Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 2009 Northern Football League Division 3 - Part I

oi..wat u recokn is wests main issue...y so bad

Here's my tips for this week
Seniors-
Sth Morang by 40pts- will be too good for the west boys but you never know....
Reservoir by a goal - Have got the hunger at the right time and parkside will come in thinking they have it won before they get there
Hurstbridge by 60 pts- The bridges will be too good for the hillbilly counterparts

Reserves-
Sth Morang by a bit- sorry west fans
Reservoir by 20 pts - will be going for three on a trot and have been playing good footy as of late
Hurstbride by 60+ points - As like the seniors

Thoughts????

oi..wat u recokn is wests main issue...y so bad
This season, the lack of pre-season and the threat of the club maybe folding has really hurt us. We have some good players that could play seniors at other clubs quite easily, but the next tier of players drops off too much. Thats not to say everyone isn't busting their behinds, other teams are just better than we are across the board. Division 3 will help our club (if it goes ahead of course), but we know we have a long road ahead of ourselves and we'll tough it out because that's the sort of club we are at West. We havn't caved in yet and I don't think we ever will.

Rezza are a bunch of *****, the coach gives someone a spray for being sent off he tells em to **** off and have a shower, he comes on and does the same thing within a minute and thinks its okay.

Powell couldnt touch it and went off injured. done that a few times apparently.

-Our number 37 was only paying you dirty ***** back, you desevered so much more.

West has a lot of potential just need a good coach, decent spine and good pre season.

freddie you have spoken like a true hillbilly.
you sound that fu..en stupid its laughable.

i'll leave you with a thought.....
dont spit in the sky. it can land back on you

think about it.

Rezza are a bunch of *****, the coach gives someone a spray for being sent off he tells em to **** off and have a shower, he comes on and does the same thing within a minute and thinks its okay.

Powell couldnt touch it and went off injured. done that a few times apparently.

-Our number 37 was only paying you dirty ***** back, you desevered so much more.

West has a lot of potential just need a good coach, decent spine and good pre season.

JOSH JOSH JOSH You have a few things to learn

This season, the lack of pre-season and the threat of the club maybe folding has really hurt us. We have some good players that could play seniors at other clubs quite easily, but the next tier of players drops off too much. Thats not to say everyone isn't busting their behinds, other teams are just better than we are across the board. Division 3 will help our club (if it goes ahead of course), but we know we have a long road ahead of ourselves and we'll tough it out because that's the sort of club we are at West. We havn't caved in yet and I don't think we ever will.

agree with that youngy

South Morang by 36 points- Morang would wanna be on their game though, I am sure West would see this as a good oppertunity and will hit Morang with everything they have, but if Morang are on their game they will be too good. Morang would need to get the win and as much percentage as they can get looking at the ladder. It looks like Morang , panton hill And even Rezza may all finish on the same points or 2 of them at least. Panton Hill v South Morang next week will probably decide who out of them will deffinantly make finals.

Parkside by 24 points- Watch out though Parkers, Looks like you are next on Rezza's HIT list

Hurstbridge by 45 points- Should be too good Panton Hill and i will put my Morang cap on and hope they pump them.

The good thing about D3 is that i believe any team can win on their day. Even agaisnt the top 2 sides, unlike when in D2 where when playing the top six sides or so, even if lower sides play at their best and gave it all and the top sides had a off day, the top side would still win because of their skill level and probably would only have to put a quater together to get away with the win. But here the skill level between the teams isn't that different, maybe west are a bit behind at the moment but i am sure on their day with a bit of belief they will push the few sides above them as they did to panton hill a few weeks ago, so no team is a cert and Parkside deserve to be flag favourites but like i said, any team on their day.

South Morang by 36 points- Morang would wanna be on their game though, I am sure West would see this as a good oppertunity and will hit Morang with everything they have, but if Morang are on their game they will be too good. Morang would need to get the win and as much percentage as they can get looking at the ladder. It looks like Morang , panton hill And even Rezza may all finish on the same points or 2 of them at least. Panton Hill v South Morang next week will probably decide who out of them will deffinantly make finals.

Parkside by 24 points- Watch out though Parkers, Looks like you are next on Rezza's HIT list

Hurstbridge by 45 points- Should be too good Panton Hill and i will put my Morang cap on and hope they pump them.

The good thing about D3 is that i believe any team can win on their day. Even agaisnt the top 2 sides, unlike when in D2 where when playing the top six sides or so, even if lower sides play at their best and gave it all and the top sides had a off day, the top side would still win because of their skill level and probably would only have to put a quater together to get away with the win. But here the skill level between the teams isn't that different, maybe west are a bit behind at the moment but i am sure on their day with a bit of belief they will push the few sides above them as they did to panton hill a few weeks ago, so no team is a cert and Parkside deserve to be flag favourites but like i said, any team on their day.

agree with that, west was pretty pumped at training last night so you never know, we could pull of a huge upset

MY TIPS-Reservoir at home to win by 20 points.Panton hill to get smashed in number 37 last game of the year,Hurstbridge to win by 55.And in the upset of the year West to beat Morang by a kick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe if Reservoir came to play the football instead of the man, then karma might not come back to bite them on the arse. You cant go sniping from the start of the game and then when you cop one back ( I understand that the fella is not in good way, which is unfortunate) go and have a cry to mum. Any of the filthy incidents that happened on the weekend could have been just as nasty. Have a good think about it Reservoir maybe come and play the footy then maybe the girls that play for you want get hurt , and want have to sook to the NFL when you get hurt. Once again KARMA sucks

MY TIPS-Reservoir at home to win by 20 points.Panton hill to get smashed in number 37 last game of the year,Hurstbridge to win by 55.And in the upset of the year West to beat Morang by a kick.

