saturday could quite easliy become a gorilla!! not that you play just one of those typicial loud mouth *******s with no teeth an a woodstock bourbon in hand!!

Ah the match tomorrow to decide who will be the second best team in Division Two in 2009 and the pre-season premiership favourites for season 2010. Yes, no matter what any of the team management, players and supporters think, they are really only playing for second best as next week Macleod will surely pull their pants down and bend them over. But enough on that, what about tomorrow/
Many BigFootyers have put forward theories and reasons for the recent average form of Diamond Creek and the winning streak of Whittlesea. Well here is mine. Firstly Diamond Creek. They came down from Division One and over the off-season were all being pumped up about returning back to Division One straight away and that would have contributed to some recruiting and good form on the track. Also, history shows that if a team coming down and retaining a large core of their player base usually has those players playing in the Division One mode - which we would all agree is a lot faster and more aggressive. But as the season wears on, particularly if they are winning early matches, they become lazy and slip back to the Division two standard and really come back to the pack. Hence my reason for them winning all those early matches, nine in a row, with the last couple only just wins before coming up against a determined, and ready, opponent. And they have now dropped back into the Division Two mould of smacking the lower teams but struggling against equal opponents.
As for Whittlesea, well my theory is the opposite. They would have been, and were, shell-shocked about how their season finished last year and would have taken some time to regroup. And of course there was the major issue with their ground and the Black Saturday fires. So really, they were well behind the pack as the season started. But with some quality recruits and a determination to bounce back, led by a very good coach, they have put together a good win streak, not withstanding that they did win their fair share of games early in the season, albeit against the lower ranked teams. So now they are back to where they probably thought they could be pre-season, taking into account all that happened in that time.
So, tomorrow's match. If the NFL website is correct, then the loss of Whitehouse-Summers and McQueen will be sorely felt by Diamond Creek, even with the inclusion of Taylor. It's another win or go home game for Whittlesea but will they risk Murray, who if he plays (and it will probably be up forward) will require a good Diamond Creek player to mind him. Although Diamond Creek won their only meeting this season, that was when the two clubs cycles were changing, and for that I am selecting Whittlesea to win by 15 points.

Ah the match tomorrow to decide who will be the second best team in Division Two in 2009 and the pre-season premiership favourites for season 2010. Yes, no matter what any of the team management, players and supporters think, they are really only playing for second best as next week Macleod will surely pull their pants down and bend them over. But enough on that, what about tomorrow/
Many BigFootyers have put forward theories and reasons for the recent average form of Diamond Creek and the winning streak of Whittlesea. Well here is mine. Firstly Diamond Creek. They came down from Division One and over the off-season were all being pumped up about returning back to Division One straight away and that would have contributed to some recruiting and good form on the track. Also, history shows that if a team coming down and retaining a large core of their player base usually has those players playing in the Division One mode - which we would all agree is a lot faster and more aggressive. But as the season wears on, particularly if they are winning early matches, they become lazy and slip back to the Division two standard and really come back to the pack. Hence my reason for them winning all those early matches, nine in a row, with the last couple only just wins before coming up against a determined, and ready, opponent. And they have now dropped back into the Division Two mould of smacking the lower teams but struggling against equal opponents.
As for Whittlesea, well my theory is the opposite. They would have been, and were, shell-shocked about how their season finished last year and would have taken some time to regroup. And of course there was the major issue with their ground and the Black Saturday fires. So really, they were well behind the pack as the season started. But with some quality recruits and a determination to bounce back, led by a very good coach, they have put together a good win streak, not withstanding that they did win their fair share of games early in the season, albeit against the lower ranked teams. So now they are back to where they probably thought they could be pre-season, taking into account all that happened in that time.
So, tomorrow's match. If the NFL website is correct, then the loss of Whitehouse-Summers and McQueen will be sorely felt by Diamond Creek, even with the inclusion of Taylor. It's another win or go home game for Whittlesea but will they risk Murray, who if he plays (and it will probably be up forward) will require a good Diamond Creek player to mind him. Although Diamond Creek won their only meeting this season, that was when the two clubs cycles were changing, and for that I am selecting Whittlesea to win by 15 points.

Another bloke blinded by Budgen

It has been a very interesting year for Div 2, from round 1 there has been 8 team who were in the race for Finals footy and with 5 teams able to take out the big one on their day, Unlike Div 1 which was over after the practice matches.
So down to the last 3.
I think Whittlesea have timed their run just right and should be able to beat Diamond Creek tomorrow. I hear Creek have lost 3 players this week which will not help them.
Now we come to the big one.
How good are Macleod as a club, all three side have made their way into the big one. Now do they have 1 more win in them ?
I think the senior's have, they have been the stand out team for the year and should be better for the week's rest.
Best of Luck to both team next week, let's hope it goes down to the last kick.

