eb075

Debutant
Apr 14, 2006
Sunbury
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
There IS no-one else
At the risk of being locked out by the pro-knights club, I'll post this for discussion (I hope). For 27 years I watched us as a stable club coaching wise. Are we destined to now be one of those clubs that hangs on desperately to a failing coach for 5 or 6 years to eventually sack him halfway thru a season having wasted those years and start again? I would rather do it now and get on with the next candidate before this group wastes the early part of their careers. Discuss - if we're allowed.

I've seen it plenty of times from our boys under Frawley, Walls, Gieschen and Wallace.

That was a 'we don't want Knights to coach anymore' performance.

I'm glad an outsider pointed it out. It's only a matter of time before the players realise that they might like him, but they're not playing for him.

I've seen it plenty of times from our boys under Frawley, Walls, Gieschen and Wallace.
That was a 'we don't want Knights to coach anymore' performance.
It most definitely looked that way. No passion, no interest, no fight - this is not Essendon. Knights' situation will become untenable now in my opinion and the pressure is only going to build. This entire coming week will be about Essendon and Knights and it will be like a tsunami. Talk back went into absolute meltdown immediately after the game and there is just no support left for Knights amongst members and rank and file supporters and if the board were smart they would be tuned into this. Sections of the crowd were booing him at 3/4 time (which is extremely poor) and I can only imagine what will happen when (not if) we cop a couple of 10 goal+ hidings from Collingwood, St Kilda, Bulldogs, etc. Better to make the call early and move on rather than wait until 5 years has gone past and we are no further advanced. I'd say he is dead man walking now.

At the risk of being locked out by the pro-knights club, I'll post this for discussion (I hope). For 27 years I watched us as a stable club coaching wise. Are we destined to now be one of those clubs that hangs on desperately to a failing coach for 5 or 6 years to eventually sack him halfway thru a season having wasted those years and start again? I would rather do it now and get on with the next candidate before this group wastes the early part of their careers. Discuss - if we're allowed.
What are you talking about?

There's nobody left in the so-called pro-Knights club.

We're permitting discussion on it, so long as it's constructive; if it's just yet another "sack Knights" thread, it'll be added to the pile. Simple.

What are you talking about?

There's nobody left in the so-called pro-Knights club.

We're permitting discussion on it, so long as it's constructive; if it's just yet another "sack Knights" thread, it'll be added to the pile. Simple.

Talking about locking the who's going to replace knights thread. Sure there was nothing "constructive" but there was some funny stuff there. Is there nowhere for a bit of humor around here if it's deriding knights? Must we be all serious all the time? Surely at the moment a bit of light heartedness can be a relief.

I really think he will last till the end of the year - hopefully we dont sack coaches mid year - then will be terminated. Lets hope there is a good replacement coach out there!

Two words Mark Williams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not for us

Remove this Banner Ad

Back