And it's amazing that three teams who have each won three matches all season are figuring in teh race for the final two finals spots. Can you believe that ?

So on to today's matches:
There is a few who are suggesting that West Heidelberg will beat South Morang today. How can that be as West Heidelberg haven't won a game for donkey's years and South Morang, well ..... Okay. South Morang, just!
Should be an interesting match between the neighbours at Hurstbridge. Panton Hill haven't played as expected in recent weeks and I don't think thay can beat grand final favourites Hurstbridge.
The premiership favourites Parkside will need to be alert against what appears to be a different Reservoir side from earlier in the season. Now amongst their own maybe Reservoir think they can rough their way to a win. Parkside won't have any of that and will win by 45 points.

And as I mentioned on the Division 2 post, can people please post the final scores from today here so that we don't have to rely on the non-exixtant NFL website to see who wins and loses.

good to see west push south morang, absolute dreadful club. keep pluggin away west :thumbsu:

good to see west push south morang, absolute dreadful club. keep pluggin away west :thumbsu:

thanks mate, we keep playing good spells of football and then drop our heads for a short time when the opposition kick a couple of goals. If we can get off to a good start then we should put in a good fight

this week should be interesting against parkside, dont think we will win but next week against resa will show how much we have improved throughout the year and hopefully get a win on the board!

thanks mate, we keep playing good spells of football and then drop our heads for a short time when the opposition kick a couple of goals. If we can get off to a good start then we should put in a good fight

this week should be interesting against parkside, dont think we will win but next week against resa will show how much we have improved throughout the year and hopefully get a win on the board!

Morang kicking 6 goals to none in the first quater put you behind the 8 ball but i must give west credit in fighting the game right out kicking 5 goals to 1 in the last to bring it back to a respectable margin from over 10 goals a 3 quater time and i think west kicked 10 goals to 9 after the first quater.
West have to try not let bad umpiring decisions get them down, the umpiring was woeful asusual towards both sides at times but i noticed alot west players reminstrating after decisions went against them. I have noticed with morang this year really struggling that everything seems to go against you and players get disheartened with the umpiring but shocking umpiring is part and parcelled with this league, especailly D3 now but like Morangs coach always says, get to the ball first and decisions will be more likely to go your way, but the againg!

Morang kicking 6 goals to none in the first quater put you behind the 8 ball but i must give west credit in fighting the game right out kicking 5 goals to 1 in the last to bring it back to a respectable margin from over 10 goals a 3 quater time and i think west kicked 10 goals to 9 after the first quater.
West have to try not let bad umpiring decisions get them down, the umpiring was woeful asusual towards both sides at times but i noticed alot west players reminstrating after decisions went against them. I have noticed with morang this year really struggling that everything seems to go against you and players get disheartened with the umpiring but shocking umpiring is part and parcelled with this league, especailly D3 now but like Morangs coach always says, get to the ball first and decisions will be more likely to go your way, but the againg!

agree with you about the umpires, but we have had the same ones 3 weeks in a row and they are woefull to both to both teams, but im not using that as an excuse

agree with you about the umpires, but we have had the same ones 3 weeks in a row and they are woefull to both to both teams, but im not using that as an excuse

It's been pretty quiet on this posting for a few days but if one looks at the fixture/results for this round right now, it shows that Heidelberg West has defeated Parkside by 40 points !

TIME/VENUE2:10 PM
Sat 15/Aug

Panton Hill (Map)Email Match Reminder
Detailed Results
Enter Results
Panton Hill vs South Morang 2:10 PM
Sat 15/Aug

Parkside (Map)Email Match Reminder
Detailed Results
Enter Results
Parkside10.5-65 def. by Heidelberg West15.15-1052:10 PM
Sat 15/Aug

Reservoir (Map)Email Match Reminder
Detailed Results
Enter Results
Reservoir vs Hurstbridge

AMAZING !

But the real results should be:
Panton Hill and South Morang are fighting for the remaining finals spot, and although both can make it after next week a win today will really secure it. South Morang are probably playing better and should win by 27 points.
The result of the Parkside vs West Heidelberg match won't be what is shown on the website with premiership favourites Parkside looking to put the pieces into place for the finals. Parkside to win by 60 points.
Mmm, Reservoir vs Hurstbriodge with Hurstbridge pretty well having the double chance sewn up and Reservoir neediung to win to play finals for the first time in a couple of years, providing they play football and don't muck up. But I do think that Hurstbridge will win by 30 points.

Went and watched the parkers V heid west game yesterday and take my hat off to heid west who fought back from a 48 point to zero first qtr to be within 3 goals at half time and also 3 qtr time but in the last qtr didnt have the fitness or class to match it with parkside who were kicking against an absolute gale to run out 5 goal winners..Best on for heid west was Bennett (No.21) who killed them in the middle and best on for parkside was between R.Wise in the guts and D.Greshem down back who were both good all day
21 was A. Young.. not bennett.

awesome display by west on saturday, 2's actually led the entire game until about 5 mins to go in the last qtr (huge wind in favour of parkside) and for the 1's to come from 48 points down to lose by 23 was a credit

Big one this week boys, its our time!

awesome display by west on saturday, 2's actually led the entire game until about 5 mins to go in the last qtr (huge wind in favour of parkside) and for the 1's to come from 48 points down to lose by 23 was a credit

Big one this week boys, its our time![/quote]

Tend to agree ^, the hawks have really turned things around, particulary their discliplne and never say die attittude. Resa are playing for 4th spot this week and the hawks could well shape the finals on their home ground so there is still a bit to play for.

All your posts are about Morang,80-90%, so i guess you've been hurt before somewhere along the line by them. It's a nice feeling knowing that they irk you so much and your still hurting. Keep up the negative posting on them as it reassures all of us here on Big Footy that your suffering inside.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back