Macleod Snr's
Mernda Magoo's
Diamond creek u/19's

As for 2010 I hope the League can keep Div 3 up and running as the last 5 game's were great to watch, imagine all 18 game's played that way.

SLASHER25 said:
I think Whittlesea are overated and have not really beat anyone of significance. When they beat Macleod, Macleod had seven GOOD seniors out and Whittlesea could still only win by 4 goals when they should have put Macleod away. Murray really hurt Macleod on that day and he aint playing this week.
SLASHER25 said:
Hi Slasher and all you Whittlesea knockers, I would just like to set the records straight. Firstly, we had an interrupted pre season due to the bushfires, due to this, we lost our training venue for 8 weeks, we had to cancel 3 of our practice matches that were scheduled to be played at Whittlesea.

Secondly, you cannot compare this years playing group to last years, we have 8 players playing that did not play in 2008, 5 of these players are Under 19's. Our goal as a club this year was to finish the season and remain in Division 2 and build a team for the future. To finish in the top 4 was a bonus, then to beat Epping by 6 goals in the 1st Semi Final who flogged us by 39 points in round 1 was even a bigger bonus as the club hadn't won a final for 10 years. Whatever happens from now on is a Fairy Tale.

The main difference at the club this year is that they are all mates playing footy together and aspire to play in the one's. Peter Bugden and our players have exceeded all expectations already this season and the playing group believe they have a good chance to go all the way.

We have nothing to lose as a club as we have already had a terrific year, the pressure is on Diamond Creek and Macleod who both have so much to lose.

One last comment, every team has injured players, if you have to make excuses for losing games and can't admit the opposition was better on the day, that's sad...

Another bloke blinded by Budgen

Here we go! Another Macleod coward! The club to have never done anything of note. Big bunch of powder puffs. Hope you do make it next year so all of you can get your ultimate wish. Anal sex!
It will be like being in prison for 12 months. Arse beatings once a week.

Here we go! Another Macleod coward! The club to have never done anything of note. Big bunch of powder puffs. Hope you do make it next year so all of you can get your ultimate wish. Anal sex!

Very nice comments d***h***. Get your hand off it will you? And look who is calling people cowards, the biggest shirt lifter in the NFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey its the Dill Dog here from neighbours (Stingrays bro and Toady and Tadpoles cousin).

for u ppl who are not aware of my past or bright future but interested to know that i done some serious time in the slammer and I can tell you now that what I was on the receiving end of will not compare what macleod will be in store for in Divvy 1

P.S. it would be much appreciated if nobodys mentions me howling at the moon when i got lost in the bush after that disastrous plane crash,my how it hurt and messed me up both physically and emotionally - really dark period for my life but i have fought through and am now a better person for it

P.P.S. I hope my little mate Zeke gets over his post traumatic stress which im sure he will that little nut meg is a fighter...you mark my words boys

God Bless

SLASHER25 said:
I think Whittlesea are overated and have not really beat anyone of significance. When they beat Macleod, Macleod had seven GOOD seniors out and Whittlesea could still only win by 4 goals when they should have put Macleod away. Murray really hurt Macleod on that day and he aint playing this week.
SLASHER25 said:
Hi Slasher and all you Whittlesea knockers, I would just like to set the records straight. Firstly, we had an interrupted pre season due to the bushfires, due to this, we lost our training venue for 8 weeks, we had to cancel 3 of our practice matches that were scheduled to be played at Whittlesea.

Secondly, you cannot compare this years playing group to last years, we have 8 players playing that did not play in 2008, 5 of these players are Under 19's. Our goal as a club this year was to finish the season and remain in Division 2 and build a team for the future. To finish in the top 4 was a bonus, then to beat Epping by 6 goals in the 1st Semi Final who flogged us by 39 points in round 1 was even a bigger bonus as the club hadn't won a final for 10 years. Whatever happens from now on is a Fairy Tale.

The main difference at the club this year is that they are all mates playing footy together and aspire to play in the one's. Peter Bugden and our players have exceeded all expectations already this season and the playing group believe they have a good chance to go all the way.

We have nothing to lose as a club as we have already had a terrific year, the pressure is on Diamond Creek and Macleod who both have so much to lose.

One last comment, every team has injured players, if you have to make excuses for losing games and can't admit the opposition was better on the day, that's sad...
well in that case macleod had no training venue to due to the ground getting done and also had practice matches cancelled, they too have 6 new players in from last years team so should they be happy with what there done so far????:confused: i dont think so......

Hey its the Dill Dog here from neighbours (Stingrays bro and Toady and Tadpoles cousin).

for u ppl who are not aware of my past or bright future but interested to know that i done some serious time in the slammer and I can tell you now that what I was on the receiving end of will not compare what macleod will be in store for in Divvy 1

P.S. it would be much appreciated if nobodys mentions me howling at the moon when i got lost in the bush after that disastrous plane crash,my how it hurt and messed me up both physically and emotionally - really dark period for my life but i have fought through and am now a better person for it

P.P.S. I hope my little mate Zeke gets over his post traumatic stress which im sure he will that little nut meg is a fighter...you mark my words boys

God Bless
You are a ****en dill Parkside will never be in the position macleod finds it self in with a good chance of playing A grade footy while you ******s at parkside play of in a charity final series for sides that can not cut the mustard in 2nd division.After watching the 2 gresham boys against macleod early this year wisey will shit in the B+F at parkside,hopefully this summer we can get him across to the kangas because he is to good to be playing with you duds in div3.

whittlesea smashed diamond creek. piss poor game. shit skills, 50 odd points in the end. Macleod V Whittlesea in the granny, who will win?
Good win today by Whittlesea without Evan Murray sets up a good match next week but a fresh Macleod should get the job done.

Well done Whittlesea boys,club and coach...Seems from afar,club is laying some future healthy foundations with a young group...Nice to see a local club fight back from(outsiders viewpoint)an ugly 12 months of politics...Again from afar,am glad one of you sides in the Grand Final will get the opportunity to win the big dance,both clubs and players have copped plenty of flak in previous seasons for perceived poor performances,so good luck to the victor... Lastly,supporters,players and clubs are very much more well thought of when you win in a humble manner...Majority on here would understand,the disillusionment and sting of losing,doesn't leave a team,club orientated footballer in a hurry... Enjoy the game boys,you've earnt it...

You are a ****en dill Parkside will never be in the position macleod finds it self in with a good chance of playing A grade footy while you ******s at parkside play of in a charity final series for sides that can not cut the mustard in 2nd division.After watching the 2 gresham boys against macleod early this year wisey will shit in the B+F at parkside,hopefully this summer we can get him across to the kangas because he is to good to be playing with you duds in div3.

What a surprise! A Macleod moron getting sucked in. Yeah go your hardest at Wisey again but he plays for the loveof the jumper and its comments like that from you why he'd never contemplate going to your club. We all get a laugh at how much money you throw around to come 2nd. Enjoy your tea thursday night, I hear its fish, might even be some bones in it...

What are you talking about buddy, Whittlesea will smack your chocking arse next week and watch you play in divvy 2 for yet another year after thinking you will go up to divvy 1 for the last 4 years.

As for wisey going to Macleod, have a think about why he hasn't to do date, cos he is a loyal person and doesn't get bought with your handouts.

What are you talking about buddy, Whittlesea will smack your chocking arse next week and watch you play in divvy 2 for yet another year after thinking you will go up to divvy 1 for the last 4 years.

As for wisey going to Macleod, have a think about why he hasn't to do date, cos he is a loyal person and doesn't get bought with your handouts.
Why don't you get back to your divvy 3 thread you ****wits good luck on saturday in the big grand final to see who does finish 9th.

1 ) Robbie Wise will not go Macleod , nor are we chasing him

2 ) All Macleod players play for the jumper. There are zero mercernaries. The only external recruit from the past 2 years is he is as much a clubman as the rest of the 70+ players on the list.

3 ) There are many tall poppies out there from other clubs who are not competing in the Grand Final next Saturday. I would suggest that they look into their own backyard before making comments. The best 2 teams have made it and deserve their spot.

4 ) Macleod will win this game - most of the players have been there over the past 3 years and they deserve their opportunity to finally win the game for a ) themselves and b ) their peers and c ) to shove it up all the cucksockers who get an erection over Macleod's past disappointments.
Experience counts for everything and this will be the most telling factor come Saturday. Whittlesea played their best team last encounter and duly saluted. In poker terms, they showed their hand, whereas Macleod held the Ace of Hearts up their sleave.

5 ) To the Diamond Creek senior players when walking off at half time last week against Macleod, you got what was coming to you. Fancy mentioning about choking half way through a game, choking yourselves and then going out in straight sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back